PDA

View Full Version : Bowen on Howard

himat
05-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Go for it. put bowen on howard, and then give the ball to tim duncan so that dirk gets in foul trouble.

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Huh? That's confusing? Put Bowen on Howard and Dirk gets in foul trouble? How does that work?

I've been going through the matchups back and forth and nothing works for the Spurs. Unless they got some secret swingman out there who is athletic and can score and they just haven't played him yet.

Shank
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM
I've read in threads before the series even started that Michael Finley will be the difference-maker.

FromWayDowntown
05-10-2006, 04:27 PM
I've been going through the matchups back and forth and nothing works for the Spurs. Unless they got some secret swingman out there who is athletic and can score and they just haven't played him yet.

You're right. The Spurs probably shouldn't even bother going to Dallas. They should just pack up those unused tackle boxes and find out what fishing is all about.

:rolleyes

LEONARD
05-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Go for it. put bowen on howard, and then give the ball to tim duncan so that dirk gets in foul trouble.

Why would putting Bowen on Howard force Dirk to cover Duncan?

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 04:29 PM
The only problem with Bowen is no matter how the spurs change their lineup Dirk will always have a player to guard. That is either Bowen, Mohammad, Horry, or Rasho. Against Houston Dirk was forced to guard Jon Barry (a shooting guard) or Yao Ming (a center). Against Phoenix Dirk was forced to guard Shawn Marion or Amare Stoudemire. In this series Dirk doesn't have to work as hard on defense.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Huh? That's confusing? Put Bowen on Howard and Dirk gets in foul trouble? How does that work?

you're just lucky melvin sanders is hurt... the spurs can win despite matchup problems, they proved that against sac. they just need to play better defense and make more shots.

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Please stop starting new threads about the topics that are already being discussed.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40672