PDA

View Full Version : Been wanting to say this for a long time

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 09:04 AM
I can't stand Avery Johnson. I liked him as a Spur, but he has been gone from the Spurs for a while now. He is the coach of the Dallas Mavericks, which is the team we are trying to beat to get to the Western Conf. Finals. Fans here and the media here needs to get off of his nuts already. Fans at the game need to boo him and tell him how much he sucks.

J.T.
05-10-2006, 09:10 AM
I think he'll get booed off the floor in Game 5. I know I'll be calling him out.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 09:14 AM
His smirk gets on my nerves big time. I cheered for him when he was a Spur, but after that who gives a crap what he does. He has nothing to do with the Spurs organization anymore. Let it go Spurs fans.

J.T.
05-10-2006, 09:16 AM
I never liked him as a Spur. It was always about David, Sean and Tim. I also have a "fond" memory of being at a game back at the Dome and some annoying 4 year old girl screaming "Come on Avery!" the whole fucking game. Spurs really need to man up and quit thinking Avery is our friend.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Exactly! Get us a couple of tickets to sit behind the Mavs bench on Game 5 and we can chant all game, "Avery Sucks" and "Cuban Sucks."

SENIORSPURSFAN
05-10-2006, 09:26 AM
We sure don't want his number in our rafters.

ForestBrain
05-10-2006, 09:31 AM
lol. AJ sucks?
Is that why he led his team (in his first season) to the third best team in the league?
Or why their defense has gone from being non-existant to championship worthy?
The man won COTY. Get over your freakin' selves, accept the Mavs were better than the Spurs last night. You sound like a bunch of bandwagon fans. Most Spurs fans are. Most Spurs fans dont' even watch the Spurs where I come from.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 09:32 AM
lol. AJ sucks?
Is that why he led his team (in his first season) to the third best team in the league?
The man won COTY. Get over your freakin' selves, accept the Mavs were better than the Spurs last night. You sound like a bunch of bandwagon fans. Most Spurs fans are. Most Spurs fans dont' even watch the Spurs where I come from.

where the hell are you from?

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 09:34 AM
where the hell are you from?

If I had to guess....the Forest?

ForestBrain
05-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I'm in south Texas. Near Hidalgo county. EVERYBODY is a Spurs fan. Yet NOBODY watches any games. It makes no sense. I have more knowledge about the Spurs than a lot of Spurs fans here. It's pretty sad and very annoying.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 09:38 AM
lol. AJ sucks?

AJ inherited a team with a bunch of talent. Wow. The team wasn't a sorry before he got there. If he were to turn the Hawks around I would understand, but he took a team that was ALREADY good and made them a little better.

Its not about getting over ourselves. Its me not standing Spurs fans who are still all over this dude when he has nothing to do with the Spurs anymore. I bet you weren't a Pistons fan until they beat the Lakers in the Finals.

ForestBrain
05-10-2006, 09:42 AM
^ That's the thing, they had no defense. They sucked. You have no defense, you aren't a contender. He changed their mindset. He has given them a different mindset.
BTW, I used to live in Michigan, my whole famliy used to. We've ALWAYS been Piston fans.
I just discovered message boards a little while ago.

mugatu
05-10-2006, 09:45 AM
This lame topic could not have been posted in the Vent topic?

If you don't like AJ say something after game one, not after your spurs got ass raped on national tv,

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 09:51 AM
This lame topic could not have been posted in the Vent topic?

If you don't like AJ say something after game one, not after your spurs got ass raped on national tv,

Mouse, all your threads are necessary right?

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 09:55 AM

Zzzzzzziiiiiiiing!

touche

Big Worm
05-10-2006, 09:58 AM

Until you remove that gay picture you found on MySpace from your avatar? I don't think anyone will take you serious patna!

Slomo
05-10-2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Photoshop_madness/wanted_AJ.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-10-2006, 10:29 AM
:lol ^^^^^^^^^^^ Awesome photoshop.

And my quote even made it on there. :lmao

Spurminator
05-10-2006, 10:35 AM
I like him more as a coach than a player.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 10:51 AM
That was awesome Slomo.

bdubya
05-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Slomo, that's beautiful work. But, "constant whinning" is a problem - did you mean he's wanted for constant "whining" or constant "winning"? You really ought to fix that one way or the other. (Also "premises", but that one isn't ambiguous).

HTH,
b"mister spelling fascist"w

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Your best work yet so far Slomo.

Slomo
05-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Slomo, that's beautiful work. But, "constant whinning" is a problem - did you mean he's wanted for constant "whining" or constant "winning"? You really ought to fix that one way or the other. (Also "premises", but that one isn't ambiguous).

HTH,
b"mister spelling fascist"w

Ooops, yeah whining is correct - will correct it tonight.

premisses - webster says both spelling are correct - but I'll correct it anyway :)

spur219
05-10-2006, 12:18 PM
THANK YOU! Finally someone said this. I get sick of everyone saying all this nice stuff about Avery Johnson. Sure he was a decent player while he played here but that is over and now he is coaching against our San Antonio Spurs. The damn defending champions. If Avery Johnson does not care about the Spurs or the fans of the Spurs and whines and complains especially the comment about Bear Hug defense then we should not show any compassion torwards him.

Ya his run here with the Spurs was nice. But now lets stomp over his sorry little complaining ass.

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Leave AJ alone

Sasha
05-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Most Spurs fans dont' even watch the Spurs where I come from.

Apparently you come from Detroit. Need I say more? :angel

Sasha
05-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Apparently you come from Detroit. Need I say more? :angel

Oops, made a mistake. You don't even have the excuse of coming from Detroit. If you're in south Texas, why the Spurs hate? Just curious.

ForestBrain
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I've lived in south Texas for going on seven years. I do not hate the Spurs. I don't even know where that came from. I don't like a lot of their fans, mostly because their "fans" don't even know anything about the team and don't even watch the games, yet they go on and on about how good they are. And they are good.
But another thing that bothers me is if they lose, there is always an excuse. Why can't you just accept for that one game, Dallas was the better team? I never LIVED in Detroit. I live in Muskegon and Jackson. But my family have always been Piston fans. I've always been a Pistons fan. But I am also a huge basketball fan, I like watching the games. So I watched last nights Mavs game, was getting extremely frustrated with all of the foul calls, both ways. The refs wouldn't let them play. But it was the same for both team. So there are no excuses.
I also think the "Javie Sucks" routine was extremely immature.

DubMcDub
05-10-2006, 02:08 PM
If this is how Spurs fans want to deal with their extreme insecurities about the loss and obvious fear at the prospect that there actually IS a chance that the Mavs will take the series....fine by me. It's great entertainment.

samikeyp
05-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I don't like a lot of their fans, mostly because their "fans" don't even know anything about the team and don't even watch the games, yet they go on and on about how good they are. And they are good.

Talk to some of who have been around since the Gervin days. Its a whole different story. :) I will admit..there are quite a few Spurs fans who have been spoiled with success.

I will always be a fan of AJ because of what he did for the Spurs and more importantly the community and some people I know. Right now he is the coach for the other team so I will not be rooting for him but I don't root for anyone not a Spur. The whole "hate" thing though is a little strong, IMO. Then again, I don't believe it belongs in sports but that is just me.

pache100
05-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I've lived in south Texas for going on seven years. I do not hate the Spurs. I don't even know where that came from. I don't like a lot of their fans, mostly because their "fans" don't even know anything about the team and don't even watch the games, yet they go on and on about how good they are. And they are good.

I'm in south Texas. Near Hidalgo county. EVERYBODY is a Spurs fan. Yet NOBODY watches any games. It makes no sense. I have more knowledge about the Spurs than a lot of Spurs fans here. It's pretty sad and very annoying.

I don't know where you live or who you talk to, and don't really care. But, I live right here near San Antonio (since 1974). Frankly, I can't think of a single person I know (and I work on an Air Force base) who doesn't watch at least some Spurs games during the regulation season. And almost everyone I know watches more games during the playoffs. And I know quite a few people who watch every minute of every game during the playoffs. I doubt you know more about the Spurs than the average poster on this board. You haven't been here long enough to be making the statements you are making, son.

samikeyp
05-10-2006, 02:13 PM
If this is how Spurs fans want to deal with their extreme insecurities about the loss and obvious fear at the prospect that there actually IS a chance that the Mavs will take the series....fine by me. It's great entertainment.

Nice generalization of all Spurs fans. :rolleyes

pache100
05-10-2006, 02:13 PM
I will always be a fan of AJ because of what he did for the Spurs and more importantly the community and some people I know. Right now he is the coach for the other team so I will not be rooting for him but I don't root for anyone not a Spur. The whole "hate" thing though is a little strong, IMO. Then again, I don't believe it belongs in sports but that is just me.

:tu

samikeyp
05-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't know where you live or who you talk to, and don't really care. But, I live right here near San Antonio (since 1974). Frankly, I can't think of a single person I know (and I work on an Air Force base) who doesn't watch at least some Spurs games during the regulation season. And almost everyone I know watches more games during the playoffs. And I know quite a few people who watch every minute of every game during the playoffs. I doubt you know more about the Spurs than the average poster on this board. You haven't been here long enough to be making the statements you are making, son.

Since 74? You too huh? Cool!

I had you younger than that. :)

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 02:35 PM
But another thing that bothers me is if they lose, there is always an excuse. Why can't you just accept for that one game, Dallas was the better team? I never LIVED in Detroit. I live in Muskegon and Jackson. But my family have always been Piston fans. I've always been a Pistons fan. But I am also a huge basketball fan, I like watching the games. So I watched last nights Mavs game, was getting extremely frustrated with all of the foul calls, both ways. The refs wouldn't let them play. But it was the same for both team. So there are no excuses.
I also think the "Javie Sucks" routine was extremely immature.

Yeah, Im not trying to pile on, but this board is the best sports boards I have
registered on.

Sure, theres a few loopy bastards crying foul when things go sideways, but isnt that true for every fanbase of every team ever?

You watch, 3 days from now, all the peeps bitching will have had time to eat, sleep, get laid, sleep some more and comeback with a more mature view and come to the conlusion that they were just flat outplayed.

pache100
05-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Since 74? You too huh? Cool!

I had you younger than that. :)

Thanks for the compliment, mikey. I'll be 54 in October. I'm old.

209Goodfella
05-10-2006, 02:42 PM
If the Mavs didnt just kick the Spurs ass, this thread wouldnt have never been created. :lol

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2006, 02:53 PM

There are distinct camps in this forum, I think. And, I think, the differences between the camps become rather obvious after playoff losses and particularly after bad playoff losses.

I don't think any Spurs fan who knows anything at all about basketball would discount the Mavericks or argue that they aren't formidable and good enough to win this series. (curiously, the reverse is also true: there seem to be a number of Mavs "fans" who have shown up around here who absolutely refuse to acknowledge that the Spurs are a formidable team and good enough to win this series, too). I don't think you'd find many Spurs fans who follow the game closely who will moan on and on incessantly about officiating or contend that last night's game was decided in any fashion by the men on the whistles. Nor do I think you will find that knowledgable fans will lord past titles over teams in current seasons.

With that said, if you take some perverse joy in reading the doubts of those who -- in most cases -- don't share those traits and in extrapolating from that to reach conclusions about all Spurs fans, go right ahead.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 03:03 PM
This thread was started because of the replay of the post game press conference I watched this morning of AJ. I just don't like him. I'm tried of a lot of Spurs fans acting like he is still a part of this organization. That is all.

ShoogarBear
05-10-2006, 03:03 PM
I don't think any Spurs fan who knows anything at all about basketball would discount the Mavericks or argue that they aren't formidable and good enough to win this series. (curiously, the reverse is also true: there seem to be a number of Mavs "fans" who have shown up around here who absolutely refuse to acknowledge that the Spurs are a formidable team and good enough to win this series, too). I don't think you'd find many Spurs fans who follow the game closely who will moan on and on incessantly about officiating or contend that last night's game was decided in any fashion by the men on the whistles. Nor do I think you will find that knowledgable fans will lord past titles over teams in current seasons.

I think there are also different modes. There's basketball mode, and there's smack mode. Both are fine as long as you don't cross the streams. The problem is immediately after a loss in any given thread there tends to be a lot of mixing between the two.