PDA

View Full Version : W's Mystery Bulge (...and It's not in his pants)

Nbadan
10-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Bush's mystery bulge

The rumor is flying around the globe. Was the president wired during the first debate?

Oct. 8, 2004 | Was President Bush literally channeling Karl Rove in his first debate with John Kerry? That's the latest rumor flooding the Internet, unleashed last week in the wake of an image caught by a television camera during the Miami debate. The image shows a large solid object between Bush's shoulder blades as he leans over the lectern and faces moderator Jim Lehrer.

The president is not known to wear a back brace, and it's safe to say he wasn't packing. So was the bulge under his well-tailored jacket a hidden receiver, picking up transmissions from someone offstage feeding the president answers through a hidden earpiece? Did the device explain why the normally ramrod-straight president seemed hunched over during much of the debate?

Salon (http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/08/bulge/inde...)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~pastiche2/bulge.jpg

Marcus Bryant
10-08-2004, 02:49 PM
http://www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh/images/d/dogsandflushing.jpg

Nbadan
10-08-2004, 02:54 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/133/1923/400/13.jpg

LandShark
10-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Nice red x. :nerd

CosmicCowboy
10-08-2004, 02:56 PM
its a strap crease from his body armor dumbass...

http://www.interamer.com/images/Additions4044/RPC50MconceaTact.jpg

exstatic
10-08-2004, 02:56 PM
I don't know if the images ar real or not. Anything can be doctored. Hugely funny if it is, though. They feel they need to wire him for verbal prompts when the questions are available in advance, basicly scripted? And he lost?

SpursWoman
10-08-2004, 02:57 PM
:lol :rollin

We'll find out later that it was only a special black pen. :nerd

Marcus Bryant
10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
its a strap crease from his body armor dumbass...

No kidding. As many nutjobs that are out there passing along conspiracy theories about BushCo, Halliburton, Unocal, and what not no doubt he has to be wearing that shit.

Samurai Jane
10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Come on you guys, they make cell phones that are tinier than that. I think Cosmic's assertion makes more than enough sense to me.

Samurai Jane
10-08-2004, 03:01 PM
No kidding. As many nutjobs that are out there passing along conspiracy theories about BushCo, Halliburton, Unocal, and what not no doubt he has to be wearing that shit.

Isn't there a book out there about assasinating him?

LandShark
10-08-2004, 03:01 PM
But it's from Salon.com....it must be true! :lol

LandShark
10-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Isn't there a book out there about assasinating him?
There is but I don't remember the title.

Marcus Bryant
10-08-2004, 03:03 PM
I believe so. It's almost as if the left wing conspiratorial nutjobs wanted to prove they were more fucking nuts than the right wing conspiratorial nutjobs of the Clinton era.

They've succeeded, in my opinion.

Opinionater
10-08-2004, 03:05 PM
IMHO, I think we should find out where Cheney was transmittig from.

exstatic
10-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Just to keep the fun going: those straps in your illustration all look a LOT closer to the edges of body mass, CC. That thing on his back is dead center.

Equal time: I don't see any earpiece in that photo, but DAMN, his barber needs to be fired to let him out the door with that much ear fuzz. It's a wonder he could even hear the questions.

JoeChalupa
10-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Did he "stuff" the wrong place?

IcemanCometh
10-08-2004, 03:15 PM
so kerry can have a magic pen but bush can't?

SpursWoman
10-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Did he "stuff" the wrong place?

I'm quite certain, Joe, that that is one place where the President would not be in need of *stuffing*. :)

CosmicCowboy
10-08-2004, 03:26 PM
ex...I suspect it is what they call a "ballistic plate" on the back of his armor...the secret service obviously has access to the best available...and your better body armor has pockets front and back where they can add high tech ceramic plates to increase the level of protection of the vital area over that of just the kevlar...the picture I showed was just a generic body armor without ballistic plates...

and I definitely agree that if he was "bugged" then state of the art stuff would have been used which would have been absolutely tiny and undetectable...

CosmicCowboy
10-08-2004, 03:30 PM
hehehe thay have armor for that "stuff" too...

http://store1.yimg.com/I/security2020_1814_789150

LMAO...for $250 plus shipping you can make your balls bulletproof... :rollin

Spurminator
10-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Wow. Does Salon WANT to be taken seriously?

JoeChalupa
10-08-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm quite certain, Joe, that that is one place where the President would not be in need of *stuffing*. :)

Well that is more information than I need.

Big juevos doesn't mean big chorizo. ;)

Kori Ellis
10-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Okay, so Bush was wired and Kerry brought in notes.

They are both dumbfucks; this isn't news. Maybe four years from now, we as citizens of this country can make sure there will be more desirable options running for president.

JoeChalupa
10-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Okay, so Bush was wired and Kerry brought in notes.

They are both dumbfucks; this isn't news. Maybe four years from now, we as citizens of this country can make sure there will be more desirable options running for president.

:lol Hope is on the way.

Marcus Bryant
10-08-2004, 05:35 PM
I felt that way a couple of months ago but one does not get the feeling that Kerry is committed to actually dealing with the crazy Islamofascist fucker threat until the US is attacked again whereas Bush, for all of his fiscal flaws, seems quite able to grasp that rather simple concept. Kerry's desire to submit US foreign policy to the predilections of France, Russia, China, and Germany is not that appealing. Also, it doesn't help that just about every criticism of Bush from lib Dems leads back to some tortured conspiracy theory.

I suppose I should read The Nation and visit democratunderground.org or whatever regularly. Then I might be able to descend into the conspiratorial clusterfuck to which some here belong.

But don't worry, I'm sure that if Kerry is elected you won't get the goodies you expect him to give you.

Kerry's supporters and their candidate have, however, gotten so hysterical and nonsensical that voting for GWB seems like a preferable alternative.

Good work.

-MB

Yonivore
10-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Come on you guys, they make cell phones that are tinier than that. I think Cosmic's assertion makes more than enough sense to me.
Nbadanallah should know, they've implanted a tracking device in his brain.

Seriously though...it's probably body armor. If the President was going to be wired, they could have put a wireless receiver in his ear...

Nice try though.

So, what was that white, square, paper-looking black pen Kerry was pulling out of his breast pocket anyway?

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-08-2004, 11:06 PM
I vote for the body armor. There were about 100-150 different people on stage and they even got to hobnob with the candidates afterwards.

Non story.

Nbadan
10-09-2004, 03:06 AM
The Mystery of the Bulge deepens as White House Chief of Staff Andy Card says he does not think W was wearing a bullet-proof vest in the first debate...

(snip)

The latest clarification, explanation or evasion -- depending on your perspective on all this --- comes from White House Chief of Staff Andy Card. We caught up with him in spin alley here, and we asked him whether Bush was wearing a wire at the last debate.

"If he was, I didn't know about it," Card said. "I have no reason to believe he was wearing a listening device at all." So what was that tell-tale lump under Bush's suit coat? "I don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe people didn't have very good eyesight." Was the president wearing a bullet-proof vest? "No, he was not, not to my knowledge." Some are speculating that he was wearing some kind of medical device, like a portable IV machine. How about that? "Not to my knowledge."

Card, the pro that he is, quickly spun the conversation to Bush-Cheney talking points. The president is "a regular guy," he said. "Maybe his suit had a little lump in it or something. I'll tell you, he was dressed for the opportunity to talk to the American people, and I am not aware of anything that was extra-ordinary in what he was wearing."

more…

Salon (http://salon.com/politics/war_room/)

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Would Card really tell people "Don't shoot in the body because it won't work, shoot upstairs"?

Nbadan
10-10-2004, 03:35 AM
The controversy over the bulge is growing...

The bulge gets bigger

My Salon story Friday about the mysterious rectangular bulge in Bush's suit jacket during the first debate, which has been rocketing around the Internet, crossed over to the major print media Saturday, with articles appearing in both the New York Times and the Washington Post.

While the White House and the Bush campaign repeatedly blew me off when I tried to elicit some explanation from them for the obvious bulge under the president's jacket, the Times and Post had better luck.
According to the Times, Bush's aides first tried to claim that the photo that appeared in Salon and on the Web was "doctored." When they were forced to admit that the image of the object was clear in the original video feeds of the debate, they changed their story, according to the paper, suggesting that it was nothing but a wrinkle in the president's jacket. Even the Times itself noted that they failed to explain why the wrinkle had a rectangular shape. The most important piece of information obtained by the Post reporter was a statement by the Bush campaign that the president was not wearing a bullet-proof vest during the debate appearance -- one of the most widely offered alternative explanations for the bulge in the jacket.

Salon (http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/index.html)

http://democrats.com/images/bush-debate-12.gif

Could the bulge on W's back be this? (http://www.spyworld.com/Surveil5_LawEnforcement.htm)

Nbadan
10-10-2004, 03:38 AM
More pics of the mystery bulge...

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041009/i/r2903678474.jpg

http://www.smudgereport.com/images/bulge.jpg

Uncle Donnie
10-10-2004, 08:32 AM
This is quite possibly the funniest thread I've ever read. Thanks!

Oh, you're serious. Never mind, by all means proceed.

:lmao

Nbadan
10-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Looks like the Right has taken the Uncle Donnie route...

Bush aides deny Internet rumors he was wired

Sunday, October 10, 2004 Posted: 9:31 AM EDT (1331 GMT)
What appears to be a bulge in the back of President Bush's coat prompted widespread speculation.

CHANHASSEN, Minnesota (AP) -- Bush campaign aides are laughing off widespread Internet suggestions that President Bush was wired during his first debate with John Kerry, to get help from advisers.

A photo taken during the September 30th event appears to show a small, boxy shape between the president's shoulder blades.

Musings on various Web sites suggest it could have been a radio receiver so the president's aides could feed him answers during the debate.

Spokesman Scott Stanzel calls the idea "ridiculous," and adds, "Some people have been spending too many hours looking at left-wing conspiracy Web sites."

He adds, "Did you hear the one about Elvis moderating the third debate?"

CNN.com (www.cnn.com)

LandShark
10-10-2004, 03:54 PM
"Did you hear the one about Elvis moderating the third debate?"
Any news about that, Danny? :drunk :lmao

dcole50
10-10-2004, 04:47 PM
crazy interntet conspiracy crap. pay it no attention.

it's just like the website i saw that claimed kerry had a "cheat sheet" in his pocket and some sort of magic pen. not sure what made the pen magic, but that's what is special about crazy internet rumors.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2004, 11:13 PM
It's his manssierre.

SpursWoman
10-10-2004, 11:31 PM
He should have gone with the t-shirt style....less bulky and obvious. :)

2pac
10-10-2004, 11:34 PM
This is ridiculous. if Bush had a transmitter, it would be easy to scan. Considering that there are millions of reporters around, there were millions of scanners around too. Since Bush is a millionaire and the president, he would have access to MUCH better equipment than one that makes a huge bulge in the back. He would have a small, invisible, wireless one in his ear - not a huge box on his back.

Black helicopter-art bell-conspiracy stuff only goes to make you look like an idiot.

Man Mountain
10-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Why can't it just be that his undershirt is wrinkled. :)

Nbadan
10-11-2004, 01:00 AM
This is ridiculous. if Bush had a transmitter, it would be easy to scan. Considering that there are millions of reporters around, there were millions of scanners around too. Since Bush is a millionaire and the president, he would have access to MUCH better equipment than one that makes a huge bulge in the back. He would have a small, invisible, wireless one in his ear - not a huge box on his back.

Due to Homeland security concerns??? Jammers are rumored to be used around the debate sites that block cell phones calls, wire-less computer modems and other electronic forms of communication, but that doesn't mean that a prompter can't be used via a specialized frequency. Tin-hat stuff, maybe, but as the link to the video below shows, W has used a wire-less prompt before..

Due to a technical glitch at the meeting, Fox News broadcast Bush's prompter's voice telling Bush what to say..before Bush says it. The prompter's voice is also inadvertently broadcast to the entire room - watch the expression on Chiracs face. (http://philbrittin.com/news2/news.php#)

Nbadan
10-11-2004, 03:04 AM
http://www.theonion.com/images/405/image_article2609_160x125.jpg
W Arrives at 3rd Debate Wearing Flight Suit!

dcole50
10-11-2004, 03:35 AM
the bulge is weird, though. don't worry, i'm not a nut who thinks it is some sort of transmitter. looks like he has a very advanced ... and very odd form of scoliosis.

exstatic
10-11-2004, 07:59 AM
It's his manssierre.

New conspiracy theory: Bush is secretly Colin Montgomerie. :lmao

I have my own theory: It's a BPV with a wire in it to prompt. That way EVERYONE is right here. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Actually, a new picture was released. Only those in attendance saw what the bulge actually was.

http://www.incredicash.com/images/bushwood.jpg

Hook Dem
10-11-2004, 12:30 PM
.....and it was put there to stop back stabbers! :makemyday

Yonivore
10-11-2004, 12:32 PM
It's a spine!

A forensic scientist studying photographic evidence has identified an object which caused a bump on the back of a suit jacket worn by President George Bush during his first debate with John Forbes Kerry.

"It's a spine," said the unnamed scientist. "The president's backbone, in a sense, was showing during his debate with Mr. Kerry."

Similar images of Mr. Kerry showed "no comparable spinal features."

When asked about the new evidence, Mr. Kerry said, "I had a spine when I defended this country as a young man, and I will have one again when I defend her as president of the United States."

Useruser666
10-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Reminds me of the movie "Quiz Show". If you really think it was some sort of wireless connection then the Bush aids should just have used a ventrilloquest.
Mybe it was a.....

Back massager.
Bullet proof vest straps.
A concealed weapon.
The place Dick Chaney puts the key that winds him up.

Whatever!

Nbadan
10-13-2004, 04:37 AM
Oct. 13, 2004 | Speculation continues to run wild about President Bush's mystery bulge. Since Friday, when Salon first raised questions about the rectangular bulge that was visible under Bush's suit coat during the presidential debates, many observers in the press and on the Internet have wondered aloud whether the verbally and factually challenged president might be receiving coaching via a hidden electronic device.

Now a technical expert who designs and makes such devices for the U.S. military and private industry tells Salon that he believes the bulge is indeed a transceiver designed to receive electronic signals and transmit them to a hidden earpiece lodged in Bush's ear canal.

"There's no question about it. It's a pretty obvious one -- larger than most because it probably has descrambling capability," said Alex Darbut, technical and business development vice president for Resistance Technology in Arden Hills, Minn. Darbut examined photographs of the president's back taken from the Fox News video feed at the first presidential debate in Coral Gables, Fla., as well as 2002 photos of the president driving and working in a T-shirt on his Crawford ranch, which were posted on the White House Web site.

Darbut speculates that the device the president wears is provided by the Secret Service, noting, "They're not going to have him driving around the countryside on his ranch without being in instant contact with him."

Salon (http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/13/transmitter/)

Maybe this is why W spent all day yesterday campaigning instead of prepping for todays debate?