rasho8
05-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Trailblazers in... well.. not in the playoffs... heh

Oh, Gee!!
05-10-2006, 12:16 PM
maybe in 7, but not 5.

JohnMcClane
05-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I think it's going to be a 5 game sweep.. considering we should have won game 1.

I think game 1 was a gift from the refs because of that scheduling fiasco and all the whining.

Spurologist
05-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Might happen.

You think there might be reason why your tv doesn't show shit.

NoMoneyDown
05-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I think it's going to be a 5 game sweep.. considering we should have won game 1.

I think game 1 was a gift from the refs because of that scheduling fiasco and all the whining.
:rolleyes

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 12:23 PM

Really? You think the refs gave you game 1?

And who was whining (besides the media and Rick Adleman). No Spur was whining. Pop wasn't whining (unlike AJ and MC after the first game...)

But I'm glad Mav fans are so optimistic. It will be even sweeter when Spurs win in 6.

JohnMcClane
05-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Pop was reverse whining.. that "we don't make excuses" thing is covert whining.. Avery did some whining too. I won't deny that. And he did it the same way.

But with us the whining does no good. It won't change Bowen fouling the heck out of Dirk everytime he touches the ball. But it did make a difference for the champion Spurs. They gave Duncan every call he wanted.

DarrinS
05-10-2006, 12:39 PM
You're joking, right?

It cracks me up that Mavs fan is getting overly excited about this win.

Other than Tim, the entire team played like crap. Some of that is due to slightly improved "D" by the Mavs, but most of it is just poor shooting. As a long-time Spurs fan, I know that they can go through some "dry spells" when it comes to jump shots.

Also, Tony and Manu are limping all over the place. Inuries are not an excuse, but did you see what happened when Ron Artest got hurt?

If (and that's a BIG if) the Mavs do win the series, AND they manage to get to the finals, they would get absolutely destroyed by the Pistons.

Anyway, enjoy the series.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 12:41 PM
You're joking, right?

Other than Tim, the entire team played like crap. Some of that is due to slightly improved "D" by the Mavs, but most of it is just poor shooting. As a long-time Spurs fan, I know that they can go through some "dry spells" when it comes to jump shots.

Also, Tony and Manu are limping all over the place. Inuries are not an excuse, but did you see what happened when Ron Artest got hurt?

If (and that's a BIG if) the Mavs do win the series, AND they manage to get to the finals, they would get absolutely destroyed by the Pistons.

I dont forsee SA playing a similar game the rest of these playoffs. This one I think, hurt too much. As bad as you fans feel, think about the players and coaches.

A half-ass effort against a formidable opponent = 20 point blowout nine out of 10 times.

Or, in Detroits case, turning a 20 point blowout into a 6 point squeaker. Either way, gotta keep your foot on the gas, no matter what happens.

JohnMcClane
05-10-2006, 12:44 PM
The Spurs lost the championship by going 6 against the Kings.. there's no way they make it through the entire playoffs now. I said in the Grizz series our entire playoff run was riding on how quickly we could get through that series. And I said the same of the Spurs.....

DarrinS
05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
The Spurs lost the championship by going 6 against the Kings.. there's no way they make it through the entire playoffs now. I said in the Grizz series our entire playoff run was riding on how quickly we could get through that series. And I said the same of the Spurs.....

The Spurs will be fine. They have the rest of the week to rest and get patched up.

I'll have to be honest, as a Spurs fan, I was much more worried about the Kings than the Mavs.

mabber
05-10-2006, 12:47 PM
It will be very difficult for either Dallas or San Antonio to beat Detroit in the finals assuming the Pistons stay healthy IMO.

DarrinS
05-10-2006, 12:48 PM
It will be very difficult for either Dallas or San Antonio to beat Detroit in the finals assuming the Pistons stay healthy IMO.

I'd have to agree with that.

NoMoneyDown
05-10-2006, 12:49 PM

I agree. They look like a team possessed right now. I almost feel that they are downright bored playing these last two teams.

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 12:51 PM

Bwa-ha-ha.

That's funny.

It had nothing to do with how long the series lasted (although I concede having a week off would have helped the Spurs). I think it was playing 3 playoff games in 5 days. Even Stern admits he screwed up the schedule.

I'd see how the Spurs do on Saturday before saying stuff like "no way they make it through the entire playoffs now."

Besides, do you guys think you can beat the Pistons?!? Hell, I'm scared of the Pistons, and we beat them last year. I don't see how the Mavs are going to do it. So if the Mavs beat the Spurs, you might as well give the Championship to the Pistons now!

mabber
05-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I'll have to be honest, as a Spurs fan, I was much more worried about the Kings than the Mavs.

I never did quite understand that about a lot of the Spurs fans. And yes, I understand the matchup problems that Artest & Wells presented but in the end the Mavs are a much better overall team than the Kings. I guess it's just hard to believe that this is just not the same old Mavs unless you've watched them all year. Mavs have a great opportunity this season but I think they will have their best chance to win it all next year.

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I never did quite understand that about a lot of the Spurs fans. And yes, I understand the matchup problems that Artest & Wells presented but in the end the Mavs are a much better overall team than the Kings. I guess it's just hard to believe that this is just not the same old Mavs unless you've watched them all year. Mavs have a great opportunity this season but I think they will have their best chance to win it all next year.

So, how many games do you think it would take the Mavs to beat the Kings? You think you could sweep them like the Grizz?

I can't see a Mavs/Kings showdown ending before 7.

JohnMcClane
05-10-2006, 01:03 PM
The Kings would be a more problematic matchup for the Mavs than the Spurs because they are so good offensively. The Mavs struggle defensively so offensive teams are a bad matchup for us. But because defnese is the Spurs strength.. and the Mavs are so unstoppable offensively... they are a more favorable matchup for us. Bbecause as great as your D is, our O beats any D. And that is because of Dirk. He is indefensible... at least without completely compromising your defense.. like you have.

Besides, do you guys think you can beat the Pistons?!? Hell, I'm scared of the Pistons, and we beat them last year. I don't see how the Mavs are going to do it. So if the Mavs beat the Spurs, you might as well give the Championship to the Pistons now!

I think we me matchup well with the Pistons also. Again.. their strength is D.. and our O is indefensible because of Dirk. We also have a superstar which the Pistons don't have. We would have a good chance. At least a better chance than anyone else. The only problem would be homecourt. But look at the Pistons.. they almost overcame that hurdle last season.

I also think the Pistons are somehwat vulnerable because they don't focus on D as much.

Sasha
05-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Might happen.

You wish. :lol

Sasha
05-10-2006, 01:06 PM

Whatever. :rolleyes

rr2418
05-10-2006, 01:08 PM
One thing that's in favor of the Spurs is that they are a veteran team. They won't or shouldn't panic at this stage. Dallas made the adjustment, so now it's the Spurs turn to do the same. Dallas, you could see that they have that swagger and are very confident. All that can backfire though, they might forget to play the tough defense, and might think all they need to do is play fastbreak ball. The Spurs will probably slow the game down and destroy Dallas with their inside-outside offense.

NoMoneyDown
05-10-2006, 01:08 PM
I think we me matchup well with the Pistons also. Again.. their strength is D.. and our O is indefensible because of Dirk. We also have a superstar which the Pistons don't have. We would have a good chance. At least a better chance than anyone else. The only problem would be homecourt. But look at the Pistons.. they almost overcame that hurdle last season.

I also think the Pistons are somehwat vulnerable because they don't focus on D as much.

You do know that Detroit is second only to PHX in offensive PPG in the PO's, don't you? That's what makes them so damn scary this year ... Offense on top of their talented defense.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Might happen.

I'll bet you $50 that it doesn't happen.

Bet or shutup.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 01:10 PM
The Kings would be a more problematic matchup for the Mavs than the Spurs because they are so good offensively. The Mavs struggle defensively so offensive teams are a bad matchup for us. But because defnese is the Spurs strength.. and the Mavs are so unstoppable offensively... they are a more favorable matchup for us. Bbecause as great as your D is, our O beats any D. And that is because of Dirk. He is indefensible... at least without completely compromising your defense.. like you have.

Why dont you go tell Bowen how unstoppable Dirk is. 20 point outings isnt "unstoppable". Thats average at best.

Another thing, remember the second half of the first game? Thats lockdown defense, something you didnt see in the 2nd game. How unstoppable was your offense then?

And for Christs sake, admit when the other team plays well.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 01:10 PM
screw that, mavs in 4!

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 01:12 PM

OK, thanks, now I know you have no idea what you're talking about.

Dirk is indefensible? He's a great player, but Bruce Bowen shut him down in Game 1! Detroit plays no D?!? Detroit is the best defensive team in the NBA!

Sure, Dirk's outside shooting could cause some problems for Detroit, but nothing to lose in 7 games to. Remember: this is the team that defeated the 2004 Lakers and took the 2005 Champion Spurs to a tied 4th quarter in Game 7 of the Finals! And this year, they have homecourt!

Don't discount the Pistons, homer.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Don't discount the Pistons, homer.

Dont underestimate the Spurs, either. I still think SA in 6. The only way Mavs win is in 7, if they even do.

This game 2 was a throw-out game. They happen and the Mavs are a superior team that will make you pay for this lapse. But they are the Mavs. A team thats never won anything and will have to pay their dues just like everyone else.

tlongII
05-10-2006, 01:37 PM

Bet or shutup.

I'll bet you $50 that the Mavs win this series.

JohnMcClane
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
You do know that Detroit is second only to PHX in offensive PPG in the PO's, don't you? That's what makes them so damn scary this year ... Offense on top of their talented defense.

Yes.. but they are facing Eastern conference teams. The East is a joke.

Why dont you go tell Bowen how unstoppable Dirk is. 20 point outings isnt "unstoppable". Thats average at best.

Well.. i said he was stoppable if you completely compromise your defense.

The only reaosn Bowen can guard Dirk is because he has attatched himself to Dirk's rear.. but Bowen couldn't do that without a couple Spurs wating for Dirk in the paint or coming at Dirk from the perimeter.. Dirk would just spin away form hima nd go right to the basket. But your agressive double teams on Dirk allow all our other players to get off offensively. Dirk completely compromises your D. So again.. Bowen couldn't guard Dirk one on one if his life depended on it.

Another thing, remember the second half of the first game? Thats lockdown defense, something you didnt see in the 2nd game. How unstoppable was your offense then?

That was a case of Avery trying to play D like your team.. Avery gets a little carried awya some times. And I did say you were a great defensive team. You guys are just banged up though. I mean come on.. you've won 3 championships in recent years. You are bound to have a down time sometime.. Nows the time. There's no shame in that. It's amazing you are still palying as well as you are considering everything.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 01:39 PM
I'll bet you $50 that the Mavs win this series.

Okay.

tlongII
05-10-2006, 01:41 PM
The Spurs are just too banged up. Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan are all hobbled and they are going against a team led by a coach with a great deal of knowledge on how to beat them. If healthy, San Antonio would win, but that ain't the case.

tlongII
05-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Okay.

We are on.

tlongII
05-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Now that I actually care who wins this thing I hope it doesn't screw it up.

MoSpur
05-10-2006, 01:44 PM
OOO. Tlong is going down. The Spurs just had a bad night. That is all. They played like crap. It will probably happen again once more in this series, but that is it. They will win in six or seven.

J.T.
05-10-2006, 01:44 PM
If the Mavs win this series in 5 I will buy every legal aged member on this forum a lapdance or male stripper depending what they want.

JohnMcClane
05-10-2006, 01:45 PM

Yes.. but they are facing Eastern conference teams. The East is a joke.

Well.. i said he was stoppable if you completely compromise your defense.

The only reaosn Bowen can guard Dirk is because he has attatched himself to Dirk's rear.. but Bowen couldn't do that without a couple Spurs wating for Dirk in the paint or coming at Dirk from the perimeter.. Dirk would just spin away form hima nd go right to the basket. But your agressive double teams on Dirk allow all our other players to get off offensively. Dirk completely compromises your D. So again.. Bowen couldn't guard Dirk one on one if his life depended on it.

That was a case of Avery trying to play D like your team.. Avery gets a little carried awya some times. And I did say you were a great defensive team. You guys are just banged up though. I mean come on.. you've won 3 championships in recent years. You are bound to have a down time sometime.. Nows the time. There's no shame in that. It's amazing you are still palying as well as you are considering everything.

NoMoneyDown
05-10-2006, 01:52 PM
[b]Yes.. but they are facing Eastern conference teams. The East is a joke.

I certainly hope you continue to think like this ... I really do (that is, IF you can get by the Spurs and the PHX/LAC winner).

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 01:54 PM
I was never trying to bring Detroit into this discussion because last time I checked the Mavs are playing the Spurs.

Pistons went a combined 5-1 against Phx, Dal and SA.

East sucks, but the gap between the Pistons and the rest is gigantic.

JohnMcClane
05-10-2006, 01:58 PM
The Pistons have it so easy though. Of course they have energy for WC teams. It is like playing in the WNBA in the EC. Then look at their playoff runs... they have the cushiest playoff runs ever. The Mavs have faced teams that would get to the ECF in their past 3 first round palyoff matchups. All of this helps the Pistons throughout the season.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 02:00 PM
The Pistons have it so easy though. Of course they have energy for WC teams. It is like playing in the WNBA in the EC. Then look at their playoff runs... they have the cushiest playoff runs ever. The Mavs have faced teams that would get to the ECF in their past 3 first round palyoff matchups. All of this helps the Pistons throughout the season.

Enough. Youre reaching.

JamStone, get in here and flood this newb with facts. I have neither the time or the patience.

tlongII
05-10-2006, 02:00 PM

Are you saying the Memphis Grizzlies would make it to the ECF? Don't make me laugh!

J.T.
05-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Are you saying the Memphis Grizzlies would make it to the ECF? Don't make me laugh!

The could certainly beat the Bucks and Lebron.

tlongII
05-10-2006, 02:04 PM
The could certainly beat the Bucks and Lebron.

But not Miami, New Jersey, or Detroit.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 02:06 PM

Shhhhhh! Don't tell other teams. They still think Detroit is all about defense. It's more fun to see teams get completely shocked when the Pistons score 120 points on them and still hold them to like 90 pts.

They're like, "what just happened?!?!"

leemajors
05-10-2006, 02:08 PM
detroit should have a tighter series in the ECF. you can't diss them just because they are in the east, that's ridiculous. they play at a high level almost every night.

NoMoneyDown
05-10-2006, 02:09 PM

While I agree the West has more formidable opponents overall, you simply cannot underestimate the Detroit Pistons this year. Have you even seen them play in these PO's yet? They are literally TOYING with these teams. They could have spanked Lebron's Cavs for 50+ points in these last two games if they wanted. I actually think they are downright BORED with their competition right now. And if you think the Mavs (or, the Spurs, for that matter) would have a Sunday stroll in the park against them, you are simply a delusional wannabe fan.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I was never trying to bring Detroit into this discussion because last time I checked the Mavs are playing the Spurs.

Pistons went a combined 5-1 against Phx, Dal and SA.

East sucks, but the gap between the Pistons and the rest is gigantic.

True, that 1 loss was a blowout in Dallas, Damn that game in Detroit sucked ass, just couldn't get that lineup going.

Who was playing that game?

JamStone
05-10-2006, 02:16 PM
All you need to reference when claiming how easy the Pistons have had it all season long is their record against the Western Conference, which was 25-5. That includes being 9-1 against the top five Western Conference teams, record-wise (San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, Memphis, and the LA Clippers).

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Man, I kind of want the Mavs to win, just to see how bad the Pistons spank them. :lol

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Spurs would beat the pants off the pissed-ons, who also got 40+ fta's last night, compared to the cavs 20 or so

Quit embaressing yourself.

Until the Spurs beat the mavs, we have no business talking smack.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Man, I kind of want the Mavs to win, just to see how bad the Pistons spank them. :lol

Oh you mean like how the Mavs stomped them?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=251119006

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 02:37 PM
All you need to reference when claiming how easy the Pistons have had it all season long is their record against the Western Conference, which was 25-5. That includes being 9-1 against the top five Western Conference teams, record-wise (San Antonio, Dallas, Phoenix, Memphis, and the LA Clippers).

Damn!! I wish to hell we could have that game in Detroit now! We had to start Rawle Marshall, a guy who's played like 10 games in the NBA. We were without, Harris, Howard, and Griffin and we only lost by 7!

DAMN!!! Just couldn't get it done in the final minute or so.

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Besides, do you guys think you can beat the Pistons?!? Hell, I'm scared of the Pistons, and we beat them last year.
And beating them in the reagular season...where did that get you hmmm? :rolleyes
The Kings beat us 2-1 in the reagular season this year look what happen.
Last year we swept those same Grizzlies you just swept after they had beaten us during the regular season (3-1 I think).

Your scared of the Pistons/and possibly other teams? That is why you lose when it counts.
In order to be successful you must respect your opponent not fear them.

The Mavs "d" has improved but it is still not nearly as good as the Spurs or Pistons "D"...notice I capitalized Pistons/Spurs' "d" and not the Mavs' because it is not yet on that level.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
And beating them in the reagular season...where did that get you hmmm? :rolleyes
The Kings beat up 2-1 in the reagular season this year look what happen.
Last year we swept those same Grizzlies you just swept after they had beaten us during the regular season (3-1 I think).

Your scared of them? That is why you lose when it counts.

The Mavs "d" has improved but it is still not nearly as good as the Spurs or Pistons "D"...notice I capitalized Pistons/Spurs' "d" and not the Mavs' because it is not yet on that level.

The Mavs D is not at that level? Care to substanciate that statment? Have any evidence to back up that claim?

Defense is a team effort and thus far our perimeter defense looks a whole lot better than the Spurs, don't forget that rebounding is part of defense and I think the Mavs have an edge there as well. Even Pop said the Mavs defense was stellar........

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Mavtek, I hope you enjoy your brief stay on this board.

Your team is not getting past SA, so keep gloating about you regular season moral victories.

If you do beat SA....bring it on.

pache100
05-10-2006, 02:48 PM

:lmao :madrun

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 02:53 PM

This proves you are a Mavs fan.

Regular season means shit.

Maybe one year, you'll make it far enough in the playoffs to realize that. :rolleyes

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Get back to me at the end of the series to back your "d" up. Just because the Mavs are playing better "d" SO FAR. The Spurs and Pistons have been playing great "D" all year and the last couple of years.

Even Pop said the Mavs defense was stellar........
That was after one game. Let us see how the series goes B4 you hype up your "vaunted" "d". We have a track record of championship "D", the Mavs are just learning, they are on the right track but not there yet. Basing great "d" over 1-2 games is going to make for a big letdown for you and other Mavs fans IMHO.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Mavtek, I hope you enjoy your brief stay on this board.

Your team is not getting past SA, so keep gloating about you regular season moral victories.

If you do beat SA....bring it on.

Gloating? Your the own over here saying Detroit was 9 and 1 biatches!

I was merely pointing out that the 1 came from Dallas, and if Dallas was healthy your little stat would be 8 and 2.

Gloating sounds like fun I think I will do that!

That earlier in the season blowout in Dallas wasn't the only one in recent memory how about some more!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250328008

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=221109006
114-75 That was a fun one!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=221127008

You see that's gloating.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 03:00 PM
This proves you are a Mavs fan.

Regular season means shit.

Maybe one year, you'll make it far enough in the playoffs to realize that. :rolleyes

I don't disagree, must I be the one to point out that it wasn't me who posted regular season records.

MadDog73
05-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Gloating? [pointless regular season games]

You see that's gloating.

You still don't get it, do you?

I don't disagree, must I be the one to point out that it wasn't me who posted regular season records.

Uh, that was in defense of a baseless accusation that the Pistons only have a good record because they're in the East. The 9-1 record against top Western teams is impressive - that the only loss was against Dallas is not.

So Dallas can beat Detroit for one game. In a seven game series, without Homecourt, how far do you honestly expect the Mavs could go?

I'd say 6 max.

EDIT: If Dallas is so good, how come they don't have the best record? (not that it matters, I'd rather be 4th anyway...)

tlongII
05-10-2006, 03:05 PM
I find it humorous to see Pistons fans are still predicting that the Spurs will win this series. The fact of the matter is that they want revenge against the Spurs. They know that a victory in the Finals against any other opponent won't be as satisfying. That is the only reason that they keep propping the Spurs.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Im not defending against the likes of you anymore. You said the EC was a cakewalk and that it was the only reason the Pistons did [insert some random accomplishment here].

So, I cited how they achieved aforementioned accomplishment.

Im done with you. You win, if that makes you feel better.

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Yea....just see your post #55 in this thread.
:rolleyes

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 03:12 PM
I find it humorous to see Pistons fans are still predicting that the Spurs will win this series. The fact of the matter is that they want revenge against the Spurs. They know that a victory in the Finals against any other opponent won't be as satisfying. That is the only reason that they keep propping the Spurs.

Eh...maybe true for some Piston fans.

Even when the Pistons sucked, even when they were starting to learn how to win, even when they finally won, I always liked SA.

I always cheered for them to beat the fucking Fakers. Or the Nets. Or whomever they were playing in the Playoffs. I loved DRob and Sean Elliot even when they werent winning it all.

So, yeah, you definately have a point. I will admit this much...playing anyone else for the Championship besides San Antonio would be a huge letdown. I want a rematch, and I think I speak for any red-blooded Piston fan.

Win or lose, I want SA. If they win, it would SUCK, but I wouldnt cry about it. It would absolutely CEMENT the Spurs with the Lakers, Celtics, etc. No more debating.

But if the Pistons won, it would close the window on the Dynasty talk and possibly be a good start for a new one.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Im not defending against the likes of you anymore. You said the EC was a cakewalk and that it was the only reason the Pistons did [insert some random accomplishment here].

The truth hurts. The EC is a cakewalk. No legit teams other than Detroit. Miami used to be but not anymore.

pache100
05-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Dallas in 5?

Might happen.

Years? Maybe.

RON ARTEST
05-10-2006, 03:15 PM
The Kings beat us 2-1 in the reagular season this year look what happen.

Your scared of the Pistons/and possibly other teams? That is why you lose when it counts.

The Mavs "d" has improved but it is still not nearly as good as the Spurs or Pistons "D"...notice I capitalized Pistons/Spurs' "d" and not the Mavs' because it is not yet on that level.i hate to piss in your beer but the spurs beat the kings 3-1 in the regular season buddy. get your facts straight.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Nothing hurts, mavs fan #1000.

What was annoying was his posturing. Nothing more. Its a slipshod subjective argument.

I completely agree that the West is MUCH better than the East. But that has no bearing on what the Pistons accomplished.

Oh yeah, btw, we are all in the playoffs. Enough talk about the Mavs seas...I mean regular season.

RON ARTEST
05-10-2006, 03:16 PM
dallas in 8.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 03:17 PM

I didn't say that.......... You got me confused with someone else I guess. All I said was your loss came against Dallas.

RON ARTEST
05-10-2006, 03:17 PM
rick adelman sucks. :lol

rayray2k8
05-10-2006, 03:18 PM
1 loss against the spurs and they're considered done..
GREAT POST.. :tu

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 03:28 PM
i hate to piss in your beer but the spurs beat the kings 3-1 in the regular season buddy. get your facts straight.

Actually it was 2-1.....so we are both wrong.

Series preview (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2006042224)

leemajors
05-10-2006, 03:30 PM
But if the Pistons won, it would close the window on the Dynasty talk and possibly be a good start for a new one.

unless the spurs came back the next year and won again, then the whole silly argument would pop back up, and the spurs would have to repeat to prove themselves!

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 03:34 PM
People are freaking out for no good reason. Please understand that last year, with a healthy Manu and a healthy Tony we lost two playoff games to the Seattle Sonics, and they FLAT OUT SUCKED. Shit happens in the playoffs. We're never gonna sweep anybody, but we'll win four before the bad guys will.

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 03:35 PM
People are freaking out for no good reason. Please understand that last year, with a healthy Manu and a healthy Tony we lost two playoff games to the Seattle Sonics, and they FLAT OUT SUCKED. Shit happens in the playoffs. We're never gonna sweep anybody, but we'll win four before the bad guys will.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm glad a Trailblazer fan started this topic........

jmard5
05-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Can't the Mavs at least "try" winning this series first before they start gloating.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Gloating? Your the own over here saying Detroit was 9 and 1 biatches!

I was merely pointing out that the 1 came from Dallas, and if Dallas was healthy your little stat would be 8 and 2.

Gloating sounds like fun I think I will do that!

That earlier in the season blowout in Dallas wasn't the only one in recent memory how about some more!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250328008

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=221109006
114-75 That was a fun one!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=221127008

You see that's gloating.

I'm the one who brought up the fact that the Pistons were 9-1 against the top five WC teams. And, it was in response to the contention that the Pistons had it easy all season long playing against Eastern Conference teams. That's called "counter-argument" in the art of debate.

Dallas has had quite a few impressive victories against former Pistons teams, including a great blowout win against the current Pistons team this season. Congratulations on your team. I'm glad those blowout wins translated into multiple NBA championships ... oh wait ... translated into a lot of playoff success ... oh wait ... translated into the best record in the league ... oh wait ... what did those blowout wins translate into?

Say hello to my friend over here, Jack Squat.

You gloat over blowout wins over the Detroit Pistons because that's all you can hang your hat on. You gloat over blowout wins over the Detroit Pistons because the Detroit Pistons are former NBA Champions and proven winners. You gloat over blowout wins over the Detroit Pistons because of the inevitable and anxiety-filled realization that the Dallas Mavericks will once again fail in the playoffs. Welcome to Loserville.

"Rawle Marshall started! Wah wah wah! We didn't have Josh Howard or Adrian Griffin or Devin Harris or Keith Van Hoe! Wah wah wah!"

Talk to the fans of the Indiana Pacers or last year's Miami Heat or the New Jersey Nets. They can tell you how to whine and complain about injured players being the reason for failure. They have practied the art of "loser mentality" for several seasons now.

At least you have set yourself up for a myriad of excuses already when the Mavs eventually do lose. And, lose they will, just like the eventual fall of Rome, just like the Berlin Wall, just like Paris Hilton's panties on a Saturday night in Las Vegas. The Mavs will drop. The Mavs will be searching for answers. Mark Cuban will be writing blogs about how his fellatios on David Stern went all for naught.

And, once again, we will say, "Good night, Mavericks." Cry over your failures. Cry over letting go a two-time League MVP for nothing. Cry over not being able to beat the Spurs once again. Cry over never even being within sniffing distance of the Larry O'Brien trophy.

BUT, ALAS!

Revel in the four or five regular season blowout wins against the Detroit Pistons in the last four years. That is better than 15 minutes of fame on The Benefactor reality TV show.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 03:54 PM
:tu

A-Train
05-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Mav Fan already looking ahead to the Finals? Typical.

DarrinS
05-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Damn, JamStone, that was one helluva post.

:lol

RON ARTEST
05-10-2006, 04:03 PM

was that in the playoffs? i didnt think so.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm the one who brought up the fact that the Pistons were 9-1 against the top five WC teams. And, it was in response to the contention that the Pistons had it easy all season long playing against Eastern Conference teams. That's called "counter-argument" in the art of debate.

Dallas has had quite a few impressive victories against former Pistons teams, including a great blowout win against the current Pistons team this season. Congratulations on your team. I'm glad those blowout wins translated into multiple NBA championships ... oh wait ... translated into a lot of playoff success ... oh wait ... translated into the best record in the league ... oh wait ... what did those blowout wins translate into?

You gloat over blowout wins over the Detroit Pistons because that's all you can hang your hat on. You gloat over blowout wins over the Detroit Pistons because the Detroit Pistons are former NBA Champions and proven winners. You gloat over blowout wins over the Detroit Pistons because of the inevitable and anxiety-filled realization that the Dallas Mavericks will once again fail in the playoffs. Welcome to Loserville.

"Rawle Marshall started! Wah wah wah! We didn't have Josh Howard or Adrian Griffin or Devin Harris or Keith Van Hoe! Wah wah wah!"

Talk to the fans of the Indiana Pacers or last year's Miami Heat or the New Jersey Nets. They can tell you how to whine and complain about injured players being the reason for failure. They have practied the art of "loser mentality" for several seasons now.

At least you have set yourself up for a myriad of excuses already when the Mavs eventually do lose. And, lose they will, just like the eventual fall of Rome, just like the Berlin Wall, just like Paris Hilton's panties on a Saturday night in Las Vegas. The Mavs will drop. The Mavs will be searching for answers. Mark Cuban will be writing blogs about how his fellatios on David Stern went all for naught.

And, once again, we will say, "Good night, Mavericks." Cry over your failures. Cry over letting go a two-time League MVP for nothing. Cry over not being able to beat the Spurs once again. Cry over never even being within sniffing distance of the Larry O'Brien trophy.

BUT, ALAS!

Revel in the four or five regular season blowout wins against the Detroit Pistons in the last four years. That is better than 15 minutes of fame on The Benefactor reality TV show.

Back to reality. Dallas stole home court from San Antonio. I don't usually have any dislike toward the Pistons but this post makes me want to start hating on them. I will enjoy the Pistons going down whether it is by Mavs or Spurs. It will happen because Detroit doesn't play defense because of that softy coach of theirs.

DarrinS
05-10-2006, 04:12 PM
It will happen because Detroit doesn't play defense because of that softy coach of theirs.

Huh? WTF??

efrem1
05-10-2006, 04:14 PM

your statement is negated by the three-day layoff between games 2 and 3.

Nice Try. :smokin

Jimcs50
05-10-2006, 04:17 PM

Bet or shutup.

I bet he shuts up.

:)

tlongII
05-10-2006, 04:18 PM
I bet he shuts up.

:)

Read the rest of the thread.

LB7
05-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Why does everyone think that the Pistons would KILL the Mavs. Not saying they will beat the Spurs cuz this series has a long way to go, but just a question.

cheguevara
Detroit doesn't play defense

very insightful

Jimcs50
Read the rest of the thread.

You did not bet that they win in 5 games...hence the shut up part.

cheguevara
05-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Why does everyone think that the Pistons would KILL the Mavs. Not saying they will beat the Spurs cuz this series has a long way to go, but just a question.

Pistons would not KILL the Mavs. There is no evidence for that. Let's face it, Mavs have a good chance to win it all if they get past the Spurs. Which they wont

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 04:20 PM
very insightful
Just as insightful as _allas. Anyways the Bucks showed how you can score against the Pistons. They just couldn't make any stops.

himat
05-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Pistons would not KILL the Mavs. There is no evidence for that. Let's face it, Mavs have a good chance to win it all if they get past the Spurs. Which they wont
Yes they would.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Yes they would.
The Pistons don't have anyone to guard Dirk or Howard. At least San Antonio has an answer for Dirk.

cheguevara
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Yes they would.

what makes u say that?

mabber
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM

BUT, ALAS!

FUNNY post :lol

leemajors
05-10-2006, 04:24 PM
The Pistons don't have anyone to guard Dirk or Howard. At least San Antonio has an answer for Dirk.

wallace^2, prince? they are certainly capable.

mabber
05-10-2006, 04:27 PM

Sorry to dispute you fellow-Mav-fan but this is an ignorant statement. Prince can hang with Howard and Sheed has always done a purdy good job on Dirk. Mavs would have to win from their depth to stand a chance vs. Detroit.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Just as insightful as _allas. Anyways the Bucks showed how you can score against the Pistons. They just couldn't make any stops.

Bore the Pistons to death be being so vastly inferior that the Pistons don't even respect your team enough to show up for game 3 of the playoffs after kicking their asses in the first two games?

Good strategy.

cheguevara
05-10-2006, 04:30 PM
WTF are some of these Piston fans on??? Just because they are destroing weak east teams they think they gonna Kill in the finals???? fucking delusional

The team coming out of the west will be more than capable of giving the Pistons a good fight.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM

In the last meeting, Dirk was 9-23 against the Pistons with four turnovers, and he got his shot tossed twice, once by Ben Wallace, another time by Tayshaun Prince.

Does Dirk generally shoot 39% from the field?

Josh Howard will definitely be a tough cover for the Pistons. Tayshaun has done well against players like Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, and Dwyane Wade. He doesn't always stop them, but he does as well as most perimeter defenders. But, he can't guard Howard? Something doesn't quite calculate.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Sorry to dispute you fellow-Mav-fan but this is an ignorant statement. Prince can hang with Howard and Sheed has always done a purdy good job on Dirk. Mavs would have to win from their depth to stand a chance vs. Detroit.
Prince has really struggled with Howard this year as well as most players. Rasheed is a great defender in the interior but guarding people on the perimeter is not his strength. The same goes for Horry and Duncan.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Howard only played in one of the two games between Dallas and Detroit, the blowout Dallas win. And, yes, Howard played very well against the Pistons that game. It was also the night after Tayshaun Prince spent 43 minutes shutting down Tracy McGrady in Houston. Back-to-back game. Howard was still great, but Prince was not at his freshest that game. None of the Pistons were as evidenced by the blowout in the first quarter.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 04:39 PM
WTF are some of these Piston fans on??? Just because they are destroing weak east teams they think they gonna Kill in the finals???? fucking delusional

The team coming out of the west will be more than capable of giving the Pistons a good fight.

Guess you don't appreciate a little smack talk unless it's pro-Spurs.

mabber
05-10-2006, 04:40 PM
In the last meeting, Dirk was 9-23 against the Pistons with four turnovers, and he got his shot tossed twice, once by Ben Wallace, another time by Tayshaun Prince.

Does Dirk generally shoot 39% from the field?

Josh Howard will definitely be a tough cover for the Pistons. Tayshaun has done well against players like Tracy McGrady, Kobe Bryant, and Dwyane Wade. He doesn't always stop them, but he does as well as most perimeter defenders. But, he can't guard Howard? Something doesn't quite calculate.

Regardless of the matchups a Piston/Mavs or Piston/Spurs final will go at least 6 games. I'd give the edge to Detroit in either matchup. I just don't think the Spurs are nearly as good or as healthy as they were last season and this Piston team looks better than last season. They score more and they still know how to play great defense. Go Mavs!

mabber
05-10-2006, 04:44 PM

Not even worth trying. You're outnumbered big time :lol Half of my comments get slammed and I'm just trying to talk hoops about this series.

There are a lot of good Spur fans on this board though that will engage in hoop talk w/o the "I hate the Mavs or the refs suck" BS.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 04:46 PM
mabber,

I've been on the board for a while now. As you can see, I got over 1,300 posts. I'm generally serious about talking basketball, but once in a while, I like to talk smack, especially when other posters are cocky and talking smack first.

I mean no harm. It's just friendly smack talk.

tlongII
05-10-2006, 05:37 PM
You did not bet that they win in 5 games...hence the shut up part.

I did not need to.....hence I will not shut up.

BigD1
05-10-2006, 05:47 PM
The Spurs will be fine. They have the rest of the week to rest and get patched up.

I'll have to be honest, as a Spurs fan, I was much more worried about the Kings than the Mavs.U should have always worried more about the Mavs . I couldn't believe how many posters on here were claiming that Sacto was a better team than the Mavs after that 1st round. Unbelievable! Mavs are clearly better than Sacramento. Dallas is a few missed free throws from being up 2-0. they shot a very strange and unprecedented % 0f 68 in that 1st game. Consider yourself lucky.

mabber
05-10-2006, 05:51 PM
mabber,

I've been on the board for a while now. As you can see, I got over 1,300 posts. I'm generally serious about talking basketball, but once in a while, I like to talk smack, especially when other posters are cocky and talking smack first.

I mean no harm. It's just friendly smack talk.

I'm aware.

You're on my "read the post" list. I know that sounds stupid but I don't have all day to read some of the tripe that gets posted by some of the posters. I was just making the point that it's really kinda silly to get into smack talk when you're way outnumbered. Also, 2-3 of the Maverick posters are fairly ridiculous to tell you the truth.

ponky
05-10-2006, 06:05 PM
You're joking, right?

Kind of the way you guys got excited and started talking *sweep* after putting the smackdown on the Kings in game one of that series? True, the media fell for that as well, but REAL Spurs fans should've known better.

There is nothing physically wrong with Manu, it's a mental block. Don't start making excuses with the injuries now that you lost a game. Sure you guys talked about Duncan being injured when the Kings took one and that was a real injury but now that he's playing well you're looking to find some more injured guys to place the blame on. Manu hasn't played well the entire playoffs but it's not because he's injured.

BigD1
05-10-2006, 06:12 PM
The Mavs D is not at that level? Care to substanciate that statment? Have any evidence to back up that claim?

Defense is a team effort and thus far our perimeter defense looks a whole lot better than the Spurs, don't forget that rebounding is part of defense and I think the Mavs have an edge there as well. Even Pop said the Mavs defense was stellar........Not to mention...Pop even stated in his post game conference(game 2) that Dallas out-defended them. Wow, add that with the fact that Dallas already has a better offensive team and rebounding team and a better bench. Though I do think that SA still has a better defense, I believe the gap has really narrowed. Dallas has been playing phenomenal "D" the entire playoffs.

ponky
05-10-2006, 06:18 PM

He's just ticked because he knows that the team coming out of the West that will put up a good fight against the Pistons can't possibly be the Spurs team. I mean the Pistons swept the Spurs this year didn't they?

ponky
05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Not to mention...Pop even stated in his post game conference(game 2) that Dallas out-defended them. Wow, add that with the fact that Dallas already has a better offensive team and rebounding team and a better bench. Though I do think that SA still has a better defense, I believe the gap has really narrowed. Dallas has been playing phenomenal "D" the entire playoffs.

I believe the word Pop used in the post-game conference was "EXCELLENT" defense regarding the mavs D
:spin

mFFL03
05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
lets not forget what should have been our WIN in game one.....i think i heard mavs fans and sports talk radio shows talking about how unfair the officiating was...

hmmm...ring a bell spurs fans? and our superstar dirk has HALF the amount of free throws Timmy has right now.

and we went 2-2 during the season remember? not convincing wins either....

Vashner
05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Yea right... you have to be REALLY dumb if you call Dallas in 5. I mean DUMBER than a 6 month old horse turd.

td4mvp21
05-10-2006, 07:11 PM

TAYSHAUN PRINCE?!!?! WTF. RASHEED WALLACE?!?!

Good defenders right there, Dirk would average less against them than he is against us. Howard? Goodnight.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
You are just throwing out names but the proof is in the pudding. Dirk can bully Prince and out quick Rasheed on the perimeter. Rasheed is a better interior defender but Dirk has him on the perimeter.

td4mvp21
05-10-2006, 07:38 PM
You are just throwing out names but the proof is in the pudding. Dirk can bully Prince and out quick Rasheed on the perimeter. Rasheed is a better interior defender but Dirk has him on the perimeter.

I'm throwing out names? You stupid bitch, according to you no one on your team can be guarded. Can Pistons fans back me up or am I being an idiot?

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm throwing out names? You stupid bitch, according to you no one on your team can be guarded. Can Pistons fans back me up or am I being an idiot?
Ever since Avery put in Harris I don't think Dallas can be guarded. Terry at the 2 is where he is at his best and Harris is Dallas's best slasher though Howard is up there as well. Billups would have a good series though but I don't think it would be enough. The team that gives the mavs the most matchup problems are the suns.

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Since when does Dirk "bully" anyone? He is mainly a jump shooter...a very good one but I have never heard bully and Dirk in the same sentence.....soft maybe, but not bully.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Rasheed is just as mobile and quick as Dirk, even on the perimeter. Ben Wallace effectively defended LeBron James in game 1 against the Mavs. LeBron is quicker, faster, and stronger than Dirk. Ben Wallace played Dirk well in the last regular season meeting between Dallas and Detroit. Antonio McDyess can defend Dirk. Tayshaun can play spot minutes on Dirk, but I don't like that match-up.

And, Detroit does not rely solely on individual defense as much as team defense anyway. If Dirk beats his man, the Pistons play very good help defense and will employ schemes to keep Dirk out of his sweet spots and comfort zones to make it more difficult for Dirk to be effective on offense.

I know Dallas is new to playing defense, but there is such a thing as great team defense that can make up for average or subpar individual defense.

Will they shut Dirk down? No, of course not. Dirk is a great offensive player. Will Dirk have one of his best offensive series against the Pistons? Are you serious? It wouldn't surprise me to see Dirk average 25 pts on the Pistons in a seven game series. But, it will be on 20-25 shots and he'll shoot somewhere below the 45% FG percentage, more likely closer to 40%.

cherylsteele
05-10-2006, 08:27 PM
I believe the word Pop used in the post-game conference was "EXCELLENT" defense regarding the mavs D
:spin
That was just one game....wait until the end of the series to hark on the defense.
Mavs fans get excited over winning a game Spurs and Pistons fans get excited over series wins.
The Mavs' 15 minutes of fame are almost up.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Rasheed is just as mobile and quick as Dirk, even on the perimeter. Ben Wallace effectively defended LeBron James in game 1 against the Mavs. LeBron is quicker, faster, and stronger than Dirk. Ben Wallace played Dirk well in the last regular season meeting between Dallas and Detroit. Antonio McDyess can defend Dirk. Tayshaun can play spot minutes on Dirk, but I don't like that match-up.

And, Detroit does not rely solely on individual defense as much as team defense anyway. If Dirk beats his man, the Pistons play very good help defense and will employ schemes to keep Dirk out of his sweet spots and comfort zones to make it more difficult for Dirk to be effective on offense.

I know Dallas is new to playing defense, but there is such a thing as great team defense that can make up for average or subpar individual defense.

Will they shut Dirk down? No, of course not. Dirk is a great offensive player. Will Dirk have one of his best offensive series against the Pistons? Are you serious? It wouldn't surprise me to see Dirk average 25 pts on the Pistons in a seven game series. But, it will be on 20-25 shots and he'll shoot somewhere below the 45% FG percentage, more likely closer to 40%.

Sheed is not as quick as Dirk. That is a sick joke there. Sheed does nothing what Bowen is doing to Dirk. Bowen is 2x the speed of Sheed and much more relentless. Dirk will get his usual shots against Sheed like against any other team. Average 30 points and shoot 48%. The pistons really don't have that relentless defender like Bruce Bowen. Ben Wallace might be the closest they have but I'm sure you don't want Ben on the perimeter while Howard is slashing to the basket.

JamStone
05-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Sheed is not as quick as Dirk. That is a sick joke there. Sheed does nothing what Bowen is doing to Dirk. Bowen is 2x the speed of Sheed and much more relentless. Dirk will get his usual shots against Sheed like against any other team. Average 30 points and shoot 48%. The pistons really don't have that relentless defender like Bruce Bowen. Ben Wallace might be the closest they have but I'm sure you don't want Ben on the perimeter while Howard is slashing to the basket.

Except over the last two seasons in four regular season games, Dirk's numbers against the Pistons are:

24.3 ppg
38.5% FG (30-97 FGM-FGA)

jmard5
05-10-2006, 09:14 PM

Clueless.

This isn't a one on one game. Pistons employ team defense. Dirk will have to "bully" his way through the 5 Pistons playing.

Ask LeBron.

jmard5
05-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Ever since Avery put in Harris I don't think Dallas can be guarded. Terry at the 2 is where he is at his best and Harris is Dallas's best slasher though Howard is up there as well. Billups would have a good series though but I don't think it would be enough. The team that gives the mavs the most matchup problems are the suns.

Eversince? You call a one won game "eversince"? Come on, you know for a fact that Mavs have not won the series yet.

Just one single game.

DarkReign
05-10-2006, 10:03 PM
This thread has detiorated.

Mavs better worry about the Spurs.

If/when they earn the right to play whomever wins the East, go over the matchups.

Until then, stfu.

Brutalis
05-10-2006, 10:03 PM
... from a Blazers fan.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 10:19 PM
This thread has detiorated.

Mavs better worry about the Spurs.

If/when they earn the right to play whomever wins the East, go over the matchups.

Until then, stfu.

not just this thread, the whole board. both mav and spur fans are way too defensive. and we're only 2 games in. on another note, the season finale of smallville is on tomorrow - ZOD IS COMING... (yes the show is dorky but i like it)

A-Train
05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Mav Fan again shows their championship virginity.

J.T.
05-10-2006, 10:56 PM
If the Mavs team thinks they got this series won with just one game like all of their maggot followers on this forum, they're in for a rude awakening. Expect an enraged Spurs team on Saturday, gtfo with the trolling, and let's play some god damn basketball.

J.T.
05-10-2006, 11:46 PM
:idiot

Amuseddaysleeper
05-11-2006, 01:12 AM
The Spurs are old and no longer hungry. They don't even have any swagger at all even during the Sacto series. That is precisely why no one remembers the Spurs sporadic titles since 99% of hoop fans around the globe remember dynasties - teams that win successive titles and not titles every once in a while. Until you Spursies actually repeat as champions, the dynasty tag will never ever be used to describe the Duncan-led Spurs in NBA history. It will forever be a footnote beneath the likes of the Lakers,Bulls,Pistons,etc.

Truth hurts.

sadly, he makes sense to a degree

we need to repeat

kalikot_boy_kr
05-11-2006, 03:31 AM
:elephant I'VE LEARNED THAT "DA" LAST (DALLAS) IS CRYING BABY AGAIN..HAHAHA! SPURS IN 5...

Texas_Ranger
05-11-2006, 04:19 AM
:elephant I'VE LEARNED THAT "DA" LAST (DALLAS) IS CRYING BABY AGAIN..HAHAHA! SPURS IN 5...

:tu :tu

Hook Dem
05-11-2006, 07:17 AM
The Spurs are old and no longer hungry. They don't even have any swagger at all even during the Sacto series. That is precisely why no one remembers the Spurs sporadic titles since 99% of hoop fans around the globe remember dynasties - teams that win successive titles and not titles every once in a while. Until you Spursies actually repeat as champions, the dynasty tag will never ever be used to describe the Duncan-led Spurs in NBA history. It will forever be a footnote beneath the likes of the Lakers,Bulls,Pistons,etc.

Truth hurts.
Just be glad that most Mavs fans aren't quite as stupid as this guy! :lol

NoMoneyDown
05-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Just be glad that most Mavs fans aren't quite as stupid as this guy! :lol

Don't worry, there are a few Dallas "fans" here that you really have to question, too.

pache100
05-11-2006, 08:21 AM
lets not forget what should have been our WIN in game one.....i think i heard mavs fans and sports talk radio shows talking about how unfair the officiating was...

:lol You ought to try stand-up comedy; I've heard it pays more than message board humor. :madrun

Mavs<Spurs
05-11-2006, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=tlongII]Might happen.[/QUOTE=tlongII]

you might win the lottery too.

The real question is do you think that it is probable? Would you bet on whether the Mavs will beat the Spurs in only 5 games in this current 7 game series?

So, far you've proven that you don't think that this is going to happen. Otherwise, you wouldn't have backed off.

Mavs<Spurs
05-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Wolves, you don't know anything about winning a championship the first time, so don't get up into our koolaid.

Cross your fingers to get a good lottery pick and hope to God KG isn't gonna leave you.

Mavs<Spurs
05-11-2006, 03:47 PM
At this point, imo, only two teams have any shot at all of beating Pistons in a 7 game series: Nets and Spurs. Pistons are to be favored in both.