Kori Ellis
05-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Game 4: Spurs Win
Game 5: Spurs Win
Game 6: Mavs Win
Game 7: Spurs Win

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Agree with original poster, though I can also easily see Mavs in 7 or Spurs in 7. The only outcome that surely will not take place (much to the chagrin of some of the Spurs fans here) is Spurs in 6.

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 04:27 PM
eh, get lost.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:28 PM
eh, get lost.

After definite consideration, I have decided that I don't think I will.

Thank you, though.

FreshPrince22
05-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Spurs in 6. Mavs are done.

spurschick
05-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Spurs in 6. They'll take the next three.

I also predict that the amount of Mavs trolls will go down considerably after Game 5. At least I hope so. I had to check the masthead at the top to make sure I was still in a Spurs forum.

snowboarder
05-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Spurs in 7 like I said in the beginning

exstatic
05-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Game 4 - Spurs, by a lot
Game 5 - Spurs

I'm not going any further than that for now.

Bruno
05-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Has anybody some news about Dirk injury ?

Kori Ellis
05-14-2006, 04:33 PM

I was wondering that too. There's so many Mavs fans here they should give us an update from Dallas. I hope he's okay.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:34 PM

He's played on a hurt ankle about half of his career. He rated last night's injury as "up there" in terms of its severity compared to his many others, but said that it wasn't the worst.

He'll play and he'll play well. I would suggest not getting your hopes up that he'll be noticeably ineffective (not that you are, just saying).

exstatic
05-14-2006, 04:37 PM
We won't know for sure about Dirk until game time. AJ has learned enough CIA from Pop.

It was a nasty roll, though, and I expect extremely limited mobility for the next two games on Monday and Wednesday, hence my prediction. Even though Dirk has only been scoring from the line, he's been facilitating their offense. That stops with the single coverage the Spurs are sure to employ.

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Let me break it down...

Game 4: Spurs come out rolling. Dirk is slower and the interior defense is going to be beefed up. Mavs cut it to 6 at half but Spurs take over in the third. Spurs win by 18.

Game 5: Spurs come out with a ton of energy but let go of a lead in the end. Close game, but Spurs win by 3.

Game 6: Mavs go back to Dallas, feeling a little shocked, and get over anxious. Spurs win by 7.

Spurs in 6.

Bruno
05-14-2006, 04:38 PM
He's played on a hurt ankle about half of his career. He rated last night's injury as "up there" in terms of its severity compared to his many others, but said that it wasn't the worst.

He'll play and he'll play well. I would suggest not getting your hopes up that he'll be noticeably ineffective (not that you are, just saying).

Thanks for the info and for the record I wish that Dirk plays at 100% (no need to be aggressive). Hoping injuries is damn lame.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:39 PM
We won't know for sure about Dirk until game time. AJ has learned enough CIA from Pop.

It was a nasty roll, though, and I expect extremely limited mobility for the next two games on Monday and Wednesday, hence my prediction. Even though Dirk has only been scoring from the line, he's been facilitating their offense. That stops with the single coverage the Spurs are sure to employ.

Like I said, I highly suggest that you don't expect "limited mobility." He's had 35 point games coming off ankle rolls he rated as more severe.

I'm not exaggerating when I say he plays through this injury all the time.

exstatic

Dude, he rolled it badly. I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative, but expect dirk nowitski, not Dirk Nowitski. He'll be single coverable without massive damage.

DubMcDub
Thaks for the info and for the record I wish that Dirk plays at 100% (no need to be aggressive). Hoping injuries is damn lame.

You're a class act. I completely agree about injuries.

exstatic
Like I said, I highly suggest that you don't expect "limited mobility." He's had 35 point games coming off ankle rolls he rated as more severe.

I'm not exaggerating when I say he plays through this injury all the time.
Whatever. lalalalala.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Dude, he rolled it badly. I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative, but expect dirk nowitski, not Dirk Nowitski. He'll be single coverable without massive damage.

You're right. You probably know a lot more about Dirk and his history with this nagging injury, especially given that you are no doubt a much more dedicated Mavs fan than I.

I shall defer to you on all things Mavericks in the future. :rolleyes

exstatic
05-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info and for the record I wish that Dirk plays at 100% (no need to be aggressive). Hoping injuries is damn lame.
For the record, I wasn't hoping for anything, just being realistic about his mobility. Laterally, it will be for shit.

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Tim Duncan has played with ankle sprains too dude. Sometimes he's effective, sometimes he's not. Just because he's been playing with them "his whole career" ( :rolleyes ) doesn't mean he's going to put up big numbers tomorrow.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 04:42 PM
You're right. You probably know a lot more about Dirk and his history with this nagging injury, especially given that you are no doubt a much more dedicated Mavs fan than I.

I shall defer to you on all things Mavericks in the future. :rolleyes
Spurs fans know about ankle injuries. We had our fill of them last year, and know what to expect.

Lateral - poor
Cutting, pivoting - poor.
straight ahead - unaffected.
shooting - unaffected.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Tim Duncan has played with ankle sprains too dude. Sometimes he's effective, sometimes he's not. Just because he's been playing with them "his whole career" ( :rolleyes ) doesn't mean he's going to put up big numbers tomorrow.

I don't recall saying anything about big numbers. I said don't expect him to be ineffective or have limited mobility.

He's played through worse. He's had killer games through worse. Those of you who are assuming he won't play well are ignoring the facts and his history.

Leetonidas
05-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't recall saying anything about big numbers. I said don't expect him to be ineffective or have limited mobility.

He's played through worse. He's had killer games through worse. Those of you who are assuming he won't play well are ignoring the facts and his history.

You said "He'll play and he'll play well."

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Spurs fans know about ankle injuries. We had our fill of them last year, and know what to expect.

Lateral - poor
Cutting, pivoting - poor.
straight ahead - unaffected.
shooting - unaffected.

You're pretty stubborn.

You do not know more about this situation than me, and probably many of the other Mavs fans on this board. That you know about ankle injuries in general does not imply that you know anything about how Dirk historically has handled them.

Stop acting like you do. I wouldn't dare pretend like I knew more than Spurs fans about Duncan's/Manu's/Tony's nagging injuries.

Bruno
05-14-2006, 04:45 PM
For the record, I wasn't hoping for anything, just being realistic about his mobility. Laterally, it will be for shit.

I did not say that you were hoping for something (I even didn't see your post when I type mines).
But you are right, what we can wish or hope won't change the reality.
We will see tomorrow but I hope to see a great game 4 with an healthy Dirk and a great Spurs win.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:46 PM
You said "He'll play and he'll play well."

Right. Thank you for proving my point that I said absolutely nothing about big numbers.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh, he'll play. Has anyone said he was going to sit? AJ would crucify his ass if he pulled a 2003 again.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 04:52 PM
You're pretty stubborn.

You do not know more about this situation than me, and probably many of the other Mavs fans on this board. That you know about ankle injuries in general does not imply that you know anything about how Dirk historically has handled them.

Stop acting like you do. I wouldn't dare pretend like I knew more than Spurs fans about Duncan's/Manu's/Tony's nagging injuries.
Nagging bumps and bruises <> rolling your ankle 90 degrees. I do admire your positive attitude, though.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh, he'll play. Has anyone said he was going to sit? AJ would crucify his ass if he pulled a 2003 again.

No, but the implication is definitely that he will not be his normal self.

I'm not predicting a 40 point game. I'm predicting that he will be his normal self, which, against the Spurs, could range anywhere from 17 to 28 or so points.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Nagging bumps and bruises <> rolling your ankle 90 degrees. I do admire your positive attitude, though.

And again, you act like you know more about this than me. Inexplicable.

My "positive attitude" is much more substianted by Dirk's history (for the 3rd time, he has rolled his ankle WORSE than that and played stellar games the following game) than some Spurs' fans assumptions that he will be limited. That's the difference.

Hook Dem
05-14-2006, 04:58 PM

My "positive attitude" is much more substianted by Dirk's history (for the 3rd time, he has rolled his ankle WORSE than that and played stellar games the following game) than some Spurs' fans assumptions that he will be limited. That's the difference.
You have completely erased any excuse you might have if Dirk has a bad game monday night! :lol

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 04:59 PM
You have completely erased any excuse you might have if Dirk has a bad game monday night! :lol

I don't really need an excuse. If Dirk has a bad game he has a bad game, and we will probably lose. I don't make excuses--they're worthless.

Hook Dem
05-14-2006, 05:00 PM

You have erased any excuse you might have if he has a bad game monday night. :lol

exstatic
05-14-2006, 05:03 PM
No, but the implication is definitely that he will not be his normal self.

I'm not predicting a 40 point game. I'm predicting that he will be his normal self, which, against the Spurs, could range anywhere from 17 to 28 or so points.

His scoring numbers probably won't drop. Then again, they're not that high this series. What will drop is everyone playing off him. That's going to be huge. Hell, his scoring might actually go up, but the easy buckets he's been getting for others will drop precipitously as the double teams evaporate.

spurschick
05-14-2006, 05:05 PM
I would suggest not getting your hopes up that he'll be noticeably ineffective (not that you are, just saying).

Get over yourself.

Darrin
05-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Game 4: San Antonio wins, 87-84.
Game 5: Dallas wins, 91-84.
Game 6: San Antonio wins, 101-99 OT
Game 7: San Antonio win, 110-99.

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Get over yourself.

What?

atxrocker
05-14-2006, 05:28 PM
dallas in 6 easy, spurs are spent

exstatic
05-14-2006, 05:29 PM
What?
I think she's bashing your attitude that only Mavs fans know what Dirk is cabable of in game 4. A basic knowledge of sports physiology is all that you need. All that being a Mavs fan brings to the table is cockeyed optimism.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 05:30 PM
dallas in 6 easy, spurs are spent
Ah, another loser checking in. You and wolves009th place need to get together and go bowling or find some other worthwhile offseason activity to do together...

atxrocker
05-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Ah, another loser checking in. You and wolves009th place need to get together and go bowling or find some other worthwhile offseason activity to do together...

bowling, cool--will you be joining us after game 6, X?

atxrocker
05-14-2006, 05:33 PM

oh, btw ANYBODY who realistically (meaning non-homer) disagrees that the spurs are going to win the series is somehow a "loser", sure :lol

exstatic
05-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Nope. Phoenix series beckons. :hat Go ahead without me. I'll join you in June.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 05:35 PM
oh, btw ANYBODY who realistically (meaning non-homer) disagrees that the spurs are going to win the series is somehow a "loser", sure :lol
The loser reference was for the fact that your team has been dismissed and you're still here. Shooo!!!

atxrocker
05-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Nope. Phoenix series beckons. :hat Go ahead without me. I'll join you in June.

:lol :lol

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 05:38 PM
I think she's bashing your attitude that only Mavs fans know what Dirk is cabable of in game 4. A basic knowledge of sports physiology is all that you need. All that being a Mavs fan brings to the table is cockeyed optimism.

That's ridiculous and you know it. There's a lot more to it than basic sports physiology. Your comment assumes that athletes are somehow a constant and that it makes no difference who the player is or how theyve handled similar injuries in the past.

td4mvp21
05-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Any time a big man roles his ankle as bad as Dirk did, there will be noticeable mobility changes. I think Dirk will be fine, but he wont be 100%. Good thing for the Mavs is they can get by without that.

Game 4-Spurs
Game 5-Spurs
Game 6-Spurs(Mavs?)
Game 7(if it goes that far)-Spurs

I still think the Spurs will win the series.

samikeyp
05-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Predictions?

So far, I have guessed right on who wins which game. I guessed the Spurs taking Gms. 4 and 5, Mavs getting Game 6 and the Spurs winning Game 7.

MFFL
05-18-2006, 07:21 AM
That was an awesome game. Spurs did great....:wakeup

Hats off to Bruce Bowen on his great defensive play and Tim Duncan on his great game.

Mavs should win game 6!

Go Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kalikot_boy_kr
05-18-2006, 07:34 AM
as i always said: spurs will win game 7....this is my prediction!....spurs in history baby!