PDA

View Full Version : Coach Pop! This should be the gameplan...

usckk
05-14-2006, 10:34 AM
1) Alright...We tried going small with four guards and Duncan. But its just isn't working. Time and time again Devin Harris is shooting layups. And if Duncan happens to be near the goal, he gets called with a foul. Further, we're getting out rebounded like crazy! I know its hard because Dallas has several tall, agile players...but going small now isn't working. I rather see Dirk or Howard shoot then seeing Harris shoot layups.

I say put Nesterovic in when Duncan is on the bench. We need his defense against drivers, and his rebounding isn't great but is much better than...let's say...Finley. Nazr right now is horrible. He isn't switching correctly on pick and rolls and still has butter hands. Then we need to put Oberto in when Horry is out. He played pretty well in Game 3. I like having him guard Dirk than Finley. We need his rebounding.

2) Give the ball to Duncan more than ever. He's feeling it right now. We need to go back to the 2002 and 2003 offense when we give it do Duncan everytime. Then if he does get double teamed, the person that gets the ball needs to drive to the hoop. It worked everytime in the 4th quarter

3) Try putting Van X with Tony Parker. This will help stop the Terry/Harris combo. They did that at then end of the 2nd quarter and it worked very well . I have a feeling Van X is going to go off. Let him shoot every once in a while. That's why we got him. Of course, if Van X goes 0-6, its not going to work. But give it a try.

4) Continue to start Barry. He fits better with the 1st team. He'll open up the block, especially if Rasho starts.

5) We need a clean, fast start. So far almost every game in the playoffs have started horrible. It not good having to come from behind all the time. Last year, we always had hot starts. We need to do that.

6) Tell Parker or whoever guards Harris to play under pick and rolls and leave him room. He's not a shooter. Give him room.

7) Push the ball every once in a while. We're letting them set their defense.

8) Play Bruce more. We need his defense and outside shooting. If we do go small, put him in instead of Finley or Barry. I don't understand why he puts Barry and Finley together all the time. Bruce's shooting is just as good as Finley

9) We need to shorten the bench. We need to play Barry more or Finley more. They both play the same way. I rather see Bruce in more. They're both playing well, but defensively, we're getting killed when they both play at the same time.

mouse
05-14-2006, 10:36 AM
To bad you don't have a coach who should have known this shit from the get go :lmao

Big Worm
05-14-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm sure Custard had a plan also patna!

ALVAREZ6
05-14-2006, 10:50 AM
3) Try putting Van X with Tony Parker. This will help stop the Terry/Harris combo. They did that at then end of the 2nd quarter and it worked very well . I have a feeling Van X is going to go off. Let him shoot every once in a while. That's why we got him. Of course, if Van X goes 0-6, its not going to work. But give it a try.

:rolleyes

WalterBenitez
05-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Let me explain my game plan:

:nutkick: on Dirk

:vomit: on Harris and Howard

:frying: on every stupid Spur making turnovers

Sportman
05-14-2006, 11:32 AM
WHY DONT YOU COACH THE SPURS???? :lol :lol

wildbill2u
05-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Harris is lighting up the Spurs because our center is letting Dampier (or Diop) get behind him and push him out of the way on a moving pick.

This leaves a lane open to the basket on the left side time after time.

Deb
05-14-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm sure Custard had a plan also patna!
:lol :lol Custard? That's what you have for brains. :lol :lol

exstatic
05-14-2006, 12:46 PM
1. Single cover Dirk.
2. Attack the basket. Only take the 3 if offered by slow/cautious rotations.
3. Enjoy the double digit win.

mouse
05-14-2006, 12:48 PM
kinda sad when your coach has to resort to going a Spurs forum for coaching help :lmao

MavsIn5
05-14-2006, 12:49 PM
get raped in 5. Thats the gameplan, and youre sticking to it nicely.