PDA

View Full Version : boston will advance to play

ducks
10-08-2004, 05:16 PM
:cooldevil

dcole50
10-08-2004, 06:05 PM
the angles just tied it up thanks to a 5 run seventh.

perhaps everyone spoke too soon.

i don't think the angels will win .. but still .. could turn into a real series.

T Park
10-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Boston is probobly gonna pull it out here in the bottom of the 9th.

Anderson and Glaus totally gagged.

Foulke is not that impressive. He makes Isringhausen seem almost like a Coco Cordero.

Duff McCartney
10-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Boston is good.....FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

T Park
10-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Congrats to Boston.

Washburn totally crashed and burned these playoffs.

Thank god the Cardinals didnt trade Ankiel for him.

Jimcs50
10-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Duff, this Boston team was picked to lose to a red hot Anaheim team by most of the national sportswriters prior to the series start. What did Boston do? They were underdogs, and they went in to Anaheim and kicked ass, they scored 17 runs in two games on the road. Tonight, they came through when they had to and scored another 8 runs. This team is clutch, they can play ball better than anyone else offensively, and they have two great starting pitchers. Their infield defense is perhaps the best in the majors(3 gold glove winners in the 4 positions) You might want to poop on them, but they will win the World Series, you can bank on it. This is their year.

T Park
10-09-2004, 01:54 AM
I wouldnt say this is there year.

But Id like to know the names of the sports guys that picked Anaheim over Boston, because all the ones I heard Jim, were picking Boston.

Hell, damn near the whole nation is picking Cardinals Red Sox.

Jimcs50
10-09-2004, 09:00 AM
TPark, the Angels were pick of every one of the baseball tonight guys on ESPN, Tony Cornholer, Rob Dibble, USA Today, John Kruk, and the Houston Chronicle all picked Anaheim in 5. It is true that Anaheim was the hottest team in the Americal League the past 3 wks, and that was the basis of their picking them.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Wow. They all picked Anaheim?

Damn, they suck.

I thought Boston would win it, but in 4.

Sportcamper
10-09-2004, 12:02 PM
No team had blown a bigger lead at home in the playoffs leading up to the World Series, and as Guerrero's slam soared over the Verizon Wireless sign in front of the Red Sox bullpen, it was as if the entire Angel team was saying: "Can you hear me now?"

But it was the Red Sox and Ortiz who had the final word, crushing Angel hopes with his clutch home run...

"I'm proud of the way this team hung in there — we could have folded in the last two weeks," Percival said. "We just ran out of gas at the end, and we ran into a team that was steam-rolling."

T Park
10-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Well Jim, Rob Dibble has picked the Boston Red Sox to win it all, so I think you were mistaken there.

Kruck just missed one. It happens Jim, dont think its the world VS Boston, cause its not. :rolleyes

Ive heard alot of sports writers pick Boston over Anaheim, and I didnt hear 1 person pick Anaheim.

Yankees Red Sox all over again, and Im gonna take probobly the Red Sox in 7.

They finally defeat the ghost of Ruth.

samikeyp
10-09-2004, 02:20 PM
They finally defeat the ghost of Ruth.

not unless they win it all. I still like the Cardinals.

T Park
10-09-2004, 02:22 PM
wow Mikey, me and you agree on that 100% :)

pooh
10-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Course should the Red Sox get there they'll have homefield over the Cards or any NL team due to the victory in the All-Star game this Summer.