PDA

View Full Version : Wtf is Pop doing

Lakerfan
05-14-2006, 02:06 AM
I'm not sure he knows what happened to Horry 3 years ago when the Lakers started Horry in the PF position as much as Horry steps up in the Playoffs it's a wrong idea to put him in the starting line-up i'm not sure what Pop is trying to do here..

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 02:08 AM
In general I agree with you, but Pop apparently has little confidence in his centers. He's playing Oberto for Chrissakes.

ponky
05-14-2006, 02:08 AM
Helping his protege, AJ, to a finals matchup. They're great friends, didn't you hear?

Lakerfan
05-14-2006, 02:11 AM
In general I agree with you, but Pop apparently has little confidence in his centers. He's playing Oberto for Chrissakes.

Well Horry's body will break-down if this continues... so i guess he has no choice but to put Nazr back in the line-up.

rayray2k8
05-14-2006, 02:13 AM

Well at least he didnt turn the ball over and foul harris on the other end! :lol

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-14-2006, 02:14 AM
Pop needs to learn to count past the number 9.
He refuses to go any deeper in his rotation than nine players, which means that there are 18 fouls and potentially around 15-20 points completely going to waste game in and game out.
Drives me up the goddamn wall.

WalterBenitez
05-14-2006, 05:51 AM
FIRE POP and BRING HERE LARRY BROWN

Vashner
05-14-2006, 07:35 AM
I'll agree he made some bad decisions last night.

Well that last part passing to Manu... That should of been Horry

Hey Pop they don't call him Big Shot Bob for nothing... that's what he get's paid for..

Vashner
05-14-2006, 07:36 AM
We tried that already remember?

WalterBenitez
05-14-2006, 08:03 AM
We tried that already remember?
Second chance!? :lol

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 08:06 AM
I think this is going to be key to how this series turns out. Pop needs to find some sort of solution for our center position and quick. Starting Horry is clearly not working out. He can't guard Dirk and usually ends up in foul trouble. Moreover, Horry is just going to be a bigger factor if he has limited minutes and comes off the bench. Plain and Simple.

Now, it's time for Pop to decide which of his three center options he's going to go with. Although none look appealing, he has to stop being stubborn and go with either Oberto, Rasho, or Nazr. Spurs need another big man in the middle to clog up the lane against those easy drives by Harris. Also, they need a big man in the middle to help keep Tim from foul trouble. Plain and simple. Spurs can't afford to keep trading baskets back and forth like they did yesterday with the Mavs. They need to make stops at the other end and not only that......BUT GET A REBOUND. Tim Duncan can't handle the paint by himself. It's time for Pop to accept this and just pray that Rasho, Nazr, or Oberto come through. I personally say go with Rasho.

Vashner
05-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Nevermind.. i was going off topic..

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2006, 08:19 AM
go back to last season playoff rotation imo, leave finley and nve bench

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Y'all need to quit holding out hope on Pop. Oberto + 4 guards shows that he doesn't know what to do, dude is clueless and desperate.

Horry couldn't get it done playing these types of minutes three years ago, and now he's three years older. Pop has no one to blame but himself.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2006, 09:32 AM
In Pop I trust.

anthologyct
05-14-2006, 09:44 AM

Larry Brown just might be available in a couple days ..................

.................................................. ............................................

Report: Dolan considers buying out Brown's contract

Larry Brown's dream job with the New York Knicks could end after only one season.

Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan, who's upset over Brown's record and the coach's public criticism of his players, is considering buying out the final four years of the coach's contract, the New York Daily News reported in Sunday's editions.

The buyout is worth at least $40 million, the newspaper reported.

The Knicks declined to comment.

One published report indicated Knicks president Isiah Thomas was in line to replace Brown as head coach, the newspaper said, but the team would not confirm nor deny it.

Brown, who led the Knicks to a 23-59 season, has indicated that he will not resign. But the club could avoid having to pay another coach upward of $5 million a year if Thomas takes the job, the Daily News reported. One source told the newspaper that Thomas -- who coached the Pacers from 2000-2003 -- would be amenable to coaching the Knicks.

In April, one day after the Knicks completed one of the worst seasons in franchise history, Thomas said the Hall of Fame coach would return to coach the team for a second season. The underachieving roster was another story.

"I am loyal to winning and I am not loyal to any singular individual," Thomas said then. "I'm going to do what I need to do to make our team better. ...

"When you won 23 games, I think we'll make some changes," he said. "Coach and I haven't sat down and fully decided what changes we'll make, but we'll probably make some changes."

Texas_Ranger
05-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Rasho should start, and Robert should come from the bench.

wildbill2u
05-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Horry's Stats are awful:

3 3 21.3 2-11 .182 1-5 .200 4-7 .571 2.0 3.3 5.3 .7 .33 .33 1.00 3.30 3.0

I doubt NaZERO OR SLOWvakemstein could do worse when starting--and the players would have more familiarity with what they are doing.

Maybe Horry could (if he wanted to put out the effort) a bigger body on Dirk at the end of the game.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Horry is there for one reason: he spaces the floor. Tim can get off early and get a rhythm. 21 minutes isn't all that fucking much.

peskypesky
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Pop is an idiot.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again. No team is ever going to win in the NBA without a center. Duncan is going to keep on racking up fouls as long as he's the only big guy in there defending the rim and bulling for rebounds.

Small ball didn't work in game 2, and it sure as hell didn't work in game 3. But idiot Pop refuses to admit he's using a stupid game plan.

I'm convinced he has money on the Mavs.

Tim should do a Latrell on Pop.

LilMissSPURfect
05-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Pop is an idiot.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again. No team is ever going to win in the NBA without a center. Duncan is going to keep on racking up fouls as long as he's the only big guy in there defending the rim and bulling for rebounds.

Small ball didn't work in game 2, and it sure as hell didn't work in game 3. But idiot Pop refuses to admit he's using a stupid game plan.

:lol :lol

TIM should make his FOULS counts......none of this ticky tack shit....if you're gonna get called for a freakin foul make it count!! :fro

ballhog
05-14-2006, 12:47 PM
How can Nazr and Rasho get into any groove if they never know when they're going to play? Horry is way to slow to play Dork and just gives him a hack every time.

Mavs<Spurs
05-14-2006, 03:23 PM
I think this is going to be key to how this series turns out. Pop needs to find some sort of solution for our center position and quick. Starting Horry is clearly not working out. He can't guard Dirk and usually ends up in foul trouble. Moreover, Horry is just going to be a bigger factor if he has limited minutes and comes off the bench. Plain and Simple.

Now, it's time for Pop to decide which of his three center options he's going to go with. Although none look appealing, he has to stop being stubborn and go with either Oberto, Rasho, or Nazr. Spurs need another big man in the middle to clog up the lane against those easy drives by Harris. Also, they need a big man in the middle to help keep Tim from foul trouble. Plain and simple. Spurs can't afford to keep trading baskets back and forth like they did yesterday with the Mavs. They need to make stops at the other end and not only that......BUT GET A REBOUND. Tim Duncan can't handle the paint by himself. It's time for Pop to accept this and just pray that Rasho, Nazr, or Oberto come through. I personally say go with Rasho.

I agree. Go with Rasho. First, at least he knows and implements our defensive scheme better. He is a better (if slower) defender. He can block out. I am so tired of Nazr fumbling great passes. If he can't catch the ball, how is he supposed to score (which is theoretically the only advantage that he has over Rasho since it sure isn't defense). Failing that go with Oberto. In crunch time, play Robert (like normal).

And regardless of how tight and close the stupid refs are calling the game, TD can't allow himself to get in foul trouble. He must stay in the game.
He needs to avoid even the appearance of fouls. In fact, he needs to avoid things that Mark Cuban would consider fouls (at least when committed by Tim Duncan).

Mavs<Spurs
05-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Oberto + 4 guards is only minimally worse than Nazr + 4 guards.

Isn't small ball from Don Nelson. How many championships rings have teams that he coached won?

That's about as many as I have.

Mavs<Spurs
05-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Let's make them adjust to us instead of trying to adjust to them.

If we believe that we have the better team, then let's put that belief to the test.

They may have quickness on us if we have a normal kind of lineup, but we will have size and rebounding (which has been a bigger issue).

Besides, if we want to space the floor, we have higher percentage 3 point shooters than Horry.

We remember the big shots that he has made and forget that he shoots about 33 % from distance.

Bring Horry in at the end of the game, in crunch time (where his percentage is much higher than 33 %), and his body won't be too worn out to make his basketball iq impotent.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2006, 03:32 PM
You can see it in Horry's body language, he knows it's stupid that he's out there the way Pop has him.

Move Horry back to the bench, start Rasho, and let Horry finish the game with some gas in the tank. I promise he'll deliver (and Rasho too).

ALVAREZ6
05-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Pop is an idiot.

Yeah, Pop is a complete idiot.

I don't mind trying different lineups, but this 4 guards + Duncan shit DOES NOT work. Tim will be in foul trouble every game if Pop continues to use this shitty lineup. It also gives the other team so many offensive rebounding opportunities.

Pop has no idea what's going on, he looks clueless. Notice how he's never fired up on the players as much, he knows that the shitty play is coming from his retarded ass strategy.