PDA

View Full Version : Upon further review:

Jimcs50
05-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Upon further review:

I just watched the last 5 mins of game 3, and came to the conclusion that the Spurs did get jobbed bigtime. I know in the heat of the moment, we all think calls are bad, but after having some time to calm down, and sit and watch the last 5 mins, I can say without a doubt that the refs are responsible for the Spurs losing this game.

Here are the calls in question:

1. On TD's 5th foul, Dirk misses shot, he goes up and grabs O rebound, going over the back of Bowen in the process, knocking him across the lane. When Dirk goes back up to shoot, TD gets called for his 5th foul. TD barely makes contact, if at all. Dirk made 2 FTs

Result - 2 pts and TD getting 5th foul

2. Dirk dribbles the ball off his foot, in top of the key area, then tries to retrieve the ball, diving out of bounds, Barry is called for tripping, and the replay showed that Brent was nowhere near Dirk, and Dirk just fell out of bounds. Dirk hits 2 FTs

Result: -2 pts

3. 2:54 left, Spurs up 2 pts. Tony clearly gets pushed in the back cutting to the basket and knocked down just as TD passes the ball, and the ball goes out of bounds, resulting in anothet turnover for SA.

Result: Loss of possession, and possible basket and points.

4. TD gets 6th foul after Dirk steps on TD's ankle and loses balance. Again, there is very little contact by TD and Dirk was just out of control, and flailing after his loss of balance.

Result : -2pts and Spurs lose TD for remaining of game which is huge.

These four HORRIBLE calls, cost the Spurs 6 pts and the services of TD in crunch time. In a one point game, these bad calls determined the result of the game, no doubt about it.

Cuban's threats paid off again, and it shows that the refs are affraid of Cuban and his tapes that he makes of each game, which shows all the poor calls. Well, I think Peter Holt or Pop need to send the film of game 3 to Stern and the Spurs need to get some decent calls now. Turn about is fair play.

bowenuglyduncanuncool
05-14-2006, 11:15 AM
You are so right...also, the play where Josh Howard was called for a foul on his block of Manu. That should have been a flagrant 2---2 shots, the ball and an ejection.

In conclusion, WHAAAAA!

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 11:15 AM
You are so right...also, the play where Josh Howard was called for a foul on his block of Manu. That should have been a flagrant 2---2 shots, the ball and an ejection.

In conclusion, WHAAAAA!

Okay, so Mavs = 1 bad call, Spurs = 10000000000000000000000000000

STFU.

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Okay, so Mavs = 1 bad call, Spurs = 10000000000000000000000000000

STFU.

Yeah, STFU

Spurologist
05-14-2006, 11:18 AM
3. 2:54 left, Spurs up 2 pts. Tony clearly gets pushed in the back cutting to the basket and knocked down just as TD passes the ball, and the ball goes out of bounds, resulting in anothet turnover for SA.

That was the fucking killer. TP was wide open and I think the lead would have been four. When a player cuts to an open basket and is impeded, you have to call it. It's fucking automatic. This calls contradicts the BS call in favor the Barry phantom trip. Even Hubie was all over that saying: "I don't know about that. He wasn't tripped" That is saying something.

It is what it is even though the refs fucked up. On to GAME 4.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Didn't record it but there is a play where Manu drives from the left baseline, goes up for about an 8" jumpshot and gets pushed in the chest as he's shooting by Dampier. No call. I know it was in the later part of the 4th. When exactly was that?

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 11:19 AM

In conclusion, WHAAAAA!

I want to ask you something;

How can you call Bowen ugly when your star player looks like a retarded goat on steroids?

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 11:19 AM
As stated earlier, if the Spurs coulf gaurd someone on the perimeter and keep the Mavs out of the lane, none of this would be an issue.

snowboarder
05-14-2006, 11:21 AM
2. Dirk dribbles the ball off his foot, in top of the key area, then tries to retrieve the ball, diving out of bounds, Barry is called for tripping, and the replay showed that Brent was nowhere near Dirk, and Dirk just fell out of bounds. Dirk hits 2 FTs

that pissed me off the most..

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Did we really need another thread about the officials?

bowenuglyduncanuncool
05-14-2006, 11:23 AM
...because Dirk is so prettyyyy

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 11:24 AM

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/capblog/2005/03/03/goat.jpg

bowenuglyduncanuncool
05-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey JimCS

Very lazy point about "that was one bad call for you versus a thousand." The point is, your analysis is SELECTIVE and thus not credible. You cannot only include calls that go against your team; its intellectually dishonest.

You guys have been watching too much crybaby basketball for too long.

SA210
05-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Great thread Jim.

I've been saying all night that all one needs to do is rewatch that damn game and watch where the officials are and see how they swallowed there whistles and called BS to help the Mavs.

Watch the damn game again.

I hate when Spurs fans whine about people that have legit gripes about the officiating.

Refs > Spurs

Spurologist
05-14-2006, 11:26 AM

very pretty. Congrats on the Brokeback2 deal.

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/dirk_nash_1.jpg

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/images/photos/uaoh9e0v.jpg

http://www.sportscolumn.com/images/storyimages/dirk1.jpg

Big Worm
05-14-2006, 11:28 AM
^ Last resort for a desperate Spurs fan.........

I guess the refs made Nazr and Manu fumble the ball? and Horry miss that last basket. why not blame the refs for the global warming whlie your at it :lmao

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey JimCS

Very lazy point about "that was one bad call for you versus a thousand." The point is, your analysis is SELECTIVE and thus not credible. You cannot only include calls that go against your team; its intellectually dishonest.

This coming from the guy who's team's owner cries publically and on a blog and sends tapes of every game he finds unfairly officiated to the league office. Shut the fuck up already dude. You'd be whining and crying too if this shit was happening to the Mavs.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Hey JimCS

Those were all CLEARLY bad calls. The ONE bad call the Mavs can lay claim to is the one where Howard blocked Manu. The Mavs got every other legimate call and several illegitimate ones. Even the Armstrong call some Mavs were bitching about replay showed Armstrong was not stationary but sliding to his left to get the contact. Fact is that in crunch time the refs screwed the Spurs and took the game from them the Mavs didn't.

bowenuglyduncanuncool
05-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Hehe...yes...I love you Dirk...

on another note, please get that benedict arnold next to him off my screen

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Too funny...too f'in funny...

bowenuglyduncanuncool
05-14-2006, 11:31 AM
So does eveyone agree with my point about how you guys just bitch based on selective analysis, ignoring the facts that don't support your case? This is what it means to be a homer and not have credibility.

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 11:32 AM
So does eveyone agree with my point about how you guys just bitch based on selective analysis, ignoring the facts that don't support your case? This is what it means to be a homer and not have credibility.

You got one bad call on your side. Why don't you acknowledge ours because you're complaining that we're whining and then you bring up the call on Howard. Cry me a river.

SA210
05-14-2006, 11:32 AM
MVP so far of the playoffs = NBA Referees

gospursgojas
05-14-2006, 11:34 AM
:tu good post

I know refs are human and make mistakes, but when those mistakes go from only influencing the game, and setting the pace of the game (which refs should have no part in anyway), to actually effecting the outcome of the game, I get pissed.

texas84
You are obviously just pissed right now.

1. With as much contact as Bowen has with Dirk, you can bet the refs will let Dirk have some also. Listen to yourself bitch about contact between Dirk and Bowen... how ironic. BTW... Duncan's arms weren't straight up in the air. That was a foul, just like it would be on our big men.
2. There was contact on this play. Barry was nowhere near him... what tape are you watching???? Realistically tho, this call could have gone either way.
3. Not clear cut. Could've been called either way as a trip or just TP tripping on defender's foot.
4. Duncan tried his best to get out of the way. But there was contact, Duncan was in the restricted area, and yes... Dirk did lose his balance and completely lose the ball after rolling his ankle. Another difficult call.

Now, yall did get the Howard's clean block on Manu call. Things aren't as slanted as you think they are.

picnroll
I'd love to see Stu Jackson try to break down the last five minutes of that game on his NBA TV show. Not going to happen.

Jimcs50
05-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey JimCS

There was one bad call for SA, that was when Manu got a questionable call with about 5 mins left, but that was all that I saw, and that was just your every day bad call. These calls that I made note of were so clearly wrong that I really think that the refs are affraid of Mark Cuban.

The Spurs had good refs last night and I had no problems with these refs before, that is what pisses me off so much. Had it been Bennett Salvatore, I could have lived with it. But the scary things is, the Spurs have not had their bad refs yet and they need to win 3 of next 4 games.

:depressed

weebo
Hey JimCS

Why can't he do that? Cuban does it all the time.

bowenuglyduncanuncool
Have you guys ever heard of principal?
Whether it was one bad call or 100, the point is if your going to criticize refs and have credibility, you have to also consider bad calls that went in your teams favor. Anyone disagree with this? You may have to get a little philosophical for a second and not just revert to being a knee-jerk Spurs apologist.

Big Worm
05-14-2006, 11:36 AM
MVP so far of the playoffs = NBA Referees
It's hard to read this topic any further............There is only so much crying a person can take..................

http://www.technoplus.com/images/crying_baby.gif

picnroll
05-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Whether it was one bad call or 100, the point is if your going to criticize refs and have credibility, you have to also consider bad calls that went in your teams favor. Anyone disagree with this? You may have to get a little philosophical for a second and not just revert to being a knee-jerk Spurs apologist.
Look you got the win, you didn't deserve it. Live with it. Don't try to pretend it was legitimate too.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 11:39 AM

That foul pissed me off the most. Replay upon replay show Barry was nowhere NEAR tripping Dirk on that play. It was so ridiculous.

Anyways, blaming refs won't get us anywhere. Great teams, like the Spurs have in the past, learn to play through bad officiating and still win.

With that said though, a 30-50 FT differential in favor of the Spurs would have had Cuban's blog on fire and Avery throwing a tantrum. Good thing Spurs are more mature and above all that. :lol

Jimcs50
05-14-2006, 11:40 AM
It's hard to read this topic any further............There is only so much crying a person can take..................

I do not cry about the refs. look at the game blog from last night and see for yourself. I was trying to remain calm, but after watching the repaly, I had to speak up for my team.

You are a true homer, if you do not agree with these horrendous calls.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 11:41 AM
True Spurs fans complain but Cuban would bleed out from his menses.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 11:41 AM
You got one bad call on your side. Why don't you acknowledge ours because you're complaining that we're whining and then you bring up the call on Howard. Cry me a river.

Do you honestly think there was only ONE bad call that went in the Spurs favor??? WTF???

Deb
05-14-2006, 11:42 AM

Get a new picture. You've posted this one on every thread in here.

Jimcs50
05-14-2006, 11:42 AM
With that said though, a 30-50 FT differential in favor of the Spurs would have had Cuban's blog on fire and Avery throwing a tantrum. Good thing Spurs are more mature and above all that. :lol

Spot on.

I can live with the FT descrepency, but not blatantly poor calls that affect the outcome.

As I said, we still have Dick Bevetta and Salvatore on our schedule, and that scares the shit out of me.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Do you honestly think there was only ONE bad call that went in the Spurs favor??? WTF???
So bring out another blatant bad call in the last five minutes. And don't try the Amstrong block or I'll TIVO your ass.

bowenuglyduncanuncool
05-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Alright guys...i tried reasoning...i even tried getting a little philosophical with you...but at the end of the day, i've realized you can't talk logically to a crying infant child.

So..........
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weebo
05-14-2006, 11:44 AM

How many calls can you name that went in the Spurs favor in the last five minutes of a one point game?

Jimcs50
05-14-2006, 11:53 AM
How many calls can you name that went in the Spurs favor in the last five minutes of a one point game?

* crickets chirping*

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I watched it again. . Duncan got him on the arm and with the body. . . it was a foul.

Jimcs50
05-14-2006, 11:59 AM
I watched it again. . Duncan got him on the arm and with the body. . . it was a foul.

The 5th foul??? You mean the one where Dirk shoved Bruce out of the way first???? Where Dirk should have gotten the foul BEFORE TD fouled Dirk????

Not the 6th foul??? The one where Dirk fell into TD???

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 12:02 PM
The 6th foul, when TD was in the restricred area and Dirk took it to the rim and drew contact with TD's body and TD got him on the arm.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 12:07 PM
TD didn't get him on the arm. There was no contact of Duncan's arm and Dirks.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-14-2006, 12:07 PM

If you really did rewatch these plays, you would clearly see Parker stepped on a Mavericks foot and that is what caused the fall. This thread is some serious bullshit.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 12:08 PM
If you really did rewatch these plays, you would clearly see Parker stepped on a Mavericks foot and that is what caused the fall. This thread is some serious bullshit.

LMAO...no kidding! Parker pushed in the back? He cut thru and tripped on Howard's foot. Incidental...good call...

mouse
05-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Get a new picture. You've posted this one on every thread in here.

get some new smack and I will , Fuck off and Retard is so 1993 :lmao

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 12:09 PM
TD didn't get him on the arm. There was no contact of Duncan's arm and Dirks.

watch it again. . .

besides, dude was in the restricted area and made contact with his body as well. It was a foul.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-14-2006, 12:09 PM
You'd be whining and crying too if this shit was happening to the Mavs.
So you are admitting to whining and crying? :lol

picnroll
05-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Nope. Parker's foot went under the other guys leg not on top of his foot a la Dirk on Duncan. In the NBA accidental trips like that are still called when they impede the play.

v2000
05-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Upon further review:

I just watched the last 5 mins of game 3, and came to the conclusion that the Spurs did get jobbed bigtime. I know in the heat of the moment, we all think calls are bad, but after having some time to calm down, and sit and watch the last 5 mins, I can say without a doubt that the refs are responsible for the Spurs losing this game.

1. On TD's 5th foul, Dirk misses shot, he goes up and grabs O rebound, going over the back of Bowen in the process, knocking him across the lane. When Dirk goes back up to shoot, TD gets called for his 5th foul. TD barely makes contact, if at all. Dirk made 2 FTs

4. TD gets 6th foul after Dirk steps on TD's ankle and loses balance. Again, there is very little contact by TD and Dirk was just out of control, and flailing after his loss of balance.

These four HORRIBLE calls, cost the Spurs 6 pts and the services of TD in crunch time. In a one point game, these bad calls determined the result of the game, no doubt about it.

Cuban's threats paid off again, and it shows that the refs are affraid of Cuban and his tapes that he makes of each game, which shows all the poor calls. Well, I think Peter Holt or Pop need to send the film of game 3 to Stern and the Spurs need to get some decent calls now. Turn about is fair play.
well, after all the bullshit the Spurs got away with in game 1, it was only fair we get at least a few calls our way eventually. the Spurs still have gotten more help from the refs than the mavs have over the course of the series.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Good thing Spurs are more mature and above all that. :lol
The fans sure aren't.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 12:12 PM
watch it again. . .

besides, dude was in the restricted area and made contact with his body as well. It was a foul.
Duncan was stationary, arm straight up, the other arm on Dirks body didn't push outward but stayed against Duncan's body. Dirk came barreling into Duncan, flailed and the refs gave him his usual bail out.

Deb
05-14-2006, 12:13 PM
get some new smack and I will , Fuck off and Retard is so 1993 :lmao
You should remember 1993 well. That was the year you were born. :elephant

KingsFanWithoutName
05-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Nope. Parker's foot went under the other guys leg not on top of his foot a la Dirk on Duncan. In the NBA accidental trips like that are still called when they impede the play.
I'm watching it on Tivo right now. Sorry, he tripped his own ass. He clearly stepped on his foot, I'm seeing it on a 62in. plasma.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-14-2006, 12:15 PM
This should be nominated for lamest comeback of the year.

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Duncan was stationary, arm straight up, the other arm on Dirks body didn't push outward but stayed against Duncan's body. Dirk came barreling into Duncan, flailed and the refs gave him his usual bail out.

It doesn't matter if he was stationary, half his body was in the restricted area, which makes Dirk's "barrelling" totally legal. There was body contact, initiated by Dirk, but that's totally fine and legal too. Why? Because TD was in the restricted area. It's a foul.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 12:23 PM
It doesn't matter if he was stationary, half his body was in the restricted area, which makes Dirk's "barrelling" totally legal. There was body contact, initiated by Dirk, but that's totally fine and legal too. Why? Because TD was in the restricted area. It's a foul.

CUT AND DRY DIPSHITS!!

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Eh

I am Tom
05-14-2006, 12:28 PM

That was really not that bad :smokin

picnroll
05-14-2006, 12:28 PM
CUT AND DRY DIPSHITS!!
I gues it's because Mav fans (and apparently some Kings fans) don't know NBA rules that thy don't get it. Here you go LEONARD

BLOCK-CHARGE

A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of a dribbler regardless of his speed and distance.

A defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive play-er once he has started his shooting motion.

A defensive player must allow a moving player the distance to stop or change direction when the offensive player receives a pass outside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player must allow an alighted player the distance to land and then stop or change direction when the offensive player is outside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of an offensive player who receives a pass inside the lower defensive box regardless of his speed and distance.

A defensive player must allow an alighted player who receives a pass the space to land when the offensive player is inside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player must allow a moving offensive player without the ball the distance to stop or change direction.

The speed of the offensive player will determine the amount of distance a defensive player must allow.

If an offensive player causes contact with a defensive player who has estab-lished a legal position, an offensive foul shall be called and no points may be scored.

A defensive player may turn slightly to protect himself, but is never allowed to bend over and submarine an opponent.

An offensive foul should never be called if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul.

The "restricted area" for this purpose is the area bounded by an arc with a 4-foot radius measured from the middle of the basket.

EXCEPTION: Any player may be legally positioned within the "restricted area" if the offensive player receives the ball within the Lower Defensive Box.

The mere fact that contact occurs on these type of plays, or any other similar play, does not necessarily mean that a personal foul has been committed. The offi-cials must decide whether the contact is negligible and/or incidental, judging each situation separately.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-14-2006, 12:31 PM
The Spurs are too good at finishing at the rack to get calls in this league now. If you go to the basket like Duncan, Manu or Parker and get bumped but make the shot 80% of the time they don't call anything. If you throw your body into the defender and then miss the shot badly (like Dirk did last night, over and over) they seem to give you that call everytime.

They also have no clue how to officiate post players anymore, since big softies like Nogameski have made them nearly exctinct. Duncan gets held and grabbed by the Mavs untalented group of scrubs and gets no whistles, virtually everyime down the court.

That's the new NBA rules...

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 12:35 PM
I gues it's because Mav fans (and apparently some Kings fans) don't know NBA rules that thy don't get it. Here you go LEONARD

BLOCK-CHARGE

A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of a dribbler regardless of his speed and distance.

A defensive player is not permitted to move into the path of an offensive play-er once he has started his shooting motion.

A defensive player must allow a moving player the distance to stop or change direction when the offensive player receives a pass outside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player must allow an alighted player the distance to land and then stop or change direction when the offensive player is outside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of an offensive player who receives a pass inside the lower defensive box regardless of his speed and distance.

A defensive player must allow an alighted player who receives a pass the space to land when the offensive player is inside the lower defensive box.

A defensive player must allow a moving offensive player without the ball the distance to stop or change direction.

The speed of the offensive player will determine the amount of distance a defensive player must allow.

If an offensive player causes contact with a defensive player who has estab-lished a legal position, an offensive foul shall be called and no points may be scored.

A defensive player may turn slightly to protect himself, but is never allowed to bend over and submarine an opponent.

An offensive foul should never be called if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul.

The "restricted area" for this purpose is the area bounded by an arc with a 4-foot radius measured from the middle of the basket.

EXCEPTION: Any player may be legally positioned within the "restricted area" if the offensive player receives the ball within the Lower Defensive Box.

The mere fact that contact occurs on these type of plays, or any other similar play, does not necessarily mean that a personal foul has been committed. The offi-cials must decide whether the contact is negligible and/or incidental, judging each situation separately.

and the officials took those rules into account and made the call...deal with it!!

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 12:35 PM
The fans sure aren't.

:lol Well, I'm sure if it was the Kings series and the Spurs had a 32-50 advantage in FT's, you'd feel the same way. But if you look at it logically, and without bias, it's clear the game shouldn't have come to that point to begin with if the Spurs had played 48 minutes, instead of just in the second half.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 12:36 PM
and the officials took those rules into account and made the call...deal with it!!
So you're saying you don't know the rules and are full of shit?

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 12:38 PM
So you're saying you don't know the rules and are full of shit?

Yep, you got it...

Mavs 2
Spurs 1

picnroll
05-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Yep, you got it...

Mavs 2
Spurs 1
Okay. As long as we know where you and most of these Mavs fans are coming from.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Okay. As long as we know where you and most of these Mavs fans are coming from.

So Dirk received the ball in the lower defensive box???

picnroll
05-14-2006, 12:51 PM
So Dirk received the ball in the lower defensive box???
Still having a hard time undertanding the rules LEONARD? Maybe you ought to follow some simpler sport like shuffle board or badmiton.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Still having a hard time undertanding the rules LEONARD? Maybe you ought to follow some simpler sport like shuffle board or badmiton.

Not so much...

The lower defensive box is the area between the 3' post-up marks, the bottom tip of the circle, and the endline. I'll have to go back and look, but I think Dirk received the ball out by the FT line...which would mean that Duncan couldn't have been legally positioned in the restricted area...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

picnroll
05-14-2006, 01:23 PM
You're wrong.

Read all the rules. Or take up shuffle board.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 01:34 PM
You're wrong.

Read all the rules. Or take up shuffle board.

EXPLAIN to me why I'm wrong...

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 01:46 PM

BS, how many times have you seen that enforced throughout the season? Regardless of this, every NBA fan knows that even if you get set and have even just the back of your heel on the restricted line the ref will call it a block. And TD had half his fucking body in the ristricted area.

Look, I'm a huge Spurs fan too, but we gotta stop crying like fucking babies and play!!

Mr Hanky
05-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Look, I'm a huge Spurs fan too, but we gotta stop crying like fucking babies and play!!

Quote of the day :smokin

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 01:47 PM
BS, how many times have you seen that enforced throughout the season? Regardless of this, every NBA fan knows that even if you get set and have even just the back of your heel on the restricted line the ref will call it a block. And TD had half his fucking body in the ristricted area.

THANK YOU!!

I'd still like for picnroll to explain to me where I'm wrong regarding the rule, regardless of whether it's ever enforced or not...

T Park
05-14-2006, 02:01 PM
:lol @ mavs fan.

if it was the other way around, whoo boy.....

BTW, Spurs fans, go look up the last game Joey Crawford reffed, and how many FT's Bonzi Wells shot.

Coincidence?

dbreiden83080
05-14-2006, 02:11 PM
You are obviously just pissed right now.

1. With as much contact as Bowen has with Dirk, you can bet the refs will let Dirk have some also. Listen to yourself bitch about contact between Dirk and Bowen... how ironic. BTW... Duncan's arms weren't straight up in the air. That was a foul, just like it would be on our big men.
2. There was contact on this play. Barry was nowhere near him... what tape are you watching???? Realistically tho, this call could have gone either way.
3. Not clear cut. Could've been called either way as a trip or just TP tripping on defender's foot.
4. Duncan tried his best to get out of the way. But there was contact, Duncan was in the restricted area, and yes... Dirk did lose his balance and completely lose the ball after rolling his ankle. Another difficult call.

Now, yall did get the Howard's clean block on Manu call. Things aren't as slanted as you think they are.

My problem is the inconsistancy of the calls, at times they would let them play and others all the tik tac calls were going against the Spurs. In the 4th when Duncan went up for a O bound he got hammered twice and he still put it back in and there was no call. However Dirk gets 2 calls on Duncan with very little contact at all that get him out of the game. He is a fucking 2 time MVP why is he getting no respect from the officials, MJ could have guys in headlocks and they never called it.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 02:26 PM

They blow there share of calls that way but ....

usually that blocking foul call is made when the defenders moves into the path even slightly or his arms are not vertical and he makes contact with the offensive players arm or he uses an arm to push the offensive player. Duncan did none of these.

If you think they always call that foul how many times have you seen Parker going inot a post defender this year on a drive with no blocking call made. Piling into a post defender doesn't or at least shouldn't guarantee you a blocking foul. Saying they always make that call is BS, particularly in that situation on a player of Duncan's status with five fouls. The ref fucked it plain and simple.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 02:28 PM
They blow there share of calls that way but ....

usually that blocking foul call is made when the defenders moves into the path even slightly or his arms are not vertical and he makes contact with the offensive players arm or he uses an arm to push the offensive player. Duncan did none of these.

If you think they always call that foul how many times have you seen Parker going inot a post defender this year on a drive with no blocking call made. Piling into a post defender doesn't or at least shouldn't guarantee you a blocking foul. Saying they always make that call is BS, particularly in that situation on a player of Duncan's status with five fouls. The ref fucked it plain and simple.

Foreget all that and tell my why I'm wrong based on the rule as it's written...

Did Dirk receive the ball inside or outside of the lower defensive box???

picnroll
05-14-2006, 02:33 PM
If he received the ball outside the box and ran into Duncan who was his primary defender and Duncan didn't move, hit Dirks arm, etc. the call should be a charge on Dirk. Just because a defender is inside the box doesn't mean you get free reign to run him over and get the call on top of it. That's why you see guys slide to the side on drives.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 02:42 PM
If he received the ball outside the box and ran into Duncan who was his primary defender and Duncan didn't move, hit Dirks arm, etc. the call should be a charge on Dirk. Just because a defender is inside the box doesn't mean you get free reign to run him over and get the call on top of it. That's why you see guys slide to the side on drives.

Don't you have that backwards??

The "restricted area" for this purpose is the area bounded by an arc with a 4-foot radius measured from the middle of the basket

If Dirk didn't receive the ball WITHIN the lower defensive box, then the defensive player can't be legally positioned within the restricted area...

samikeyp
05-14-2006, 02:46 PM
I hate when Spurs fans whine about people that have legit gripes about the officiating.

"the refs cost us the game" is not a legit gripe.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 02:48 PM

They're going to yell at you for stifling their ranting and raving with your logic and reason.

Dingle Barry
05-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Parker was tripped by Howard. I have watched it in slow motion many times and Howard's leg extends as if to purposefully trip Parker. If you don't see the same thing, well, kill yourself.

Even if it was an accident, it is still called. Especially right after the phantom Barry foul on GermaPuss.

Das Texan
05-14-2006, 02:50 PM
ya we got jobbed by the refs.

big deal.

both teams gave the effort out there.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Fucking Spurs fans.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Si
Se
Puede

Si
Se
Puede

Si
Se
Puede

picnroll
05-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Let's try again

The mere fact that contact occurs on these type of plays, or any other similar play, does not necessarily mean that a personal foul has been committed. The officials must decide whether the contact is negligible and/or incidental, judging each situation separately.

Notice the words secondary defensive player and the word any player? What does that tell you? Think about it. How easy would it be to just run into a player in the restricted area, jack up a shot and get the foul. Nevermind don't think about it, just watch Dirk.

Mavs<Spurs
05-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Upon further review:

I completely agree with you.

I would also like to make the point that a lot of us who are saying that we believe the refs cost us game 3 do not say that about most Spurs losses. For instance, I don't think that the refs cost us game 2. I do think that game 2 was badly officiated, but that's not why we lost. Very infrequently do I believe that officials have a decisive impact upon a Spurs game. In Game 3, this was too obvious to ignore. TD sitting on the bench is obviously an unbelievable important consequence. Jcs did a good job of listing the bad calls.

In general, in the playoffs, a good sign that a game was badly officiated is if (a) a perimeter jumpshooting team shoots 50 fts (b) if the team that leads the league in points in the paint shoots 20 fewer fts than a perimeter jumpshooting team (c) there are 80 fts shot in a game.

samikeyp
05-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Fucking Spurs fans.

of which you are one.

Unless you mean just the ones that are dropping the refs card...then I agree with you.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Notice the words secondary defensive player and the word any player? What does that tell you? Think about it. How easy would it be to just run into a player in the restricted area, jack up a shot and get the foul. Nevermind don't think about it, just watch Dirk.

Mmmkay...probably not worth continuing this... :drunk

Mavs_man_41
05-14-2006, 03:11 PM
whiner

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 03:11 PM
In general, in the playoffs, a good sign that a game was badly officiated is if (a) a perimeter jumpshooting team shoots 50 fts (b) if the team that leads the league in points in the paint shoots 20 fewer fts than a perimeter jumpshooting team (c) there are 80 fts shot in a game.

a) The Mavs may be considered a "jumpshooting team" by most, but they drove to the basket MUCH more than the Spurs did. You're making it sound like they got their FT's by getting fouled on jumpshots???

b) See a above.

c) I agree...too many fouls overall...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2006, 03:35 PM

Tell me, who's been fined more for crying about officiating? THe Spurs franchise, or the Mavs?

Cuban's been fined enough to pay a quarter of Finley's yearly salary. If he'd ever shut up, maybe he wouldn't have to cut him :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2006, 03:41 PM
spurs fans now have no right to whine about the following people

Mark Cuban
George Karl
Kobe Bryant
Ray Allen

these people have been accused of whining too much about refs and bad calls but now alot of Spurs fans have officially reached the same level of complaining..........

its nearly 24hrs after the game and there is still carrying on.

as Mavs fans would say................ 2-1 is all that matters to them now. Im sure the Spurs have won games because of poor reffing and then the fans probably got upset coz the other teams fans complained about the refs.........

now your doing the same over and over and over again.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Apparently the Spurs players are crybabies too. Word is they were fumoing about the reffing after the game.
When you get totally jobbed it's pretty normal to be pissed. It's one think to miss a call or two in crunch time. But to have a clusterfuck of blown calls 5 to 1 going against your team would piss most except the political correct fagazi tough "oh I just suck it up"s. That last five minutes was certainly one of the most one sided screw jobs in a playoffs in a while.

ponky
05-14-2006, 03:59 PM
It's good that everyone is so obsessed with the officiating, especially Duncan and his sorry post-game comments. Hopefully the Spurs players will just chalk it up to bad officiating and forget about making adjustments to their own gameplay.

ponky
05-14-2006, 04:00 PM
spurs fans now have no right to whine about the following people

Mark Cuban
George Karl
Kobe Bryant
Ray Allen

these people have been accused of whining too much about refs and bad calls but now alot of Spurs fans have officially reached the same level of complaining..........

its nearly 24hrs after the game and there is still carrying on.

as Mavs fans would say................ 2-1 is all that matters to them now. Im sure the Spurs have won games because of poor reffing and then the fans probably got upset coz the other teams fans complained about the refs.........

now your doing the same over and over and over again.

You're exactly right. Wait, wait, let me guess what the Spurs fan retort will be to your post...."BUT YOU'RE A NUGGETS FAN, HAHAHAHAHA!!! "

texas84
05-14-2006, 04:00 PM

In general, it's a pretty good sign that someone doesn't watch the game or can't tell what type of ball a team plays if a) they believe the Mavs are a perimeter jumpshooting team, and b) thinks they got 50 free throws by getting fouled on jumpshots.

Come on man, you're joking, right??

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 04:07 PM
If Timmy "moved out of the way" Dirk wouldn't of stepped on his foot. Therefore it's a foul plain and simple. Now stop fucking whinning about it.

Go Spurs!!

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 04:09 PM
It's good that everyone is so obsessed with the officiating, especially Duncan and his sorry post-game comments. Hopefully the Spurs players will just chalk it up to bad officiating and forget about making adjustments to their own gameplay.

WTF? Did you even watch the same game everyone else watched? Are you stuck in 2003? Our Spurs just got their ass kicked. They've been getting thier ass kicked the entire playoffs, we can't guard anyone, we're fucking old, and fucking slow. That's why we lost. Not because of the refs or some stupid consipercy.

Go Spurs Go!!

VinnyTestesVerde
05-14-2006, 04:09 PM

Pretty easy to act calm and enlightened when you're the beneficiary of poor officiating. I suppose you've analyzed EVERY fact and concluded that your position is correct? That's probably what you've done. You and you alone are the only person who as seriously analyzed this situation and made an objective conclusion.

If you guys are comfortable with advancing in the playoffs riding on your 50 free-throw attempts per game, that's fine with me. If that's what it takes for your team to advance, good luck.

Sure there were things that the Spurs could have done better. Maybe they should have made some more free-throws. Maybe they should have been more aggressive driving to the basket. Maybe they should be more careful not to turn the ball over.

THINGS THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WORK ON INCLUDE:
1) not breathing near Mavs players
2) monitoring exact foot placement so that clumsy players don't roll their ankles
3) not chasing after loose balls for fear of being called for tripping

picnroll
05-14-2006, 04:10 PM
If Timmy "moved out of the way" Dirk wouldn't of stepped on his foot. Therefore it's a foul plain and simple.
Stupid post of the day?

NuGGeTs-FaN
You're exactly right. Wait, wait, let me guess what the Spurs fan retort will be to your post...."BUT YOU'RE A NUGGETS FAN, HAHAHAHAHA!!! "

:lol yes.........the comebacks are old news

i know George Karl whinges about the refs. I know Melo got upset in round 1 this year with the refs. But i can admit it and also admit that they need to shut up and get on with the job

they get paid Millions to coach and play the game, nothing more and nothing less

texas84
My problem is the inconsistancy of the calls, at times they would let them play and others all the tik tac calls were going against the Spurs. In the 4th when Duncan went up for a O bound he got hammered twice and he still put it back in and there was no call. However Dirk gets 2 calls on Duncan with very little contact at all that get him out of the game. He is a fucking 2 time MVP why is he getting no respect from the officials, MJ could have guys in headlocks and they never called it.

Over the first 3 games of this series, Duncan has gone to the line 34 times. He has gotten both our centers into foul trouble nightly. He's drawn a few fouls on Dirk also. He has also had several 'and 1' plays. Duncan is getting his fair share of calls.

The problem lies in that all of the Spurs other big men are benchwarmers right now. Duncan is the only shot blocking presence playing good ball right now so when the Mavs drive, he is the only guy that is going to get the block or the foul.

Dirk has gone to the line 37 times, and the majority were yesterday, which I will tell you is an aberration. There won't be many (if anymore) nights like that. As hard as it may be to believe, Dirk doesn't get every call either. For most of the season, Mavs fans feel the same way about respect for Dirk that Spurs fans feel about Tim.

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Mavs fans can't even try to be funny.

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Stupid post of the day?

It's either a block or a trip, dude was moving (as he himself had said, he was trying to move out of the way), by the rules as they are enforced go it was either a block or a trip b/c contact was made. It's a fucking foul so stop fucking bitching about it and focus on the fact that our team is playing like ass!!

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 04:16 PM
It's either a block or a trip, dude was moving (as he himself had said, he was trying to move out of the way), by the rules as they are enforced go it was either a block or a trip b/c contact was made. It's a fucking foul so stop fucking bitching about it and focus on the fact that our team is playing like ass!!

How about you shutup and stop trolling? Seriously.

VinnyTestesVerde
Stupid post of the day?

You have my vote.

picnroll
His feet were planted. You've got no case and I highly doubt you're even a Spurs fan dude.

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 04:19 PM
His feet were planted. You've got no case and I highly doubt you're even a Spurs fan dude.

The poster's fave team was listed as the Mavs until he changed it 2 seconds ago. Yep, a stupidity front was on its way.

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 04:21 PM

How can his feet be planted when he himself said he was trying to get out of the way? WTF? It's a foul, I hate to say it, but it's a foul.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Asswipe you lost any credibility you had when you changed who your favorite team was. No sack so get lost.

And just in case you can try to get ut of the way by leaning back or to the side. He didn't move his feet

greensborohill
05-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Asswipoe you lost any credibility you had when you changed who your favorite team was. No sack so get lost.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I did no such thing. I've been a Spurs fan since 1993.

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 04:29 PM
greensborohill
Believe.

Position: Streaky Guard
Team: Dallas Mavericks
vBookie Cash: $500

Well, DFW isn't that far from Oklahoma.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Maybe I was wrong about your not being a Spurs fan. In that case I apologize. I'm not wrong about Duncan's feet. He was planted.
Just saw SPARKY's post. Maybe I wasn't wrong about the asswipe thing either. Busted.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 04:35 PM
We've faced the Kings, the Lakers, the Nuggets, the Nets, the Pistons, the Suns, the TWolves, the Knicks. Who else? It is safe to say that Mavs fans are the stupidest we've had to face.

polandprzem
05-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Is this thread about crying?

Winnipeg_Spur
05-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah the Mavs clearly got into the paint more than the Spurs that's why they got to the line 50 fucking times. Except the Spurs led in points in the paint 50 - 42. Oops...

SA210
05-14-2006, 06:30 PM
weak.

Horrible officiating that changed the outcome of the game is.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Godamn. Why can't you fuckers just give it up? Do you think that every time the Spurs have won in the playoffs the officating has been neutral and they simply outplayed their competition?

Of course not, because officiating is a variable that changes form game to fucking game. But the difference is that you don't see 20 damn 20 page threads in here when the Spurs get the benefit of the calls.

Get over it. There were calls that didn't go the Spurs way but the bottom line is that they didn't execute a play which would have given them the lead. They also didn't box out Dirk to prevent Dallas from taking the leauge. In the NBA to win a championship those are the little things you have to do to overcome officiating in games when you may not have gotten your share of the calls.

But give it up. The Spurs did not lose because of officiating. They lost because of everything they did wrong and the fact that they didn't decide to start playing ball untill it they were in a pretty damn deep hole.

Don't expect to get a fair shake. Expect your team to rise above whatever is placed in their path if they want ot be champions. If not, they can go fishing like the rest of the also rans.

But for fuck's sake, quit your damn whining already.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't know where Spurs fans have been all season, but FTA has been one of the biggest downfalls for the team this season. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with injuries to Tim Duncan and Manu, but Spurs have not been getting to the line ALL SEASON LONG.

Yes, there were some crazy ass calls in the 4th quarter (i.e that Brent Barry foul as Dirk was going out of bounds still has me confused), but I think it's time to move on. There's nothing we can do about it now, and NBA officiating "is what it is" as Bruce Bowen likes to say.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Did somebody appoint a new head etiquette Nazi?

SA210
05-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Godamn. Why can't you fuckers just give it up? Do you think that every time the Spurs have won in the playoffs the officating has been neutral and they simply outplayed their competition?

Of course not, because officiating is a variable that changes form game to fucking game. But the difference is that you don't see 20 damn 20 page threads in here when the Spurs get the benefit of the calls.

Get over it. There were calls that didn't go the Spurs way but the bottom line is that they didn't execute a play which would have given them the lead. They also didn't box out Dirk to prevent Dallas from taking the leauge. In the NBA to win a championship those are the little things you have to do to overcome officiating in games when you may not have gotten your share of the calls.

But give it up. The Spurs did not lose because of officiating. They lost because of everything they did wrong and the fact that they didn't decide to start playing ball untill it they were in a pretty damn deep hole.

Don't expect to get a fair shake. Expect your team to rise above whatever is placed in their path if they want ot be champions. If not, they can go fishing like the rest of the also rans.

But for fuck's sake, quit your damn whining already.

Go get a life sellout.

Shouldn't you be busy buying Spurs tickets so that you can go to the next game only to leave early again and quit on your Spurs?

Sellout.

spurschick
05-14-2006, 06:46 PM
If the Spurs had made some shots and taken care of the ball in the first half, the last minutes of the game wouldn't be an issue. The refs will always be the third team that the other two have to adjust to, but the refs don't control the ball going in the basket or someone throwing the ball to a phantom teammate.

On another note, the Mavs clearly had that game under control and let the Spurs back in to almost win it. If I were a Mavs fan, I'd be pretty pissed off that they almost let it get away. As Spurs fans, we've seen our guys piss away leads many times and, while the win is great, it is usually accompanied by a raised eyebrow.

Spurs in 6.

Mavs<Spurs
05-14-2006, 06:46 PM
In general, it's a pretty good sign that someone doesn't watch the game or can't tell what type of ball a team plays if a) they believe the Mavs are a perimeter jumpshooting team, and b) thinks they got 50 free throws by getting fouled on jumpshots.

Come on man, you're joking, right??

I forgot about how often that Dirk posts up on the block. Without a player who can score posting up, a team will inevitably shoot more jumpshots. The Spurs scored more points in the paint than the Mavericks did (almost 20 % more).

How often does Dirk score in the paint? Not most of the time. He might get a few buckets in the paint in transition ..., but it is not that common. Dirk is the leading scorer for the Mavericks. I think that it is fair to say that he is a perimeter jumpshooter. I think that you can see my point.

Look, I will grant you that the Mavs score a little more in the paint than they used to and I used a little bit of exaggeration. However, they don't have any low post players who can score on the block with regularity. For that reason, if a team is playing good defense, they can simply back off and make it much harder to penetrate, forcing the drivers to score by jumpshots. So, yes I am exaggerating. No, they are not as bad in that regard as they used to be. However, they still depend more upon jumpshots (not 3's) than the Spurs. Spurs clearly have a low post scoring option, namely Tim Duncan. So, while I am exaggerating the problem, I think that that the Mavs still are too dependent upon jumpshots.

We did score (as mentioned above) more in the paint (50-42) and still had 20 fewer free throws. Second, we have Tim Duncan. Therefore, prima facie, the Mavs shooting 50 free throws to the Spurs 32, appears to indicate unfair officiating.

Both of us have our biases. I admit that I see everything as much through Spurs fans colored glasses as you do through Mavs colored glasses. That's why we can both see the same thing and come to different conclusions. We can both agree, that, in general, neither of us enjoys seeing 82 free throws shot in a single playoff game.

Props to you all for playing a very good game. Props to you all for being up 2-1 and grabbing hca.

MannyIsGod
05-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Everytime you guys bitch about the refs, you cheapen when the Spurs win. You make it seem that the only way they can win is with the refs as a non factor. Well, thats not the Spurs teams that I've seen. The Spurs teams that have won titles have won inspite of badly called games, and have won inspite of everything going agains them.

THAT is the essence of a champion. Champions aren't made in the best of conditions, they are made in the worst of conditions.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 07:01 PM
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/chars/pics/jiminy.gif
Inspiring

MannyIsGod
05-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Go get a life sellout.

Shouldn't you be busy buying Spurs tickets so that you can go to the next game only to leave early again and quit on your Spurs?

Sellout.
I'm sorry you'll be watching from home. Its just not the same.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 07:06 PM
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/04/08/30m.jpg
You had me at "every time you guys bitch"

Jeff Probst
05-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Si
Se
Puede

Si
Se
Puede

Si
Se
Puede

Rack this vato I said!

http://www.americanrealitytv.com/images/jeffprobst.jpg

5ToolMan
05-14-2006, 07:46 PM
The 6th foul, when TD was in the restricred area and Dirk took it to the rim and drew contact with TD's body and TD got him on the arm.

Dirk was already out of control on the drive, then completly lost his balance as he stepped on Tim's foot and tried to throw his weight off the ankle. Tim was moving out of the way, and any contact was created by the out of controll Dirk.

While bad calls are part of the game, please spare looking like a fool by acting like this and many other questionable calls were good calls.

By the way, Dirk AND the officials set an NBA Record. No player in NBA History has ever scored over 25 points on three or fewer field goals. If that does not tell you how bad the entire night was in reference to freebees given goat boy, you are clueless.

5ToolMan
05-14-2006, 07:52 PM

Dirk was out of control and falling before he stepped on Tim's foot. When a player is out of control and falling, he is the one that might be subject to a foul, if contact does happen.

There were many cases, the 6th on Tim and the phantom tripping on Barry being the most blatent, where Dirk was stumbling as he created contact, yet consistantly, it was Dirk who was given gift trips to the line.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 08:00 PM
http://www.1stseniorcare.com/assets/images/6291-1walkerMed.gif
I suggest the Mav staff considering getting Dirk one of these for his drives to the paint.

5ToolMan
05-14-2006, 08:48 PM
I suggest the Mav staff considering getting Dirk one of these for his drives to the paint.

If Dirk has to uses a walker it would really hurt the chances ... of the Spurs. Everytime that SF tripped on the walker, the Zebras would signal another call on the nearest Spur. LOL!

LB7
05-14-2006, 08:52 PM
The funniest thing I have ever seen, actually 2: Duncan crying to Josh Howard as he was walking off after he fouled out. Then, going into the interview room with the poutiest look on his face. I replay the postgame over and over just to watch the look on his face. Hilarious! Biggest pouter I have ever seen after a game. He complained a little about the calls but it wasn't even what he said as it was just his expression.

LilMissSPURfect
05-14-2006, 08:57 PM
did his expression look a little like this?
:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

:fro :fro

SA Gunslinger
05-14-2006, 08:58 PM
The funniest thing I have ever seen, actually 2: Duncan crying to Josh Howard as he was walking off after he fouled out. Then, going into the interview room with the poutiest look on his face. I replay the postgame over and over just to watch the look on his face. Hilarious! Biggest pouter I have ever seen after a game. He complained a little about the calls but it wasn't even what he said as it was just his expression.

Kinda like how Dirk looked last year when he was blaming everyone but his mother about losing to the Suns.

It ain't over yet, bitch.

:flipoff

LB7
05-14-2006, 09:00 PM
LMAO...I was just making a comment. Thats cool tho. Spurs fans...so sensitive

And I will be the first one to agree with you that it isn't over. The defending champs won't go away easy and I wouldn't expect it over before 7

LB7
05-14-2006, 09:01 PM

Looked more like this :depressed

Actually, that emoticon is right on

picnroll
05-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Another stupid Mav fan. God, is there some rule against a Mav fan having any intelligence? Is it a natural selection thing? Watching Nellie all these years and having Cuban as a team owner has driven away anyone with either class or brains? Win or lose this series it will be nice to have this uncommon burden of Mav fan stupidity lifted from this forum.

LB7
05-14-2006, 09:10 PM
How does that post make me unintelligent?

smeagol
05-14-2006, 09:11 PM
All I'm saying is that if in game 4 the calls go the Spurs way, I hope all these new Mavs Fans that have brought nothing to the table in terms of good basketball talk, have the decency of not showing up crying, because that would be fucking hilarious.

LB7
05-14-2006, 09:12 PM

IMO, that is an immature, ignorant post. Also, the STFU posts are low class and stupid. I don't need to swear or flip someone off to get my point across. These last few posts are clearly the only ones of mine you have read. Read em all and then you can judge me.

Jimcs50
05-14-2006, 09:13 PM
All I'm saying is that if in game 4 the calls go the Spurs way, I hope all these new Mavs Fans that have brought nothing to the table in terms of good basketball talk, have the decency of not showing up crying, because that would be fucking hilarious.

:smokin

Kori Ellis
05-14-2006, 09:14 PM

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but I did no such thing. I've been a Spurs fan since 1993.

greensborohill
Believe.

Position: Streaky Guard
Team: Dallas Mavericks
vBookie Cash: $500

:lol

If you want to pretend to be a Spurs fan, then change your favorite team in your control panel.

:wtf

LB7
05-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Again, read my history of posts before you put me in a group. I have been nothing but respectful of the spurs and what they have accomplished. But this thread did nothing but bash the Mavs, so you better believe I am going to defend them. Your lack of basketball talk on this thread led me to that post. I can talk basketball with you all day if anybody is willing.

Tonto
05-14-2006, 09:17 PM
tonto not give up on pale face spurs

tonto proud of pale face spurs

http://www.keyway.ca/jpg/tonto.jpg

smeagol
05-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Again, read my history of posts before you put me in a group. I have been nothing but respectful of the spurs and what they have accomplished. But this thread did nothing but bash the Mavs, so you better believe I am going to defend them. Your lack of basketball talk on this thread led me to that post. I can talk basketball with you all day if anybody is willing.
I was not talking to you specifically, but to the 10-15 Mav Fans that have started posting in the last five days nothing but inflamatory shit.

They should be thankfull this place is run by the classiest couple in the www. Most of them would be banned by now on any other basketball fans forum.

Again, I was not refering to you, and if you enjoy talking basketball, you should stick around after we beat your team in the coming days. :spin

There is plenty of posters who know their shit (I'm not one of them). Discussions here are top notch.

PS: With each day that passes by and we go deeper into this series, I respect Pistons fans that post here more and more!

LB7
05-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Fair enough

texas84
05-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Both of us have our biases. I admit that I see everything as much through Spurs fans colored glasses as you do through Mavs colored glasses. That's why we can both see the same thing and come to different conclusions. We can both agree, that, in general, neither of us enjoys seeing 82 free throws shot in a single playoff game.

Props to you all for playing a very good game. Props to you all for being up 2-1 and grabbing hca.

Your a good man (or woman). People like you make posting here fun and enjoyable instead of a beating of just smack talk.

I have a biased: agreed. You have a bias: agreed. We both have fun watching this series no doubt tho, win or lose.

I completely agree with the low post option. Mavs fans sort of hoped Dampier would be a low post presence and drop about 12 a night, but he's not an offensive presence at all (except on rebounding). Yall have Duncan, and he is a good one, a real good one.

But when I think jump shooting team, I think the old Mavs and the Suns of this year (sans Amare). These Mavs don't settle for jump shots anymore. They drive and score or get to the line. Thats my view.

Slinkyman
05-14-2006, 10:10 PM
calls didn't go our way, so what life goes on. I'm thankful this was game 3 and not game 6 or 7 because we're still in control right now. We win tomorrow and it's a 3 game series with 2 games left at home, nothing to worry about.

nobodi_home
05-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Very true. Regarding the Brent Barry foul (so-called, a'hem), when you get a ref suck-butt like Hubie Brown to swallow his adam's apple and admit the call looked pretty questionable, that is significant, cuz Cousin Hubie has his nose up the ref's butt from start to finish, every time they mistakenly allow this airhead to broadcast.

These games, and the questionable calls therein, make a strong case for COACH REVIEW, PLAY REVIEW, call it what you like-- as they do in football. Coaches should be allowed to throw their red flag out on the court and demand a replay-review for critical plays, when a bad call could completely skew the outcome. That Dictator Stern refuses to allow this doesn't speak well for the NBA Prez, nor for the game at large. Play Reveiw is badly needed.

Game 3 at Dallas is about as much proof as one would need, but even if the comments here about the bad calls are right, SAS still could have pulled this one out of the rabbit hat had Manu not muffed that pass, and a respectable play created by the coaching staff. That whole last play looked pretty goofy, and I've seen it a half dozen times and it still looks very strange. Was this the best Pop could cook up?

Why the hell didn't they work up something for Van Exel, Finley, Barry to gun a basket. Steve Nash may be the MVP this year, but San Antonio's Brent Barry beats his socks off when it comes to 3 pointers. This was the moment for Brent and they ignored it. And other options, but what the hell, when you fumble the ball, you lose. That's not to say the refs did a good job, which as many posters here have argued about, but I think that crap put out by the WOAI motormouths after the game (bad calls cost Spurs the game) is carrying too much weight. I agree, the refs did a shitty job, but the Spurs did a shitty job, too. Who shall we blame that on? Can't blame the refs for the rebounds Rasho didn't get cuz Pop kept him on the bench the whole game.

As for Mark Cuban, who the hell cares about this kook? He can take his vidoe tapes and stick 'em up his butt. Non factor!!! Dictator Stern doesn't care about Cuban's tapes, nor anything else Cuban does or says. Spurs fans should do the same, just ignore him.

Mavs<Spurs
05-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Your a good man (or woman). People like you make posting here fun and enjoyable instead of a beating of just smack talk.

I have a biased: agreed. You have a bias: agreed. We both have fun watching this series no doubt tho, win or lose.

I completely agree with the low post option. Mavs fans sort of hoped Dampier would be a low post presence and drop about 12 a night, but he's not an offensive presence at all (except on rebounding). Yall have Duncan, and he is a good one, a real good one.

But when I think jump shooting team, I think the old Mavs and the Suns of this year (sans Amare). These Mavs don't settle for jump shots anymore. They drive and score or get to the line. Thats my view.

Well, I will give you and your team credit. No matter what happens (even if we come back and win the series- big if), this Mavs team is a lot better than the Mavs team before.

There are several reasons. First, your defense has improved a great deal. Second, you are scoring much more in the paint than you used to. Or put another way, you all rely on perimeter shooting significantly less than you used to. Third, (and this is related) your shot selection has improved a lot. By not taking as many quick 3's and maintaining better floor balance, you have cut down on the easy transition baskets of opponents. This forces them to have to face your half court defense.

Josh Howard, Jason Terry, Devin Harris and even Marquis Daniels all do get to the rim every game. They have a good mix of drive and shoot the open jumpshot. They do put pressure on the other team's defense by not settling for a jumpshot. We saw that in games 2 and 3 especially.

Really, my exaggeration is frustration due to the lack of a good low post scorer. First complaint: It is annoying that someone with Dirk's ability allows much smaller defenders to guard him. He needs to be able to post smaller players up. I know that this is not Dirk's main offensive weapon and I know that he is one of the very best 3 point shooters and shooters in general in the game. However, it seems to me that his height advantage is greatly minimized by not taking smaller defenders to the low block and punishing them (like sir charles says). Second complaint: Not only does Dirk not post up, there is nobody on your team that can post up regularly (or at least we don't see them doing it) in the low block.

What I said is definitely an exaggeration. The above frustrations explain the exaggeration. It seems to me that there are two rules which normally hold if you want to be the champs. First rule is the two man rule. If you want to be the champs, you need two elite players. An exception is the Pistons. Second rule, you need a power forward who can score on the block (Sheed can do it - although he tends to fall in love with the 3 too much for my taste). If you have the best player of all time (the goat), then this rule does not apply.

I bring all of this up because I think that field goal efficiency is extremely important and has a statistically significant correlation to winning percentage. I believe that normally if you have a great low post player (as well as drivers) you are going to get higher percentage shots than you otherwise would.

I appreciate the good basketball conversation. For me, it's a lot more enjoyable to have this kind of dialogue then engage in a smack talk debate.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Hope Dirk recovers soon. If he can't go, that might actually give you all the needed push after two wins over the Spurs (prevent complacency). We both know that a team teams to relax when they know the opposition does not have its best player playing. I think that at home, this is particularly true as the home town fans boost the club and especially the role players.

I would say good luck in game 4, but I think that at this point we need it more than you.

toosmallshoes
05-15-2006, 01:33 AM
The refs are fucking us. Sometimes getting violated in that way will make you cry like a baby. Just ask anyone who's spent time in a state prison for posession of half a gram of mary jane or some such thing. I don't see any mavs fans complaining about the officials (except for that one block on Manu... damn whiners). We're complaining about the officials because dirk scored 1/4 of his team's points at the line. He broke his personal record for free throws in a game during a playoff game!!!! That is some pussy shit. And the Mavs shot 50 free throws in a playoff game. That's so sick it should make anyone who is not a Mavs fan want to puke in his mom's face on Mother's Day. And that's pretty sick. If the officials want to make this a free throw contest let's just get it out of the way and start the game with a "best of 50" between Dirk and Manu or something. It's the playoffs. Put those whistles away.

mFFL03
05-15-2006, 01:41 AM
The Spurs are too good at finishing at the rack to get calls in this league now. If you go to the basket like Duncan, Manu or Parker and get bumped but make the shot 80% of the time they don't call anything. If you throw your body into the defender and then miss the shot badly (like Dirk did last night, over and over) they seem to give you that call everytime.

They also have no clue how to officiate post players anymore, since big softies like Nogameski have made them nearly exctinct. Duncan gets held and grabbed by the Mavs untalented group of scrubs and gets no whistles, virtually everyime down the court.

That's the new NBA rules...

I'm sorry....."throw your body into the defender and then miss the shot badly"?

Watch Duncan, he does the same thing....ONLY WITH HIS ARMS. He knows when he can't do something, so he looks for the foul to bail his ass out. Go on, look at the replays when he gets "fouled" does it really look like he is trying to make a shot?

and as for Dirk doing the same thing? well sometimes he does. But he does get that contact, but he doesn't look for it first like duncan does. Sometimes you'll see dirk blow past you or do a spin move, or shoot over the guy.

TRUST ME. I've seen 75 games of my MAVS, don't watch your little Spur 20 Game season and expect to know everything about your team.

Louae
05-15-2006, 01:55 AM

Parker tried to pass between defenders and when Howard tried to stick a hip out to slow him down, Parker tripped over his leg. that was clearly a foul.

VinnyTestesVerde
05-15-2006, 06:45 AM

For a mere $799.00 plus $23.00 shipping, I suggest that Dirk invest in one of these lovely Wikco ankle machines.

http://www.wikco.com/images/ankle200.jpg

Jimcs50
05-15-2006, 08:18 AM
calls didn't go our way, so what life goes on. I'm thankful this was game 3 and not game 6 or 7 because we're still in control right now. We win tomorrow and it's a 3 game series with 2 games left at home, nothing to worry about.

Dallas is in control. they hold serve, they win the series. Spurs need to win 3 of 4 games...let's be realistic here.

That being said, SA can win the series, but they need to stop doing what they have been doing, it ain't working. Spurs need to get bigger, and rebound the ball, and stop penetrations to the basket. If they do that, they will win the series. This is nothing new to SA, this has been their trademark in the Duncan era. Defend, defend, defend....win ugly.

Fabbs
05-15-2006, 01:28 PM
http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/capblog/2005/03/03/goat.jpg

Excellent TexasBalla1001. :clap Can someone now photoshop it into one of the game photos. Like the Flailin Frauline on the floor out of bounds scam play.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Watch Duncan, he does the same thing....ONLY WITH HIS ARMS. He knows when he can't do something, so he looks for the foul to bail his ass out. Go on, look at the replays when he gets "fouled" does it really look like he is trying to make a shot?
Duncan has a hell of a lot more "And 1s" than Dirk this series so I think it's fair to say he is trying to make a shot when he is fouled (not only is he trying, he is quite successful at making shots as he's fouled).

TRUST ME. I've seen 75 games of my MAVS, don't watch your little Spur 20 Game season and expect to know everything about your team.

:wtf I have no idea what you mean by "Spurs 20 Game Season," I'm pretty sure they play 82 games like everyone else...

Anyway, I didn't mean to be singling out Dirk or anything, from what I've seen of the Mavs I don't think that's the way he usually plays anyway. I just don't like the way the refs seem less inclined to call fouls when the shot goes in. This happens every game, for each team, so this isn't some Spurs, Mavs specific problem, I just thought there were some good examples of this in the last game.

fyatuk
05-15-2006, 02:17 PM

This has been pissing me off regularly. It is a NO CHARGE zone, not an AUTOMATIC BLOCK zone. If it would be a charge, but is in the restricted area, it should be a NO CALL.

It's so stupid the way they call it.

Rydia
05-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Alright guys...i tried reasoning...i even tried getting a little philosophical with you...but at the end of the day, i've realized you can't talk logically to a crying infant child.

So..........
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on....you HAVE to admit the when Dirk went down they called a foul right away. What's crazy is that it took him almost two minutes to figure out WHO to call it on...IF YOU SEE A FOUL YOU SEE IT!!!! Don't pull crap like this. Little baby Dirky the Jerk gets to break his leg by himself and Timmy get's in trouble for it.

Nice screen name....no wonder why you are crying....you need to come up with something good...

pathetic- you are scared and you should be! We are gonna get ya!!! :elephant

Did you know you are on the SPurs board??? :madrun

Shank
05-15-2006, 03:07 PM
It was a foul.

velik_m
05-15-2006, 03:11 PM
It was a foul.

It was not a foul.

Shank
05-15-2006, 03:19 PM
There was contact. It was a foul.

velik_m
05-15-2006, 03:22 PM
contact != foul

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 08:32 AM
The Spurs got the stops, but the refs put Dirk on the FT line for the 2nd straight game to determine the game. That is really the worst piece of officiating back to back that I have ever seen in my 30+ yrs of watching the NBA or any sport for that matter.

1. The so-called blocking foul by TD which led to 3 pts for Dirk after Finley's technical, was absolutely the worst charge/block call I have seen this year. TD was outside the circle by 2 ft, had position and was standing straight up. The ref blew the whistle and TD pumped his fists in the air, thinking that he got the call, which he knew that he did. Then the ref points to the floor, like he was pointing to the half circle, and Finley gets called for delay of game and the technical.

2. The last Dallas possession by Dallas in regulation was played beautifully by Bowen defensively, and again, for the 2nd straight game, Dirk is given an opportunity to tie/win the game at the line, instead of having to make a shot from the floor, as SA had to do when TD missed at the buzzer. Bowen did not foul Dirk, everyone agreed with this who saw the replay.

Bowen got so pissed, he went right up to Stern and told him that the call was terrible, like he should be ashamed of himself for putting the fix in.

Stern has put the fix in, there is no doubt about it. The refs can not be this bad, no way, no how.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:33 AM
LMAO...I love it...

"The Fix"...

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 08:34 AM
LMAO...I love it...

"The Fix"...

How else can you explain the calls?????? Stevie Wonder could have seen those two calls better.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Mav fans are happy to see the integrity of the game completely destroyed just to watch their team get beat in the finals. :lol

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:36 AM
How else can you explain the calls?????? Stevie Wonder could have seen those two calls better.

:lol :lol :lol

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:37 AM

Bad calls both ways and whiny Spurs fans that aren't used to losing...simple...

Mav fans are happy to see the integrity of the game completely destroyed just to watch their team get beat in the finals. :lol

I'd rather see the Mavs get beat in the finals than the Spurs... :lol

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:38 AM

Yeah, at least you could then say your team actually accomplished something for a change. :lol

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 08:39 AM

That is the only way Dallas can get to Finals. Cuban has probably opened a Swiss bank acct for Stern with 50 million dollars in it. There can be no other explaination... I am dead serious here. There can not be any other reason to miss these calls. Why all of the sudden do you call 5 traveling calls and 3 delay of game calls in one game???? They have not made calls like that since MJ came into the leaue....why now????? This is the playoffs, you do not all of the sudden make calls to determine outcomes in the playoffs.

picnroll
05-16-2006, 08:40 AM
LMAO...I love it...

"The Fix"...

Avery's post-game interview statement, "We got a couple of breaks. We don't care how we got them."

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Really? That's one thing we can definately agree on. I wouldn't want the Spurs to destroy their perfect finals record (although technically the Mavs have a perfect finals record too :lol).

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Really? That's one thing we can definately agree on. I wouldn't want the Spurs to destroy their perfect finals record (although technically the Mavs have a perfect finals record too :lol).

The Spurs would beat Detroit...the refs could care less if Detroit wins or not...their ratings are are bad as SA's.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Yeah, at least you could then say your team actually accomplished something for a change. :lol

Call it whatever you like and :lol all you want...as long as the knock the Spurs out, they made a step in the right direction this year and will only get better next year...

Sweet...down 3-1 so you revert to the "rings" point...well done...

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 08:44 AM
The Spurs would beat Detroit...the refs could care less if Detroit wins or not...their ratings are are bad as SA's.
I'm not saying the Spurs would lose (although it would be a pretty damn tough series), I'm just saying if my options are either watching the Spurs lose in the finals or watching the Mavs lose in the finals, I'd rather watch the Mavs lose.

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Call it whatever you like and :lol all you want...as long as the knock the Spurs out, they made a step in the right direction this year and will only get better next year...

"... next year" - famous Dallas slogan. :lol

Winnipeg_Spur
Sweet...down 3-1 so you revert to the "rings" point...well done...
Sweet, down 3-0 in rings and you revert to 3-1 current series point, extremely well done. :lol

Jimcs50
I'm not saying the Spurs would lose (although it would be a pretty damn tough series), I'm just saying if my options are either watching the Spurs lose in the finals or watching the Mavs lose in the finals, I'd rather watch the Mavs lose.

That is where we differ.

I would much rather have SA win the West, and lose in Finals to Detroit, setting up the rubber match next year.

mouse
05-16-2006, 08:48 AM
"... next year" - famous Dallas slogan. :lol

That was the Spurs slogan for 25 years up until *1999

why can't it be the Mavs?

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 08:48 AM
That is where we differ.

I would much rather have SA win the West, and lose in Finals to Detroit, setting up the rubber match next year.
In theory I'd like to win the West, yeah. But every year once the Spurs make the finals the pressure just gets rachetted, up for me at least, and I'd really hate to lose that close to the ultimate prize. As a Spurs fan I've been extremely lucky not to feel that.

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:51 AM
That was the Spurs slogan for 25 years up until *1999

why can't it be the Mavs?

It sure can. "Next year" as in 2024, perhaps?

SA210
05-16-2006, 10:28 AM
That is the only way Dallas can get to Finals. Cuban has probably opened a Swiss bank acct for Stern with 50 million dollars in it. There can be no other explaination... I am dead serious here. There can not be any other reason to miss these calls. Why all of the sudden do you call 5 traveling calls and 3 delay of game calls in one game???? They have not made calls like that since MJ came into the leaue....why now????? This is the playoffs, you do not all of the sudden make calls to determine outcomes in the playoffs.
:tu

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 10:29 AM
You HAVE to call those kinds of travels...they were just too obvious. Tony choked...

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 12:34 PM
You HAVE to call those kinds of travels...they were just too obvious. Tony choked...

My point is, that kind of traveling has been common place in the NBA for the last 15 yrs...why call it 5 times in a critical game 4 against the best 2 teams in the WC??? Also the delay of game calls were bogus as well...I see players carrying the ball up court all the time and they do not get the delay call, and all Manu and Finley did, was hold the ball for 2 seconds, and bam.

Fuck the refs

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
My point is, that kind of traveling has been common place in the NBA for the last 15 yrs...why call it 5 times in a critical game 4 against the best 2 teams in the WC??? Also the delay of game calls were bogus as well...I see players carrying the ball up court all the time and they do not get the delay call, and all Manu and Finley did, was hold the ball for 2 seconds, and bam.

Fuck the refs

Parker's travels weren't those kind of travels...they didn't argue one of the travel calls, which for Spurs tells you all you need to know about the call...

I think Manu got the delay call because Terry was trying to get the ball and Manu was not giving it up...

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Parker's travels weren't those kind of travels...they didn't argue one of the travel calls, which for Spurs tells you all you need to know about the call...

I think Manu got the delay call because Terry was trying to get the ball and Manu was not giving it up...

Like I said, that stuff happens every game, the holding ball, when you disagree with a call, and the ref almost never calls delay of game in that situation. WhenTerry was trying to grab the ball, the ref should have just told manu to give up the ball and say, "let's play".

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Upon further review......................Parker still can't shoot freethrows.

http://nelsok.com/images/69392648.gif

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 01:36 PM
That had nothing to do with the outcome, the refs cost the Spurs the game.Typical excuse. You are now the official ref blaming poster. Get a fucking life and stop watching the NBA if you truly believe its rigged.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Typical excuse. You are now the official ref blaming poster. Get a fucking life and stop watching the NBA if you truly believe its rigged.

you realize you have 18 posts a day since you joined here,

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 01:40 PM
you realize you have 18 posts a day since you joined here,

What I've learned today from Spurs fans when they don't have a good side to an argument...

1. Compare # of rings
2. Don't you have your own board to go to?
3. Point out # of posts/day

:fro

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 01:42 PM
4. It's our board, we can start as many ref conspiracy threads as we want.

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 01:43 PM
LOL...FT's and TO's have had NOTHING to do with the outcomes!! :lol

I said TP's 2 missed FTs had nothing to do with this loss. The loss was predetermined once OT was there. The Spurs had no Manu in OT, they were fucked in regulation. TP was 9-12 in regulation which is very good for him.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 01:43 PM
What I've learned today from Spurs fans when they don't have a good side to an argument...

1. Compare # of rings
2. Don't you have your own board to go to?
3. Point out # of posts/day

:fro

Did i say "hy dipshit did you know you have 13 posts a day, this ain't a Kings board"

It was meant as a compliment but way to jump to conclusions.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 01:49 PM
It was meant as a compliment but way to jump to conclusions.How was it a compliment?

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanWithoutName

Typical excuse. You are now the official ref blaming poster. Get a fucking life and stop watching the NBA if you truly believe its rigged.

Who does not have a life??? You are the one in another team's forum after your team has been eliminated. If SA goes down, you will not see me in a Mav's forum, you stupid fuck.

BTW, this is part of my life, and I happen to like being in here and like talking about basketball...you got a problem with that?

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Who does not have a life??? You are the one in another team's forum after your team has been eliminated. If SA goes down, you will not see me in a Mav's forum, you stupid fuck.

BTW, this is part of my life, and I happen to like being in here and like talking about basketball...you got a problem with that?
I was here during the Kings/Spurs series, not after.

You haven't talked basketball lately, you've simply complained about officiating.