PDA

View Full Version : MAVS deserve to win the series!!!!!

MFFL
05-14-2006, 11:20 AM
The Spurs are a great team but in this series (3 games) the MAVS have outplayed the Spurs. The X-Factor : Devin Harris

:wakeup

Game 1: Mavs led most of the way and the Spurs were able to just pull through in the last minute
Game 2: Blowout!
Game 3: Mavs again led most of the way and won

http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/Devin_Harris_800.jpg

snowboarder
05-14-2006, 11:22 AM
the wallpaper is pretty sick

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 11:22 AM
They didn't outplay us last night. We outplayed and outscored them in every quarter but the first and the Mavs got a little help from the refs last night.

Devin Harris has been good in this series. I hope we find a way to slow him down.

I'm confident we'll get game 4. Spurs in 6.

TDMVPDPOY
05-14-2006, 11:23 AM
keep boasting while ur at it

beachbarbie948
05-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Whatever. Spurs in 6.

Texas_Ranger
05-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I don`t care what do you say , bevause I know that Spurs will win this series

JohnMcClane
05-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Also.. Dirk has forced the Championship Spurs to change the way they play basketball. The Spurs are controlling Dirk in this series.. but to do it they have completely compromised their entire defense which is allowing the other Mavs to score at will.

Hook Dem
05-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Stay Tuned!

mavsfan1000
05-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Also.. Dirk has forced the Championship Spurs to change the way they play basketball. The Spurs are controlling Dirk in this series.. but to do it they have completely compromised their entire defense which is allowing the other Mavs to score at will.
Don't forget the rebounding also. Bowen can't stop Dirk from getting those rebounds. I say smart move by Dirk by attacking the boards and taking advantage of the small spurs.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 11:50 AM
They won't have to any more. Trust me: his mobility is seriously compromised. Spurs fans have a passing knowledge of ankle sprain limitations. Tim could do almost nothing outside of the post last year, and since Dirk has no post game, Spurs should be able to single him and take whatever damage he can inflict.

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2006, 11:53 AM
That DID look like a bad ankle roll...I TIVO'd it and replayed it several times. I bet it's swollen like a bitch this morning...

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Devin Harris has been awesome since given the green light to start in Game 2. As much as I hated it when Hubie Brown kept mentioning it last night...he really does have a Parker-Like game. I'm very impressed with him. Hopefully, Tony will come out on fire in Game 4 to offset any of his production :)

Jimcs50
05-14-2006, 11:55 AM
That DID look like a bad ankle roll...I TIVO'd it and replayed it several times. I bet it's swollen like a bitch this morning...

No way. Dirk is fine, I saw him having Mother's Day Brunch with Joey Crawford this morning, and he was not even limping.

mouse
05-14-2006, 11:56 AM
http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mark2.jpg

JohnMcClane
They won't have to any more. Trust me: his mobility is seriously compromised. Spurs fans have a passing knowledge of ankle sprain limitations. Tim could do almost nothing outside of the post last year, and since Dirk has no post game, Spurs should be able to single him and take whatever damage he can inflict.

Just what the SPurs need another Asterik Championship.. it's too bad the Spurs can't beat Dirk without injuring him to do it. I don't see how you can be proud of that.

Having said that.. Dirk has dealt with a lot fo ankle sprains. He will find a way to play through it..

Also.. the refs will probably keep Dirk's injury in mind when officiating... hopefully that will counter balance all the biased officiating Bowen gets, for once.

1Parker1
^:lol Jim, give it a rest. Us bitching about the refs isn't going to do shit. Move on to Game 4. Spurs shouldn't have let the game come to that point where the refs decide anyways if they had bothered showing up in the first half before their 8-0 run.

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
No way. Dirk is fine, I saw him having Mother's Day Brunch with Joey Crawford this morning, and he was not even limping.

:lol

On a serious note, playing on his ankle was probably not very smart. He's probably going to be very limited tomorrow.

mouse
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
^:lol Jim, give it a rest. Us bitching about the refs isn't going to do shit. Move on to Game 4. Spurs shouldn't have let the game come to that point where the refs decide anyways if they had bothered showing up in the first half before their 8-0 run.

RACK!

Jim got got SERVED :lmao

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Just what the SPurs need another Asterik Championship.. it's too bad the Spurs can't beat Dirk without injuring him to do it. I don't see how you can be proud of that.

Having said that.. Dirk has dealt with a lot fo ankle sprains. He will find a way to play through it..

Also.. the refs will probably keep Dirk's injury in mind when officiating... hopefully that will counter balance all the biased officiating Bowen gets, for once.

Sheeeeyit, you wish you at least had an asterik championship.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 11:59 AM

On a serious note, playing on his ankle was probably not very smart. He's probably going to be very limited tomorrow.
Other than if he rolled it again, playing on it while warm isn't that BFD. They'll have to tape the fuck out of it Monday though. It'll be as big as a grapefruit.

Darrin
05-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Deserving to win it, and winning it are two completely different things. I refer to Game 5, 2004 Western Conference Semifinals - Lakers @ Spurs for a prime example.

Don't get too proud of 2 wins. You are only half-way to a series win, and only 1 win further than the Spurs to four, with San Antonio needing only a win in game 4 to tip the scales back in their favor.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Deserving to win it, and winning it are two completely different things. I refer to Game 5, 2004 Western Conference Semifinals - Lakers @ Spurs for a prime example.

:flipoff You just had to bring that shit up again, didn't you? Don't you know we're vunerable right now after the loss last night? :lol

LilMissSPURfect
05-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Spurs win game 4 and all them trolls will go back to their HO's

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Spurs win game 4 and all them trolls will go back to their HO's

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Lame thread.

Darrin
05-14-2006, 12:59 PM
:flipoff You just had to bring that shit up again, didn't you? Don't you know we're vunerable right now after the loss last night? :lol

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00195/Robert_Horry_San_An_195988s.jpg

Feel better? :lol

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 12:59 PM

Feel better? :lol

Ahhh yes, I knew there was a reason why I liked you Pistons fans more than these Mavs fans :)

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Devin Harris is the second coming.........of Bonzi Wells. Also nobody "deserves" to win a series. The best team wins it, period.

mouse
05-14-2006, 01:02 PM
I like the the way big Snot Rob came through last night also :lmao

intlspurshk
05-14-2006, 01:03 PM

From the reports shown in the media, it was Dirk injured himself by stepping on Duncan, not the other way round. It was not SPURS try to injure him. Pls support what you claim as SPURS injure Dirk in 2003 also. Otherwise your argument suck.

intlspurshk
05-14-2006, 01:04 PM
I like the the way big Snot Rob came through last night also :lmao

Be remember to eat crow if RH kill your team next time.

mouse
05-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Be remember to eat crow if RH kill your team next time.

Dude I was the only spur fan to stick with this team when they got ass raped by the lakers two years in a row, I'm a crow eating mother fucker. :smokin

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Mavs fans don't seem to recognize that this series could easily be 2-1 or that Pop figured out how to counter AJ's big adjustment.

mouse
05-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Mavs fans don't seem to recognize that this series could easily be 2-1 or that Pop figured out how to counter AJ's big adjustment.

Oh Shit!! a Spurs fan pulling out the wudda cudda shudda card?

Priceless :lmao

intlspurshk
05-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Dude I was the only spur fan to stick with this team when they got ass raped by the lakers two years in a row, I'm a crow eating mother fucker. :smokin
I know and I am glad that you switched to Mav and then SPURS won the Championships afterwards.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2006, 01:28 PM
So, far the Mavs DO deserve to win this series because they have won 2 out of 3 games. They are up 2-1. So if it was a 3 game series, they would've won it.

But since it's 7 games, then I guess we have to wait to see what happens.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2006, 01:34 PM
No one "deserves" the series until they've earned Four Wins....I don't care if you play great half the way, you don't deserve it yet.

Maybe if the Mavs blew out SA yesterday in a convincing manner..but no one should be cocky right now. Not even the Mavs.

danyel
05-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Who cares who deserves it? its who wins that matters.

JohnMcClane
05-14-2006, 01:41 PM
From the reports shown in the media, it was Dirk injured himself by stepping on Duncan, not the other way round. It was not SPURS try to injure him. Pls support what you claim as SPURS injure Dirk in 2003 also. Otherwise your argument suck.

That's like saying a player injured themselves by landing on a defender who gets under them while they are shooting a jumper. Bowen does this all the time.. gino did that when he got under Dirk when rebounding in 2002-2003.. or collided into his knee.. and gino even did it in this last game. And then Duncan did it again by getting under Dirk's ankle when Dirk had a clear lane to the basket.. that's a foul.. and it's despicable. I honestly think Duncan did it on purpose because he knew he was going to foul out of the game and wanted to take Dirk out to to give his team a chance to win without him..

Mr Hanky
05-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Who cares who deserves it? its who wins that matters.

Sincerly: Barry Bonds to Babe Ruth :lmao

Kori Ellis
05-14-2006, 01:48 PM
. And then Duncan did it again by getting under Dirk's ankle when Dirk had a clear lane to the basket.. that's a foul.. and it's despicable. I honestly think Duncan did it on purpose because he knew he was going to foul out of the game and wanted to take Dirk out to to give his team a chance to win without him..

Wow, that's a crazy reach.

It's called incidental contact when someone steps on your foot. It's not an automatic foul.

They didn't call the foul for the foot, they called it because they saw body contact.

td4mvp21
05-14-2006, 01:49 PM
That's like saying a player injured themselves by landing on a defender who gets under them while they are shooting a jumper. Bowen does this all the time.. gino did that when he got under Dirk when rebounding in 2002-2003.. or collided into his knee.. and gino even did it in this last game. And then Duncan did it again by getting under Dirk's ankle when Dirk had a clear lane to the basket.. that's a foul.. and it's despicable. I honestly think Duncan did it on purpose because he knew he was going to foul out of the game and wanted to take Dirk out to to give his team a chance to win without him..

I hope you're kidding? Why would Duncan injure a player on purpose? He was moving back to get out of his way so he wouldn't foul.

Don Quixote
05-14-2006, 01:51 PM
I dunno, yall. It's looking pretty bleak right about now. Our Spurs don't have the offensive weapons or the defenders to keep up with Dallas. We should be down 0-3 right now.

mabber
05-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Sheeeeyit, you wish you at least had an asterik championship.

You got that right! I'd take an asterik championship over no championships in a heartbeat.

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 02:09 PM

Cocaine's one hell of a drug, apparently.

mouse
05-14-2006, 02:16 PM
You got that right! I'd take an asterik championship over no championships in a heartbeat.

Thats something no true NBA fan should say, I have enough pride not to take an * having Trophy and be the laughing stock of the NBA,

ballhog
05-14-2006, 02:19 PM

I'm sure the refs will really have to get creative getting Dork to the line..tripping over the free throw line...falling over own feet...high-fiving the refs (touch foul).

Hook Dem
05-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Thats something no true NBA fan should say, I have enough pride not to take an * having Trophy and be the laughing stock of the NBA,
Laughing stock????? Hmm....come to think of it, I did see a lot of people laughing and having a good time at the river parade.

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 02:26 PM

At least you could say you won something.

JohnMcClane
05-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I hope you're kidding? Why would Duncan injure a player on purpose? He was moving back to get out of his way so he wouldn't foul.

He was moving back? Are you delusional? He stuck his foot out then jumped back.. why did he stick his foot out in the first place? That wasn't a basketball play. Period. It's like Bowen hacking Dirk's arms when he is making moves and shooting.. that's not basketball either.. I sure wish the Spurs would stick to basketball... but they can't.. they know they will ge tbeat if they try doing that.

Smackie Chan
05-14-2006, 02:28 PM
At least you could say you won something.

Pride and self respect is worth more than some trophy my friend.

JohnMcClane
05-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow, that's a crazy reach.

It's called incidental contact when someone steps on your foot. It's not an automatic foul.

They didn't call the foul for the foot, they called it because they saw body contact.

Tripping is a foul. Duncan wasn't in position.. he stuck his foot out under Dirk's.. that is called tripping. So his foot was planted when he did it.. it's still tripping. His leg was sticking out where it had no business being. What you are saying is like saying if a player stuck their leg out in a kicking motion.. but it wasn't moving and the player ran into it it's not a foul. It's like Kobe sticking his elbow out when Mike Miller ran into it. It's a foul.. it was a flagrant foul in fact. Duncan's was just as despicable. If not more so knowing that Dirk has ankle problems. I knew someone on the Spurs would pull that.. I never thought it would be Duncan. I thought he was classy. Guess I was wrong.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm confident we'll get game 4. Spurs in 6.

:lol :lol :lol

Slomo
05-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Tripping is a foul. Duncan wasn't in position.. he stuck his foot out under Dirk's.. that is called tripping. So his foot was planted when he did it.. it's still tripping. His leg was sticking out where it had no business being. What you are saying is like saying if a player stuck their leg out in a kicking motion.. but it wasn't moving and the player ran into it it's not a foul. It's like Kobe sticking his elbow out when Mike Miller ran into it. It's a foul.. it was a flagrant foul in fact. Duncan's was just as despicable. If not more so knowing that Dirk has ankle problems. I knew someone on the Spurs would pull that.. I never thought it would be Duncan. I thought he was classy. Guess I was wrong.Hey, do you mind sharing what your smoking?

Sounds like good stuff!

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey, do you mind sharing what your smoking?

Sounds like good stuff!

The only ones who are smoking shit are the Spurs fans who are too stubborn to even extend their "Spurs in 6" predictions to "Spurs in 7."

There are some great Spurs fans here but some of you are beyond delusional.

Slomo
05-14-2006, 03:54 PM
The only ones who are smoking shit are the Spurs fans who are too stubborn to even extend their "Spurs in 6" predictions to "Spurs in 7."

There are some great Spurs fans here but some of you are beyond delusional.Oh please!

Did you even bother reading his post?

It so good, Oliver Stone is PMing Kori as we speak :lol

ponky
05-14-2006, 03:55 PM

There are some great Spurs fans here but some of you are beyond delusional.

Yup, I can see this series still going to seven unless Dallas wins tomorrow. If Dallas wins tomorrow I honestly don't see the Spurs winning three in a row. If Dallas doesn't win tomorrow then it's a best of three series and the odds for both teams are about the same, with a slight edge to the Spurs because of homecourt.

mavsfan1000
05-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Tripping is a foul. Duncan wasn't in position.. he stuck his foot out under Dirk's.. that is called tripping. So his foot was planted when he did it.. it's still tripping. His leg was sticking out where it had no business being. What you are saying is like saying if a player stuck their leg out in a kicking motion.. but it wasn't moving and the player ran into it it's not a foul. It's like Kobe sticking his elbow out when Mike Miller ran into it. It's a foul.. it was a flagrant foul in fact. Duncan's was just as despicable. If not more so knowing that Dirk has ankle problems. I knew someone on the Spurs would pull that.. I never thought it would be Duncan. I thought he was classy. Guess I was wrong.

I agree with you. I saw how Duncan was sticking his foot out on the replay. That is definitely a foul. It is called tripping and it looked very intentional on the replay. I hope Dirk is alright but stunts like that should not be part of basketball.

Slomo
05-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Back, and to the left.

Back, and to the left.

Back, and to the left.

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 04:07 PM
....and Brent Barry tripped Nowitzki with a concealed piece of piano wire on that other call.

Ginofan
05-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Back, and to the left.

Back, and to the left.

Back, and to the left.

:lmao :lmao

timvp
05-14-2006, 04:19 PM
....and Brent Barry tripped Nowitzki with a concealed piece of piano wire on that other call.

Suprised it wasn't a flagrant 2.

Ginofan
05-14-2006, 04:22 PM

It's too bad they won't let you out of that white padded room to join the rest of us in the real world.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Oh please!

Did you even bother reading his post?

It so good, Oliver Stone is PMing Kori as we speak :lol

It was pretty hard to comprehend, but I still think the only ones who are really high (besides Marquis Daniels) are Spurs fans who think they're going to win 3 in a row.

Slomo
05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
It was pretty hard to comprehend, but I still think the only ones who are really high (besides Marquis Daniels) are Spurs fans who think they're going to win 3 in a row.C'mon, don't make yourself look even more stupid.

Believing blindly in your team and posting conspiracy theories like your fellow Mavs fan are miles appart on the sanity scale.

But please, amuse us some more and continue defending it.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:29 PM
C'mon, don't make yourself look even more stupid.

Believing blindly in your team and posting conspiracy theories like your fellow Mavs fan are miles appart on the sanity scale.

But please, amuse us some more and continue defending it.

Seriously, what are you talking about?

Winnipeg_Spur
05-14-2006, 05:12 PM
That was the worst call in the game to me. It was like, "oh no, Dirk's lying out of bounds with the ball, what do we do?" *whistle* "uh, foul on, uh Barry, I guess."

I could've lived with it if the refs didn't swallow their whistles when Parker was actually tripped on the other end...

Winnipeg_Spur
05-14-2006, 05:15 PM
It was pretty hard to comprehend, but I still think the only ones who are really high (besides Marquis Daniels) are Spurs fans who think they're going to win 3 in a row.
Why can't the Spurs win 3 in a row? The Mavs just won 2 in a row and they're worse than the Spurs. If Dirk is hobbled from that brutal assault on his foot, and the refs watch some tape for a change, then it's very possible. The exact same thing happened in 2003, the Mavs won game 1 shooting 50 FTs, then the Spurs won 3 in a row.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Why can't the Spurs win 3 in a row? The Mavs just won 2 in a row and they're worse than the Spurs.

The Mavs are worse than the Spurs? Because you said so?

Winnipeg_Spur
05-14-2006, 05:26 PM
The Mavs are worse than the Spurs? Because you said so?
Is it that hard to imagine a fan on a SPURS FORUM might actually think his team is good? If the Mavs win the series they'll have proven they're the better team, but it's not even close to over, so until then I'll continue to believe the Spurs are the better team.

td4mvp21
05-14-2006, 07:33 PM

You said the Mavs would win three in a row. And as of now, there is still no clear answer who the best team is.

my2sons
05-14-2006, 09:17 PM
The Spurs are a great team but in this series (3 games) the MAVS have outplayed the Spurs. The X-Factor : Devin Harris

:wakeup

Game 1: Mavs led most of the way and the Spurs were able to just pull through in the last minute
Game 2: Blowout!
Game 3: Mavs again led most of the way and won

http://www.nba.com/media/mavericks/Devin_Harris_800.jpg

But thats the beauty of this years spurs team...when they win the title this year they will leave in their wake every team believing they are better than the spurs, but the spurs will hoist the trophy...I can almost guarantee the officials to overcompensate for the the last two games and the spurs will wrestle homecourt away from allas and all the allas fans will be griping of the swollen ankle and how things could have been. I honestly believe it, at least your built in excuse is solidified. Just remember duncan did it on two bad ankles your german only needs to do it on one.

SpursWoman
05-14-2006, 09:18 PM
If they win 4 games, then sure.

my2sons
05-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Seriously, what are you talking about?

C'mon you have an owner obsessed with conspiracy theories and spending as much as possible to insure the conspriracy is tilted his way

leemajors
05-15-2006, 08:12 AM
I agree with you. I saw how Duncan was sticking his foot out on the replay. That is definitely a foul. It is called tripping and it looked very intentional on the replay. I hope Dirk is alright but stunts like that should not be part of basketball.

you are an idiot.