PDA

View Full Version : Garnett Demands A Trade!

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 12:50 AM
OMG! i was looking at realgm and they said they heard on sporting news radio that KG wants a trade. do you guys think its true. if it is im sure alot of teams will jump up and down like cheerleaders.

Pistons < Spurs
05-12-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm gonna assume that when you say RealGM, you're refering to the forums, and not posted as a news article. Correct?

Horry For 3!
05-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Well I don't know if it is true or not but I am sure he does want out of Minnesota

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm gonna assume that when you say RealGM, you're refering to the forums, and not posted as a news article. Correct?
yup. im not saying its true. but i wouldnt be surprised would you?

Pistons < Spurs
05-12-2006, 01:00 AM
yup. im not saying its true. but i wouldnt be surprised would you?
Actually yeah I would. I'm sure a small part of him would like to move off to a different team....but he's been so adamant about saying that he wants to stay where he is. I beleive him. I think he wants management to do a better job w/ the team, but I really do think he wasnt to continue on in Minny.

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Actually yeah I would. I'm sure a small part of him would like to move off to a different team....but he's been so adamant about saying that he wants to stay where he is. I beleive him. I think he wants management to do a better job w/ the team, but I really do think he wasnt to continue on in Minny.
hey i dont know if you already explained this or not but whats up with your screen name? arent you a pistons fan?

Pistons < Spurs
05-12-2006, 01:07 AM
hey i dont know if you already explained this or not but whats up with your screen name? arent you a pistons fan?

LOL.yeah, I'm a Piston fan. My origional screen name was Pistons > Spurs. During last years finals, I said that if the Pistons lose I would change my name to Pistons < Spurs.....and as you know, we lost. You better beleive I'm looking forward to a rematch!
:lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2006, 01:15 AM
gino+tp+nazr 4 mccants+KG

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 01:22 AM
LOL.yeah, I'm a Piston fan. My origional screen name was Pistons > Spurs. During last years finals, I said that if the Pistons lose I would change my name to Pistons < Spurs.....and as you know, we lost. You better beleive I'm looking forward to a rematch!
:lmao :lmao

Trainwreck2100
05-12-2006, 01:31 AM

yeah, that's stupid

J.T.
05-12-2006, 01:33 AM

What if there isn't a rematch?

Pistons < Spurs
05-12-2006, 01:35 AM
What if there isn't a rematch?

Then the name stays as it is...... :depressed

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Then the name stays as it is...... :depressed
even if the pistons win it all? which they will by the way. i hope the spurs win but the pistons are better by a mile.

J.T.
05-12-2006, 02:20 AM
even if the pistons win it all? which they will by the way. i hope the spurs win but the pistons are better by a mile.

I wouldn't count your chickens yet. If anyone in this playoffs has a chance at beating the Pistons, it's the Spurs. A rematch would be nothing short of kick ass.

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-12-2006, 02:57 AM

All that vbookie cash if it happens...possible rollover?

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 03:02 AM
I wouldn't count your chickens yet. If anyone in this playoffs has a chance at beating the Pistons, it's the Spurs. A rematch would be nothing short of kick ass.
yeah the spurs do have a chance. but having a chance doesnt mean your gonna do it. the bobcats have a chance to make the playoffs next year. do you think thats gonna happen?

J.T.
05-12-2006, 03:06 AM
yeah the spurs do have a chance. but having a chance doesnt mean your gonna do it. the bobcats have a chance to make the playoffs next year. do you think thats gonna happen?

It would be good for them if it happened.

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 03:08 AM
It would be good for them if it happened.
dont they have a ton of cap space? why dont they use it?

Louie Vega
05-12-2006, 03:16 AM
Beno-Rasho-Nazr for Garnett. If we still have Finley and van Exel next year throw them in.
Does anyone in here remember when Speedy said he wanted back in the Spurs? Will it happen. What are the chances of binging Stephen Jackson back? He even said he missed SA.

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 03:23 AM
Beno-Rasho-Nazr for Garnett. If we still have Finley and van Exel next year throw them in.
Does anyone in here remember when Speedy said he wanted back in the Spurs? Will it happen. What are the chances of binging Stephen Jackson back? He even said he missed SA.
speedy would be great for the spurs. they need some kind of energy on that team. as for jackson, hell no! he shoots way to much and is to inconsistent. pacer fans boo his ass all the time.

DarkReign
05-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Someone needs to tell KG to take a paycut. Until he does that, I dont want to hear shit about how McHale cant put a team around him.

You think, KG?! Maybe your 18 million dollar salary has something to do with it?

JamStone
05-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Kevin Garnett already took a paycut. A couple years back he extended and restructured his contract so that he makes considerably less than what he would have, similar to Shaq extending his 4 year Miami contract to 5 years so that he makes $20 million per year instead of $25 million per year. Garnett did the same thing, so the Timberwolves could work out trade deals and free agent acquisitions at the time. The only way a player can take a paycut is either restructuring their deal or organizing a buyout and then playing for something like the MLE or the veteran minimum. And, if a player does negotiate a buyout, I think (I'm not 100% sure) that player cannot sign with the team he just got bought out from. So, it would have to be restructuring again, but that means adding more years to the current contract. Doesn't make much sense for either side.

Anyway, if KG were to ever demand a trade from Minnesota, I can only see four places he would go: New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons, Chicago Bulls, and LA Lakers.

Knicks because it's the mecca of basketball and he would be an even bigger superstar there, as well as the "savior" of Knicks basketball.

Detroit because of his ties with Flip Saunders and his close friendships with guys like Chauncey Billups and Mo Evans.

Chicago because it's his hometown and they not only currently have cap space to afford him, but the young talent and draft picks to trade in return.

And, LA Lakers because of Kobe Bryant and the history of the team, not to mention he lives there in the summertime.

If he were to be traded this summer, the most viable place is probably to the LA Lakers.

Spurologist
05-12-2006, 10:54 AM

http://mahopa.de/bilder/funny-forum-pictures/lol.jpg

RON ARTEST
05-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Kevin Garnett already took a paycut. A couple years back he extended and restructured his contract so that he makes considerably less than what he would have, similar to Shaq extending his 4 year Miami contract to 5 years so that he makes $20 million per year instead of $25 million per year. Garnett did the same thing, so the Timberwolves could work out trade deals and free agent acquisitions at the time. The only way a player can take a paycut is either restructuring their deal or organizing a buyout and then playing for something like the MLE or the veteran minimum. And, if a player does negotiate a buyout, I think (I'm not 100% sure) that player cannot sign with the team he just got bought out from. So, it would have to be restructuring again, but that means adding more years to the current contract. Doesn't make much sense for either side.

Anyway, if KG were to ever demand a trade from Minnesota, I can only see four places he would go: New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons, Chicago Bulls, and LA Lakers.

Knicks because it's the mecca of basketball and he would be an even bigger superstar there, as well as the "savior" of Knicks basketball.

Detroit because of his ties with Flip Saunders and his close friendships with guys like Chauncey Billups and Mo Evans.

Chicago because it's his hometown and they not only currently have cap space to afford him, but the young talent and draft picks to trade in return.

And, LA Lakers because of Kobe Bryant and the history of the team, not to mention he lives there in the summertime.

If he were to be traded this summer, the most viable place is probably to the LA Lakers.
i dont think the lakers would have anything the T-wolves would want. odom isnt enough. and earlier this year i heard a rumor that the pistons were thinking of trading darko and rasheed for KG. but they already traded darko to orlando so thats out of the question. rasheed still isnt enough. the only places i can see him going is indiana or chicago. why the hell would he want to go to new york. they are more of a mess then the team hes on now. that would be the biggest mistake of his whole career.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I heard it too.

I predict that he's going to the Windy City.

George W Bush
05-12-2006, 11:12 PM
http://mahopa.de/bilder/funny-forum-pictures/lol.jpg

Manny?
That you?