PDA

View Full Version : 4th seed WAS better

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Awhile ago (during reg. season), I posted my thoughts that being the fourth seed could actually be better than being number 1.

Now I really wish the Spurs were 4th.

We would (probably) have swept the Grizzlies, and been waiting for a tough 7 game series between the Mavs and Kings to end.

We would be rested and less injured, while the Mavs/Kings would be beat up and tired.

Homecourt? Against the Mavs we've lost homecourt anyway. Pistons would still be number 1, so no difference there. WCF, Spurs would still have homecourt.

So, anyone else thinking we should have rested Manu and Tony and lost a few more regular season games?

leemajors
05-10-2006, 09:14 AM
should've would've could've. does it really matter at this point? spurs would need to dig deep for this series regardless. i don't think the mavs would be playing any different if they had gone 7.

rascy13
05-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Does it matter? We'll still beat the Mavs.

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I know, I'm just venting. It pisses me off how screwed the Spurs got by being the Number 1 seed, though.

And for those who say "it doesn't matter", it does matter. Everyone knows the only thing that can derail the Spurs is injuries. If Manu and Tony are hurting (and they sure look like they are), it makes the road to the Championship that much harder.

People were crying for 70+ wins during the regular season, and for what?!? This is the result: a beat up, tired Spurs team.

I'm not giving up, of course, the days off before Saturday will help. I just wish we had a week off, instead of this 3 playoff games in 5 days bullshit.

OK, done ranting now. Flame away.

Oh, yeah, and here's the original thread. Good stuff:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34934&page=1&pp=26