PDA

View Full Version : Rip got robbed

himat
05-11-2006, 02:40 PM
The guy doesn't get a single vot? He's a better defender than chauncey, and he doesn't get a single vote? Piston fans and any others who have seen many piston games should see rip's much better D he's not the same 1 demensional player from washington. I'm really ticked off now. :madrun :cuss

T-Pain
05-11-2006, 02:41 PM
lebron got robbed

ducks
I am really ticked off that ben wallace got the d award this year and not bowen
but I take the ring instead

ducks
lebron got robbed
I DID NOT ROB HIM :angel

fraga
05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
:violin

himat
05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
I am really ticked off that ben wallace got the d award this year and not bowen
but I take the ring instead

:nope

boutons_
05-11-2006, 02:46 PM
this the Spurs forum, not the Rip Hamilton Didn't Win forum

1Parker1
05-11-2006, 02:47 PM
The guy doesn't get a single vot? He's a better defender than chauncey, and he doesn't get a single vote? Piston fans and any others who have seen many piston games should see rip's much better D he's not the same 1 demensional player from washington. I'm really ticked off now. :madrun :cuss

:lol You're the first person I've heard who has thinks Rip's defense >>> Billups defense.

JamStone
05-11-2006, 02:49 PM
WGAF Forum

That coming from a Pistons fan.

1Parker1
05-11-2006, 02:53 PM
WGAF Forum

That coming from a Pistons fan.

:lol Seriously, I wonder if these accolades even mean anything to the players...

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 03:02 PM
pistons....err.....nba forum

bdubya
05-11-2006, 03:37 PM

I hear you, totally. It's amazing how deep us Pistons fans gotta dig to find something to bitch about, isn't it? Me, I'm contemplating a rant about not being able to update my sig with win #6 while the sigs are disabled; that's about the biggest beef I can come up with today.

himat
05-11-2006, 04:16 PM
pistons....err.....nba forum

sorry about that.

FreshPrince22
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM
:lol You're the first person I've heard who has thinks Rip's defense >>> Billups defense.

Make me the 2nd. Rip's D is very underrated. He is rather Bowen-esque when he wants to be. Did you hear guys like Wade and Michael Redd bitching about being held and bumped? I got a kick out of it :lol

Dunc
05-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Make me the 2nd. Rip's D is very underrated. He is rather Bowen-esque when he wants to be. Did you hear guys like Wade and Michael Redd bitching about being held and bumped? I got a kick out of it :lol

Watching Rip play defense is a pleasure now. He's a fighter on defense, and not a liability.

RON ARTEST
05-11-2006, 04:57 PM
bowen-esque? hes good but lets not get carried away. but i dont care because Artest is a better defender then both of them.

FreshPrince22
05-11-2006, 05:27 PM
bowen-esque? hes good but lets not get carried away. but i dont care because Artest is a better defender then both of them.

Bowen-esque as in the style of defense. Uses quickness and little tricks rather than being extra physical (Artest) or using length (Tayshaun). I think when he really focuses on it he can have a similar impact, but Rip spends a lot of his energy running around screens on the offensive end so he can't do it consistantly.

JamStone
05-11-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't think Rip Hamilton is among the best perimeter defenders in the league, but he's had his moments. And, I know what FreshPrince22 is trying to say about being Bowen-esque. Rip has a way of getting on players' nerves when he defends them. He does all those little things that get irritating, including playing chest to chest and clutching and grabbing just like Bruce does, just not as good.

But, again Rip has had his moments:

1. Ricky Davis went scoreless, 0-8 from the field in 45 minutes of play earlier in the season agianst Rip Hamilton

2. Dwyane Wade has struggled against Rip most of the season. In fact, in the one game Miami won against Detroit when Wade went off in the fourth quarter, Wade was being defended by Tayshaun. Wade went 3-15 from the field in the third regular season match-up, primarily being defended by Rip and Dwyane Wade.

3. In game 1 of the Milwaukee-Detroit series, Mike Redd was 4-15 against Rip and admitted he had become frustrated with Rip's defense.

Now, Rip won't lock people down every single game, but he does have his moments. He does have his share of good defensive games. I don't think he always excels at defense, but he has improved and he has come to the point where he can be counted on to make stops on good and even great offensive players.

Pistons < Spurs
05-11-2006, 08:20 PM
It's very obvious that Rip has made a concerted effort in improving his defense. Each year that he's been with the Pistons, I've seen him get better.

Yes, I think he at least deserved a couple of votes, but NO way I'd say he did a better job then Chauncey.

Maybe next year!

Darrin
05-12-2006, 03:40 AM
:lol Seriously, I wonder if these accolades even mean anything to the players...

They shouldn't. This year cemented it for me - I have no interest in the awards now. It's a dog and pony show.

SlovenianGuy
05-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Wade went 3-15 from the field in the third regular season match-up, primarily being defended by Rip and Dwyane Wade. :lol