PDA

View Full Version : The West Wing ends tonight

spurschick
05-14-2006, 04:34 PM
:depressed :cry

Long Live President Bartlett!

MannyIsGod
05-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, that sucks. I haven't seen anything from the last 2 seasons, but thats one of my favorite shows. I'm about to order the second to last season so Jess and I can watch it.

Vashner
05-14-2006, 05:01 PM
I watched it a lot. It was a good show with solid casting. Even if it was super left they did cover a lot of bases.. even some points on my side of the fence.

samikeyp
05-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Great show and great finale tonight.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-14-2006, 08:29 PM
That is a great great show, one of the best in recent times I have to say

Carie
05-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Damn it, I meant to record it :|

T-Pain
05-15-2006, 12:32 AM
how come there stopping production? did the President lose the election? sorry, the last episode i watched was in the first season.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-15-2006, 12:47 AM
how come there stopping production? did the President lose the election? sorry, the last episode i watched was in the first season. well, Leo died so...http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif I guess it makes sense to end it now. Its had a long a fruitfull run. How many emmys? Besides Bartlett and his administration is what made that show (Martin Sheen was brilliant IMO) and in order to continue the show they would have to do so with another administration because Bartlett already served 2 terms, and that does not bode well.

T-Pain
05-15-2006, 12:53 AM
well, Leo died so...http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif I guess it makes sense to end it now. Its had a long a fruitfull run. How manu emmys? Besides Bartlett and his administration is what made that show (Martin Sheen was brilliant IMO) and in order to continue the show they would have to do so with another administration because Bartlett already served 2 terms, and that does not bode well.
ah, i see. at the start, i wondered what would happen should he have served his 2 terms. At first i thought there would be an episode that congress would repeal the 20th amendment, but o well.

midgetonadonkey
06-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Dammit I missed it. If only I would've seen this thread sooner.

George W. Bush
07-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I watched it a lot. It was a good show with solid casting. Even if it was super left they did cover a lot of bases.. even some points on my side of the fence.
Vashner I'm dissapointed.

MannyIsGod
08-07-2006, 02:52 AM
We finally got to watch the finale tonight. We downloaded all of season 8 and watched it over the last week.

Man, it sucks when your favorite show of all time just ends. The last few episodes were weak, IMO however. Everything after John Spencer passed away seemed anti climatic and just petered out. That man was a huge driving force of the show and it really is a shame he didn't get to finish it out.

Overall, the show was just incredible even after Sorkin left. I really am looking forward to Studio 60 just because it has 2 of my favorite TV actors in Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford so hopefully it Sorkin can give me some good stuff.

johngateswhiteley
08-07-2006, 03:08 AM
good, that show sucks ass.

angel_luv
08-07-2006, 06:30 AM
I read that one time Martin Sheen got cornered by an irate woman ( I think in a coffee shop) and was chewed about by her for the way he was running the country.

The woman refused to believe that Sheen really was just a pretend president. The lady was so insistant and beligerant that Sheen finally had to enlist the assistance of other patrons to help soothe her.

Of course, who knows if that story is all true or embellished.

I saw the article several years ago in an Entertainment type magazine. I forgot which one.

:lol

CharlieMac
08-07-2006, 06:54 AM
This is one of those shows that we kept meaning to get into, but just never got around to it. I'm almost positive that 4 years from now we'll get it on Netflix and be all pissed that we discovered this show way too late. Half a decade late.

angel_luv
08-07-2006, 07:13 AM
This is one of those shows that we kept meaning to get into, but just never got around to it. I'm almost positive that 4 years from now we'll get it on Netflix and be all pissed that we discovered this show way too late. Half a decade late.

The bad thing about catching shows late is that by the time you're all into the program , most people have stopped discussing it.

At least viewing a series on dvd you can watch at your own pace and are spared the annoying periods between a cliff hangers and starts of new seasons.

There is an upside to every thing.:)