PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "Trade Manu" thread yet?

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Cuz there outta be one.

SA210
05-10-2006, 09:23 AM
I think you just started it. And T Park is your first customer.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM
What the hell? You can't be serious. You'll be all over his sack when he tears the Mavs up.

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Spurs can't win without Manu.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 09:26 AM
LOL....I dont agree with trading him particularly, but...

Homeboy is eternally playing hurt. All well and good if you can still play incredible defense...which he cant.

Manu not attacking the basket is no Manu at all, IMO. Without that, what do you have? A better than average 3 point shooter who is OK on defense.

If this trend continues into next year, yeah, I would explore my options.

But not immediately after this season, no. If he is hurt, he deserves another chance. He was Finals MVP after all....o wait...

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2006, 09:28 AM
What the hell? You can't be serious. You'll be all over his sack when he tears the Mavs up.

I'll take it back if they win the finals. Until then, Manu is on my shit list.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 09:31 AM

Damn! Let me tell Manu so that he can step it up just for you. Ok?

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-10-2006, 09:45 AM
The rest will do Manu good.

You'll be happier after Manu shows up in game 3.

DarrinS
05-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Manu has been pretty beat up this postseason. Don't be so quick to dump him.

I have no problem letting Nazr or Van Exel go.

spurschamp2005
05-10-2006, 11:31 AM
I dn believe in tading manu as an idea... he is probaly the most important player and the most influential player in the squad....tim may get back his form...but he does not influential enough ........if ginobilli continue this way...there is no way Spurs could win cthe championship.....that the bottom line

abelle23
05-10-2006, 11:52 AM
i dont want to see him in any other team but the spurs...

Spurologist
05-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Game 3: Manu = 30 pts

CosmicCowboy
05-10-2006, 12:07 PM
hmmm...I think TimVP started talking about it yesterday afternoon...he said if Manu had another lousy game (last night) he was ready to trade him...

Sportman
05-10-2006, 12:10 PM
This topic must be closed. Eventually, the person who created this topic is a crazy fan, he is the first guy to cheer during a victory and he is the first guy to criticize during a defeat, too. You suck

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2006, 12:13 PM
This topic must be closed. Eventually, the person who created this topic is a crazy fan, he is the first guy to cheer during a victory and he is the first guy to criticize during a defeat, too. You suck

That's Mr. Gee!! to you, son.

ducks
05-10-2006, 12:24 PM
is he not mentally over the turnover yet?

he has not played a solid whole game since
he played good int he second half of game 6

IceColdBrewski
05-10-2006, 12:50 PM

Translation: "I'm a bandwagon jumper, and I'm jumping off the Manu wagon for now."

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Translation: "I'm a bandwagon jumper, and I'm jumping off the Manu wagon for now."

:lmao

IceColdBrewski
05-10-2006, 12:53 PM

Didn't anyone tell you? Injuries aren't an acceptable reason for subpar play in Manu's case. Only Tony Parker gets that kind of treatment around here.

Mr. Peabody
05-10-2006, 01:12 PM

Is nobody allowed to criticize Manu? He's been playing like shit lately. I would rather have Barry in the game the way Manu's been playing.

How many time has he had the ball at the top of the key at the end of a quarter/game only to drive the lane and get the ball stripped. It must happen at least once a game. The guy just doesn't have it right now.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:15 PM
hmmm...I think TimVP started talking about it yesterday afternoon...he said if Manu had another lousy game (last night) he was ready to trade him...

That was a joke to mock saying it before the game 1 victory.

TPark did say it very seriously last night though.

ducks
05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
kori do you think manu is mentally over the turnover?

nkdlunch
05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
The series just started! damn. Who thought this would be easy? Manu has time to come around.

ducks
05-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Didn't anyone tell you? Injuries aren't an acceptable reason for subpar play in Manu's case. Only Tony Parker gets that kind of treatment around here.

is manu injured though?
link please?

austinfan
05-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Trade Manu? Are you guys serious or just venting your frustration at the loss? Think about it this way: Would you want to have to face Manu playing for an opposing team?

Sometimes even the best athletes don't have it going for them. You don't rearrange your whole team and get rid of them just because they're going through a bad week, a bad month or even a less than stellar season.

This is crazy talk.

Kori Ellis
kori do you think manu is mentally over the turnover?

Of course. He's committed many since then :)

I want to know why people say "he's only 70%", "he's still coming back from injury", "he's not heathy yet"?

What injury is he coming back from? Or are you guys saying he's just tired/banged up?

Spurminator
People are stupid.

ducks
05-10-2006, 01:19 PM
The series just started! damn. Who thought this would be easy? Manu has time to come around.

fact last 8 road games manu played great at home not on road

scary if this is good now what will be worse?

IceColdBrewski
05-10-2006, 01:20 PM
is manu injured though?
link please?

Um, I guess you haven't paid much attention this season. He has been banged up all year. You think his injuries just magically went away when the playoffs started?

ducks
05-10-2006, 01:21 PM
I know he has been injured during the regular season
but at the end of it he had been playing better
now agrentina posters are saying 70%

what is injured?

ShoogarBear
I want to know why people say "he's only 70%", "he's still coming back from injury", "he's not heathy yet"?

What injury is he coming back from? Or are you guys saying he's just tired/banged up?
Yeah, I've been wondering about this mystery injury myself.

And If TP had played like this, IceColdBrewski and AHF would have already started five "Trade Tony" threads apeice.

Oh, Gee!!
Um, I guess you haven't paid much attention this season. He has been banged up all year. You think his injuries just magically went away when the playoffs started?

Maybe if he didn't flop every time he was touched, he'd be 100% right now.

BigVee
05-10-2006, 01:22 PM
It is a combination of things with Manu. 1. His reputation as a "flopper" means he often does not get legit calls. 2. Teams are really keying on his tendencies. 3. Pop has done absolutely nothing I can see to change the offense to get him the ball in better positions...same old elbow pick and roll. 4. He looks tired from the Sac series. and 5. I think items 1,2, and 3 have him very frustrated right now.

ducks
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
manu has been hurt more then healthy
you have to way that in with the good he brings
at some point you have to wonder if trading him but be in the team's best interst
or is his contract ok for playing him no more then 30 minutes a game and not on back ot back nights?

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Is nobody allowed to criticize Manu? He's been playing like shit lately. I would rather have Barry in the game the way Manu's been playing.

How many time has he had the ball at the top of the key at the end of a quarter/game only to drive the lane and get the ball stripped. It must happen at least once a game. The guy just doesn't have it right now.

I think Manu deserves some leadway, IMO. He was the Finals MVP of last year, I dont care what anyone else says. He has had an injury plagued season, he is still injured right now (its obvious, he cant even travel like he is used to :lol ) and I believe he will snap out of it.

I really do. And if your saying that SA's playoffs hopes rest solely on Manu's health, then your basically saying your team isnt good enough with him because Manu isnt a 30 and 8 guy nor is he a lockdown defender.

My point is, regardless of this years results, trading Manu shouldnt be explored any time before next years trade deadline.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 01:24 PM

Sometimes I think your humor is lost on alot of people.

real subtle.

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Sometimes I think your humor is lost on alot of people.

real subtle.

I'm the Andy Kaufman of Spurstalk

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I think Manu deserves some leadway, IMO. He was the Finals MVP of last year, I dont care what anyone else says. He has had an injury plagued season, he is still injured right now (its obvious, he cant even travel like he is used to :lol ) and I believe he will snap out of it.

I really do. And if your saying that SA's playoffs hopes rest solely on Manu's health, then your basically saying your team isnt good enough with him because Manu isnt a 30 and 8 guy nor is he a lockdown defender.

My point is, regardless of this years results, trading Manu shouldnt be explored any time before next years trade deadline.

First of all, I don't think they should look to trade Manu.

I think he'll snap out of it too, but I don't know why I think that.

But he had a 32 point game in round 1. Was he not "injured" then? Has he been injured since then?

To me, this whole season Manu has looked sick or fatigued -- not exactly injured. It seems he can't even play more than a 5 minute stretch these days, and that kills his rhythm.

So I'm not sure what to think. But for some reason, I still believe he'll get better.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 01:36 PM
http://www.funnycomedymovies.com/akaufman1.jpg

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 01:37 PM

But he had a 32 point game in round 1. Was he not "injured" then? Has he been injured since then?

To me, this whole season Manu has looked sick or fatigued -- not exactly injured. It seems he can't even play more than a 5 minute stretch these days, and that kills his rhythm.

So I'm not sure what to think. But for some reason, I still believe he'll get better.

I agree. Maybe "sick or fatigued" is much more accurate way of putting it. Whatever the case, something is definately up.

angel_luv
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
We are not trading Gino.

austinfan
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Can we steal away the Pistons' trainer from them? Because that guy has his folks in perfect shape. I wonder if our trainers are doing enough to keep people in the best physical condition possible? Yes, age factors in, but look at Bruce Bowen--he's 36, but he takes care of his body as if it were a vintage Ferrari. Sheer talent and will aren't always enough to carry people through a full season. Even Tony--all of 23 years old--looks tired on the second game of a back-to-back, or in a game with a short turnaround. There's something wrong with that picture.

IceColdBrewski
05-10-2006, 01:42 PM

Um, no. It has more to do with the fact that he plays with reckless abandon whenver he's healthy enough. Which is why guys like David Robinson and Charles Barkely appreciate his game so much. When you have a player with that kind of passion, there are going to be injuries. But you have to take the bad with the good. Or in your case, just jump off the bandwagon.

Methinks you should stick with colorless one-liners in the Political forum. Basketball doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits.

Sportman
05-10-2006, 01:44 PM
:depressed

TMTTRIO
05-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Now that I think back on it I remember hearing PJ when asked about health and if Tim and Manu were ready for the playoffs on one of the pregame shows he said that Tim was pretty healthy and ready to go and Manu was less so for it but they still had to go on with it. It sounded like Manu is just trying to survive and play through the post season to me.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Um, no. It has more to do with the fact that he plays with reckless abandon whenver he's healthy enough. Which is why guys like David Robinson and Charles Barkely appreciate his game so much. When you have a player with that kind of passion, there are going to be injuries. But you have to take the bad with the good. Or in your case, just jump off the bandwagon.

Methinks you should stick with colorless one-liners in the Political forum. Basketball doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits.

OhGeeownd!!!11!

Mr. Peabody
05-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Oh, Gee!!>Kaufman>Colbert?

Mr. Peabody
05-10-2006, 02:12 PM
When you have a player with that kind of passion, there are going to be injuries. But you have to take the bad with the good.

Injuries I can live with. It's his poor play that is the reason for this thread.

timvp
05-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Why the hell would you trade Manu? Manu is a warrior is lives to win playoff games.

He'll snap out of his this funk and will lead the Spurs in Game 3.

Believe.

Ginofan
05-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Why the hell would you trade Manu? Manu is a warrior is lives to win playoff games.

He'll snap out of his this funk and will lead the Spurs in Game 3.

Believe.

That's the Timvp I like to see.

Criticize Manu all you want people, he has played like shit, I'll admit that. But at least have the decency to have FAITH in him and his ability as a player. He'll be "back" and then you can have so much fun sniffing his jock strap.

T Park
05-10-2006, 03:31 PM
I have faith in him.

BUT, if he finishes out this postseason like he has? I would put him on the block.

You would get an all SG in return, and who knows what else in a package with Beno and Mohammed.

IF, he finishes out the playoffs like he has been playing.

I don't know what his problem is, but he needs to snap the hell out of it.

nkdlunch
05-10-2006, 03:34 PM
send him to the Bulls! for Hinrich :smokin

It'd be awesome to see manu/chapu combination

Spurminator
05-10-2006, 03:41 PM
It's a pointless discussion unless you're specific about who, exactly, you expect in return. "Put him on the block" is just shock value bullshit.

If Manu had a bad enough Postseason to justify the Spurs parading his name around as trade bait, his value is probably too low at that point to expect a fair return anyway.

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 03:42 PM

He's obviously hurt Kori. He can't jump. He has no lift at all. He's even wearing a wrap on his left calf. He wouldn't be wearing it if he wasn't hurt. Why don't you find out what's really up with him?

spurschick
05-10-2006, 06:16 PM
The Church of Manu is keeping vigil until our patron saint returns to form.

Believe.

mFFL03
05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
put Manu in acting. he is obviously learning better english and "I did what?!" faces.

well actually put him in anger management before anything....

the man freaks out when one whistle is blown against him

ducks
05-10-2006, 06:25 PM
so the church of manu thinks it is plain as day he is hurt
because he is not producing
everyone knows tp is hurt

mFFL03
05-10-2006, 06:28 PM
HURT?

how long have they been hurt exactly? and if more than one month.....WHY WERE THEY PLAYING AT THAT TIME IN THE SEASON????

ponky
05-10-2006, 06:28 PM
so the church of manu thinks it is plain as day he is hurt
because he is not producing
everyone knows tp is hurt

TP is hurt, Manu is not hurt, he has a mental block. That said, I think it's ridiculous to talk about trading him, he's a great player when's he on. Dirk flustered all last year in the playoffs and it was disappointing to watch but he seems to have gotten over that this year. Really good players will find a way to get over the mental block and I seriously think Manu will get over it...hopefully right after this series!

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 06:29 PM
HURT?

how long have they been hurt exactly? and if more than one month.....WHY WERE THEY PLAYING AT THAT TIME IN THE SEASON????

Tony just got hurt in Game Six against the Kings (and then hit again in Game 1). He'll be fine by next game.

TMTTRIO
05-10-2006, 06:31 PM
well Pop did say that Tony and Manu were both at practice rehabbing today

ponky
05-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Tony just got hurt in Game Six against the Kings (and then hit again in Game 1). He'll be fine by next game.

What about Ginobili's fall yesterday? I cringed when I saw that because it looked painful. I have fallen in nearly the same manner on concrete and was alright until the next day. Is he good to go? I prefer all players on deck for gametime.

timvp
05-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I think Manu was just tired from a tough series in which he had to guard Ron Artest. Artest is 275 pounds of muscle. Manu is 175 pounds of heart. Of course he's going to be worn out and banged up.

Now hopefully he can get rested in this break and come out like the real Manu in games 3.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 06:34 PM
What about Ginobili's fall yesterday? I cringed when I saw that because it looked painful. I have fallen in nearly the same manner on concrete and was alright until the next day. Is he good to go?

He's getting treatment today. He was already playing really poorly before that. So the tailbone wasn't his only problem yesterday. I don't know if he's hurting, tired, in a funk, or all of the above, but I want to see him doing better very soon.

ponky
05-10-2006, 06:36 PM
He's getting treatment today. He was already playing really poorly before that. So the tailbone wasn't his only problem yesterday. I don't know if he's hurting, tired, in a funk, or all of the above, but I want to see him doing better very soon.

I think it's both exhaustion and mental. Maybe he should bring someone from Argentina the way Dirk brings in Holger for the playoffs and to help him when he has mental blocks that affect his performance.

timvp
05-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Last playoffs, Manu didn't have too many tough matchups. First round he had whatever scrub guard they put next to Carmelo. In the second round he had Damien Wilkins and Antonio Daniels after Rashard went down. In the WCF he didn't even have to guard anyone ... he just had to stand there and make sure no one hit threes on him. In the Finals he had Tayshaun, who was pretty tough but not as tough as Artest or whoever he has to guard this series.

That is another main reason why his offensive numbers are down. Going from guarding Artest to Devin Harris would wear out anyone on earth outside of Bruce Bowen.

A-Train
05-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I generally hate to see the long playoff layoffs due to the TV contracts, but this time it's just what the Dr ordered.

ducks
05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
well Pop did say that Tony and Manu were both at practice rehabbing today

ok so maybe he is hurt
first time that I know of that pop said it or the spurs

ponky
05-10-2006, 06:49 PM
ok so maybe he is hurt
first time that I know of that pop said it or the spurs

probably because he fell on his back yesterday, that doesn't mean he was hurt prior to that fall...i'm talking about manu, not parker

A-Train
05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Manu's been banged up all season long. That fall certainly didn't help. Hopefully the time off will.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Manu did get hurt in the Sac series I read it on a post game wrap up of game 6 on Friday. It mentioned Tony and Manu in the locker room nursing their wounds and Manu having a less serious bruise to his leg. He's been banged up all year. So no doubt he's been playing hurt. He also admitted this post SA-Dallas game 2 that he's also hurt, on the spurs nba page on the audio quotes.

Anyway , we know he's hampered with injury, but I think it's mental. I think Pop's emphasis that Manu is "Key" to their playoff success (with utter truth in that statement) is playing a mental game with Manu. Also living up to his past season success is on his mind. He mentioned coming into the playoff's that he can't guarantee playing just as good as last year, but will do his part in playing his role, or match it. With Parker sharing the load more and Tim playing a different role, Manu seems to have an ambiguous approach now. And I think that's what makes him even more inconsistent than ever.

I think Pop either needs to unleash him and go back to last year's approach with him as second option regardless of injury, and Manu needs to stop worrying about conserving himself so much for the "Later" postseason and play each game as if it were the last. None of this saving himself bullshit, because we can't blink anymore after the first round. You could tell in game 1, game 2, instead of finishing he made sure he didn't risk putting himself in an injury position. The falls he takes each time get in his head. It's all mental.

Last year he played banged up through the postseason even into the Finals after game 3,4, he returned to form to win it in games 5,6,7. He needs to shake the expectations and just go play. Ever since his consecutive injury and all the talks about him being a 5-year player have probably caught up with him mentally. There's no denying this. Manu's game is only inhibited by what he sees best for the team and he's too willing to step back and score for one quarter now and that's taken him out of rhythm. Last year him as the leader of offense kind of fed his confidence and his style. It worked for the argentinean team, and in the 2005 play off run. Pop needs to make Manu the leader,co-leader whatever and not a crappy roleplayer which is what he's been as the third option. If his role is too small he's ineffective.

Dunc
05-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Manu will be fine. He'll pick it back up. I don't know that, but I expect it.

ducks
05-10-2006, 08:05 PM
intersting post

pop needs to say the big three need to step up
not just manu
manu needs a long look in the mirror and tell him what he is made out of
I am not convissed he is over his turnover
I think he is pressing some
I never thought I would see thtat from him

SA Gunslinger
05-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Manu, Rasho, and Barry for KG

J/K

smeagol
05-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Cuz there outta be one.
Congrats, this thread tops in stupidity the ones you post in the political forum.

My quick two cents: No, Manu should not be traded. The reasons are so obvious even OG should know them.

And by the way, why am I not surprised ducks is all over this thread.

1Parker1
05-10-2006, 09:38 PM

Believe.

This is a little weird, usually at this point in the season, I've had to defend against Trade Parker threads...

Slinkyman
05-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Manu has helped us win 2 championships and ya'll wanna trade him? We just won the title last year and manu was a big reason why, so what if he hasn't been himself so far. I'd understand if manu was all "hype" like alot of the NBA "superstars" who never win anything but score alot but manu has won and plays hard and puts the team first what more can you ask? You can not expect the spurs to win it all every single year it's just not gonna happen, be thankful for what the spurs have done because most teams don't even come close.

SANANTOJAMES
05-10-2006, 09:41 PM
its only the second game. chill, manu is doing a good job

Cherry
05-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Manu has helped us win 2 championships and ya'll wanna trade him? We just won the title last year and manu was a big reason why, so what if he hasn't been himself so far. I'd understand if manu was all "hype" like alot of the NBA "superstars" who never win anything but score alot but manu has won and plays hard and puts the team first what more can you ask? You can not expect the spurs to win it all every single year it's just not gonna happen, be thankful for what the spurs have done because most teams don't even come close.

WORD

Brutalis
05-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Manu is playing like he's in slow motion waiting for something to happen. It's like the controlled choas is .. controlled.

sprrs
05-10-2006, 10:15 PM
So by that logic we should have traded Tony any of the past four years, because he's had a bad showing in the playoffs. You can't judge a player by eight games. Manu will snap out of it, he's too mentally tough to keep playing this way.

SequSpur
05-10-2006, 11:29 PM
I would trade him right now if possible. Manu sucks.

Dude has blown all year long. I call it like it is.

Manu sucks.

Mr. Peabody
05-10-2006, 11:31 PM
So by that logic we should have traded Tony any of the past four years, because he's had a bad showing in the playoffs.

We can't trade Tony. He's responsible for the only celebrity we ever have in the crowd at Spurs games. If Tony wasn't on the team, I wouldn't get to see Eva's reactions every time Tony is fouled or gets called for a foul.

Mr. Peabody
05-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I would trade him right now if possible. Manu sucks.

Dude has blown all year long. I call it like it is.

Manu sucks.

Get the Rockets on the phone.

Is Derek Anderson available?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-11-2006, 12:43 AM
I don't think there is anything I can come up with that excuses Manu's performance as of late. I'm still a fan of his no doubt, but I can't blame people for getting upset at him... it's "open season" on Manu people, take advantage of it... for now...

ShoogarBear
05-11-2006, 12:44 AM

This is a little weird, usually at this point in the season, I've had to defend against Trade Parker threads...
Season ain't over yet.

Melmart1
05-11-2006, 12:59 AM
Well, at least this is slightly more tolerable than the trade Tim BUMkin threads.

angel_luv
05-11-2006, 01:03 AM

Believe.

You are so cool.

I will add my prayers to yours. :)

TDfan2007
05-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Give me a break with this Manu is injured crap. Tim is injured and he seems to be doing fine. It's the playoffs and that's when the great players step their game up. This is why I'm so surprised at Manu, even in his rookie year he was a much better playoff performer than regular season performer. It's always been that way with him. I honestly don't know WTF is wrong with him.

Mr. Peabody
05-11-2006, 01:19 AM
Give me a break with this Manu is injured crap. Tim is injured and he seems to be doing fine. It's the playoffs and that's when the great players step their game up. This is why I'm so surprised at Manu, even in his rookie year he was a much better playoff performer than regular season performer. It's always been that way with him. I honestly don't know WTF is wrong with him.

He is trying to do too much and he is forcing his game.

JLH Fans
05-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Trade Manu for Ricky :smokin
To be serious,it would be a very bad move from the Spurs to trade him.

RonMexico
05-11-2006, 02:09 AM

Yeah, I think Duncan is more mentally tough than Ginobili is - since he has probably played through injury before and has a more steadily-honed "playoff switch" if you will (in the sense that he has a few more NBA seasons and one more ring than Ginobili under his belt). I think Ginobili is trying to force himself back into his former playoff self and the more he fails, the more anxious I think he gets. He is a smart player, but he seems to be regressing recently and making boneheaded plays that made Pop livid sometimes back in his first 2 seasons (like pulling up for 3s on the break or forcing some floaters on the drive). I'm disappointed with a lot of the "trade Manu" talk (and I know some of it is in disgruntled jest), because people will often knock a player or franchise for jumping ship and not being loyal to their fans because they either want more money or want to be the focal point of a new offense on a crappy team or they want to ride someone else's coattails to a title (see Malone and Payton and maybe Van Exel). But then, these same people will turn around and say - "dammit, he sucks on the road this year's playoffs and I don't care if he's injured, trade his ass..." It's just hypocritical and disloyal, especially to a player so integral to prior championship victories. I think that if Ginobili is in a slump these playoffs (could be injuries, could be defenders are playing him differently, could be that he can't focus on the game), he either will be able to turn it around or come back even stronger next year because he has been a champion on both the NBA and Olympic levels.

On a side note, I'm just wondering if Duncan was so bored this year with being the best and winning championships the old-fashioned way that he realized the Spurs could still win 63 games with him playing on one leg, so he wanted to toy with the rest of the league and lure them into thinking he was getting old and couldn't hit the bank shot or elevate anymore due to the PF injury... only to turn it right around on them (and us) and bam go straight into God mode and start dominating midway through the Kings series. If he keeps this up - oh man.

timvp
05-11-2006, 02:55 AM
I tried to tell you guys Tim just had Robert Horry-itis but no one would ...

Believe.

doldrums
05-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Lose 1 game and everybody goes crazy. Man are you guys wimps. Last year it was Tony, this year MAnu. I'll tell you what, trade them both to a team in a city where fans respect the good players and don't throw them to the wolves after a couple of losses, ingrates.

AFE7FATMAN
05-11-2006, 05:51 AM

I have no problem letting Nazr or Van Exel go.

add the following
Marks
Rasho
Beno
Oberto
Horry (just getting to old)

and from the staff
Pop
Budenholzer
Newman
Brown
Brungardt

Keep Sevening and Bergamn at least they are trying to hold :lol guys together.

and Sam needs to get to Traveling to fill all the open slots.
Tell td to play center and build the team around TP

It is OVER in SEVEN...

Hook Dem
05-11-2006, 06:55 AM
No wonder why Mouse has such a fun time in here. Are you guys reading what you are posting? Trade Manu???? Get serious!!!! No matter what you want, Manu will come around when he is ready and nothing you say will change that! The bad part of being a Spurs fan is being associated with some of you. At least some of the Mavs fans understand that!!!!! :flipoff

abelle23
05-11-2006, 10:34 AM
iam upset with manu coz he should be dominating this time of the season...but its not enoung reason to trade him...

you look back at what hes done for the team and i know he still got the fire that he has last year and i know hell come around...

ducks
05-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Get the Rockets on the phone.

Is Derek Anderson available?

manu now >da

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-11-2006, 10:44 AM
manu now >da

Manu @ 5 years old > Derek Anderson

Derek Anderson < HITA

SAGambler
05-11-2006, 12:16 PM

Yeah, and it usually also happens to Tony, Tim, Barry, Beno, and especially Nazr.You might want to notice sometimes it usually happens at least once a game to players on the opposing team also....

You also might want to notice that normally, Manu will make up for it by making some incredible steal going the other way.

Yeah, he's a bit beat up...And not making excuses, but that will slow anyone down...

But give me his desire and his energy any day of the week.....

No way does Manu get traded....

Mr. Peabody
05-11-2006, 01:05 PM
No way does Manu get traded....

I agree. Who would take on a broken down shooting guard with four years remaining on his contract?

Get Isiah on the phone.

Is Malik available?

WalterBenitez
05-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Lakers fans asked for him, but to be honest NUGGETS would be a good place for an old MANU :D

pache100
05-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Manu is not hurt, he has a mental block.

Dr. Ponky?

WalterBenitez
05-11-2006, 01:24 PM
You are so cool.
I will add my prayers to yours. :)

Manu needs sth more than candles and prayers ... he needs rest and good games.

FoxMulder
05-11-2006, 01:53 PM
If Manu is the only reason because the Spurs play bad then trade him at the end of the season as quickly as possible.

If the answer is no... then make some adjustments to the team.

Finley is playing well?
Rasho is playing well?
Nazr is playing well?
Brent is playing well?
NVX is playing well?

the only one who can be proud about his game are
Bruce Lee Bowen
Tony Parker
and Tim Duncan (but only in this series)

and 1 step behind

Manu and Horry

Who made more than 10 pts per game?

Last year all of you blame Tpark for playing bad in crunch time.
This time is Manu.

Who will be next?

FoxMulder
05-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Oh and I wi'll love to see Manu in Purple and Yelow

:smokin

strangeweather
05-11-2006, 01:56 PM

Maybe he just can't handle the minutes, and need to play fewer next year.

This might be the real problem, especially with all he does in the offseason -- remember how much better Yao looked for a while this year with some rest last summer? For that matter, remember what Horry looked like in 2003 for the Lakers when they let him get beat up for 35 min. a game at PF all year? He was dead to the world by the time the playoffs came around.

Personally, I would be happy next year with 20 minutes a game of the real Manu as 6th man, if the alternative is 30+ minutes of the guy we've been seeing most of the time recently.

For now, of course, that's not an option. So all we can do is hope he gets right again.

DarkReign
05-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I have to agree. Manu might be better suited coming off the bench.

Spurs#20
05-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Have you seen how they don't run any plays for Manu, except for that same one were he gets the ball at the top and then goes for a layup, they need to give him better opportunities, Every team knows that same play already. The Spurs need to start passing the ball more. It looks as if they were just doing the same plays all the time: Tony going for a layup, Manu for a layup, and then just giving the ball to Duncan, they need better ball movement.

orhe
05-11-2006, 09:58 PM
spurs offense ain't that creative sorry

ducks
05-11-2006, 10:03 PM
manu was scoring without that many plays running for him
now he has that excuse that he is sucking?
he was performing before with just a few plays for him why not now?

Spurs#20
05-12-2006, 01:28 AM
I think one can clearly see how tony parker is always controlling almost every play this year. Last year, had the ball a lot more time. For this reason he is not able to get in a rythm and score as much

MikeSchafer
05-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Maggette for Ginobili....DO IT! :) .....this is a a joke by the way. it would be a dream if this happened.

Louie Vega
05-12-2006, 02:09 AM
Cuz there outta be one.

Dude you are talking like a Mavs fan. Have some faith in your team dude.

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Dude you are talking like a Mavs fan. Have some faith in your team dude.
no hes talking like a fan whos pissed one of his teams best players is playing like garbage. that has nothing to do with faith. hes not a homer like some of the fans on this board who think the spurs are the best thing since sliced bread. im not saying your a homer im just talking about others that post here.

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Maggette for Ginobili....DO IT! :) .....this is a a joke by the way. it would be a dream if this happened.
i dont know. i think i would rather have maggette.

Louie Vega
05-12-2006, 03:46 AM
i dont know. i think i would rather have maggette.

I would have to stick with Manu. He has been clutch in very big games. And he has a couple of rings to prove it. That is what pisses me off. How easily people forget these things. And if being a homer means being loyal and having faith in your team when times are tough then I am all homer.

carina_gino20
05-12-2006, 04:37 AM
i can't even of think of manu wearing another NBA uniform other than a Spurs one. right now, he's really not bring IT to the table. But though others believe we can't always take account of what he's done in the past, I just look at what he's accomplished so far and think it is a big mistake to let go of someone like Manu.

Needless to say, he needs to show up in Game 3 and every game henceforth.

nexsim
05-12-2006, 07:16 AM

That would be a nice trade. Spurs will get a young player, and maybe Manu could help LAC better next year. Parker is becoming a Superstar, who will need the ball a lot, and shot even more the next years, so maybe trading Manu will make Parker a better player.

rascy13
05-12-2006, 08:26 AM
You guys gotta be crazy if you wanna trade Manu. Nobody has a great game all the time. Not even Tim. Give him time to get back in hid game, until then, Duncan and Parker can step up and play better for him. He's not the only one on the team that's not playing the greatest. Don't dump him yet.

Oh, Gee!!
05-12-2006, 08:32 AM
I never said we should trade Manu, only that we should have a forum in which to discuss the idea.

abelle23
05-12-2006, 10:01 AM
That would be a nice trade. Spurs will get a young player, and maybe Manu could help LAC better next year. Parker is becoming a Superstar, who will need the ball a lot, and shot even more the next years, so maybe trading Manu will make Parker a better player.

isnt he gatteing a lot of the ball already ???

Spurs#20
05-13-2006, 11:05 PM
................So that you can loose by 20

WalterBenitez
05-13-2006, 11:07 PM
George Karl could get him ... and try to understand him

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't trade Manu. He just needs to be confident. He's an amazing player and one of my favorite and I only hope he bounces back. I really do.

Mr. Peabody
05-13-2006, 11:16 PM
How many times has he had the ball at the top of the key at the end of a quarter/game only to drive the lane and get the ball stripped. It must happen at least once a game. The guy just doesn't have it right now.

Yeah, and it usually also happens to Tony, Tim, Barry, Beno, and especially Nazr.You might want to notice sometimes it usually happens at least once a game to players on the opposing team also....

You also might want to notice that normally, Manu will make up for it by making some incredible steal going the other way.

Did I call it or did I call it...?

Two games on the line and Manu with the ball.
Two possessions without even a shot at the basket.
Two losses.

Sportman
05-13-2006, 11:24 PM
This topic makes me laugh at all the stupid fans you can find, well if you can name them as FANS?? :rolleyes

v2freak
05-13-2006, 11:25 PM
I haven't seen the game yet but if it's true I would like Pop to give Barry or Finley the ball from now on in the waning moments of the game

Ginofan
05-13-2006, 11:27 PM
I haven't seen the game yet but if it's true I would like Pop to give Barry or Finley the ball from now on in the waning moments of the game

You're a fucking idiot.

v2freak
05-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Do you think perhaps that your homeristic attitude and emotions are keeping you from thinking straight?

Mr. Peabody
05-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Do you think perhaps that your homeristic attitude and emotions are keeping you from thinking straight?

You can't criticize Manu or you're not a true fan. Never mind the fact that he has had the ball in his hands twice in these playoffs with a chance to get the victory and both times he turned the ball over, not even getting a shot off.

spurschick
05-13-2006, 11:33 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

I second that.

v2freak
05-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks spurschick.

T-Pain
05-13-2006, 11:38 PM
noo!!! dont trade Manu!!! do you realize what will happen when Spurs fans find out we traded Manu?? there will be a riot!!!

I wouldnt trade Manu, he picked up as much of the slack as he could when Duncan fouled out. As much as I love Nazr, I think hes become a weak link and we should sign and trade him. poor guy cant catch the ball, however, if Pop plans to keep him, I would work on his ball catching skills in the offseason.

Sportman
05-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I second that.

I say the same, even more if you are criticizing somebody and you dont even watch the game, thatīs not from a real spurs fans.

v2freak
05-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Wow...some people are getting way too defensive here. I said if it's true, then I would prefer to give the ball to Barry or Finley.

Are Barry and Finley such bad balll-handlers that it's an insult to want them to handle the ball with the game on the line?

But maybe because I don't want Manu handling the ball when the game is close means I am a Manu hater. I must also be a Tim hater too, because I don't want him shooting FTs when the game is close.

Like I said, I don't know if it's true. I haven't seen the game, as one astute "sportman" already pointed out. I will reserve sure judgement until tomorrow when I watch the game, until then everyone just sit down and have a nice Valium

Mr. Peabody
05-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow...some people are getting way too defensive here. I said if it's true, then I would prefer to give the ball to Barry or Finley.

Are Barry and Finley such bad balll-handlers that it's an insult to want them to handle the ball with the game on the line?

Like I said, I don't know if it's true. I haven't seen the game, as one astute "sportman" already pointed out. I will reserve sure judgement until tomorrow when I watch the game, until then everyone just sit down and have a nice Valium

Notice nobody is claiming that he didn't turn it over twice in the clutch....

v2freak
05-13-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm noticing...

Sportman
05-13-2006, 11:49 PM
I will reserve sure judgement

Well friend you are not saying that, actually you said barry or finley should take the ball, so you are doing a judgement from something you didnt watch, so i would say you should have a nice valium, :rolleyes

v2freak
05-13-2006, 11:51 PM

Conversely:

If it is not true, then I would not want Pop to give Barry or Finley the ball from now on.

You must have thought I said:

GOD DAMNIT. GINOBILI ALWAYS TURNS THE BALL OVER. POP, GIVE THE BALL TO BARRY AND/OR FINLEY, BUT NOT TO THE HUMAN TURNOVER. FUCK YOU ALL, IDIOTS

Mr. Peabody
05-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Well friend you are not saying that, actually you said barry or finley should take the ball, so you are doing a judgement from something you didnt watch, so i would say you should have a nice valium, :rolleyes

I saw both games.

Barry or Finley should have the ball.

v2freak
05-13-2006, 11:54 PM
In any event, I'm inclined to listen to Mr Peabody rather than the rest of you guys, who feel you must curse and yell to get your point across. People haven't been known to think straight while extremely emotional.

Oh, Gee!!
05-23-2006, 10:04 AM
bump

carina_gino20
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
oh please...after all the heart he showed in this series? grow up

smeagol
05-23-2006, 10:58 AM
I think the ball should be in Nazr's hands :rolleyes

Moron.

Oh, Gee!!
05-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Rudy showed plenty of heart, should he have started for Notre Dame?

Trifecta
05-23-2006, 11:42 AM
All this trade talk about MANU -- Nonsense, hogwash, INSANITY!!!!

MANU can create off of the dribble unlike Barry and Finley!

Also MANU is not AFRAID to pull the trigger on a shot!

He's a keeper!

doldrums
05-23-2006, 11:45 AM
bump

The fact that he has to bump this to get attention is lame.

WalterBenitez
05-23-2006, 12:26 PM
For obvious reason I don't want to trade Manu, but ...

1) Who could we get if we offer Manu?
2) The one we receive will be better than Manu?

PS: Without Manu this season would have been over for while

smeagol
05-23-2006, 12:41 PM
To trade Manu would be a stupid move.

Mr. Peabody
05-23-2006, 01:48 PM

It's too bad he didn't show brains.

mertz
05-23-2006, 01:51 PM
bring back d-rob! twin towers wooooo.

Mr. Peabody
05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
The fact that he has to bump this to get attention is lame.

The fact that this thread is still around speaks volumes.