PDA

View Full Version : Manu is gone

englishspursfan
05-13-2006, 10:44 PM
an the refs didnt help either.but ya gotta love duncan an as a whole i feel more confident about the next game.

Ginofan
05-13-2006, 10:45 PM
FUCK THAT BULLSHIT. DON'T EVEN BLAME MANU FOR THIS BULLSHIT.

Blame that handoff, blame pop for not having a big on the defensive end to rebound. Blame anything but Manu. Fuck you if you blame Manu for this loss. He's the one who got us back in. Eat shit.

Shaolin-Style
05-13-2006, 10:45 PM
bad handling again, and if he'd have made that ft it'd be ot.

but an awful pass at the end and some really bad dirk flop calls don't help.

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 10:46 PM
I've lost all confidence that I had in this guy. He choked the game away. He's got to be mentally destroyed. After what happend in Game 3 versus Sacramento and Game 3 now, he's got to be questioning himself. Manu still hasn't had a breakout game since Game 2 of the SAC series. I fear he's not going to give us anything anywhere close to last year. I hope he proves me wrong.

Ginofan
05-13-2006, 10:46 PM
You people are fucking insane. No Manu in this game = 20 point loss AGAIN. It was a bad handoff by Horry. Actually the inbounds shouldn't have gone to Horry at all it should've gone straight to Manu. You can't blame Manu for this loss. Go cheer for the Cavs or some shit.

Dre_7
05-13-2006, 10:47 PM
He's the one who got us back in.

I love Manu, but if it wasnt For Duncan, game woulda been over in the middle of the forth. But that TO was not all Manus fault. It was a bad play to begin with. I dont like Horry with the ball first.

ALVAREZ6
FUCK THAT BULLSHIT. DON'T EVEN BLAME MANU FOR THIS BULLSHIT.

Blame that handoff, blame pop for not having a big on the defensive end to rebound. Blame anything but Manu. Fuck you if you blame Manu for this loss. He's the one who got us back in. Eat shit.
:tu

Thanks for doing that for me.

Manu was keeping us in the fucking game, he stepped up.

I blame Pop for being a fuck. If there is only 7.9 seconds left, why do you have to inbound it to Horry??? Just give it to Manu from the beginning, everyone knows he's the one shooting. Fucking retard pop.

He wasted an extra timeout because of his decision in trying to get it to Horry, and Horry couldn't break free and get open.

All you have to do iinbound it directly to Manu, isolate, and then he can make his approach.

Pop = fuck.

Fabbs
Get a clue and watch the replay. Looks like he got hacked before he even touched the ball. Yet another fixed call by this b.s. reffed game.

Blaming Manu is lame.

ObiwanGinobili
05-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I don't think he's mentally destroyed. I'm nto ready to take him out back and shoot him.

But yes - this was on him. He choked, he fumbled, he TO'd.
I love him much - but I'll be the 1st to say that with TD out of the game it was Manu;s time and place to step up. He failed. Plain & simple.

hopefully next game he can improve. He wasn;t shit ass bad. He just didn't step it up like I expected.

Leetonidas
You people are fucking insane. No Manu in this game = 20 point loss AGAIN. Go cheer for the Cavs or some shit.

That doesn't change his choke job. I love Manu, I really do, he's my favorite player to watch, but I just can't see him turning it on right now. Every game I think, "gee, maybe Manu will come and deliver and play like a monster" and he doesn't, and another amazing performance by TD goes to waste. 20 point loss or 1 point loss, a loss is a loss.

ALVAREZ6
I love Manu, but if it wasnt For Duncan, game woulda been over in the middle of the forth. But that TO was not all Manus fault. It was a bad play to begin with. I dont like Horry with the ball first.
It was just a good play by Devin Harris.

He did a great job by slapping the ball into Manu's knee, and then the game was over.

spurschick
05-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Horry threw the ball at Manu's feet and the Mavs broke up the play and caused the turnover. It wasn't all on Manu. He showed more energy tonight than he has in a while. No, he's not the Manu of last year, but he's not the only one who is struggling.

Leetonidas
Let me reiterate that I do not hate Manu and I love his game, I just think mentally, he doesn't have the strength to pull out of this.

~Sweetmelody~
I can't freaking believe some of you are blaming Manu. :madrun

Tobias
lets hear the post-interviews, then we'll see if Manu is off the deep end again.

...just as he was gettin his groove back too :depressed

pking
WOW -- as a Mavs fan I'm completely shocked to see a Spurs fan knock Manu after this game. He was killing us in the 4th. That was an unfortunate TO at the end, but not completely his fault. He was GREAT in the second half of this game.

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Horry threw the ball at Manu's feet and the Mavs broke up the play and caused the turnover. It wasn't all on Manu. He showed more energy tonight than he has in a while. No, he's not the Manu of last year, but he's not the only one who is struggling.
No, Harris slapped the ball into Manu's thigh/knee.

It was a bad play on Pop in giving it to Horry, Harris capitalized on it. Game over.

:flipoff the Manu hater, you are fucking blind.

ALVAREZ6
WOW -- as a Mavs fan I'm completely shocked to see a Spurs fan knock Manu after this game. He was killing us in the 4th. That was an unfortunate TO at the end, but not completely his fault. He was GREAT in the second half of this game.
there you fucking have it.

Leetonidas
I can't freaking believe some of you are blaming Manu. :madrun

I'm not knocking Manu. I love Manu and I don't blame him. There were many factors leading up to this. My point is after this and the last game 3, I don't think he has the mental toughness to do it. You saw how he beat himself up over the Kevin Martin buzzer beater. He's mentally destroyed.

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2006, 10:51 PM
man fuck ginobili duncan was layin it then ginobili gotta fuck it all up with his stupid wild bullshit. motha fucka cant even control his own body. fuckin fagget. at least get a shot off if u gonna choke. fuckin pussy ass mother fuckin shitbag.
:lmao

spurschick

Did I not say that the Mavs broke up the play and caused the turnover?

E20
Manu is gonna put this on himself and he's gonna come out ready to fire Game 4. Remeber when he made that TO during the Kings series? Well, the next game he exploded......

ObiwanGinobili
the replay shows horry passing off to manu at his midsection.
manu fumbles it all the way down the side line.

are we all thinking of the same play here?

Ginofan

It was a bad play on Pop in giving it to Horry, Harris capitalized on it. Game over.

It should've been a handoff pass not a throw it in the air and catch that while running hell bent pass. It was bullshit. And I'm not blaming the loss on Horry either but seriously you can't blame manu for that shit. It's unacceptable.

V-2
Manu had a good game. On the other hand, when Horry's involved in a play only bad things happen in this series.

Tobias
The question is it "was it Manu's fault?", it was "will Manu recover". Looking at his response to his last sec flub in SAC, its not looking good.

Leetonidas

Gee, how about you read through this and then talk? If not, shut the fuck up because you have no idea what you're talking about dumbshit.

Vashner
He needs vacation..

~Sweetmelody~
05-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Let me reiterate that I do not hate Manu and I love his game, I just think mentally, he doesn't have the strength to pull out of this.

But it sounds like you are blaming this loss just on him. Manu has not been like the Manu of last year, but I wouldn't even say it's mental, because the guy does the little things, even if he is having a bad night.

ALVAREZ6
Fuck this shit.

Who was that dude wearing #20 who put the Spurs up by 1, 103-102???

OH shit, that was Manu wasn't it???

Oh wait, the play after that, Manu contested Stack's shot and he missed....damn, what a scrubby play on Manu.

why not rant on the fucks who didn't box out an injured Dirk??? Tony didn't even try jumping for it, I bet he could have gotten it.

Fuck you retards.

Leetonidas
Manu is gonna put this on himself and he's gonna come out ready to fire Game 4. Remeber when he made that TO during the Kings series? Well, the next game he exploded......

No, he didn't do anything until game 5. He was totally out of it in game 4.

man fuck ginobili duncan was layin it then ginobili gotta fuck it all up with his stupid wild bullshit. motha fucka cant even control his own body. fuckin fagget. at least get a shot off if u gonna choke. fuckin pussy ass mother fuckin shitbag.

WTF? Are you retarded? Don't go overboard.

WalterBenitez
Where was our ball handler when we need it the most!? come on this experiment sucks ... POP needs to refresh his mind, stupid moves ... everytime he need to send a msg, bench Manu ... he's a human being ... how to improve your game and confidence if you are balme for everything.

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Gee, how about you read through this and then talk? If not, shut the fuck up because you have no idea what you're talking about dumbshit.
How do I not know what I'm talknig about, I stated facts.

It's what happened, I saw it in slow motion, Harris broke up the hand off. Game over.

~Sweetmelody~
05-13-2006, 10:54 PM
He's mentally destroyed.

Isn't that a little dramatic? :rolleyes

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 10:55 PM
But it sounds like you are blaming this loss just on him. Manu has not been like the Manu of last year, but I wouldn't even say it's mental, because the guy does the little things, even if he is having a bad night.

Show me where I blamed the entire loss on Manu? He choked on the last play, but that wasn't all his fault. He made a couple mistakes, and the team payed for it. All I'm saying is I'm not confident he's going to recover, but I really hope he proves me wrong.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Actually, look at the replay closely. Horry flips the ball up, it nearly hits Manu's shoulder, and at the same time he is being puched by Harris. Can't blame Manu for this one.

This game is all down to a non-existent foul call on Timmy, and 10 other no fouls that were called. But for that, Dirk never gets the board and they never lead.

Get off Manu's back fer christsake!

spurschick
I don't know who you are ranting at, Alvarez, but some of us aren't blaming Manu at all. I thought Manu played fine tonight. There were far worse turnovers committed that had nothing to do with him. I thought he came with some great energy tonight and I expect him to do more of the same on Monday.

td4mvp21
Ginobili busted his freaking ass to win. It was not his fault one bit- if that had been the other way around, we would have gotten called for a foul. Just like Dirk had to be pampered by the refs. We missed free-throws, we didn't come out strong enough, but ultimately, we had to play two teams.

MannyIsGod
This is the dumbest thread of all time. TexasBalla you're dumber than Brutalis, and thats a stretch.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Horry should never be in position to do anything at the end of a game other than shoot.

Drawing him up as the initiator of the offense was fucking stupid.

Texas_Ranger
05-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Manu was great tonight. We did`t lose the game because of him, but we lost the game because of motherfucking refs. OK I`m little angry on that Manu`s turnover, but now this is just history. We will win game 4 100%.

CharlieMac
No way is he gone, have you noticed his last name and what city he plays in?

Cant_Be_Faded
Manu is a good player but I had disagreed from day 1 when he started, We needa nother slasher. If we had SJAX we'd be staright but we had to start manu. He had one all star season when he was unbelievable from the 3 point line but he cant do that every season, he has said so himself that he is not a good 3 point shooter

Leetonidas
I don't know who you are ranting at, Alvarez, but some of us aren't blaming Manu at all. I thought Manu played fine tonight. There were far worse turnovers committed that had nothing to do with him. I thought he came with some great energy tonight and I expect him to do more of the same on Monday.

Right. I'm not saying Manu played bad in this game, but he messed up at the end, and ONCE AGAIN, I'm not confident in his ability to rebound. See Game 4, Spurs vs. Kings.

thekingrobert
05-13-2006, 10:57 PM
i dont blame manu at all, pops fault 2 bad plays he ran. he shoulda screen for manu to get the ball at the pop and iso not come off a damn curl

Leetonidas
This is the dumbest thread of all time. TexasBalla you're dumber than Brutalis, and thats a stretch.

God, you're an idiot.

ALVAREZ6
It's not necessarily pertaining to this thread, but people everywhere are blaming the loss on Manu.

Those are the ones I'm ranting at.

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm not blaming Manu. Jesus fucking Christ, how many times do I have to state this?

MannyIsGod
05-13-2006, 10:58 PM
What the fuck man? Devin Harris made a great play, but Manu came up huge in the fourth.

I hate some of you Spurs fans. You're fucking idiots.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-13-2006, 10:59 PM

no he didn't

we got our asses kicked in game 4 and manu dissapeared even more!!

he plays like shit on the road but I'm not blaming this los son him entirely

I'm blaming it on Pop's GOD AWFUL sibstituion

and FUCKING SMALL BALL BULLSHIT

Felonius Monk
he'd have made that ft it'd be ot.

I love it when 10 for 11 isn't good enough.

WalterBenitez

Be welcome ... WE NEED TO BLAME PEOPLE WHO TOUCHED THE BALL ...

BTW, that money Cuban have paid was for NBA or REFS? :angel

timvp
Manu carried the Spurs in the fourth.

Props to him.

Harris reached in and broke up the play.

Game over.

Get Game 4.

Spurs#20
That was a bad play, how are you going to try to do that at the end of the game. They should have just pass the ball to Manu at the top. That was it!

MannyIsGod
I've lost all confidence that I had in this guy. He choked the game away. He's got to be mentally destroyed. After what happend in Game 3 versus Sacramento and Game 3 now, he's got to be questioning himself. Manu still hasn't had a breakout game since Game 2 of the SAC series. I fear he's not going to give us anything anywhere close to last year. I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not blaming Manu. Jesus fucking Christ, how many times do I have to state this?
Um, who's the idiot?

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Horry should never be in position to do anything at the end of a game other than shoot.

exactly.

that's why the Spurs lost, they can learn from it, never do it again, and hopefully move on and win game 4.

fuck.

Leetonidas
What the fuck man? Devin Harris made a great play, but Manu came up huge in the fourth.

I hate some of you Spurs fans. You're fucking idiots.

If you'd take the time to read, you'd understand that, once again, all I'm saying is:

I'm not saying Manu played bad in this game, but he messed up at the end, and ONCE AGAIN, I'm not confident in his ability to rebound.

WalterBenitez

Speaks louder boy

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Um, who's the idiot?

He missed a free throw and didn't get the ball at the end. It's not necessairly his fault, but he did choke under the circumstance.

Spurologist
FUCK all this blame manu shit. I think he really meant to throw the ball away off his knee. All of you haters need to get fucking real and grow a few. What the fuck was said when he was keeping us in the game with clutch shot after clutch shot. This thread literally makes my sick

4001 STEREO SPUR
Manu's not gone. Niether are the Spurs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2006, 11:02 PM
The play was fucked when it went through Horry. Horry shouldn't be anywhere near the ball at the end of a game except when someone's passing it to him to shoot the three. :td

MannyIsGod
Dude, you're a dumbass. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone here who disagrees with me.

Cant_Be_Faded
manu
duncan
bowen

only spurs that played great

but manu still is more effecitve coming off the bench
he proved so tonight

CharlieMac
05-13-2006, 11:03 PM

Yeah, tonight is one of those nights that I'm on the Pop-is-a-stupid-head bandwagon for that last call.

Leetonidas
The play was fucked when it went through Horry. Horry shouldn't be anywhere near the ball at the end of a game except when someone's passing it to him to shoot the three. :td

I agree with that. Like I said, Manu doesn't deserve all the blame, but it's on him to get that ball back. He's got to be hurting mentally. This is the second time it's happend to him and I sincerly hope he can bounce back.

Cherry
Blaming Manu is lame

E20
05-13-2006, 11:06 PM
no he didn't

we got our asses kicked in game 4 and manu dissapeared even more!!

he plays like shit on the road but I'm not blaming this los son him entirely

I'm blaming it on Pop's GOD AWFUL sibstituion

and FUCKING SMALL BALL BULLSHIT
http://www.nba.com/games/20060502/SACSAS/recap.html?nav=scoreboardhome
I meant Game 5. :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Manu will be fine, it was an ugly play I didn't know why Horry was getting the inbound...especially since they already were in a position to read and break up the play...some of the stuff I read on here after losses are ridiculous. We played great, we just didn't have things fall our way cuz the Mavs played the extra seconds. Dirk should have never got that rebound. Manu and Tim were looking really good in the last minutes. Hopefuly that carries over in game 4. Relax guys..

...oh yeah, FUCK ANYONE who wants to blame this loss on a single player.

MannyIsGod
05-13-2006, 11:07 PM
I agree with that. Like I said, Manu doesn't deserve all the blame, but it's on him to get that ball back. He's got to be hurting mentally. This is the second time it's happend to him and I sincerly hope he can bounce back.
Repeat after me dipshit.

Manu deserves NONE of the blame.

~Sweetmelody~
05-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Show me where I blamed the entire loss on Manu? He choked on the last play, but that wasn't all his fault. He made a couple mistakes, and the team payed for it. All I'm saying is I'm not confident he's going to recover, but I really hope he proves me wrong.

Well you did start with Manu is gone..... So of course I had to get my Manu Loving ass in here :lol and since I am a little hyped up I had to respond :oops

He did make mistakes but so did others. I don't know if he will recover physically and to some degree it does effect mentally but I wouldn't say he is mentally destroyed I am confident in him and the rest of the team ( with the exception of Nazr :oops )

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:10 PM
Well you did start with Manu is gone..... So of course I had to get my Manu Loving ass in here :lol and since I am a little hyped up I had to respond :oops

He did make mistakes but so did others. I don't know if he will recover physically and to some degree it does effect mentally but I wouldn't say he is mentally destroyed I am confident in him and the rest of the team ( with the exception of Nazr :oops )

Finally someone isn't retarded in this thread. Maybe not completely destroyed, but as I said, he's going to put a lot of blame on himself and that usually doesn't come out with the best results. He stunk it up against Sacramento in Game 4, I really don't want him to blame himself and have it happen again. He dropped a pass, he missed a free throw, yes, but Tim Duncan fouling out was the real reason we lost.

Solid D
05-13-2006, 11:12 PM
It was just a good play by Devin Harris.

He did a great job by slapping the ball into Manu's knee, and then the game was over.

Someone who actually saw it right.

Brent did miss his assignment of screening Devin after inbounding the ball. Devin's reach-in was the difference on that play. Props to Devin.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Finally someone isn't retarded in this thread. Maybe not completely destroyed, but as I said, he's going to put a lot of blame on himself and that usually doesn't come out with the best results. He stunk it up against Sacramento in Game 4, I really don't want him to blame himself and have it happen again. He dropped a pass, he missed a free throw, yes, but Tim Duncan fouling out was the real reason we lost.
I disagree, I don't think this one will hurt him as bad. It wasn't completely boneheaded just unfortunate. This should motivate him to try to get his team to make a comfortable lead. It was a close game. Nothing was as bad as his Sac TO...

Cherry
05-13-2006, 11:13 PM
manu ginobili get ur ugly ass out of my city. someone should kick his fukin ass

are you an idiot?
or just stupid?

GET A LIFE! :spin

MannyIsGod
05-13-2006, 11:14 PM
:lmao

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:15 PM
I disagree, I don't think this one will hurt him as bad. It wasn't completely boneheaded just unfortunate. This should motivate him to try to get his team to make a comfortable lead. It was a close game. Nothing was as bad as his Sac TO...

I hope it motivates him. All we can do is hope Manu doesn't beat himself up and try to take the blame because if that happens, he's going to be very passive in Game 4.

Ginofan
05-13-2006, 11:17 PM
He missed a free throw and didn't get the ball at the end. It's not necessairly his fault, but he did choke under the circumstance.
wow so 10 of 11 isn't enough? Fuck you.

Leetonidas
wow so 10 of 11 isn't enough? Fuck you.

Obviously not, seeing as how we lost by one.

Sportman
It wasnt manu´s mistake, it was a clear mistake of Robert Horry. if you could watch the play again, you could clearly watch that Horry should had given the ball on MANU´S HANDS and not throwing it, besides there was somebody who could win the match and that was bruce bowen, because he didnt block Nowitzki when he got the rebound, that could have been the play of the game for mavs. Anyway, when you lose, the whole team lose not just one or two players.

TONY?? :rolleyes .......somebody knows about him :depressed

NASpurs
05-13-2006, 11:18 PM
I hope it motivates him. All we can do is hope Manu doesn't beat himself up and try to take the blame because if that happens, he's going to be very passive in Game 4.No that is not going to happen. Manu finally clicked in this game how to score against the Mavs and how to actually be productive even though in the beginning of the game he wasn't actually making his shots. He just kept being aggressive and attacked the basket at will.

NASpurs
05-13-2006, 11:18 PM
No offense to the thread starter, but you guys are fighting with a 15 year old :lol (literally, a 15 year old)

leemajors
05-13-2006, 11:19 PM

so manu is also the only spur to miss a free throw tonight? give up, dude.

Solid D
05-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Worst thread of the night.

spurschick
05-13-2006, 11:20 PM
I hope it motivates him. All we can do is hope Manu doesn't beat himself up and try to take the blame because if that happens, he's going to be very passive in Game 4.

Seriously, you need to just drop this. This loss is not on him. He won't blame himself. You're the only one riding his ass at the moment. Move on.

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Manu did play really good. It was a mental error. I really couldn't believe he lost the ball. I thought for sure it would've been a foul because it looked like one. Harris made a great play. I hope Manu continues to play this way and not blame himself for this loss.

Where the hell was Tony Parker tonight, BTW?

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I knew it was a bad idea to start this thread. I wanted to vent because I was seriously pissed. I feel much better now though. I will not quit on this team, and I will not give up on Manu. We got this series in 6.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey if you're gonna blame Manu's FT's blame Duncan's as well...either one of them was cruciall....but take the loss with the team. Don't cherry pick Manu's last minute plays otherwise you're ignoring his contested shot on stackhouse(?) at the end. And his tough shot off the glass going right..

Man, you're flip flopping here. Every time someone curses you out you say it's not Manu's fault. Once they ease up you blurb about Free throws.

orhe
05-13-2006, 11:22 PM
dumb thread really...

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2006, 11:25 PM
I knew it was a bad idea to start this thread. I wanted to vent because I was seriously pissed. I feel much better now though. I will not quit on this team, and I will not give up on Manu. We got this series in 6.
You won't give up on Manu??? but you said you lost all faith for him... I don't get it.

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Hey if you're gonna blame Manu's FT's blame Duncan's as well...either one of them was cruciall....but take the loss with the team. Don't cherry pick Manu's last minute plays otherwise you're ignoring his contested shot on stackhouse(?) at the end. And his tough shot off the glass going right..

Man, you're flip flopping here. Every time someone curses you out you say it's not Manu's fault. Once they ease up you blurb about Free throws.

Well, let me put it this way...

On one hand I am upset he lost the ball and missed a free throw.

On the other, I'm very happy with his play, minus that. 24 points.

I just needed to get that out is all. Most Spurs fans can't say, "Hey, the guy is obviously upset and wants to vent," it's just "Oh dear, the refs fucked us and he's blaming Manu! Attack!"

I'm stupid for making the thread, yeah at least I will admit that. I just needed to get stuff out man, I was pissed. Like I said, I feel better. Manu missed a free throw, so did Tim. Tony was not big for us, and Horry played like crap. The refs sucked ass. There was a number of reasons why we lost, Manu's was the one I focused on because of when it happend. I apologize for that, and I didn't mean to upset anyone, but I just needed to say what I was feeling.

ALVAREZ6
05-13-2006, 11:31 PM
And with that, this thread is officially over.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Balla1001,

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you're a fucking idiot.

spurschick
There was a number of reasons why we lost, Manu's was the one I focused on because of when it happend. I apologize for that, and I didn't mean to upset anyone, but I just needed to say what I was feeling.

Fair enough, but you shouldn't be surprised when people react to it.

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Balla1001,

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you're a fucking idiot.

Coming from someone who thinks a bag of chips is a better coach than Popovich, that doesn't mean much. Thanks anyway.

Leetonidas
05-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Fair enough, but you shouldn't be surprised when people react to it.

I know, I've been here long enough to understand that, I just couldn't help it. I've never made a thread calling a player out or saying one of our player sucks before, so it's not like I do this constantly.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Well, let me put it this way...

On one hand I am upset he lost the ball and missed a free throw.

On the other, I'm very happy with his play, minus that. 24 points.

I just needed to get that out is all. Most Spurs fans can't say, "Hey, the guy is obviously upset and wants to vent," it's just "Oh dear, the refs fucked us and he's blaming Manu! Attack!"

I'm stupid for making the thread, yeah at least I will admit that. I just needed to get stuff out man, I was pissed. Like I said, I feel better. Manu missed a free throw, so did Tim. Tony was not big for us, and Horry played like crap. The refs sucked ass. There was a number of reasons why we lost, Manu's was the one I focused on because of when it happend. I apologize for that, and I didn't mean to upset anyone, but I just needed to say what I was feeling.

alright...yeah it was disappointing flub by Manu and Horry, but in the big scheme of things our chances of clinching a win were slim since that looked like an ugly play to begin with, and in the big picture, a lot of things didnt' go our way to put us at the advantage point...I think we lost it on the Dirk Rebound really...

1Parker1
05-13-2006, 11:44 PM
It wasn't Manu's fault at all. It doesn't come down to one single possession when it's an important game like this. There's tons of other factors that went into our loss: Missed FT's, poor rebounding, Tony not really stepping it up in the 4th, Horry with a bad pass, weird substitutions by Pop, etc.

This loss is nowhere solely on Manu...and I sincerely hope he doesn't feel like some of the Spurs fans do.

Chris Duel
05-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Write this down:

The Spurs will tie the series at 2-2 on Monday night.

It'll be a 2 of 3 series and The Spurs will have home court.

No worries.

beirmeistr
05-14-2006, 12:05 AM
TexasBalla, I think you are incorrect in assigning some blame to manu when it was obvious that Horry made a bad pass instead of handing the ball to manu. If anyone should be mentally destroyed over this play, it should be Popovich for coming up with such a convoluted play with less than 8 seconds left..

orhe
05-14-2006, 12:15 AM
that was a stupid handoff
Pop was stupid by calling that play... and horry was stupid for telegraphing where he'd put it... and devin harris is a stud...
manu can't really be blamed...

anyway that play took too much time that was a stupid play

drazo
05-14-2006, 12:18 AM
you guys blaming manu, he allways take us out of shit, he got us title last year....
why dont blame fucking parker what he did 2nite NOTHING....blame pop its his foult he didnt put nazr or rasho last 17 sec for rebound....wtf finley did or nve he didnt do shit all season spurs are old we need young player

trade oberto, rasho, berry, horry, bring some young guys

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Manu did play really good. It was a mental error. I really couldn't believe he lost the ball. I thought for sure it would've been a foul because it looked like one. Harris made a great play. I hope Manu continues to play this way and not blame himself for this loss.

Where the hell was Tony Parker tonight, BTW?

There was a couple turnovers by parker that had me shaking my head...

like his pass to our sixth member of the court...

and when he got tripped by nobody on Duncan's pass out of bounds.

Solid D
05-14-2006, 12:28 AM
There was a couple turnovers by parker that had me shaking my head...

like his pass to our sixth member of the court...

and when he got tripped by nobody on Duncan's pass out of bounds.

The replay clearly showed Howard stuck his leg out and tripped Parker. Inadvertent or otherwise, it was still a trip.

Shank
05-14-2006, 12:34 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/mutherm/gino.jpg