PDA

View Full Version : Should Spurs change the starters again?

dbreiden83080
05-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Do you guys think they should go with the same lineup or switch it up again. I would start Manu and try Nazr at center since we are getting hurt with penetration and rebounding. Spurs need Horry, Finley and Barry all to play well off the bench or they are going to lose again.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-14-2006, 02:16 PM
I think Manu is effective as a bench scorer. I have always thought this. Maybe put him back in the starting lineup if our backs are against the wall, but I say keep him on the bench. Who I dont like starting is Horry. Barry panned out pretty well, he's been hot, he stayed hot, woulda liked to see him shoot more actually.

But Horry is not working imo.
Did he even score the entire game? His rebounding was unacceptable as well.

mouse
05-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Your best bet is to get Rose on speed dail and maybe trade Manu for Vinny Del Negro :lmao

Hook Dem
05-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Enough with all the "Professional advice". Just relax and watch the game!

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Start Rasho. That's all.

Smackie Chan
05-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Enough with all the "Professional advice". Just relax and watch the game!

Rack this old fart^ :lmao

mikejones99
05-14-2006, 02:32 PM
There is nothing wrong with the Spurs. Foul on Bones near the end was the worst ever. 24 free throws for that goddam German is insane. Of curse foul out Duncan on chicken shit and you have a Spur loss. San Antonio is clearly the better team and will come back if justice is allowed.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Did benching Manu accomplish anything?

Manu didn't start and the Spurs were outscored ONLY in the first quarter.

So did not starting him help the Spurs or hurt them?

Deb
05-14-2006, 02:40 PM
There is nothing wrong with the Spurs. Foul on Bones near the end was the worst ever. 24 free throws for that goddam German is insane. Of curse foul out Duncan on chicken shit and you have a Spur loss. San Antonio is clearly the better team and will come back if justice is allowed.
Agreed, except that Big Shot has to step up. He's just not doing it right now. He looks totally disinterested when he's in the game.

dbreiden83080
05-14-2006, 02:43 PM
All i know is if Timmy tomorrow night is not able to play like Superman we are probably down 3-1.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 02:45 PM
The Spurs should bench "Big Shot"...maybe put him in with 5 seconds left and down by 2 with the ball...

Bob has a giant...
http://static.flickr.com/31/35164764_14d889bdb6_o.jpg
right now...

Deb
05-14-2006, 02:46 PM
All i know is if Timmy tomorrow night is not able to play like Superman we are probably down 3-1.
Its a damn shame that Timmy is playing like a monster and no one else seems to be able to.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Well Manu did bring the huthle when he came into the game...he got to the line more than any other spur, by driving it at a time when others had been on the floor for a while.

He does this right out of the gates as a starter, and hasn't been effective against dallas doing that.

Deb
05-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I agree that Manu was looking more like the Manu of the past last night. Now, if everyone else can do that, we'll be ok

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 02:58 PM

I'm sorry but did Game 2 disappear from your memory completely?

Mavs<Spurs
05-14-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry but did Game 2 disappear from your memory completely?

Did you forget that game 2 was our 3rd game in 5 nights?

You all got to play a team that has never ever won a single solitary playoff game in the entire history of the organization. We played a much better and much more physical opponent in the Sacramento Kings.

Combine that with the fact that our all star point guard and leading scorer was extremely injured and you get a blowout.

You must know that your team is not normally going to beat us by 20 + points on our own home floor. So, even you must know that whatever happened that game was anomalous and not likely to reoccur.

SANANTOJAMES
05-14-2006, 03:24 PM
if they never let go of devin brown we wouldnt have this line up problems, d brown would of been a perfect person to cover j howard

ALVAREZ6
05-14-2006, 03:31 PM
if they never let go of devin brown we wouldnt have this line up problems, d brown would of been a perfect person to cover j howard
I loved Devin.

He also had a good offensive game, and his penetration could help a lot right now. We need another slasher.

Finley and Barry rely too much on their outside shot, well at least Barry drives it occasionally on fast breaks, but other than that, it's all 3 pointers.

Tony and Manu are the only guys on this team consistently driving to the basket, and if we had another slasher, it would make the team more versatile.
Notice how Manu, Tim, and TP are the only guys that ever take FT's.

Right now, the Spurs are so predictable.

LEONARD
05-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Its a damn shame that Timmy is playing like a monster and no one else seems to be able to.

Last night:

Refs fucking us now

???

:fro

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Did you forget that game 2 was our 3rd game in 5 nights?

You all got to play a team that has never ever won a single solitary playoff game in the entire history of the organization. We played a much better and much more physical opponent in the Sacramento Kings.

Combine that with the fact that our all star point guard and leading scorer was extremely injured and you get a blowout.

You must know that your team is not normally going to beat us by 20 + points on our own home floor. So, even you must know that whatever happened that game was anomalous and not likely to reoccur.

Apparently you didn't read the post I was responding to with that comment.

I don't think Game 2 will be a "regular occurrance." What I DO think is that some Spurs fans are acting like they'd be 3-0 in this series if Tim Duncan hadn't gotten his 6th foul in Game 3, completely ignoring the TWENTY TWO point loss you suffered in Game 2.

Furthermore, I hope you realize that you are GOING to have 3 games in 5 days again in this series (Saturday-Wednesday), as well as potentially 4 games in 7 days if it goes to Game 6. You act like you wont have to play with that little rest again. You will. You're not gonna have the luxury of giving all your 40 year old players 4 days of rest before each game like you had for Game 3.

WalterBenitez
05-14-2006, 03:56 PM
POP will shuffle again ... Fish's hands (NAZR) will start, I prefer Rasho at this point ...I don't care about Manu he'll find his minutes ... but for the love of God ... prepare the game, especially those plays at the end of every quarter ... don't give the ball to Robert unless to shot a 3p ... and do me a favor

WIN

ALVAREZ6
05-14-2006, 04:21 PM
... and do me a favor

WIN
that's all I give a shit about.

Just get it fucking done.

ploto
05-14-2006, 06:09 PM
POP will shuffle again ... Fish's hands (NAZR) will start, I prefer Rasho at this point ...I don't care about Manu he'll find his minutes ... but for the love of God ... prepare the game, especially those plays at the end of every quarter ... don't give the ball to Robert unless to shot a 3p ... and do me a favor

No way Nazr starts. Please.

Unless Duncan covers Dirk- which isn't likely to happen- Rasho won't start either.

I can't believe I am saying this- but we might as well start Tim, Manu, Bruce, Brent and Tony.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2006, 06:12 PM
I don't think Game 2 will be a "regular occurrance." What I DO think is that some Spurs fans are acting like they'd be 3-0 in this series if Tim Duncan hadn't gotten his 6th foul in Game 3, completely ignoring the TWENTY TWO point loss you suffered in Game 2.

Actually, I haven't seen anyone say that. 2-1 Spurs, yes.

texbumTHElife
05-14-2006, 06:14 PM
I think Tim at this point can and should guard Dirk. That will allow us to put Bruce on Harris who has really been their x-factor. If Duncan starts to pick up fouls early we can rotate Bruce and Rob over to Dirk to help out.

At this point though I am willing to give Dirk his jump shot and just clog the lane and keep Harris, Terry and Stackhouse outside shooting jumpshots.

If there was ever a time to employ a zone this would be it. The Mavericks are getting into the paint and to the rack at will. Their spacing on offense has been perfect and has kept all of the Spurs defender one step too far away on the rotation from the back side. Unless Pop can correct that with match ups then at this point a zone seems to be the best answer. IMO that is

Deb
05-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Last night:

???

:fro
Not sure where you are going with this Gomer.

peskypesky
05-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Spurs will lose if Pop doesn't ditch the small-ball approach. We'd better start Rasho and keep him in there for big minutes so Tim will have help in the paint. I even think Nazr could be a big help, as long as no expects him to be a scoring threat. On offense, use his big body to set high picks for Tony and Manu. Sure, Nazr fumbles the ball a lot, so just don't pass it to him. Use him for picks and rebounds.

Spurs have no chance if Tim is expected to be the only big man in the Spurs frontcourt. He'll rack up fouls be out of the game again.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Did benching Manu accomplish anything?

Manu didn't start and the Spurs were outscored ONLY in the first quarter.

So did not starting him help the Spurs or hurt them?

Actually, I was thinking about that also. I think the move may have helped Barry a little more so than Manu. I know Barry's been playing aggressive since the near trade, but I liked him starting. He had a few hustle plays, some smart passes...I think for this series it works out better that he starts and Manu comes off the bench.

I do think Horry needs to get out of the starting lineup. Put in Rasho/Nazr. I know Nazr has been insanely horrible, but I do think a lot of his sucking is mental. Especially since he'd been outsted out of the starting job, then yelled at for that 3 pointer, then gone to the 3rd man on rotation. He's looking rusty from lack of playing time as well.

I hate to sound like AHF, but Pop's crazy rotations and substitutions are hurting the team more than helping, I think.

Jeff Probst
05-14-2006, 06:54 PM
One thing I can say finding a Spurs fan to just say we got our ass kicked is dam near impossible.

http://www.americanrealitytv.com/images/jeffprobst.jpg

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 07:00 PM
One thing I can say finding a Spurs fan to just say we got our ass kicked is dam near impossible.

http://www.americanrealitytv.com/images/jeffprobst.jpg

:lol Except we didn't get our asses kicked. We only lost by 1 point. I will say we got our asses kicked in Game 2, however :)

Cant_Be_Faded
05-14-2006, 07:01 PM
over thinking
over analyzing
seperates the body from the mind

withering my intuition

mouse
05-14-2006, 07:38 PM
:lol Except we didn't get our asses kicked. We only lost by 1 point. I will say we got our asses kicked in Game 2, however :)

^ RACK good come back :smokin

You would think after Jeff vexler ran off all Mav callers off the radio and said the Spurs will sweep he would come out and say he was wrong?

I will be the first to say the Mavs got thier ass's waxed if they lose game 4 and I won't even bring up the refs, or Dirks leg. To bad only 5 other posters out of 400 on this board can do the same.

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/Dead-fan.jpg

mikejones99
05-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Spurs in 6 fuckers

nobodi_home
05-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Who cares about the starters?

Who starts, who benches- that's not a problem on a team like SAS that basically has two starting lineups. The problem isn't starters, it's the strategy.

Send Barry, Rasho, Finley, Nazi, Beno, Oberto, Horry to 90% of the teams in the NBA and see if they would not be in the starting lineup. All these guys are fine players.

Oberto did a respectable job in Game 3 although his nerves probably got to him a bit, but that's Pop's fault. It's hellish to send a guy in like that at crunch time, in playoff action, and having not seen any action since the regular season ended.

In spite of all that, he still did a good job and got some important offensive boards, very significant considering the few minutes he played.

I hate to say it but I just feel it in my bones that the Spurs goose is cooked this time. But time will reveal the eventual outcome. May the best team, the most deserving team, be the winner.

intlspurshk
05-15-2006, 01:09 AM
Whatever lineup changes, Pop needs to make sure the starters can sustain the Dallas attack. Oberto said he hasn't expected to be called to play. WTF? If pop choose to use Oberto, please get him prepared beforehand. If Pop uses Barry as starter, make sure every starters are ready for the changes and don't let Maverick to take advantage of it. Don't assume your players are capable of doing any adjustments as they are veterans. I think Avery knows Pop's weaknesses and is taking advantage of it.