PDA

View Full Version : Small Victories (For Now)

Nbadan
05-11-2006, 04:45 PM
It's official: Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-TX) has announced he will resign from Congress June 9. A copy of his resignation letter was acquired by RAW STORY.

WASHINGTON - Congressman Tom DeLay (R-Sugar Land) today delivered the following letter to the Speaker of the House announcing his intention to resign his seat in the U.S. House of Representatives effective June 9, 2006. The text of the letter follows.

The Honorable J. Dennis Hastert
Speaker
U.S. House of Representatives
The Capitol Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

Dear Mr. Speaker:

It has been a great privilege, a high honor, and one of my most treasured personal pleasures to have served with you and our colleagues in the U.S. House of Representatives for more than twenty-one years. You have been a stellar example for our nation of personal courage and steadfast conviction, and I thank you for your leadership of this great institution as well as for your personal friendship.

As you are aware, I have recently made the decision to pursue new opportunities to engage in the important cultural and political battles of our day from an arena outside of the U.S. House of Representatives. As a result, I am informing you of my intention to formally resign as the representative of the 22nd Congressional District of Texas to be effective at the close of business on June 9, 2006.

May God continue to bless you, the President, this great institution and its Members, and our nation.

Sincerely,

Tom DeLay
Member of Congress

Rawstory (http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/DeLay_notifies_Speaker_of_House_he_0511.html)

xrayzebra
05-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Indicted is not proof of guilt. So why would you be fired?

CubanMustGo
05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
The common man doesn't have the luxury of being proven innocent in most jobs. You get indicted, asshole employers assume you are guilty and can you.

Yonivore
05-11-2006, 09:52 PM
I suspect if you were indicted for a crime that didn't exist, you'd be cut some slack.

DeLay will never be tried and the case will be dismissed. Where does he get his reputation back?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-11-2006, 10:13 PM
That gerrymandering smug motherfucker deserves to get boofed by moussasiou

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2006, 02:04 AM
Yes, and he'll go and chill at his house that cost God knows how much, with a beer in one hand and a hooter in the other, while thinking what to do with all the money he has, but we "won"

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Yes, and he'll go and chill at his house that cost God knows how much, with a beer in one hand and a hooter in the other, while thinking what to do with all the money he has, but we "won"

Tell that to Henry Bustamante'

:lol

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Couldn't that exact thing be said of almost any Congressman?

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Couldn't that exact thing be said of almost any Congressman?

Yeah, every Congressman has a K-Street project.

:rolleyes

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah, every Congressman has a K-Street project.

:rolleyes
Well, I was specifically talking about being gerrymandering smug motherfuckers but, yeah, there's probably more than a few that have "K-Street projects" in some form or another.

Are you going to tell me the majority of Congress isn't cozy with K Street lobbyists?

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Well, I was specifically talking about being gerrymandering smug motherfuckers but, yeah, there's probably more than a few that have "K-Street projects" in some form or another.

Are you going to tell me the majority of Congress isn't cozy with K Street lobbyists?

No, I'm saying that most Congressmen are more discreet when they put together legislation that favors a particular party donor. Delay was a pig, and he got what most pigs get.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 12:33 PM
No, I'm saying that most Congressmen are more discreet when they put together legislation that favors a particular party donor. Delay was a pig, and he got what most pigs get.
You're suggesting he was indicted for bribery. I must have missed that...

Discretion? So, it's okay if they're discreet?

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 12:46 PM
You're suggesting he was indicted for bribery. I must have missed that...

Discretion? So, it's okay if they're discreet?

Hello? money-laundering? You can dress that pig up in a dress all you want, but at the end of the day it's still a pig.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Hello? money-laundering? You can dress that pig up in a dress all you want, but at the end of the day it's still a pig.
Indicted by a crooked DA who had to fool a Grand Jury into indicting DeLay. The case is a sham and it'll be dismissed.

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Indicted by a crooked DA who had to fool a Grand Jury into indicting DeLay. The case is a sham and it'll be dismissed.

A federal judge has seen the evidence that 'crooked DA' has against Delay and has refused to dismiss the charge. Besides, we all know, well, except you, that it's just a matter of time before Delay is indicted on Federal charges involving the Abramhoff scandal.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 01:26 PM
A federal judge has seen the evidence that 'crooked DA' has against Delay and has refused to dismiss the charge. Besides, we all know, well, except you, that it's just a matter of time before Delay is indicted on Federal charges involving the Abramhoff scandal.
I've got to meet this "We all" guy one day.

Ocotillo
05-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Delay will be wearing an orange jumpsuit eventually thanks to Mr. Abramoff.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Delay will be wearing an orange jumpsuit eventually thanks to Mr. Abramoff.
Yeah, okay.

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 02:23 PM

Yeah, he outdid the dimm-o-craps again. So hang him HI! And nothing
like this will happen again, until the dimm-o-craps get into office and
then it will be okay. :lol

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Who's the worst at gerrymandering?

http://nationalatlas.gov/printable/images/preview/congdist/pagecgd109_tx2.gif

http://nationalatlas.gov/printable/images/preview/congdist/pagecgd109_pa3.gif