PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for David Stern and television execs

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Did you people notice that the glamor teams, Miami and Phoenix played their game 2s on Wednesday, and then play their game 3 on Friday, a 2 day separation? That also gives them the preferable Sunday slots

The Spurs and Dallas played on Tuesday and do not play til Saturday, a 4 day split.

Why am I happy? Because the Spurs were beat down, they were tired, they are injured and they definitely needed the rest. I am sure Dallas is pissed off to no end about this quirky scheduling, because they are rested and had the Spurs on their heels.

This little twist of fate is what is going to turn the tide in favor of SA and lead to their victory in this series.

Had the television moguls ignored ratings and just made up a schedule based on common sense and fairness, the Spurs would probably have lost tonight, because TP and Manu would still not be close to 100%.

So, let me be the first to lead a cheer for David Stern and ABC.

Hip hip hooray!!!!

:elephant :elephant

ducks
05-11-2006, 09:04 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40728

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 09:08 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40728

This is not even the same thing, numbnuts.

The article does not even note that the other 2 games have the 2 day turn around and it is all for ratings. You have obviously missed the whole point, as usual.

:rolleyes

MadDog73
05-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Meh, if it wasn't for the fucked up scheduling of playing 3 playoff games in 5 days, we wouldn't have lost game 2.

Fuck Stern and late ass games.

bonesinaz
05-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Spurs last played Dallas on Tues, not Mon.

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Spurs last played Dallas on Tues, not Mon.

right...still you get the drift, yes?

picnroll
05-11-2006, 09:46 AM
If it wasn't for teams laying knees into Parker and Ginobili's thighs the Spurs wouldn't be banged up. Time that Harris and Howard felt a few knees.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm still not sure what to make of Stern's recent actions like apologizing for the messed up scheduling and the aforementioned (and badly needed) rest that the long layoff affords the Spurs. I can't decide if he's turned the corner on his hatred of the Spurs, realizing that they are here to stay so he might as well do something to market them, or if he's just trying to get in good with the Spurs and screw them over at the last minute a la Vince McMahon.

Just wait. If the Spurs get to the WCF the schedule will have at least two B2Bs in it. CIA Stern?

fyatuk
05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
If it wasn't for teams laying knees into Parker and Ginobili's thighs the Spurs wouldn't be banged up. Time that Harris and Howard felt a few knees.

That's low class man. The Spurs (and Spurs fans) should be above thinking about intentional and premeditated retaliation. Otherwise we're no better than Ron Artest ;)

bonesinaz
05-11-2006, 09:55 AM
right...still you get the drift, yes?

Yes :angel

picnroll
05-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Reggie Miller, in the broadcast before game two, said that if Parker took another hit on his bruised thigh that it could well put him out of the game. He also said the Mavs will definitley be trying to put a hit on him. This is simply coming from the perspective of a guy who's played the game and knows what players think and do. You think it's an accident Parker and Ginobili have been taking all these shots. The hip Artest threw into Parker causing the hip strain is a good example.

Now if Diop takes an excessive foul on Manu and puts him on his ass making him lame for the next game Spurs shoulld just be nice guys right. Fuck that.

ducks
05-11-2006, 10:04 AM
This is not even the same thing, numbnuts.

The article does not even note that the other 2 games have the 2 day turn around and it is all for ratings. You have obviously missed the whole point, as usual.

it would if you posted it in there

bonesinaz
05-11-2006, 10:07 AM
TP and Manu will have had 3+ days of rest and tx before they play again on Sat. The more rest they get, the less chance that a hard foul will take them out. The body heals when it rests.

As for the officiating, I think that the Mavs will be in for a surprise because what they got away with in game 2 will not be allowed in game 3.

BTW- a begrudging 'thanks' to Reggie Miller for putting the idea of a Mav trying to take out a Spur on the radar. It should help the Spurs.

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Reggie Miller, in the broadcast before game two, said that if Parker took another hit on his bruised thigh that it could well put him out of the game. He also said the Mavs will definitley be trying to put a hit on him. This is simply coming from the perspective of a guy who's played the game and knows what players think and do. You think it's an accident Parker and Ginobili have been taking all these shots. The hip Artest threw into Parker causing the hip strain is a good example.

Now if Diop takes an excessive foul on Manu and puts him on his ass making him lame for the next game Spurs shoulld just be nice guys right. Fuck that.

Dallas has a history of laying out our scoring 2 guard is the playoffs, yes?

When Manu landed on his back, I had de je vu all over again.

Fuck Dallas!!!

The Spurs need to match Dallas' physicality and put Howard on his ass too.

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 10:08 AM
it would if you posted it in there

Suck my balls. Just because there is a mentionof Spurs having some rest, does not mean that this observation belongs in that thread, this has nothing to do with that article....damn, you are dumber than you write.

picnroll
05-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Anybody want to guess what that bitch Cuban would be saying if Nazr laid out Howard or Harris the way Diop laid out Manu?

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Anybody want to guess what that bitch Cuban would be saying if Nazr laid out Howard or Harris the way Diop laid out Manu?

Well most owners chodes would explode. As Cuban is chode he would not say anything, he'd just go: :smchode:

Sportcamper
05-11-2006, 10:25 AM
While I know that fans all over the nation are mourning the Lakers elimination from the play-offs... :depressed At least we can be happy that the Spurs will finally get more television coverage and a more favorable schedule.... :smokin

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ca/Leslie_170_020730.jpg

Shank
05-11-2006, 10:44 AM

You must not watch a lot of hockey.

But listen to your fellow fan there - wanting injuries is low class.

picnroll
05-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Talk to Diop and your former boy Juwan Howard.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Talk to Diop and your former boy Juwan Howard.and then let manu know to control his flying elbows and flailing arms.

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 12:53 PM
and then let manu know to control his flying elbows and flailing arms.

Manu has never put someone out of the game./ He hand hitting Ron Artest was incidental, because they were both going for the ball and Artest got his face where it does not belong.

Shag off!!!

fyatuk
05-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Manu has never put someone out of the game./ He hand hitting Ron Artest was incidental, because they were both going for the ball and Artest got his face where it does not belong.

Shag off!!!

And, it was incidental. And when Artest took a cheap shot in retaliation didn't it piss you off?

It's one thing to foul someone solidly within the game, it's a whole 'nother thing when your talking about TRYING to injure someone. That's just bush.

I'd rather see the Spurs lose then see them taking cheap shots with the intent to injure. That would go against what the organization stands for.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:08 PM
And, it was incidental. And when Artest took a cheap shot in retaliation didn't it piss you off?

It's one thing to foul someone solidly within the game, it's a whole 'nother thing when your talking about TRYING to injure someone. That's just bush.
Artest was obviously not trying to injure Manu with that forearm, it was just a "I caught an elbow in the mouth from you, knock it off" forearm. Had Artest been trying to injure Manu, Manu would be watching round 2 from the sidelines.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:09 PM

Shag off!!!Manu has put people out of the game. I recall him flopping on a certain Phx player last year and ending his season early. He didn't do it on purpose, but his careless flailing around and his flopping theatrics caused an injury.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Manu has put people out of the game. I recall him flopping on a certain Phx player last year and ending his season early. He didn't do it on purpose, but his careless flailing around and his flopping theatrics caused an injury.

Take your brain meds, cause last i checked it was THIS year, and Barbosa is doing fine.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Take your brain meds, cause last i checked it was THIS year, and Barbosa is doing fine.Yes, but the previous poster said Manu has NEVER put anyone out of a game.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Yes, but the previous poster said Manu has NEVER put anyone out of a game.

Yeah but you said he ended his season early.

fyatuk
05-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Artest was obviously not trying to injure Manu with that forearm, it was just a "I caught an elbow in the mouth from you, knock it off" forearm. Had Artest been trying to injure Manu, Manu would be watching round 2 from the sidelines.

Yeah, I meant the obviously intentional that had no part of the game thing on that. Didn't mean to imply Artest was trying to injure Manu when it was obvious it was just an attention getter.

picnroll
05-11-2006, 01:21 PM
You call it just "hard fouls" when someone drives to the basket. Well those "hard fouls" have lead to bumps and bruises that have left Parker and Ginobili less effective. I want to see some hard fouls like Diop and Dampier are serving up when Spurs drive to the basket. Spurs haven't had anybody that would do what Diop and Dampier do on a regular basis since Willis left.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah but you said he ended his season early.And I also said last year in that same sentence. Reading does wonders.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I meant the obviously intentional that had no part of the game thing on that.I get what you are saying now, but I still have no idea what this sentence means, at all. I can't read it without saying huh????

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 01:24 PM
And I also said last year in that same sentence. Reading does wonders.

He didn't injure a suns player last year, thus ending his season early.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:24 PM
You call it just "hard fouls" when someone drives to the basket. Well those "hard fouls" have lead to bumps and bruises that have left Parker and Ginobili less effective. I want to see some hard fouls like Diop and Dampier are serving up when Spurs drive to the basket. Spurs haven't had anybody that would do what Diop and Dampier do on a regular basis since Willis left.That is a much better solution than to whine about it. I'd love to see Duncan throw Dirk down on a drive to the basket.

picnroll
05-11-2006, 01:27 PM

Last year in the playoffs Manu took a similar cheap hit to Artest's and ended up with a strained neck/shoulder that limited his effectiveness the next couple of games. You'r painting Artest's shot as a little love tap that didn't have any potential to cause injury is a little bit of BS.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:27 PM
He didn't injure a suns player last year, thus ending his season early.
I thought the injury to Barbosa was near the end of the season, I could be wrong. Regardless, his flopping took Barbosa out for 3 weeks.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Last year in the playoffs Manu took a similar cheap hit to Artest's and ended up with a strained neck/shoulder that limited his effectiveness the next couple of games. You'r painting Artest's shot as a little love tap that didn't have any potential to cause injury is a little bit of BS.
Cry me a fucking river. Manu himself said it didn't hurt. Sounds like Artest's forearm hurt you more than Manu.

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes, but the previous poster said Manu has NEVER put anyone out of a game.

Who said it was a flop????

Manu got hit, he went backwards, the guy picked up a charge. Barbosa happened to be behind Manu, that was just bad luck on his part. Manu was not given a fine, he was not given a foul even....he picked up the charge...that is good basketball. It is not injuring a player with a flagrant foul, like what happened to Manu on Tuesday.

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Cry me a fucking river. Manu himself said it didn't hurt. Sounds like Artest's forearm hurt you more than Manu.

Artest got hit my Manu's hand, not his elbow.

Get it right.

picnroll
05-11-2006, 01:30 PM
No it didn't hurt, doesn't mean it didn't have the potential to. Artest deliberately put a hip into Parker on a drive. That sure as hell hurt and still is hurting.

picnroll
05-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Manu didn't even see Barbosa behind him. Weak.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Who said it was a flop????

Barbosa sure thought it was a flop....................."Ginobili always likes to flop," Barbosa told The Arizona Republic. "Nobody even touched him."

"He jost flopped. That's why I feel sad to hurt myself like that," he added. "I wish I could have hurt myself in another way."

KingsFanWithoutName
05-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Artest got hit my Manu's hand, not his elbow.

Get it right.
This has no relevance to what you quoted from me.

pache100
05-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Barbosa sure thought it was a flop....................."Ginobili always likes to flop," Barbosa told The Arizona Republic. "Nobody even touched him."

"He jost flopped. That's why I feel sad to hurt myself like that," he added. "I wish I could have hurt myself in another way."

Barbosa was a whiner on that one. It was NOT a flop (did you actually SEE the play?). I wish he'd gotten hurt another way, too...has anyone else ever heard of anybody saying they wish they'd hurt themelves?

http://i2.tinypic.com/xpse0z.gif

shelshor
05-11-2006, 01:42 PM
In the aftermath of Finley losing it and attacking Bowen a couple of years ago, Cuban offered to pay any Mavs player's fine if he'd deliberately rake Bowen's face with the ball and put him out of the game
I'd say that's a fair indication of what Cuban would do

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 01:44 PM

Manu picked up the charge on the play.

Nuff said.

pache100
05-11-2006, 01:47 PM
In the aftermath of Finley losing it and attacking Bowen a couple of years ago, Cuban offered to pay any Mavs player's fine if he'd deliberately rake Bowen's face with the ball and put him out of the game
I'd say that's a fair indication of what Cuban would do

How much do you think Cuban paid Erick Dampier for this one?

http://i1.tinypic.com/xpsh9z.jpg

Two-fer gotta be worth a lot, especially if you don't even get a foul called...you think that was a separate dare or part of the original?

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Meh, if it wasn't for the fucked up scheduling of playing 3 playoff games in 5 days, we wouldn't have lost game 2.

LOL

Dallas has a history of laying out our scoring 2 guard is the playoffs, yes?

When Manu landed on his back, I had de je vu all over again.

Fuck Dallas!!!

The Spurs need to match Dallas' physicality and put Howard on his ass too.

WTF?? Diop did nothing but go for the ball...

Wow, when the Sac reporter wrote something similar this place went crazy about what a scumbag the writer was...

boutons_
05-11-2006, 02:36 PM
"3 playoff games in 5 days"

First, the Spurs can't play well on B2Bs all season,

And now they can't play every other day in the playoffs.

Then with Sunday afternoon, Monday, and Tue to rest, they still show up tired in Game2 of the WC Finals.

For the Spurs homers, it's our poor little Spurs getting screwed over.

For the opponents, these Champions are tired, soft, unChampion-like, and beatable.

Go Spurs Go. :)

T Park
05-11-2006, 02:51 PM
And I also said last year in that same sentence. Reading does wonders.

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 03:50 PM
WTF?? Diop did nothing but go for the ball...

Yeah, go for the ball, when the player is in mid air and left unprotected, riight. He got a foul called against him, because he got no ball at all. The game was a blowout, he had no reason to take out the player when he was up that high in the air, under those circumstances....Fuck your dirty team with it's dirty history in the playoffs.

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, go for the ball, when the player is in mid air and left unprotected, riight.

Uhhh...so in the NBA, players don't try to block shots or layups if the other guy is in the air?? What are you talking about??

He got a foul called against him, because he got no ball at all.

True...how many times does this happen during a game? A dozen maybe? Not getting ball doesn't make it dirty. I'm sorry dude, but there was nothing DIRTY about that play.

The game was a blowout, he had no reason to take out the player when he was up that high in the air, under those circumstances.....

11:45 of the 3rd quarter is far from a game that was over. I guess he should've just let Manu drive on in for a layup??? Nobody has ever made up 20 pts in a HALF right??? :hat

Any player other than the overly dramatic Manu probably wouldn't have landed flat on his ass...

Fuck your dirty team with it's dirty history in the playoffs.

The Mavs are a dirty playoff team?? That's a new one...

MadDog73
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
For the Spurs homers, it's our poor little Spurs getting screwed over.

I'm just saying, why the fuck are we praising David Stern?!?

Of course I'm going to make excuses for the Spurs. Otherwise, they just suck, and no one wants to admit that...

leemajors
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Uhhh...so in the NBA, players don't try to block shots or layups if the other guy is in the air?? What are you talking about??

True...how many times does this happen during a game? A dozen maybe? Not getting ball doesn't make it dirty. I'm sorry dude, but there was nothing DIRTY about that play.

11:45 of the 3rd quarter is far from a game that was over. I guess he should've just let Manu drive on in for a layup??? Nobody has ever made up 20 pts in a HALF right??? :hat

Any player other than the overly dramatic Manu probably wouldn't have landed flat on his ass...

The Mavs are a dirty playoff team?? That's a new one...

you do remember juwan howard's takedown of derek anderson right? not saying it's enough to justify that remark, but it was a very dirty play.

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 04:48 PM
you do remember juwan howard's takedown of derek anderson right? not saying it's enough to justify that remark, but it was a very dirty play.

Wow, ONE play by a guy that was with the Mavs for the equivalent of one season...

I guess that's enough to call the Mavs a dirty playoff team... :smokin

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Wow, ONE play by a guy that was with the Mavs for the equivalent of one season...

I guess that's enough to call the Mavs a dirty playoff team... :smokin

2 plays now. The one by Diop and the one by Howard.

Dirty Dallas Dirty dirty dirty......

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 05:01 PM
2 plays now. The one by Diop and the one by Howard.

Dirty Dallas Dirty dirty dirty......

LMAO...now I know you're not being serious...

Jimcs50
05-11-2006, 05:10 PM
LMAO...now I know you're not being serious...

:angel

I just feel like talking shit today...I am bored and ready for game 3.

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 05:51 PM
:angel

I just feel like talking shit today...I am bored and ready for game 3.

hehehe, this 4 game wait after getting crushed has got to be driving Spurs fans crazy :lol

Spurs need the rest though...