PDA

View Full Version : Suspension for Clifford

polandprzem
05-12-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/robinson_060512.html

NEW YORK, May 12, 2006 – The NBA announced today that Clifford Robinson of the New Jersey Nets has been suspended without pay for five games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program. Robinson’s suspension will begin with tonight’s game between the New Jersey Nets and the Miami Heat.

:pctoss

Darrin
05-12-2006, 01:37 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/robinson_060512.html

NEW YORK, May 12, 2006 – The NBA announced today that Clifford Robinson of the New Jersey Nets has been suspended without pay for five games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program. Robinson’s suspension will begin with tonight’s game between the New Jersey Nets and the Miami Heat.

:pctoss

Well, that's convienent, isn't it?

bdubya
05-12-2006, 01:51 PM
You have got to be kidding me. Uncle Cliffy's one of the few Nets I respect; I'm stunned he'd let this happen during a playoff run (assuming he's guilty, that is....)

Vizzini
05-12-2006, 01:59 PM
You have got to be kidding me. Uncle Cliffy's one of the few Nets I respect; I'm stunned he'd let this happen during a playoff run (assuming he's guilty, that is....)

With the honorable David Stern being the judge and executioner, he's all ready guilty. Its too bad, I expected more out of Uncle Cliffy. This kind of reminds me of the time when Robert Parrish got suspeneded for drugs as well.

tlongII
05-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Uncle Cliffy loves the spleef. He's been toking his entire career.

Darrin
05-12-2006, 02:10 PM

Amen. And the NBA "randomly" tests him now, when he's guarding Shaquille O'Neal in a 1-1 series? Very convienent. He's been rumored to be on smoking since his second season in Portland. What a joke.

It's like Bonds and steroids - I'm not excusing the behavior. But to come down on him when it's convienent is worse than if they did nothing.

Dunc
05-12-2006, 02:31 PM
They saved it until they needed it. Classy.

DarkReign
05-12-2006, 03:37 PM
For marijuana. What a fucking farce. What about weed is "performance enhancing"?

Nothing. Stupid rule.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-12-2006, 04:04 PM

Wow didn't see this coming :lol

Kori Ellis
05-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Amen. And the NBA "randomly" tests him now, when he's guarding Shaquille O'Neal in a 1-1 series? Very convienent. He's been rumored to be on smoking since his second season in Portland. What a joke.

I don't think he got caught on "random" testing. I believe he's a repeat violator, so he's probably in their drug program and should know he's going to get tested.

Kori Ellis
05-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Updated: Feb. 7, 2005, 6:33 PM ET
Veteran suspended five games without pay
ESPN.com news services

Clifford Robinson of the Golden State Warriors was suspended for five games without pay Tuesday for violating the NBA's drug policy.

So he is a repeat violator and he knows he's going to get tested.

He's just a selfish idiot.

Kori Ellis
05-12-2006, 04:30 PM
(A) For the first such violation, the player shall be required to enter the Marijuana Program;

(B) For the second such violation, the player shall be fined $25,000 and, if the player is not then subject to in-patient or aftercare treatment in the Marijuana Program, be required to enter the Marijuana Program;

(C) For the third such violation, the player shall be suspended for five (5) games and, if the player is not then subject to in-patient or aftercare treatment in the Marijuana Program, be required to enter the Marijuana Program; and

(D) For any subsequent violation, the player shall be suspended for five (5) games longer than his immediately preceding suspension for violating the Marijuana Program and, if the player is not then subject to in-patient or aftercare treatment in the Marijuana Program, be required to enter the Marijuana Program.

So, he's at least tested positive three times.

greyforest
05-12-2006, 05:32 PM
For marijuana. What a fucking farce. What about weed is "performance enhancing"?

Nothing. Stupid rule.

Hey don't just blame the NBA...

What about weed is worth being illegal and placed schedule 1 next to heroin?

Nothing. Stupid law.

AZLouis
05-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Maybe the focus should on his dumbass choice to toke up during the season? He let down his teammates. Not David Stern. Not the NBA. But Splifford Robinson.

Spliff has been doing this his whole career. It's why the Suns departed ways with him.

All I know is, is that he is lucky. This is isn't his first time failing the test and he still has a job.

If I failed a drug test, I get fired, not suspended.

JMarkJohns
05-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I think Uncle Spliffy has tested positive at least four times now. For times since Jordan retired.