PDA

View Full Version : Gallup: It was Closer, But Kerry Won! (Kerry47, Bush 45)

Nbadan
10-09-2004, 01:28 AM
1. Regardless of which candidate you happen to support, who do you think did the better job in the debate?

Kerry Bush Neither (vol.) Both/ equally (vol.) No opinion
2004 Oct 8 47 45 1 7 *
2004 Sep 30 53 37 1 8 1

2. How has your opinion of John Kerry been affected by the debate? Is your opinion of Kerry -- more favorable, less favorable, or has it not changed much?

More favorable Less favorable Not changed much No opinion
2004 Oct 8 38 20 42 *
2004 Sep 30 46 13 41 *

3. How has your opinion of George W. Bush been affected by the debate? Is your opinion of Bush -- more favorable, less favorable, or has it not changed much?

More favorable Less favorable Not changed much No opinion
2004 Oct 8 31 20 49 *
2004 Sep 30 21 17 62 *

USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/news/polls/tables/live/second-debate.htm)

Uncle Donnie
10-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Exactly how I called it. Of course you left out the rest of the questions in that poll, the responses to which largely favored Bush.

exstatic
10-09-2004, 02:33 AM
Damn, and the next one is domestic issues.

timvp
10-09-2004, 04:37 AM
I'm sure there will be a lot of spinning (and some rightfully so), but I had to award the victory to the Kerry camp.

Marcus Bryant
10-09-2004, 07:33 AM
There weren't any "domestic issues" discussed last night? That's a new one.

Anyways, again, Kerry "won" that one last night because he "spoke well". Despite it being half on domestic issues which presumably are a bad thing for Bush he did quite well.

Perhaps if the country finds itself facing a serious threat from the evil academic debating terrorists the president can call on John Kerry to show up and eliminate the threat with a clever rejoinder.

Otherwise, I'll take the leader who actually knows and believes what he says. Looking at the poll's internals, that's not John Kerry.

CrazyOne
10-09-2004, 08:57 AM
I put my bet on Kerry to win the debate... if it was close at all, the polls would go for Kerry. Style over substance again... but at least I got some more vbookie points. :eyebrows

Hook Dem
10-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Congratulations in your own mind. Now, let's see him win the election! MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

scott
10-09-2004, 09:48 AM
A narrow loss should probably be considered a win for Bush, considering the fact he's a moron.

bigzak25
10-09-2004, 10:06 AM
bush kicked his ass....this was a sucker bet from the beginning.....make sure you libs pony up on the real deal next month....

Jimcs50
10-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Did you hear Kerry at the end when Bush said that if Kerry had been president the past 4 yrs, Saddam would still be in power? Kerry said, "not neccessarily" He fucked up with that off the cuff answer...What a numbnuts.

Can anyone really vote for this two faced dolt?

LandShark
10-09-2004, 10:53 AM
bush kicked his ass....this was a sucker bet from the beginning.....make sure you libs pony up on the real deal next month....
I knew it was a sucker bet, but betting for Bush was more about personal self-respect....putting my money where my mouth is. I'll recover the vBookie cash next month when Bush wins the election.

Did you hear Kerry at the end when Bush said that if Kerry had been president the past 4 yrs, Saddam would still be in power? Kerry said, "not neccessarily" He fucked up with that off the cuff answer...What a numbnuts.
Yeah, and some people insist that Bush is the moron. :rolleyes

NeoConIV
10-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Bush was passionate last night and was in charge from beginning to end. This is obvious. Kerry was on the defensive, at times rattled and even searched for words a time or two ala Bush, he was canned "a new start, a fresh credibility blah blah", and was just outgunned...

Can someone please explain to me how Kerry won outside of a freaking poll? As I saw it, he didn't win on style or substance. Tell me how and in what instances Kerry won?

exstatic
10-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Debates are for the undecideds, not hard corp partisans like yourself, Neo. See scott's thread about it from this morning.

Samurai Jane
10-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Bush was passionate last night and was in charge from beginning to end. This is obvious. Kerry was on the defensive, at times rattled and even searched for words a time or two ala Bush, he was canned "a new start, a fresh credibility blah blah", and was just outgunned...

Can someone please explain to me how Kerry won outside of a freaking poll? As I saw it, he didn't win on style or substance. Tell me how and in what instances Kerry won?

They obviously didn't listen to the words coming out of Kerry's mouth.. all I heard again was "I have a plan" Well if your plan was so great, what is it and where has it been the past 20 yrs?

I'm getting so sick of hearing people support Kerry and they have absolutely no clue why, except that he's not Bush.

[/rant]

Sorry I just heard a couple of interviews where they were talking to people on the street (that didn't even know the name of the vice president) but they are going to vote for Kerry.. why? They don't know.. they just want a change... have these people considered that they are going to get a change.. very possibly a change for the worse?!?

[/rant2]

Bandit2981
10-09-2004, 11:47 AM
im $100 richer than i was in virtual money :)

pooh
10-09-2004, 02:50 PM
It was a very close debate, "if you want to call it that really." Bush came out more relaxed this time around than Kerry, who missed a golden chance to hammer Bush, yet failed. Bush on the other hand, seemed more at ease and more like "the President." I think things are just about even once again.

The third and final debate will decide it. Look for Bin Laden to suddenly "appear" or get caught before Election Day to seal it for Bush. But he really doesn't need it.

Man Mountain
10-10-2004, 11:48 PM
This is why used car salesman on tv are slick talking guys who don't need to be making sense. The general public will by anything as long as you describe it in a slick voice and you smile. Bush destroyed Gore but Gore was exposed as a huffing and puffing prick. You got to give it to Kerry that he plays the part well if your tv was on mute :)