PDA

View Full Version : Hughes leaves Cavs after younger brother dies

Kori Ellis
05-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Hughes leaves Cavs after younger brother dies
Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers guard Larry Hughes left the team Thursday to be with his family in St. Louis following the death of his brother.

Justin Hughes, 20, died early Thursday, Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry said in a statement. Justin Hughes was born with a heart defect and had a heart transplant 10 years ago.

No timetable has been set on Larry Hughes' return to the Cavaliers.

Cleveland trails Detroit 2-0 in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Game 3 is Saturday at Cleveland.

"Right now, basketball should be the furthest thing from his mind," teammate Damon Jones said. "He has to be there for his family. They're going through a trying time right now. If he's able to get back, that's good. if he's not, were going to continue to keep him in spirit in our hearts."

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 06:45 PM
I remember hearing about his brother last year, said that was the reason he went to the NBA quickly

1Parker1
05-11-2006, 06:49 PM
:( My condolences to him and his family. 20 is too young to die.

ALVAREZ6
05-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Man that sucks. Prayers to his family, that sucks.

He was born with a heart problem and died from it, that just sucks...I hate seeing people die from things they can't control, not that I don't when other people do, but you can't do anything about that.

20 is too young to die.
That's for sure, WAY too young to die.

bdubya
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
That's tragic. I was thinking for a minute that it's a shame about the timing, but sheesh, the playoffs are still just a game; insignificant in the context.

Trainwreck2100
05-11-2006, 07:07 PM
That's tragic. I was thinking for a minute that it's a shame about the timing, but sheesh, the playoffs are still just a game; insignificant in the context.

It's not like they were going to win anyway

http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/theyareontome.gif

RON ARTEST
05-11-2006, 07:31 PM

http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/theyareontome.gif
well if anyone thought it wouldnt be a sweep before it sure as hell will be now.

mookie2001
05-11-2006, 07:48 PM
:( My condolences to him and his family. 20 is too young to die.

That's for sure, WAY too young to die.

yall have to be shitting me

1Parker1
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
yall have to be shitting me

:wtf

mookie2001
05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
I agree with yall but does it really need to be said?, TWICE, using EMOTOCONS

mookie2001
05-11-2006, 08:04 PM
the holocaust was horrible:depressed

1Parker1
05-11-2006, 08:08 PM

Shut up, Mookie.

ALVAREZ6
05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I was agreeing.

I can't agree?

Do you wanna die?

T-Pain
05-11-2006, 08:51 PM
sorry for Larry, wish him and his family the best.

bdubya
05-11-2006, 09:41 PM

I fully expected them to win one at home. I still think it's pretty likely.

Vizzini
05-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out the Hughes family in this difficult time

MaNuMaNiAc
05-11-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't get it, what is so wrong with that?? you PMSing or something?

z0sa
05-11-2006, 11:14 PM
everyone will die one day... part of living is dying...

hatam90
05-11-2006, 11:28 PM
It sucks even more especially the way they are playing, i think he should be with his family and should know that they are going to loose anyways if he is there or not.

T.F. Storm
05-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Wow, that's sad. My condolences go out to Larry and his family.

DarkReign
05-12-2006, 08:36 AM
everyone will die one day... part of living is dying...

Thank you Captain Obvious, we humbly ask for more of your insightful teachings.

Burying a brother....I dont even want to think about that. To the Hughes family :salute

Spurologist
05-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Wow. My condolences out the Hughes and his family. I'd hate for a cavalier player to say, "we are going to win this for Hughes' brother" Just have him in your prayers and play, if possible, the way you normally would.

alamo50
05-12-2006, 12:00 PM
:depressed

mookie2001
05-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I don't get it, what is so wrong with that?? you PMSing or something?it just pisses me off
my brother died 7 years ago when he was 19
and everyone was like "19 is so young", "he was so young"
no fucking shit

thanks for telling me that my brothers death is tragic
you can say that about anyone whos not over 65?

the worst example of this was when a poster had a miscarriage and people were POSTING EMOTOCONS

EMOTOCONS, saying how they were sorry and praying for her and everything
jesus christ

get real

Kori Ellis
05-12-2006, 02:45 PM
the worst example of this was when a poster had a miscarriage and people were POSTING EMOTOCONS

jesus christ

get real

What did you want them to do? Ignore her? I'm confused why you are upset. You don't like people expressing emotions with emoticons? Well it's a message board -- that's what people use to express emotions. They can't use their voice, their touch, their tears. It's online.

mookie2001
05-12-2006, 02:50 PM
the holocaust was horrible:depressedis this not the stupidest shit youve ever read?

anytime I look at an emotocon it just doesnt seem serious, respectful or appropriate enough to use when talking about anything but a chode, or snocone, etc...

if I die at tommorrow I can only pray some poet wont say 23 is too young to die

themvp
05-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Rest In Peace Justin.

DarkReign
05-12-2006, 03:31 PM
is this not the stupidest shit youve ever read?

anytime I look at an emotocon it just doesnt seem serious, respectful or appropriate enough to use when talking about anything but a chode, or snocone, etc...

if I die at tommorrow I can only pray some poet wont say 23 is too young to die

Shit, I cant blame ya. When my dad died, I was broken in two. Then I was chilling with the family, uncles, aunts and such.

My uncle and I went out to the car to smoke one after my dad's bitch-of-a-wife made another scene. Him and I got to talking.

My dad was the youngest of 4. sure, he wasnt 19 like your brother. I have 2 older brothers, and here I am sitting with my dad's older brother, and it hits me....

there is no funeral worse than burying a brother (maybe a child, but that...is.....it). I actually felt better knowing my dad died before me....will I carry the casket of my brother?

If I do, I will never be the same.

1Parker1
05-12-2006, 03:52 PM
it just pisses me off
my brother died 7 years ago when he was 19
and everyone was like "19 is so young", "he was so young"
no fucking shit

thanks for telling me that my brothers death is tragic
you can say that about anyone whos not over 65?

jesus christ

get real

Well, I'm sorry it bothers you. I'm not going to apologize for using an emoticion for expressing how I feel online. What do you expect people to do on an online forum besides say they're sorry, pray for them, etc.?

Anyways, this is taking a turn from the true direction this thread should be going in, so let's just drop it.