PDA

View Full Version : Is it me...or?

twincam
05-13-2006, 11:05 AM
First of all, I don't post too much here...but I do visit everyday and read your threads.
Here is my question:

Is it me or do the Spurs win then they decide to play Spurs basketball?
I've noticed that on all of their loses, they lose due to not swinging the ball around like they're used to doing. Instead, they end up playing one-on-one offense from time to time and that is not their game. They shoot terrible shots with 15+ seconds remaining on the shot clock. That is not Spurs basketball. However, once they do the total opposite, they win, plain and simple. So, what the hell is going on here?
Nonetheless, the Spurs have been in this situation before and have over come defeats such as these in playoff series. Besides, whether you all feel that the regular season isn't relevant, the Spurs are the best road team in the NBA, which is good because in order for them to remain champions, they will have to win on the road against Detroit (since they currently own home court advantage throughout the playoffs). Yes, I see Detroit in the finals and the Spurs will be their foes, but they must win on the road to over come their current issues why they're not playing Spurs basketball.
Here is my take on things: San Antonio will not lose two straight games in Dallas. S.A. will not "steal" a game in Dallas, it's not stealing a game. Stealing a game from someone is more for a number 8 seed team. San Antonio is not in that catagory. They will retake what is theirs. They have been there before, you've witnessed it in the past, remember? So don't panic...we've been there and done it. Remember, it's all about "POISE" and experience. Am I being overconfident? I'd say no, I'm only saying that I've seen this too many times with the Spurs in playoff time....they'll be just fine.
San Antonio makes all of the needed adjustments...and it will be done. These are the playoffs, which means, making adjustments. Sacramento did it against us, we adjusted as well. Dallas made adjustments, now it's time for the Spurs to adjust as well. Look at last year, same damn thing, look at 2003, same thing.....so be happy and enjoy game 3, the turnaround game.

Note: I watched that show "Pardon the Interruption on ESPN", they spoke of the Dallas vs Spurs series and both guys agreed that San Antonio will take back what's theirs...it's not only them, but all around the media, they too know how things may end up. They've seen this too many times.

Good day...

A-Train
05-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I concur. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40674)

twincam
05-13-2006, 01:00 PM
and just to add some more insight on what I'm trying to say....
here is more data to support my point on my previous post. I just read this article a few minutes ago, and it basically explains what I just explained on my previous message above.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA051306.1C.COL.BKNharvey.spurs.306d6c6.html

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2006, 03:07 PM
use paragraphs next time plz