PDA

View Full Version : NBA is ENTERTAINMENT

SpursGo25
05-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Dont be fooled into thinking the refs made mistakes. They knew what they were doing. These PROFESSIONAL officials are completely capable of calling a fair game, they CHOSE not to do so today and tuesday, and they CHOOSE not to do so quite often. The reason? Obviously the NBA brass (ie Stern) lets the refs continue to completely screw up with no reprocussion, so the call must come from the NBA office on who gets screwed and when. If it was legitimate, the league office would FIRE these refs that continue to screw up horribly in so many games. The NBA is all about ENTERTAINMENT, not basketball. And the fact is that the Mavs (with the AJ story) is a far better story for ENTERTAINMENT than the Spurs. So therefore the Spurs get hammered by the refs. This isnt the first time, the Spurs have had to battle the refs for all 3 of the championships, but it was always small and subtle before. This is the first time I can recall where it is SO OBVIOUS and BLATANT.

Dont ever think that Stern cares about basketball and integrity. All he cares about is MONEY and it shows in the games. When you go to an NBA game, what do you see? You see acrobats, clowns, kids chasing money around, a coyote, etc. This isnt about basketball anymore. Stern only wants ENTERTAINMENT, and that is when games start to get fixed (just like the WWE - World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT). The truth is the Spurs dont sell ENTERTAINMENT to a wide market like other teams because fans have been conditioned to only want ENTERTAINMENT and not good basketball. Because Stern has gone away from promoting the GAME of basketball the GAME becomes secondary to ENTERTAINMENT. And it will continue to get worse until either the fans or some third party in power (i.e. Congress) puts a stop to it.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2006, 12:15 AM
So, it's fixed??

If you believe it, turn off your TV and get a new hobby.

samikeyp
05-14-2006, 12:17 AM
SpursGo...I will ask you what I asked Mav fan about the same subject.

Proof, please.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2006, 12:17 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40917