PDA

View Full Version : Another "BIG LIE" from the DEMOCRATS

Hook Dem
10-08-2004, 08:33 PM
The Democrats have been using the techniques of Saul Alinsky, Father of Radicalism to their advantage for many years now. They are the same techniques used by the Nazi’s to seize power in Germany in the 1930’s.. Think about that before you vote..... One of those 12 Rules he taught is to lie, lie, lie, until the American public thinks it is the truth. John Kerry must be a very good student of his... This is another of the “Big Lie’s” that Kerry has been spreading recently in an attempt to discredit the President... He keeps claiming that Gen. Shinseki was forced into retirement for giving unwelcome advise. It is a lie, and here is the proof. This comes from CNN’s Judy Woodruff “Inside Politicis” on Sept. 24, as she was talking with CNN reporter, Jamie McIntyre, Sr. Pentagon Correspondent for CNN.

MCINTYRE: Rumsfeld also says Kerry is relying on bad information when he repeatedly claims Army chief of staff Eric Shinseki was forced out for giving unwelcome advice.

KERRY: Go ask the military leaders. General Shinseki told this country how many troops we need. The president retired him early for telling the truth.

RUMSFELD: First of all, he was never fired. And the newspapers that repeat that month after month after month are wrong, inaccurate, unreliable, irresponsible. I could think of a few more adjectives.

Egregious, yes. But it's a myth. He was never fired. He served out his full term.

(END VIDEOTAPE) MCINTYRE: Now, Secretary Rumsfeld is fond of saying that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own set of facts. And the fact that the Army chief of staff was not fired or forced to retire early is just that, Judy. It is a fact.

WOODRUFF: All right. Jamie McIntyre setting the record straight. Jamie, thank you very much.

Yonivore
10-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Didn't Kerry repeat this lie tonight?

Nbadan
10-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Well if Rummy said it that's good enough for me!

Well, you're the--you and a few other critics are the only people I've heard use the phrase "immediate threat." I didn't. The president didn't. And it's become kind of folklore that that's--that's what's happened. To which Thomas Friedman (http://webseitz.fluxent.com/wiki/ThomasFriedman) quoted Rumsfeld himself saying "No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world and the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq."