PDA

View Full Version : And the Oscar for best flopper goes to

redskinfan
05-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Dirk Nowitzki beating out Manu by a landslide. The dudes hair just moves and he falls its so freaking obvious that he is acting 98 percent of the time, even manu is envious of the flopper :drunk

JohnMcClane
05-14-2006, 04:43 PM
If you were over 7'1 and played like a guard you would be flopping around too. It's a miracle he can stay on the court as fast as he runs around and attacks the basket.. Look what happened to Horry when he tried to run at Dirk's pace with him on that breakaway dunk. Horry ended up in the cheapseats. And he is several inches shorter than Dirk too.

WalterBenitez
05-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Dirk Nowitzki beating out Manu by a landslide. The dudes hair just moves and he falls its so freaking obvious that he is acting 98 percent of the time, even manu is envious of the flopper :drunk

Nah the best dramatic action was next Brent Barry, that deserves and Oscar, Golden Globe and ... a suspension, nahhhh Stern doesn't do those kind off things ....

Continuing with E! what about the refs calling fouls on TD :D?

Oscar DeLa
05-14-2006, 04:45 PM
i dont know what it is but i'm the best Oscar and everything.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2006, 04:49 PM
no, i think it goes to Oberto........

how big is that guy? and Jason Terry's elbow can make him fall over?.........gimme a break lol

redskinfan
05-14-2006, 04:53 PM
no way a perimeter player gets 24 ft's especially in a playoff game. He is hands down the best actor in the game today.

exstatic
05-14-2006, 04:58 PM
no, i think it goes to Oberto........

how big is that guy? and Jason Terry's elbow can make him fall over?.........gimme a break lol
Are you saying that shoving a forearm into the midsection on a drive isn't an offensive foul? Is it required that the player be able to knock down the opponent to be a charge? If that's the case, then it would be impossible for Boykins to commit a charge...

What Oberto's falling down does is expose the extended forearm. That was a foul, so it's not really a flop, per se.

To me, it's only a flop if there is no contact. John Stockton was the master at that.

SpurYank
05-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh no! The all-time master was George Karl, when he was a Spur. One evening his flopping started the worst fist fight ever in the old arena. Ask Larry Kennon.
Floppers today are amateurs. I'm surprised Karl hasn't taught all the Nuggets to master something he was the king at.

atxrocker
05-14-2006, 05:13 PM
seriously, guys, dont be so modest. for his repeated performances i would say this award easily goes to manu. be proud, manu!

exstatic
05-14-2006, 05:32 PM
seriously, guys, dont be so modest. for his repeated performances i would say this award easily goes to manu. be proud, manu!
A Kings fan checking in on flopping is rich. Is your tackle box all set up for fishing, trick ass?

atxrocker
05-14-2006, 05:38 PM
A Kings fan checking in on flopping is rich. Is your tackle box all set up for fishing, trick ass?

um, seriously, the vlade days are in the past. obviously manu has learned his craft all to well. manu is the worst offender in the league. and i wont mind your tired ass fishing insinuations much longer since the spurs will be joining real soon.

WalterBenitez
05-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Those new actors are jeopardizing Manu's career :drunk

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Are you saying that shoving a forearm into the midsection on a drive isn't an offensive foul? Is it required that the player be able to knock down the opponent to be a charge? If that's the case, then it would be impossible for Boykins to commit a charge...

no im saying that a big guy shouldnt fall on his back from a little contact

if Oberto had grabbed Jason's nuts as well then he would have been the of Reggie Evans

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Dirk doesn't flop or exaggerates contact. He is directly acting. All the time. He isn't touched and rolls to the ground like he was shot, now that is real soccer floping. He shouldn't do that, he might have an accident and get his ankle rolled again.

texbumTHElife
05-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Wish I could go with you on this but Manu is still the worst offender in the league. The bad thing is he can no longer sell it. He flops and all it does is give someone an open look at the basket while he sprawls on the court in disbelief.

Tim Duncan and Manu would both do good to STFU and just play. Stop looking for the calls.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-14-2006, 05:49 PM
no im saying that a big guy shouldnt fall on his back from a little contact

if Oberto had grabbed Jason's nuts as well then he would have been the european of Reggie Evans

:rolleyes

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2006, 05:58 PM
:rolleyes

lol my mistake sorry, i was getting confused coz of them playing in Europe

of course his South American flopping skills are at play

Mavs_man_41
05-14-2006, 06:02 PM
no way a perimeter player gets 24 ft's especially in a playoff game. He is hands down the best actor in the game today.

if you didnt notice dirk was taking it to the hole pretty often....

Mavs_man_41
05-14-2006, 06:03 PM

anyways a foul is a foul wheter u get hit on the drive or in the act of shooting a jump shot

texbumTHElife
05-14-2006, 06:04 PM

What you and other Mavs fans/players do on your own time is your business. We are here to talk about the game. :oops

:lol

Mavs_man_41
05-14-2006, 06:16 PM
What you and other Mavs fans/players do on your own time is your business. We are here to talk about the game. :oops

good 1 bitch

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 06:18 PM
I'd have to go with Dirklutz.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Ben Wallace wasn't even nominated? Will Divac present the award?

redskinfan
05-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Ben Wallace wasn't even nominated? Will Divac present the award?

I almost forgot about Ben great actor also

picnroll
05-14-2006, 07:55 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/jul1oxr/0522mavs.jpg

CubanMustGo
05-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Der Flailing Fraulein ist der Sieger.

FromWayDowntown
05-14-2006, 09:30 PM
anyways a foul is a foul wheter u get hit on the drive or in the act of shooting a jump shot

Poor Dirk must have been really beaten up today -- he got hit as much as the whole Spurs team got hit last night.

I hope he'll be able to fight through what must be countless bruises to demonstrate his uncanny ability to end up on his ass after shooting the basketball.

picnroll
05-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Don't worry. Mavs' trainers are fitting Dirk with a pessary. He should be good to go.

PaceMonster
05-14-2006, 09:48 PM
I'd give it to Jason Collins