PDA

View Full Version : Bush Cause of All World's Problems

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Well, here is a column from today's E-N from one of our most distinguished
professors (associate of political science actually) at UTSA. I wonder why he wants to stay here in the United
States since it is such a terrible place. I would think he would feel quite
at home since his native Libya is run by a dictator. And just think he
is the one teaching our young people in a totally impartial way, I'm sure.

Mansour El-Kikhia: Failings of Bush have world living in fear

Web Posted: 05/12/2006 12:00 AM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

A colleague returned from Paris last week and was struck by the militarization of Europe.

Fear of terrorism has put a soldier on every platform at rail stations and every gate at airports. And, as usual, the individuals pulled out of a line or stopped for random searches are people of color or Arabs. One can see the silent anger on their faces. They can't protest because new laws give security services the right to deny any foreigner, particularly "undesirable foreigners," entry or to deport them on the spot. Indeed, in many instances, those held are verbally or physically provoked with the full knowledge they can't respond.

The same is true at U.S. points of entry and airports. Travelers must look somber and mustn't joke about anything remotely connected to security. Travel by air necessitates the removal of belts, shoes, handbags, wallets, jewelry, loose change, keys and anything else with metal to ensure it doesn't set off an alarm.

I suppose this is an inconvenience people have to put up with, in spite of the fact that this "war on terror" nonsense has been blown out of proportion. Americans and Europeans fail to see that their civil liberties and freedoms have been slowly eroding, and nothing does this better than being in a constant state of fabricated fear.

Those who criticize the president are right on the mark. This has been one of America's most ignorant, arrogant and foolish administrations. Finally, Americans are waking up to the fact that their country is being run incompetently. But, unfortunately, the deed is done and the union has never been in more dire straits.

Every time I turn on the television or read a paper and see the state of world affairs, the catastrophe in Iraq, the death, the mayhem and destruction, I feel that Bush and his gang need to be brought up on some sort of charges before an international court. What they have done to humanity is nothing short of criminal. The world is lucky this cabal wasn't in power during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

But let's forget the world and look only at America.

The first catastrophe is the undermining of the checks and balances that have kept the political system sound for so many years. No one should blame the president for this but Congress, which has turned into the most effete, rotten and repugnant of political bodies. It reminds me of Moammar Gadhafi's or Saddam Hussein's "parliaments," where lots of hot air is generated, but no one has the courage to say the truth to protect the people. On the contrary, it passes laws that rob them of their freedoms, liberty and wealth.

But perhaps the most dangerous of the emerging changes is the militarization of the American state. The secretary of defense and Pentagon have succeeded in neutralizing other agencies they see as competitors. Where are the State Department and Condoleezza Rice now, and who takes American diplomats seriously anymore?

The CIA has been handed to the Pentagon. Its new proposed director is a three-star general who no longer reports to the president but to his superior in the Department of Homeland Security. What a coup to eliminate the CIA by first blaming the agency for providing erroneous information on Iraq after rejecting its conclusion that Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction.

Where are the National Security Council and adviser who supposedly has the ear of the president? Has anyone heard a peep from them lately?

The Supreme Court has emerged into a giant rubber-stamp to validate decisions made by the executive branch. The president needn't be afraid to bring any domestic spying, wiretapping or constitutional abuses cases before the body.

However, the most dismal showing is reserved for the media. By their silence, cowardice and unwillingness to take this administration to task, they are promoting this environment of fear and the militarization of America.

[email protected]
Online at: http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/columnists/melkikhia/stories/MYSA051206.2O.mansour.20c45993.html

================================================== =======

I guess it is Bush's fault that Europe has taken precautions against the
terrorist. If Bush is so inept, dumb, stupid, crooked, deceitful, have I
left anything out, how in the world does he manage to get all these
leaders of the world to do these things? Now I know Clinton is suppose
to have been the most honorable, honest, capable, feeling President of
all times, but he couldn't get do dilly squat done about people blowing
things up.

Vashner
05-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Agree this article is twisted into bullshit.

Make islamic blow up terroists look like hero's against the evil bush..

This guy is Al Queda friendly just like Dan and Boutons.

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 12:42 PM
I have to say, I don't disagree with Mansour El-Kikhia's article at all. The war on Terror has been blown out of proportion, domestically. What happened to those 5000 Al-Queda sympathizers who were supposed to strap bombs to them at the beginning of the war? Maybe the real reason we haven't had any more terra attacks domestically since 911 is because the Bush administration hyped the level of the threat in the first place? Even the anthrax panic a couple years ago appear to be the work of a disgruntled Bush supporter who wanted to hype the level of terra threat.

So, 5 years later and people are finally catching on about just how needlessly this war has been hyped by the administration, but according to Bush apologist like Vashner anyone who writes about this obvious fact is a Al-Queda sympathizer. Hitler would have been proud.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I have to say, I don't disagree with Mansour El-Kikhia's article at all. The war on Terror has been blown out of proportion, domestically. What happened to those 5000 Al-Queda sympathizers who were supposed to strap bombs to them at the beginning of the war?
11 Lashkar-e-Taeba terrorists arrested in US (http://www.pakistan-facts.com/article.php?story=20030627174524631)
7 terrorists arrested in U.S. (http://www.hinduonnet.com/2003/06/28/stories/2003062805100100.htm)
Terrorists Arrested In Miami (http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?ItemID=9299)
Four terrorists arrested in terror conspiracy (http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/kouri/050903)
Suspected terrorists arrested in Ohio (http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2006/s1575440.htm)

That's just the first few links in a google search for "terrorists arrested in US."

Maybe the real reason we haven't had any more terra attacks domestically since 911 is because the Bush administration hyped the level of the threat in the first place?
Maybe the real reason is that, in spite of leftist efforts to thwart the administration, the NSA programs are working.

Even the anthrax panic a couple years ago appear to be the work of a disgruntled Bush supporter who wanted to hype the level of terra threat.
Care to elaborate?

So, 5 years later and people are finally catching on about just how needlessly this war has been hyped by the administration, but according to Bush apologist like Vashner anyone who writes about this obvious fact is a Al-Queda sympathizer. Hitler would have been proud.
You're an al Qaeda sympathizer.

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 01:02 PM
I have to say, I don't disagree with Mansour El-Kikhia's article at all. The war on Terror has been blown out of proportion, domestically. What happened to those 5000 Al-Queda sympathizers who were supposed to strap bombs to them at the beginning of the war? Maybe the real reason we haven't had any more terra attacks domestically since 911 is because the Bush administration hyped the level of the threat in the first place? Even the anthrax panic a couple years ago appear to be the work of a disgruntled Bush supporter who wanted to hype the level of terra threat.

The war on terror has been blown out of proportion. Tell you what dan,
do you want to meet someone who was in the WTC on 9/11 and survived.
How would you like to tell them that to their face? 3000 lives mean
nothing to you, you are, really are, pardon me, but a dumb shit. In the
true since of the word. Pardon the curse word.

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 01:05 PM
11 Lashkar-e-Taeba terrorists arrested in US
7 terrorists arrested in U.S.
Terrorists Arrested In Miami
Four terrorists arrested in terror conspiracy
Suspected terrorists arrested in Ohio

In almost each one of the cases the evidence was so weak it was almost ludicrious.

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 01:07 PM
In almost each one of the cases the evidence was so weak it was almost ludicrious.

I repeat me earlier post: you are so wrong that it hurts and such a
dumb shit. :depressed

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 01:10 PM
The war on terror has been blown out of proportion. Tell you what dan,
do you want to meet someone who was in the WTC on 9/11 and survived.
How would you like to tell them that to their face? 3000 lives mean
nothing to you, you are, really are, pardon me, but a dumb shit. In the
true since of the word. Pardon the curse word.

First of all it, was 2948 victims, at least I care enough about them to get the number right.

Second of all, I think even they would be disgusted that we attacked a country that had minimal to no involvement with the organization that carried out the attack that led to their deaths.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 01:36 PM
First of all it, was 2948 victims, at least I care enough about them to get the number right.
Talk about being preposterous.

Truth be told, those 2,948 victims had families. I wonder how many of them "died" in spirit that day. Or worse, actually dropped dead of heart attacks, or grief, or broken hearts.

I think 3,000 was a conservative estimate. You're just being an asshole pretending you care about anybody affected that day.

Second of all, I think even they would be disgusted that we attacked a country that had minimal to no involvement with the organization that carried out the attack that led to their deaths.
I'd be a little miffed if we'd of invaded Iraq on the basis that they had a direct involvement in the September 11th attacks, (which may turn out to be the case -- but, I'll grant, that wasn't known at the time we invaded).

But, that's not the case. So, I'm thinking none of the 2,948 victims would be disgusted...Casey Sheehan, on the other hand, is probably turning over in his grave.

Betsy
05-12-2006, 01:40 PM

Well I was a survivor and the only bad thing I had to say to bush was what took you so long. And those bastards were nothing but cowards and enjoyed killing themselves to kill others, all innocent others. And those cowards were involved in many countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and probably many others. They attacked us many years earlier also before 9/11 so that figure of 2948 isn't correct either because there was others before that.
So you mights as well stick that up you ass and if I do ever meet you I will probably slug for not sticking up for your country. No matter who the president is you should stand behind him because he is standing up for America.

Mr. Peabody
05-12-2006, 01:49 PM
So you mights as well stick that up you ass and if I do ever meet you I will probably slug for not sticking up for your country. No matter who the president is you should stand behind him because he is standing up for America.

:jack

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Well I was a survivor and the only bad thing I had to say to bush was what took you so long. And those bastards were nothing but cowards and enjoyed killing themselves to kill others, all innocent others. And those cowards were involved in many countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and probably many others. They attacked us many years earlier also before 9/11 so that figure of 2948 isn't correct either because there was others before that.

The 911 Commission found no link between al-Queda-Saddam-Iraq-Bin Laden prior to 911, but if you have other evidence that the 911 Commission may have ignored, you are welcome to post it here.

I have deep sympathy to the 911 families, many of which have refused to go along with our government's attempted bribery to silence them and kill any real investigation. The government has does everything legally possible to stifle the families investigation into the circumstance revolving around 911.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 01:54 PM
The 911 Commission found no link between al-Queda-Saddam-Iraq-Bin Laden prior to 911, but if you have other evidence that the 911 Commission may have ignored, you are welcome to post it here.
Are you not paying attention? That's not what the 911 commission concluded at all.

There have been numerous documents translated since the 911 commission report that demonstrate an al Qaeda/Iraqi relationship going back as far as 1998.

I have deep sympathy to the 911 families, many of which have refused to go along with our government's attempted bribery to silence them and kill any real investigation. The government has does everything legally possible to stifle the families investigation into the circumstance revolving around 911.
Do you feel stifled by the government Betsy?

Mr. Peabody
05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Do you feel stifled by the government Betsy?

Warning: Logical fallacy about to take place.

Nbadan
05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Are you not paying attention? That's not what the 911 commission concluded at all.

There have been numerous documents translated since the 911 commission report that demonstrate an al Qaeda/Iraqi relationship going back as far as 1998.

:rolleyes

A very superficial relationship. No one has provided any evidence that Saddam provided financial, logistical, strategic, or any other type of aid to Al-Queda involving 911.

mookie2001
05-12-2006, 02:00 PM
I think its hilarious that the only people who ever say bush is responsible for all of our problems are Republicans saying it sarcastically
over
and over
and over
again

remember after katrina when the neocons busted their chodes telling us how Bush cant control the weather?

hilarious

the only thing funnier is when a neocon argues against free speech and will ALWAYS WITHOUT A DOUBT say that you cant yell fire in a crowded theatre!
ROFL

Betsy
05-12-2006, 02:01 PM

I don't give a damn about the 911 commission because they are full of shit also. I dive a damn about our goverment and our president and those of us that did go through it. So again stick it up your ass.
And if you ever want to meet me....just say so

mookie2001
05-12-2006, 02:03 PM
alright I'll meet you at the Paggi House on Lamar Blvd in Austin Texas

Mr. Peabody
05-12-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't give a damn about the 911 commission because they are full of shit also. I dive a damn about our goverment and our president and those of us that did go through it. So again stick it up your ass.
And if you ever want to meet me....just say so

So everybody is full of shit except for the government and our president...? It's because they really do have our best interests at heart, right.

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 02:06 PM
alright I'll meet you at the Paggi House on Lamar Blvd in Austin Texas

You really don't want to meet this lady with your attitude, dude. She will
duke you, and you will know it. But she will do it to your face and not
bitch slapping she endured on 9/11.

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 02:13 PM

dan, this is the same 9/11 where Burglar, the pants stuffer appeared, right?
You know the guy who covered up for Clinton, right?

About me getting the number straight. You met the lady I was referring to.
I gave her a call and thought she might have something to say to you. You
deserve all the credit you can get. She was there, she saw both towers
come down, she saw the bodies that hit the ground. You really don't want
to meet her with your attitude either. And she received no compensation
for her ordeal, so don't go there either. She really has a great deal of
feelings for the families that suffered loses. Much of how she feels isn't
expressed in her post. But you keep on posting you crap, I will take the
word of those who have been on the front line. You keep spouting all the
spin from you little machine, I will take reality. Your post keeps showing
you for you are, a twerp!

mookie2001
05-12-2006, 02:16 PM
oh she SAW the towers fall?
congrats
she IS better than the average american then
she makes pat tillman look like fidel castro

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 02:16 PM
So everybody is full of shit except for the government and our president...? It's because they really do have our best interests at heart, right.

Another twerp wishes to express his feelings, instead of reality. And yes,
much to your interest, the government and many hard working people do have you interest at heart and your wellbeing. You like others on this
forum show you ignorance of what this world is composed of. God help you,
and your poor judgement.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
:rolleyes

A very superficial relationship. No one has provided any evidence that Saddam provided financial, logistical, strategic, or any other type of aid to Al-Queda involving 911.
Are you unable to distinguish between the two concepts of them having a significant relationship and Iraq being involved in 9/11?

Their relationship was anything but superficial and while there isn't any specific evidence (yet) pointing to directed support for 9/11, by Iraq, that doesn't mean al Qaeda didn't benefit from their relationship in ways that were detrimental to our interests.

Ocotillo
05-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Are you unable to distinguish between the two concepts of them having a significant relationship and Iraq being involved in 9/11?

Their relationship was anything but superficial and while there isn't any specific evidence (yet) pointing to directed support for 9/11, by Iraq, that doesn't mean al Qaeda didn't benefit from their relationship in ways that were detrimental to our interests.

Then we have an indirect responsbility due to our support of Bin Laden and the Muhajeen back when Russia was fighting in Afghanistan?

mookie2001
05-12-2006, 02:27 PM
oh come on take off the tinfoil hat
I guess in the liberal world the US gave bin laden money, training and weapons!

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 02:34 PM
oh she SAW the towers fall?
congrats
she IS better than the average american then
she makes pat tillman look like fidel castro

mookie, you really don't want to go there. Believe me. She doesn't
consider herself anything special, but she does have some very special
feelings about what happened on that day. Until you have walked in
someones shoes, don't put them down. I don't think she has ever expressed
herself on the subject until today. She did some years ago in the old
forum, she is no a newcomer to this forum. And then it took sometime
for her to reveal what she had experienced. But she is passionate about
her feelings.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Then we have an indirect responsbility due to our support of Bin Laden and the Muhajeen back when Russia was fighting in Afghanistan?
Nope.

The relationship between al Qaeda and Iraq was during a time when both were enemies of the U.S.

mookie2001
05-12-2006, 02:39 PM
im not scoffing her but its total bullshit if shes somehow using that to explain her conservativeness

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 02:51 PM
im not scoffing her but its total bullshit if shes somehow using that to explain her conservativeness

I'm not speaking for her. But she is not speaking about "her conservatiness".
I think she is really speaking for the fact she went through an ordeal she felt
took so many lives in such a horrible way. Well, I wont go into what she
has said about what she went through, that is her decision. Her politics has
nothing to do about how she feels about 9/11. Other peoples politics does
bother her when she has experienced what they may. But only she can
really answer that question.

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 03:50 PM
a small part of me hopes bush gets his way and all of you neocon shits will be microwaved along with the rest of us..

What a dumb statement, but typical of people like you.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 03:51 PM
a small part of me hopes bush gets his way and all of you neocon shits will be microwaved along with the rest of us..
A big part of me wishes you idiots would wise up and realize this isn't Bush against the world.

Islamo-fascists would just as soon see you dead as anyone else. Unless, of course, you're willing to convert to Islam and live under "regressive" Sharia law -- which, probably appeals to some of you "progressive" neanderthals.

Now THAT is irony peebody.

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 03:56 PM

Did you say something, or just belch. You should say excuse me.
:angel

Mr. Peabody
05-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Islamo-fascists would just as soon see you dead as anyone else. Unless, of course, you're willing to convert to Islam and live under "regressive" Sharia law -- which, probably appeals to some of you "progressive" neanderthals.

So what you're saying is that some people are so "progressive" they would be happy in a "regressive" society?

You just blew my mind. :smchode:

Now THAT is irony peebody.

Yoni, you know I love irony.

Yonivore
05-12-2006, 04:00 PM
That's too much to hope for.

Mr. Peabody
05-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Did you say something, or just belch. You should say excuse me.
:angel

:wtf You already addressed my post like a half hour ago. If you thought of something else to say after you posted (don't you hate when that happens...) you should just amend your original post and not act like you just saw my post.

xrayzebra
05-12-2006, 04:26 PM
So what you're saying is that some people are so "progressive" they would be happy in a "regressive" society?

You pretty much say what I think you feel. If someone questions your
agenda then they should just shutup and live as you dictate. Except you
don't live in a regressive society. That is what you would like to create.

Mr. Peabody
05-12-2006, 04:42 PM
You pretty much say what I think you feel.
Is this a compliment?

If someone questions youragenda then they should just shutup and live as you dictate.

Xray, we all operate that way. We all have an opinion about the way the world should be run. And yes, I do wish people would live the way I would like them to, but if they choose not to, I don't care. As long as your lifestyle doesn't hurt other people, more power to you.

Except you don't live in a regressive society. That is what you would like to create.

Not at all. Why would I want a regressive society? What have I ever said that justifies you making this comment?

While I am fairly progressive, I am not an extremist. I roll my eyes at some of the antics of the ultra-left just like you do.

Sec24Row7
05-16-2006, 07:54 AM
"Distinguished Professor" and "UTSA" don't go hand in hand.

If he was worth a shit as a proffesor or intellectual... he would be making these rediculous statements with tenure from a REAL school like so many have already.

smeagol
05-16-2006, 08:53 PM
And what about the US' support for Saddam himself? This is why the US' foreign policy has no credibility outside some neocon circles in the US.

I was in Argentina for two weeks and I was the one defending Bush against many of my friends saying that this war is all about oil.

But when one analyzes the reasons for going to war (WMDs, AQ connection, etc), it's difficult to argue the oil theory.

smeagol
05-16-2006, 08:54 PM
No matter who the president is you should stand behind him because he is standing up for America.
I could not disagree more.