PDA

View Full Version : This is who you blame...

twincam
05-13-2006, 11:21 PM
You blame the San Antonio Spurs, period.

1. Free Throws! Make some freaking free throws, they are simply that...FREE!

2. Manu. Everyone knows he's going left, it's no secret....so why go to him in the closing seconds. Oh yeah, and he did indeed turn the ball over in the closing moments of yet another game. How many times now? Too many to even think of.

3. Horry. Horry is NOT a good passer. He fakes himself out on when to pass...we've all seen this. He has an unorthodox dribble and terrible balance when he stops his dribble and throws the ball away....too too too many times. He is simply a shooter, keep it that way.

4. Mohammad. Need I say anything? I mean, really!? Biggest mistake in acquiring him for Malik.

The Spurs are simply the ones to blame...not the refs.

Key advice here for the Spurs...

MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS!

Amuseddaysleeper
05-13-2006, 11:22 PM
now here's a thread i can agree with!

A-Train
05-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Malik would be huge in this series. Again.

Ginofan
05-13-2006, 11:23 PM

2. Manu. Everyone knows he's going left, it's no secret....so why go to him in the closing seconds. Oh yeah, and he did indeed turn the ball over in the closing moments of yet another game. How many times now? Too many to even think of.

3. Horry. Horry is NOT a good passer. He fakes himself out on when to pass...we've all seen this. He has an unorthodox dribble and terrible balance when he stops his dribble and throws the ball away....too too too many times. He is simply a shooter, keep it that way.

4. Mohammad. Need I say anything? I mean, really!? Biggest mistake in acquiring him for Malik.

MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS!

First you blame manu for "turning it over" but then blame Horry for the bad pass? Make a decision.

Melmart1
05-13-2006, 11:24 PM
How about, blame nobody. The team lost, they learn from it, they move on and win game 4. Why does everybody always have to blame something. Shit happens. Spurs in 6!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2006, 11:25 PM
First you blame manu for "turning it over" but then blame Horry for the bad pass? Make a decision.
he's got you there.

Amuseddaysleeper
How about, blame nobody. The team lost, they learn from it, they move on and win game 4. Why does everybody always have to blame something. Shit happens. Spurs in 6!

i think you're wonderful melmart but the spurs will win the next 3 straight? really?

we'll win it in 7.........hopefully

v2000

MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS!
its nice to see someone not making excuses. this was a heck of a game, and both teams didnt play real well, but this next game will be even better.

Texas_Ranger

I also think so. Malik > Nazr. Mohammed can play just offens, but when you need him in defense he is like a freeway.

greyforest
05-13-2006, 11:26 PM
if we would have had 18 more free throw attempts, we would have won this game.

this is assuming that the spurs and mavericks commited roughly an equal amount of fouls to each other (which they fucking did).

what is the point of this thread?

T Park
05-13-2006, 11:26 PM
so why go to him in the closing seconds

With Duncan out of the game, who DO you go to?

give me a break, Ginobili carried the team offensively at the end of the 4th.

Biggest mistake in acquiring him for Malik

Did you say this during the playoff run last year?

Uh no, you didn't.

SouthernFried
05-13-2006, 11:27 PM
If you don't think the Spurs would have won this game by 8-10 points, if it weren't for the refs...your a moron.

Period.

T Park
I also think so. Malik > Nazr. Mohammed can play just offens, but when you need him in defense he is like a freeway.

:lmao

don't do that trade, the SPurs don't win a ring last year.

Willing to make that trade off?!

Brutalis
With Duncan out of the game, who DO you go to?

give me a break, Ginobili carried the team offensively at the end of the 4th.

Did you say this during the playoff run last year?

Uh no, you didn't.
You wasnt even around at this point of last years playoffs....

Melmart1
05-13-2006, 11:28 PM
i think you're wonderful melmart but the spurs will win the next 3 straight? really?

we'll win it in 7.........hopefully

Sure they can. If anybody shows up in the first half of a game besides just Tim Duncan? Spurs win, period. Despite 18 more FT's for the Mavs, we only lost by 1 point. If everyone hadn't been napping on the bench for the first two quarters, we woulda won by 10. Some defense would have helped, too.

Spurs in 6. Book it, dano!

Aggie Hoopsfan

So, you think that a 6'5" bench scrub would have been huge when the refs didn't even feel that Tim Duncan deserved to stick around at the end of the game?

:lol

T Park
u blame manu's stupid ass. he fucking choked with all his power. thats some shit you'd expect malik rose to do

Your a fucking idiot.

Whats Ginobili supposed to do to prevent a guy from knocking the ball off his knee before he even gets ahold of the damn ball....

samikeyp
05-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Basketball is a team game...when you win, its a team win, when you lose its a team loss. Refs don't make you miss FT's or shots or cause you to throw the ball into the first row. I did think they were inconsistent tonight but it affected both teams. They let a lot of stuff go the first 3 Q's then called it tight in the 4th.

Or am I being a "typical Spurs fan" and whining?

Melmart1
05-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Why the hell are people bringing up Malik? Who the fuck cares, he is fishing right now. You work with what you got, and what we had was a team that nearly won despite sleepwalking through most of the 1st half. Stop living in the past. The future is now. Spurs in 6.

Rescueone
05-13-2006, 11:31 PM
I knew they were going to lose when they showed the Spurs huddle and Manu with that sick stair on his face because the play was for him

Winnipeg_Spur
05-13-2006, 11:31 PM

There was a time in the 2nd, where I think Nazr failed to rebound 2 air balls in a row by the Mavs. Now that I think about it, though, that shouldn't have been much of a surprise, cause rebounding an air ball is basically the same thing as catching a pass, and Nazr sure as hell can't do that! :pctoss

samikeyp
05-13-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm convinced that "Nazr Mohammed" is Arabic for "hands of stone" :lol

Rescueone
05-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Small ball also killed us tonight

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2006, 11:34 PM
I also think so. Malik > Nazr.

Yep, a 6'5" scrub who can't even get off the bench on the worst team in the league (NY) is better than the center who started for the Spurs against the Pistons last year and has a ring to show for it. :lmao

V-2
05-13-2006, 11:34 PM
I blame Pop for messing the C rotation. Freaking Oberto, Horry and Nazr. Horry is not effective when playing big minutes. Oberto is useless, and Nazr can't catch a simple pass. Unleash Rasho.
Also, instead of having Manu on the bench, why don't Pop bench Bruce Lee?
The Mavs are scoring regardless and Bruce is a liability offensively.
Starting Monday Spurs must kill the Mavs, now is the time. Put an end to their appetite, aquire an athletic, long 4 this summer, and dominate the West for years to come.

twincam
05-13-2006, 11:35 PM
I added numbers so to explain my reasons for their blame...not to indicate order of rank.
Geez, relax guys....they will prevail...you just shouldn't blame the refs for this. The Mavs got to the basket all too easy....You blame the Spurs' defense for that....not the refs. you're frustrated, yes...let it go...the series is not over.
Calm the hell down and be truthful and accept defeat...They will learn from the many mistakes....

kskonn
I think Barry should get some more run with Duncan. He has been stepping up offensively and dare I say it, defensively. It is obvious that the Mavs are not going to double of Barry get him out there to open up the floor.

Also why was rasho not in for defensive purposes once duncan fouled out? I did not see the whole game did he come in at the beginning and suck? I saw mohammed out there really sucking so I know why he wasn't in.

Kori Ellis
4. Mohammad. Need I say anything? I mean, really!?

He played 1 min and 10 sec and caused something like an 8 point swing all on his own. :lol

Is that a record??

Rescueone
05-13-2006, 11:36 PM
It's also sad when you have Rasho and Nazr on the team, and Pop calls on the 3 string Oberto

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-13-2006, 11:37 PM
The Spurs played a hell of a game tonight.
They just came up a little bit short.
They fought their way back from being down double digits, questionable calls, bad f/t shooting and anything else that could go wrong.
It was aggrivating to see the game end the way that it did, but nothing can be done about it now.
Hopefully they learned enough tonight and from game 2 to see what the Mavs tendencies are going to be, will adjust accordingly, and even the series up going back home.

twincam
05-13-2006, 11:39 PM
The Spurs played a hell of a game tonight.
They just came up a little bit short.
They fought their way back from being down double digits, questionable calls, bad f/t shooting and anything else that could go wrong.
It was aggrivating to see the game end the way that it did, but nothing can be done about it now.
Hopefully they learned enough tonight and from game 2 to see what the Mavs tendencies are going to be, will adjust accordingly, and even the series up going back home.

thank you

PhxSuns
05-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Nothing gives me more pleasure than watching you arrogant fans complain, whine, and bitch when you are beaten soundly. This series has been a pleasure to watch. You are overmatched in everyway and were lucky to sweak by in the first game. The Mavs have surpassed you and the refs are no longer falling for Monkey-face, Tigger, and Mr. Eva longoria's flops. Your coach is first class, but your team is classless, theatrical, and boring. Hold on to the last moments of your reign as champions, as you won't make it past the second round. The NBA is better for it, and us fans of basketball would love nothing more. You spurs fans are the most pitiful, arrogant, cocky fans in the NBA. But its all coming to an end.

I look forward to your team loosing in an humiliated fashion, and you fuckers whining like the bitches that you are. Go Mavs, and Go Suns.

samikeyp
05-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Nothing gives me more pleasure than watching you arrogant fans complain, whine, and bitch when you are beaten soundly.

Generalize much? :rolleyes

this is a thread full of Spurs fans pointing the fingers at the team...isn't that where the blame lies?

Solid D
05-14-2006, 12:21 AM
It was a simple dribble hand-off play, Brent failed to execute a decent screen to pick off Harris, and Harris got his hand in there to knock it off Manu's knee. It wasn't really a pass per se, it was a hand-off.

Spurs should have hit more FTs and boxed out Dirk after getting a stop with 8 secs. left.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Sure they can. If anybody shows up in the first half of a game besides just Tim Duncan? Spurs win, period. Despite 18 more FT's for the Mavs, we only lost by 1 point. If everyone hadn't been napping on the bench for the first two quarters, we woulda won by 10. Some defense would have helped, too.

Spurs in 6. Book it, dano!

I wouldn't equate quality of results with quality of effort. The Spurs were playing hard the entire game--including the first two quarters. The results simply weren't as good until the 2nd half.

It happens. But it's a failure in logic to assume that if the Spurs simply were "more awake" they'd win easily. They are playing tough out there every quarter.