PDA

View Full Version : Which Tony Parker?

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Who will we see during the rest of these playoffs? Is it the "Incredible Shrinking" Tony Parker the deeper the Spurs go into the playoffs, or will this wannabe, elite NBA point guard finally have a breakout post season. He already has the numbers for the regular season to fulfill the bill; but, the playoffs are where legends are born.

Stay tuned, . . . :fro

Kori Ellis
05-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I just don't get Spurs fans slighting Tony Parker constantly. Last season was last season. He "faded" in the past because he didn't have a jump shot. This season, he has one. It's a huge difference.

After carrying the Spurs (to a franchise record 63 wins) while Tim and Manu were lame all season this year, you'd think he'd at least a little respect by so-called Spurs fans.

JoeChalupa
05-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I hope it it is the thinking Tony.

ducks
05-13-2006, 04:59 PM
damm what a stupid ass thread
parjer was less then 60% last game
and this thread has been started
tp said they wanted to get manu going more
also said when tp drives dallas is staying home and guardign manu still
tp said more motion in game three is the plan
but lets bash tp
it is never anyone's fault except for him even though the rest except for duncan played ok or poorly
and duncan was starting to worry more about refs then playing

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Who will we see during the rest of these playoffs? Is it the "Incredible Shrinking" Tony Parker the deeper the Spurs go into the playoffs, or will this wannabe, elite NBA point guard finally have a breakout post season. He already has the numbers for the regular season to fulfill the bill; but, the playoffs are where legends are born.

Stay tuned, . . . :fro

manu is admitting he is not even close to last year playoffs
but he gets the break this year?

MaNuMaNiAc
I just don't get Spurs fans slighting Tony Parker constantly. Last season was last season. He "faded" in the past because he didn't have a jump shot. This season, he has one. It's a huge difference.

After carrying the Spurs (to a franchise record 63 wins) while Tim and Manu were lame all season this year, you'd think he'd at least a little respect by so-called Spurs fans.
how was he slighting Tony? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif He just asked a question, which was the same question he asked for Manu, a reasonable one too.

Doc Jerome

Kudos to Tony for the regular season and all that he accomplished. This is the post season, this is why we are all here. The deeper we go into the post season, everyone must step it up, including TP.

If stating the obvious disturbs you, then perhaps it is you who's the fickle, squeemish, cumbaya fan.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2006, 05:01 PM
how was he slighting Tony?

He called him "wannabe" and that was the good part.

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:02 PM
how was he slighting Tony? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif He just asked a question, which was the same question he asked for Manu, a reasonable one too.

Thanks. :fro

Spurologist
05-13-2006, 05:03 PM

Exactly. I seriously don't understand. When Tony becomes all world, people are still going to doubt his consistency. He has been the most consistent spurs player in the reg season and 2nd most in the playoffs. That Duncan guy is dominating.

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Kudos to Tony for the regular season and all that he accomplished. This is the post season, this is why we are all here. The deeper we go into the post season, everyone must step it up, including TP.

If stating the obvious disturbs you, then perhaps it is you who's the fickle, squeemish, cumbaya fan.

why not call out everyone not just parker and manu?

MaNuMaNiAc
05-13-2006, 05:04 PM
He called him "wannabe" and that was the good part.
yeah, I suppose he could have left that out, but he did mention that Tony had the numbers to qualify as elite during the regular season, now he's asking if Tony can become the bonified star he is aspiring to be by kicking ass throughout the WHOLE postseason. Personally, I think he will.

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:05 PM
He is a wannabe if he does not perform in the post season. What does if matter if your numbers are great in the regular season and you disappear as your team moves through the post season.

Get with it people. Get out of the HOMER FOG.

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Exactly. I seriously don't understand. When Tony becomes all world, people are still going to doubt his consistency. He has been the most consistent spurs player in the reg season and 2nd most in the playoffs. That Duncan guy is dominating.

damm she gets it pop gets it
pop even gave a quote about it in the paper
but spur fans think tp has to be mr david robinson
or do they still hold it against him kidd SAID FUCK SA

MaNuMaNiAc
why not call out everyone not just parker and manu?
because if Tony and Manu bring it, then there isn't much else we'll need is there? I mean we already know Bruce is going to do his job.

ducks
He is a wannabe if he does not perform in the post season. What does if matter if your numbers are great in the regular season and you disappear as your team moves through the post season.

played great in the first series
has been hurt this series and has not completetly sucked

timvp
05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
The way the Mavs are defending the Spurs, Parker needs at least 30 points tonight.

At least.

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
because if Tony and Manu bring it, then there isn't much else we'll need is there? I mean we already know Bruce is going to do his job.

bruce did fine in game 1 game 2 ok
still could use his points like he did in 2 games against kings

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
The way the Mavs are defending the Spurs, Parker needs at least 30 points tonight.

At least.

damm he might have to shot 15-20 shots damm ball hog :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc

you do realize the guy is averaging 20+ pts per game so far? right? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif How can you call that a wannabe?

exstatic
Hopefully, the uninjured Tony. With any luck, the 96 hours between tips will allow his young legs to bounce back. If any of you didn't see him going at about 80% and laboring up the floor, you're blind.

Kori Ellis

Last postseason averaged 17 ppg. He even averaged 14 ppg against the Pistons (when he had no jumpshot) and shot 46% from the floor. Spurs fans act like he was horrible last year.

In the Sac series this year, he averaged 22 ppg.

Barely able to walk in Games 1 and 2 against Dallas, he averaged 17 ppg.

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:10 PM
maybe someone should remind him about manu's road games against the pistons
and spur fan still wanted manu to be the finals mvp

but tp always disappears not manu :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
05-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Hopefully, the uninjured Tony. With any luck, the 96 hours between tips will allow his young legs to bounce back.

That's what I'm hoping too.

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:13 PM
That's what I'm hoping too.

tp said he was thinking he be 100%

TP IS GOING OWN THE MOTHERFUCKING BANDWAGONER SPUR FANS :smokin

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Look, if just two of the big three bring it, it will open it up for others (role players). The stars on this team are TD, Manu, and TP. Do you think Brent Barry is going to have a 30pt night, or even Beno for that matter. Perhaps Rasho will dominate the paint and force a double team so Manu, or TP can shoot a jumper all night.

It is up to the big three to set the tone for everyone else. That's just the reality of Spurs basketball.

Stay tuned, . . .

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:17 PM
tp said he was thinking he be 100%

TP IS GOING OWN THE MOTHERFUCKING BANDWAGONER SPUR FANS :smokin

What bandwagoner? That's just the truth. Stop the fake funk fickled fan. :fro

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:19 PM
What bandwagoner? That's just the truth. Stop the fake funk fickled fan. :fro

is this mouse in disguise

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:22 PM
played great in the first series
has been hurt this series and has not completetly sucked

I did say at the team moved along in the playoffs. :fro

Just, . . . stay tuned, . . .

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:23 PM
is this mouse in disguise

Now that is the ultimate insult. If I knew who you were id, . . . :fro

ducks
05-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I did say at the team moved along in the playoffs. :fro

Just, . . . stay tuned, . . .

I ALLREADY KNOW THIS YEAR TP WILL BE FINE HE HAS THE CONFIDENCE RIDDING INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND THE FIRST SERIES
AND IS TICKED AT BANDWAGONER FANS THAT STILL HOLD IT AGAINST TP KIDD SAID FUCK SA AND FUCK DUNCAN

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:31 PM
I ALLREADY KNOW THIS YEAR TP WILL BE FINE HE HAS THE CONFIDENCE RIDDING INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND THE FIRST SERIES
AND IS TICKED AT BANDWAGONER FANS THAT STILL HOLD IT AGAINST TP KIDD SAID FUCK SA AND FUCK DUNCAN

Wow! All caps, you gotta calm down. Who cares about J. Kidd, he is not here. Perhaps you feel slighted by "Kidd-stuff" that is why youu are lashing out.

:fro

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Look guys, this is the playoffs and every series will be different. However, a few things must stay constant, defense, and your star players must play like stars. Give them credit when credit is due, and kick them in the butt whan it is warrented.

Some of you guys (Spurs Fans) have been coddling your team too much, even in times of battle when they should be strong, relentless, and most feared. No wonder they play soft in stretches.

Stay tuned, . . .

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 05:53 PM
you do realize the guy is averaging 20+ pts per game so far? right? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif How can you call that a wannabe?

TP wants to be GREAT. He wants to be THE best point guard in the NBA, and indeed the world. If he truly wants that, they he must give a legendary performance in the postseason. Spurs must win the title, and he must be named Finals MVP.

So let it be written, so let it be done. :fro

SAGambler
05-13-2006, 06:03 PM

You would think so... I guess people just gotta have something to bitch about.

Tony on one leg is as good as most of the PGs around...

Melmart1
05-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Somebody, please riddle me this- what the fuck does Tony have to do in order for Spurs fans to fucking appreciate him? He carried the team all season long with Manu constantly in El Contusion phase and Timmy not being himself. He did so while completely restructuring his shot and working on his jumper. He had more points in the paint than a lot of players who are supposedly better. He made the All-Star team. Tell me your list of top PGs in the whole fucking league and show me how many are better overall. Then tell me how many mean as much to their team as Tony did this season.

All of you bitches who celebrated 63 wins better remember how the hell the Spurs got there. Fuck!

ducks
05-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Wow! All caps, you gotta calm down. Who cares about J. Kidd, he is not here. Perhaps you feel slighted by "Kidd-stuff" that is why youu are lashing out.

:fro

I SURE AS HELL DO NOT
HE JUST USED SA LIKE AS A DIRTY DIAPER

ducks
05-13-2006, 06:10 PM
you know chip told tp it would take 3 years
this is year one FOLKS

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 06:18 PM
You would think so... I guess people just gotta have something to bitch about.

Tony on one leg is as good as most of the PGs around...

Well, . . . let's see. TP with one leg wasn't as good as D. Harris in game 2; TP on one leg is not as good as Steve Nash; TP on one leg is not as good as Chauncy Billups; and TP on one leg may not be as good as Sam Cassell. Now that is the rest of the PG's around with the exception of J. Williams and E. Snow. :fro

exstatic
05-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Another thing to consider: Tony is STILL younger than Manu was when he joined the Spurs...playing at a position where players typically mature later. Chauncey Billups at 24 (which Tony turns in a few days) sucked donkey dicks.

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Somebody, please riddle me this- what the fuck does Tony have to do in order for Spurs fans to fucking appreciate him? He carried the team all season long with Manu constantly in El Contusion phase and Timmy not being himself. He did so while completely restructuring his shot and working on his jumper. He had more points in the paint than a lot of players who are supposedly better. He made the All-Star team. Tell me your list of top PGs in the whole fucking league and show me how many are better overall. Then tell me how many mean as much to their team as Tony did this season.

All of you bitches who celebrated 63 wins better remember how the hell the Spurs got there. Fuck!

Must I. TP was great in the regular season, he wasn't bad in the last two regular seasons. We are talking about moving along deep into the postseason. He has a history of vanishing, I am basically asking the question: Will TP fulfill what many seem to think is his destiny of being a bonafide A List Star in this league as a result of his exploits in the playoffs, not regular season. If you want to win the regular season title, sorry, the Spurs did not do it. Detroit won more games.

I have heard all season from many Spur fans how the regular season does not matter. Now YOU bring it up in this discussion. You obviously did not read this thread. Get off my nuts and take the "FOREVER HOMER" glasses off and try to discuss this thread or simply do not respond. Or better yet, . . . Stay tuned, . . . :fro

ducks
05-13-2006, 06:32 PM
spur fans better realize tp will be the fransice player in a few years
he gets that three going
he is working on that this summer
duncan will be getting older

ducks
05-13-2006, 06:33 PM
are you still mad at tp because against the nets after the first 3 games
people had him has finals mvp
he got a little big for his head?

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 06:38 PM
you know chip told tp it would take 3 years
this is year one FOLKS

Right. I appreciate that thought. But that won't stop other teams from buining it and allowing him to shoot that 15-20 ft jumper just to see if he has developed a consistent shot. Look, you all can look foreward to when TP can hit a consistent jumper in another 2 years, but in the heat of this years playoff battles, TP has to find a way to get the job done, . . . NOW.

ducks
05-13-2006, 06:39 PM
he is doing just fine when healthy

1Parker1
05-13-2006, 06:44 PM
I have heard all season from many Spur fans how the regular season does not matter. Now YOU bring it up in this discussion. You obviously did not read this thread. Get off my nuts and take the "FOREVER HOMER" glasses off and try to discuss this thread or simply do not respond. Or better yet, . . . Stay tuned, . . . :fro

Except of course, in this case, the regular season matters greatly, without it, we wouldn't have HCA. Without the 35 points Tony scored against Dallas in that pivotal regular season game that took us up 2-1, we'd be looking at a series where Spurs would have to win on the road even more.

Anyways, I'm fully confident that Tim, Tony, Manu, Finley, and Bruce will all be bringing it tonight. So STFU and enjoy the game :)

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 06:48 PM
are you still mad at tp because against the nets after the first 3 games
people had him has finals mvp
he got a little big for his head?

Ducks, that isn't even a passing thought. The 3 stars on this team has to find a way for at least 2 of them to get off on a consistent basis in this post season. If they do not, it will be tough.

TD is playing well. Manu is inconsistent and almost a non-factor in this post season. TP is limited in what he can do because he rely's on speed to penetrate and he is banged up so he's slowed down, thus no penetration and if there is no penetration and his shot is suspect, look out.

You all know this and yet you still act like asking a question is heracy. Just continue to hope and cheer. :fro

ducks
05-13-2006, 06:50 PM
. TP is limited in what he can do because he rely's on speed to penetrate and he is banged up so he's slowed down, thus no penetration and if there is no penetration and his shot is suspect, look out.

did you not read this thread
tp said a day or 2 ago he thought he would be at 100% today
IT IS ON

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Except of course, in this case, the regular season matters greatly, without it, we wouldn't have HCA. Without the 35 points Tony scored against Dallas in that pivotal regular season game that took us up 2-1, we'd be looking at a series where Spurs would have to win on the road even more.

Anyways, I'm fully confident that Tim, Tony, Manu, Finley, and Bruce will all be bringing it tonight. So STFU and enjoy the game :)

I will enjoy the game if the Spurs win. I too am confident that everyone you mentioned will bring it this evening; however, I had to ask the question.

mookie2001
05-13-2006, 06:52 PM
before he falls for the rop a dope, heGon let his Glock smoke

Doc Jerome
05-13-2006, 06:53 PM
. TP is limited in what he can do because he rely's on speed to penetrate and he is banged up so he's slowed down, thus no penetration and if there is no penetration and his shot is suspect, look out.

did you not read this thread
tp said a day or 2 ago he thought he would be at 100% today
IT IS ON

If he is at 100%, then it is on. Gotta go, the game is about to come on. :fro

ducks
05-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Get!
Before You Get :owned BY TP