PDA

View Full Version : Theory on Manu's play

redskinfan
05-10-2006, 05:45 PM
I think this past summer was his first summer off from competition(olympics,world champ.) after years of playing straight through with only minimal time off. I think his body adjusted to taking it easy and he cannot figure it out how to get it back(mojo). All these bumps and bruises are harder to take for him, thats why we only see the real Manu once a week or so!

mookie2001
05-10-2006, 05:48 PM
true true

doldrums
05-10-2006, 05:51 PM
I wouldn't want to be his tailbone today

redskinfan
05-10-2006, 05:52 PM
ouch!! I wonder if he can even walk

TMTTRIO
05-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I think you have a great point and then everytime he gets back in rhythym he seems to have gotten injured and has to start back at the beginning again. I think it really has affected him confidence wise and that's why it seems like he's not as aggressive as he has been. It really hasn't been a good year injury wise for him. I'm still debating whether he should try and play this summer (if he's still going to).

Vashner
05-10-2006, 06:28 PM
He's tired.....

... any other theory is a waste of time....

Kori Ellis
05-10-2006, 06:30 PM
He's tired.....

Why so tired? Is he anemic or something?

He missed more games than any other Spurs starter this season. He shouldn't be that tired.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 06:31 PM
i would like to see a theory on how it is possible for a collection of individuals ages 22-37 or so to age 1 year exactly, yet somehow all seem very old, lose all their energy and stamina, and be labelled as "old" for an entire season.

also how is it possible that every player of said collection becomes easily fatigued after just 1 year of 'true' 'aging'

ZStomp
05-10-2006, 06:33 PM
He's tired.....

Tired? OF what!

ducks
05-10-2006, 06:45 PM
if he is tired of basketball he should be traded

Mavtek
05-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Could it be that he's just playing against superior foes? I mean I'll root for my players all I can, but I know deep down there are players that are just better than them. I mean you guys really need to calm down on the Manu hate, only one man can do so much.

Think about it, Josh Howard < Shawn Marion-Lebron James-Ron Artest
Stackhouse < Kobe Bryant-Ray Allen-Michael Redd-Rip Hamilton
Terry < Steve Nash-Gilbert Arenas-Chauncey Billups

Could it be that Ginobli < Josh Howard-Jerry Stackhouse?

ALVAREZ6
05-10-2006, 07:40 PM
no

td4mvp21
05-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Could it be that he's just playing against superior foes? No.

Think about it, Josh Howard < Shawn Marion-Lebron James-Ron Artest
Stackhouse < Kobe Bryant-Ray Allen-Michael Redd-Rip Hamilton
Terry < Steve Nash-Gilbert Arenas-Chauncey Billups

Could it be that Ginobli < Josh Howard-Jerry Stackhouse? HELL NO.

FreshPrince22
05-10-2006, 07:52 PM

Howard is close. Not stack though.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Howard>Ginobili. Those that don't see this by now are homers.

td4mvp21
05-10-2006, 08:01 PM

Coming from a Mavs fan, thats a bit homerish.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 08:05 PM
ginobili is just playing like a pussy after being physically hounded and mentally owned by Ron Artist

His three is not there, and thats part of what made him good in the playoffs too.
Also, sad to say, but I'm getting to this point where I truely think teams are learning to defend Ginobili better. I noticed this early in game 2. It is fucking blatant that he goes left 99% of the time, and judging exclusively from the action on the court that I interpret (not taking into account good or bad reffing) he just doesn't get that call as much.

Maybe he flopped too much and refs didnt like it.
I really don't know, I'm inebriated most games, but I really think teams are picking up on his game. He IS good enough to keep tricking them with his stutter steps and crazy drives, but he just isn't doing it lately. So maybe he's just biding his time? Let us not forget, manu and tim were giving each other snowcones prior to game 1. Maybe they all decided not to even show up until game 3 :smchode:

I'm not saying I am right in any of this, the point I am really trying to make is that we better hope he is biding his time, because fighting from behind two home games in a row does not bode well for this series if that is all we're getting from our non-Duncan players.

We are either going to dominate game 3 or get raped, no dog fights this time.

In case any of you don't realize, Dirk gets treated like a fragile little girl by Dallas refs. Add to that, the fact that Pop or any Spur NEVER complain about refs, and you have a recipe for disaster.
Game 5 crowd--you motherfuckers better show up on time and better scream until you're hoarse.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
In case any of you don't realize, Dirk gets treated like a fragile little girl by Dallas refs. Add to that, the fact that Pop or any Spur NEVER complain about refs, and you have a recipe for disaster.
Game 5 crowd--you motherfuckers better show up on time and better scream until you're hoarse.

Yeah man Dirk really was getting calls against Bowen. :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
05-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Dallas refs i said

I live in dallas, and watch approx 1% of all dallas moments on tv, hear the pundits, and think i know everything about the team, so you can pretty much count me on par with any other true dallas mavericks fan

leemajors
05-10-2006, 08:21 PM

let me know when howard makes the all star team. then we can start comparing them.

mookie2001
05-10-2006, 08:22 PM
or is the best player on the best team on the planet

Shank
05-10-2006, 08:26 PM
or is the best player on the best team on the planet

You can't be serious.

leemajors
05-10-2006, 08:35 PM
and don't misunderstand me, i think howard is a good player, but i think manu has proven himself to be a star on the highest levels the game offers - the nba finals, olympics, etc. howard will probably be an all star himself but i don't think he is done getting better. he is obviously outplaying manu at this point in the series, but things can change.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2006, 08:38 PM
and don't misunderstand me, i think howard is a good player, but i think manu has proven himself to be a star on the highest levels the game offers - the nba finals, olympics, etc. howard will probably be an all star himself but i don't think he is done getting better. he is obviously outplaying manu at this point in the series, but things can change.
Howard has been outplaying Manu all year. Barkley even said that Manu is having a bad year. Manu was better last year but Manu is a step slower now.

ralph solis
05-10-2006, 08:47 PM
no

Manu4Three
05-10-2006, 08:56 PM

Just in your moist and wet dreams.

2centsworth
05-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Howard has played better than Manu this year. However, Manu's short career dwarfs Howard's up to this point. This series might change things, we will see.

aaronstampler
05-10-2006, 09:10 PM

Um...first Howard has to dominate an entire playoffs, all four rounds. Then we'll talk.