PDA

View Full Version : Get Horry out of the starting lineup

jcrod
05-13-2006, 10:59 PM
He has done nothing in this series. I about threw the TV down when he looked like a bitch and let Stake take that shot. Especially the way the refs were calling the game we are damn lucky that wasn't a AND 1. At least put you freaking hands straight up do something damnit. He is useless starting, we need him coming off the bench, he seems more useful then.

Good to see Manu come back with a strong game.....ERRRRRRRRRRR that is until he fucked it up in the last minute. First missing a freethrow, which he seems to brick every important freethrow. If you're going to run a play for him, why is Pop giving the ball to Horry first. Shit inbound it directly to Manu, he was finishing everything he was throwing up. Then to have it end that way is FREAKING SHIT FACE STUPID. WHY is Horry tossing the ball to him, give it to him directly.

TP settled with his jumpshot today. It wasn't falling, drive daminit. And play some fucking defense!!!!!!!!!

Why are we going away from the hot hand, time and time again. TD was going and they went away from him. Manu was going there and they went away from him. SHIT, this team does not know how to use the hot hand.

What kind of crap shit toss up throw was that at the end of the game. He threw it where 3 Mavs players where at. We were damn lucky Horry some how came down with the ball!!! Pop is getting out coached in this series so far and its sickening to see.

With all that said. The Mavs cannot and will not keep shooting the ball like this. They will start to hit iron and the Spurs defense will start to pick up. I still think we'll win the series, but they need to win the next game.

rascal
05-13-2006, 11:33 PM
I agree. Horry is useless under the basket. He didn't even put his hands up on Stackhouse's shot. Stack is a choker and would not have made it with any type of pressure but Horry just backs up and lets Stack get a good shot off.

A-Train
05-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Start an actual center for once.

Dingle Barry
Horry's eyes look lifeless and his body language looks terrible as well. Maybe something is going on in his personal life. I can handle a Spur not playing well, but he looks like he either doesnt give a shit or feels sorry for himself about something.

Entirely possible that I am reading too much into it, as Horry has never been a Rah Rah guy by any means, but he just looks like basketball is not priority #1 for the man right now.

Deb
Agreed. Let Big Shot do what he does best - Come off the bench with clutch shots. He wasn't a starter in LA, and he ain't a starter here.

Tobias
05-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Put Manu back in the starting 5, put Rasho back in.

Dingle Barry
05-13-2006, 11:37 PM
I agree. Horry is useless under the basket. He didn't even put his hands up on Stackhouse's shot. Stack is a choker and would not have made it with any type of pressure but Horry just backs up and lets Stack get a good shot off.

If Horry had put his hands up I am sure there would have been a basket and a whistle. Spurs weren't allowed to contest shots tonight. And I never bitch about reffing. Til just now at least.

Buddy Holly
05-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Start Oberto.

Dude guards well and is a great counterpart to Manu.

T Park
05-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Wussy Nesterovic, or Fumble fingers Mohamed.

Yeah, I see your point :rolleyes

missmyzte
05-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Horry's eyes look lifeless and his body language looks terrible as well. Maybe something is going on in his personal life. I can handle a Spur not playing well, but he looks like he either doesnt give a shit or feels sorry for himself about something.

Entirely possible that I am reading too much into it, as Horry has never been a Rah Rah guy by any means, but he just looks like basketball is not priority #1 for the man right now.
I agree, he just doesn't look like he's trying out there. That's not the Horry that I know ...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2006, 11:40 PM
:td It's not his personal life.

This is exactly how Horry looked in the 2003 series vs. LA when Phyllis started Horry and played him 35 a night.

Robert Horry is 3 years older now, he can't handle that kind of beating that goes with starting and playing that many minutes.

Further, Pop is coaching himself out of this series with his fucking lame ass small ball and starting Horry.

The Spurs didn't get to where they are by going small, they did it with their system of two bigs patrolling the paint.

It's no coincidence that since game 2 of Sacto when Pop shucked starting Nazr that the Spurs are getting punked in the lane. It's because of dumb fuck small ball.

The Spurs are toast in this series unless Pop starts Rasho or Nazr and gets back to letting this team play Spurs basketball.

The sad thing is if we lose this series no one will call his ass out for stupid fucking small ball, he'll trade some players and there will be fluff pieces in the E-N talking about them being a locker room cancer, and everyone will buy it.

I'm tired of this shit. Fuck small ball. Put Robert Horry back on the bench and use him how you did for the last two years, not how you've idiotically been using him the last two weeks :td :flipoff

FUCK SMALL BALL

T-Pain
05-13-2006, 11:41 PM
shit i dont think we got no choice but to start horry.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Do you think Rasho would have caught the sweet dish from Ginobili? Man i don't know why Pop acts like we have no centers at all!

Anyone notice that Dirk was matched up with Parker and none of his teammates recognized??

MannyIsGod
05-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Small ball brought us up. That form of small ball is fine. When you put 4 true guards around Duncan and run an isolated post up that gets ball movement going when the double team comes is ok to run in the fourth. But you can't do that for an entire game. It takes too much damn energy becaue of the way you have to get your guard to scramble.

Furthermore, we can't run that with Horry out there. So when you have Horry starting you can't run that offense.

Horry starting just sucks right now.

Sportman
05-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Could somebody tell me which was the championship starting lineup?

Soooooooo why dont you (pop) try to use your old FORMULATE???????????????????

:madrun :madrun :madrun

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Our Defense suffers with Small Ball though...Duncan needs a big backing him up. Oberto doesn't cut it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Manny, our offense isn't the problem. It's our defense (see Devin Harris shooting layups all game for two games in a row now because no one is there to protect the paint when they lift Duncan's man) and the rebounding that are getting us killed.

And that's all on small ball. We used to move the ball just fine with two bigs. Why does Pop think he needs to go away from what got him three rings? Just because the Kings trotted out five guards (even though Miller is 7'0", he plays like a guard)?

Spurs are toast with small ball.

T Park
05-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Manny, our offense isn't the problem.

Yet Avery installing the same D the Lakers did, is not the problem either?

slow down.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2006, 11:55 PM
It's our defense (see Devin Harris shooting layups all game for two games in a row now because no one is there to protect the paint when they lift Duncan's man) and the rebounding that are getting us killed.

Agreed.

No one is manning the paint.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Tpark, if Devin Harris wasn't scoring 25 a game on layups, and Dallas wasn't scoring 20 a game off of offensive rebounds, our offense scoring 15 a game less wouldn't be a problem.

T Park
05-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Put Rasho in there they still get owned on rebounds.

Put Nazr in there,

well tonight showed what happened when he gets in there.

Sorry, that eliminates both your big men.

Kori Ellis
05-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Put Rasho in there they still get owned on rebounds.

Put Nazr in there,

well tonight showed what happened when he gets in there.

Sorry, that eliminates both your big men.

Well Rasho would stop some of the penetration and easy buckets.

timvp
05-13-2006, 11:58 PM
If Rasho and Nazr weren't so damn horrible, we could talk.

As it is, the Spurs have to roll with what they got.

Melmart1
05-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Yes, with Rasho in the starting lineup, you get less rebounds. However, you also get less Mavs driving in the paint for easy buckets too. It's a trade-off, but one that works a helluva lot more in the Spurs' favor.

edit: damn, Kori beat me too it.

ShoogarBear
05-14-2006, 12:00 AM
And if we bring Horry off the bench maybe we'll actually starting getting some decent contributions from him.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2006, 12:01 AM
We've been letting Duncan have his way with his offense...we need to D up.

timvp
05-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Rasho is a regular season player. Nazr just plain sucks ass.

You have Horry and Oberto as bigs who can play next to Tim.

This is why the Spurs should have started the season with Oberto at center. He's short, can't jump and can't shoot but he knows the game and has some juice left. Whatever Rasho and Nazr give you in the regular season in fools gold.

Oberto has been a bigger part of important games than Rasho or Nazr ever will be.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-14-2006, 12:02 AM

Absolutely, it's not like we're leaving Wilt on the bench. It's not so much that the Spurs really want to play small ball, it more they don't want to play Rasho or Nazr, and with good reason.

rascal
05-14-2006, 12:04 AM
You need to put some size in the middle. Nazr is capable of grabbing some rebounds, getting some easy putbacks on offense and being a big body in the lane to stop some penetration.

The spurs are playing into Dallas's hand with small ball.

ploto
The best quarter of the whole series was quarter 3 of Game 1. We played 2 bigs the whole quarter-- 9 minutes of Tim, 9 of Horry, and 6 of Rasho. As for rebounds- there aren't any to get when you don't get stops.

Spurologist
Could somebody tell me which was the championship starting lineup?

Soooooooo why dont you (pop) try to use your old FORMULATE???????????????????

:madrun :madrun :madrun

Nazr was in there and somehow inserting him now isn't quite the best thing to do

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 12:05 AM
I was extremely frustrated that Pop didn't use Rasho tonight. Duncan clearly needed some help in the middle, especially with Horry in foul trouble early. Harris was strolling into the lane like he was Tony Parker or something. This also got Duncan into more foul trouble. I'd like to see Rasho start and see what happens then.

Tobias
05-14-2006, 12:05 AM
As long as Small Ball is in effect, regardless of what it does to our offense - Devin Harris and Josh Howard will continue to cut into the lane like nothing.

timvp
05-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Nazr sucks. Rasho is a regular season player.

This is things that should have be found out before the second round of the playoffs. That said, it ain't too late.

Spurologist
05-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Nazr sucks. Rasho is a regular season player.

This is things that should have be found out before the second round of the playoffs. That said, it ain't too late.

So you keep Horry in the staring lineup and activate Marks?

Cant_Be_Faded
yeah nazr would be an elite player if it werent for his fingers

rascal
The spurs screwed up then with this team if they don't trust either center now.

timvp
So you keep Horry in the staring lineup and activate Marks?

Nazr, Rasho and Marks can go home.

It's winning time.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Nazr, Rasho and Marks can go home.

It's winning time.

is timvp suggesting we play small ball

ploto
05-14-2006, 12:10 AM
I was extremely frustrated that Pop didn't use Rasho tonight. Duncan clearly needed some help in the middle, especially with Horry in foul trouble early. Harris was strolling into the lane like he was Tony Parker or something. This also got Duncan into more foul trouble. I'd like to see Rasho start and see what happens then.
It's all about Pop's perceived match-ups. Always is.

T Park
05-14-2006, 12:10 AM

yuuup

beirmeistr
05-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Start Mohammed so he can control the tip. Then substitute rasho shortly thereafter before nazr has any opportunities to fumble easy passes under the basket. Quit treating Ginobili like a second-class citizen and start the man.

Manu20
05-14-2006, 12:12 AM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/cache-240x240/arton21113-240x240.jpg

Time to free the Slovenian beast.

T Park
05-14-2006, 12:12 AM
It's all about Pop's perceived match-ups. Always is.

Rasho going 1 on 1 against any guard of the Mavericks is a recipe of disaster.

Rasho isn't gonna do shit.

Roll with Horry and Oberto.

If anything, start Oberto and play Horry off the bench.

T Park
05-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Quit treating Ginobili like a second-class citizen and start the man.

If Ginobili would've shown up in the first half, the Spurs win this game going away.

Starting Barry did nothing wrong, and if Barry had more shots, it would've paid off even more.

beirmeistr
05-14-2006, 12:18 AM
If Ginobili would've shown up in the first half, the Spurs win this game going away.

Starting Barry did nothing wrong, and if Barry had more shots, it would've paid off even more.
U are entitled to your opinion, T Park. I am merely stating mine. If some of the other starters besides Duncan had shown up in the first half, the Spurs win the game going away.

ploto
05-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Roll with Horry and Oberto.

If anything, start Oberto and play Horry off the bench.
All I want is what he did against Sacramento- bring in Rasho for Tim- 10 or 12 minutes a game or so. Keep one of the two of them in the game at all times. And when you go small- do it with Tim or Rasho. I hope never again to witness Spurs small ball with the lone big being Nazr. But Rasho is seen as a bad match-up against the Dallas line-up.

SAGambler
05-14-2006, 12:26 AM
yeah nazr would be an elite player if it werent for his fingers

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Dude couldn't catch an std in a whorehouse....