PDA

View Full Version : It's a miracle!!!!!!

CosmicCowboy
05-12-2006, 03:06 PM
"Paralyzed" woman gets up, runs from police
Email this Story

May 11, 6:26 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A wheelchair-bound Los Angeles woman, who has repeatedly filed lawsuits over access for the disabled, got up and ran after police arrested her for fraud, authorities said on Thursday.

Laura Lee Medley, 35, had sued in at least four California cities over injuries she claimed she sustained while trying to navigate her wheelchair before she was suspected of fraud.

Medley, who claimed to be paralyzed from a drunk driving accident, was tracked to Las Vegas where police there took her into custody and then, when she complained of medical issues, to a local hospital, Long Beach prosecutor Belinda Mayes said.

"She gets to the hospital and while she's waiting for an examination, she gets up from the chair and runs," Mayes said. "Somebody remarked, 'That's where the great miracle occurred."'

Medley sprinted through the hospital corridors but was quickly apprehended by police and booked pending extradition to San Bernardino, southern California, where she is facing charges of filing false documents, attempted grand theft and insurance fraud.

Medley has sued the cities of Long Beach and South Pasadena and counties of San Bernardino and Riverside over various injuries she claimed she sustained in her wheelchair. She was also being sought on arrest warrants by the states of Oregon and Washington, Mayes said.

2Blonde
05-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm healed I tell you, healed !!!!!

http://www.blondesense.net/toothlesman.jpg

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Benny Hinn must of been somewhere nearby. I understand that if you send him enough of your life savings that he can heal just about anything.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2006, 03:26 PM
The cynicism amongst you people is so disheartening. Medical scientists should be studying this women to find how she overcame her disability.

1Parker1
05-12-2006, 03:54 PM
The cynicism amongst you people is so disheartening. Medical scientists should be studying this women to find how she overcame her disability.

Jim's on it, as we speak.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Jim's full of it, as we speak.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2006, 04:17 PM
she was never paralyzed.

2Blonde
05-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Jim's full of it, as we speak.

Hey, Jim invented Medical Superglue, the Polio Vaccine and Penicillin just to name a few things. I for one think it's high time he starts getting credit for some of his accomplishments. :soapbox:

2Blonde
05-12-2006, 04:22 PM
she was never paralyzed.

No shit ?????!!!!!!!????? :rolleyes

CosmicCowboy
05-12-2006, 04:26 PM
No shit ?????!!!!!!!????? :rolleyes

:lmao

I love this place...I never hung around with the short bus kids and this place gives me a chance to see the world through their eyes...:lol

2Blonde
05-12-2006, 04:30 PM
:lmao

I love this place...I never hung around with the short bus kids and this place gives me a chance to see the world through their eyes...:lol
I almost spit my Diet Pepsi all over my monitor when I read that. Whenever my daughter does something really boneheaded I ask her if she needs to ride the special short bus to school. :lol

1Parker1
05-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey, Jim invented Medical Superglue, the Polio Vaccine and Penicillin just to name a few things. I for one think it's high time he starts getting credit for some of his accomplishments. :soapbox:

:lol :lol

1Parker1
05-12-2006, 05:20 PM
she was never paralyzed.

Oh Alvie....

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2006, 05:22 PM
:lol

I didn't even read the article or any of the previous posts before I posted, so whatever.

AlamoSpursFan
05-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Reminds me of this old lady that used to bug me all the time at the Flying J in Albuquerque. She was ALWAYS there and would walk up to you and hand you a little piece of paper saying she was deaf and needed money to feed her children and if I could spare even some loose change, God would bless me...blah blah blah. Finally, I got sick of having to tell her no all the damn time so after telling her no for about the hundredth time and watching her walk away all hurt (like she always did) I yelled "HEY" at her back. Oops! She turned around and realized she was busted. Funny thing is, she never bothered me again.

:lol

spursfaninnewmexico
05-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Reminds me of this old lady that used to bug me all the time at the Flying J in Albuquerque. :lol

West Siieed

AlamoSpursFan
05-12-2006, 05:58 PM
West Siieed

I miss that run. I used to deliver cabinets to Davis Kitchens on Eubank. The view of the city from that hill the Flying Hook sits on is awesome at night.

timvp
05-12-2006, 06:06 PM
she was never paralyzed.

Classic.

ALVAREZ6
05-12-2006, 06:40 PM
fuck you guys lol

ashbeeigh
05-12-2006, 07:18 PM
She may have honestly thought she was paralyzed. She could have a conversion disorder.

ShoogarBear
05-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Since we're piling on here, this brings to mind the very first quotation I ever used for a sig:

Ben and Jerry kicks ass. Best cartoon ever.

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Since we're piling on here, this brings to mind the very first quotation I ever used for a sig:
thanks

ShoogarBear
05-13-2006, 10:22 AM
thanks
Someday, you'll look back on all this, and laugh. And then hunt me down, and kill me, like Vito Corleone did to Don Ciccio.

T-Pain
05-13-2006, 12:05 PM
damn she defines "America's Most Wanted"