PDA

View Full Version : NJ Nets

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Just lost today's game at home. Now they're down 3-1. Interestingly, Miami hasn't even impressed me that much this series. What are your thoughts, can the Nets defy the odds like the Suns and come back from a 3-1 hole?

Also, looks like next Sunday, the ECF may start if Miami and Pistons take care of business. I'm still not sure how much of a run Miami will give the Pistons. I can see it going to maybe 6 games at most. I honestly don't think the Heat can get through the Pistons.

Thoughts?

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Nets are done

Heat are going to the WCF and at the moment people will say the Pistons should win easily but i wouldnt discount the heat just yet.........

ID love to see a Mavs-Heat Finals.........its a very long shot but i always cheer for the underdog in the playoffs..........why do u think im a Nuggets fan? LOL

ABDENOUR POWER
05-14-2006, 06:24 PM
NJ is finished.

Miami is impressive.

Miami can give Detroit a run for their money.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
I hate Miami with a passion. Peyton, Walker, and Mourning are all on my ALL NBA Bitch list. I can't wait till the Pistons destroy them yet again. :tu

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2006, 06:28 PM
Nets seemed to be outmanned, Carter isn't a good enough facilitator to disrupt the D cuz he thinks he's a better 3 point shooter than he is...Kidd's good, but the Miami CHEAT, have been playing like a team and adjusted to the Nets triple threat pretty well. They have so many options with Shaq playing solid again, their rotations are pretty smooth...Wade is a beast. I love this guy.

I don't think the Nets can pull a Suns-like upset, even if Miami leaves a lot to be desired as a team.

And if, or probably "when" the Heat advance the
Pistons will have the upperhand, but Riley and Shaq and Wade might be trouble. I hope they are, it'll be a good series. Just playing the Pistons can get them pumped. I think Miami is the best team in the East to threaten them anyway because they're deep enough.

Pistons are too good to be beaten by them though because Miami's D is pretty streaky. Their whole team is streaky. I don't really like the idea of Gary Payton and the teamhoppers like Jason Williams and Walker going to the Finals anyway.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Miami hasn't been impressive to me in this series. If it weren't for Vinsanity constantly F-ing up in clutch time (i.e TO's last game, missed 2 clutch FT's today), Nets would be right there. They're actually a pretty good team...they just need more of a bench.

ALVAREZ6
05-14-2006, 06:36 PM
The Nets are done.

Miami has never impressed me, they aren't that good. If Chicago had played a little better and ahdn't thrown away a game that was theirs, they could have eliminated Miami.

Miami isn't a solid team. All you have to do is run and push the ball, Shaq gets tired, and you have to attack him and get him into foul trouble. Other than Shaq, Wade is their only player.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-14-2006, 06:38 PM
yeah you're right, I think it's there Bench. I like what Jefferson and Kidd bring though, they can stretch out the series. Krstic steps up too. But Carter's just another Tmac,Kobe thinking it's "his" team to lead by being in love with his jumpshot.

I liked Miami 2005 a lot better.. 2006 has just come out flat. I don't like Williams game, or Walker's--Payton is just an old fart ring chaser...He's a vet, but he's hopped so many teams I find it hard to root for his side. It sucks that Wade and Shaq got stuck with these guys.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 06:45 PM
Agreed. Miami 2005>Miami 2006.

But I am a little disapointed with the Nets. I had predicted this series of going at least 6 or possibly 7 games. It hasn't been as tight as I'd expected. However, props to Kidd, Krstic, and Jefferson for showing up this series. Where's Sequ when you need him to defend Vinsanity's insane choke jobs in the 4th :smokin

ABDENOUR POWER
05-14-2006, 07:01 PM
I hate Miami with a passion. Peyton, Walker, and Mourning are all on my ALL NBA Bitch list

You forgot Shaq, Posey, and Haslem. :lol

I think you peeps underestimate the Heat, however. They are a very good team.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 07:06 PM
You forgot Shaq, Posey, and Haslem. :lol

Not saying they aren't a good team...I did say that Pistons-Heat could go to 6 games. However, the Heat are very, very inconsistent...especially on defense. So it all depends on which team shows up to play.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Not saying they aren't a good team...I did say that Pistons-Heat could go to 6 games. However, the Heat are very, very inconsistent...especially on defense. So it all depends on which team shows up to play.

Well I think its possible for it to go 6 games too.... but the other way. If Miami wins the series, it will be in 6 games, on their home floor.

Spurologist
05-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Nets have a grand total of a ZERO chance of coming back in the series. Shaq will over celebrate and gain a pound. His fatness will lead to the heat's downfall in the ECF.

PaceMonster
05-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Nets have a grand total of a ZERO chance of coming back in the series. Shaq will over celebrate and gain a pound. His fatness will lead to the heat's downfall in the ECF.

Now was that necessary?? Congrats to the Heat on the win....im looking forward to playin the Pistons

Spurologist
05-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Now was that necessary?? Congrats to the Heat on the win....im looking forward to playin the Pistons

Welcome to the Forum. Sorry about revealing the truth.

PaceMonster
05-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Sorry about revealing the truth.

The truth about what?? Shaq gaining a pound over the celebration.??

Heat in 5

Spurologist
05-14-2006, 08:32 PM
The truth about what?? Shaq gaining a pound over the celebration.??

Heat in 5

:lol Heat in 5? I guess that's the truth. I know you are on cloud 9 after your win but reality will hit you in face very soon

Mavs_man_41
05-14-2006, 09:00 PM
The heat are no match for the pistons, the pistons defense is too good to allow wade to penetrate any time he wants.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-14-2006, 09:18 PM
The heat are no match for the pistons, the pistons defense is too good to allow wade to penetrate any time he wants.

:lol Have you seen Wade's numbers vs the Pistons in the regular season?

28ppg on 51% shooting.....6.5rpg and 7.0apg.......

what makes you think the Pistons can do any better vs him during the playoffs?

CubanMustGo
05-14-2006, 09:38 PM
But wait, according to ESPN

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/insider/insiderMagIndex/mag_05082006.jpg

:lol

PaceMonster
05-14-2006, 09:39 PM
But wait, according to ESPN

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/insider/insiderMagIndex/mag_05082006.jpg

:lol

yea ESPN also had the nets in 6

Darrin
05-14-2006, 09:43 PM

That's backwards. They are a talented team, and that makes them dangerous. But I were ranking them as a team without talent considered, they would be in the bottom half of the league. They are inconsistent, they don't seem to have jelled, their defense is mediocre, and between injuries and age, they have exploitable depth problems. If they had the talent of Milwaukee, they would win 25 games. Their talent is what keeps them the closest team to Detroit when ranking Conference opponents.

I still like the Pistons chances when facing them.

Tanya
05-14-2006, 10:46 PM

Because two men can't beat the pistons. If the heat want to beat the pistons in 7 game series, they will have to play the way they played in game 2 during regular season: when Shaq and Wade combined for almost 70 points.

Don't get too excited about Walker's 3 point shots and Haslem's jump shots in today's game against the nets. Detroit's defense will shut down their role players so Shaq and Wade will have to play extremely well to beat the pistons.

Darrin
05-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Because two men can't beat the pistons. If the heat want to beat the pistons in 7 game series, they will have to play the way they played in game 2 during regular season: when Shaq and Wade combined for almost 70 points.

Don't get too excited about Walker's 3 point shots and Haslem's jump shots in today's game against the nets. Detroit's defense will shut down their role players so Shaq and Wade will have to play extremely well to beat the pistons.

True. The Nets and Bulls doubled O'Neal because they didn't have enough power. Who's really disappeared for the Nets isn't Vince Carter, it's Nenad Kristic. The Heat's bigs have taken him out of his game, and that has left less space on the perimeter. They can junk it up against Carter because their shooting monster in Kristic is gone.

Shawn Carter
05-14-2006, 11:32 PM
If the Suns can come back on the Lakers from a 3-1 deficit, then my Nets and money can beat the Heat in 7.

Darrin
05-14-2006, 11:43 PM
If the Suns can come back on the Lakers from a 3-1 deficit, then my Nets and money can beat the Heat in 7.

http://www.freenyc.net/archives/images/upinsmoke-thumb.jpg

RON ARTEST
05-15-2006, 12:55 AM
the reason the nets are not coming back in this series down 3-1 is because they have to win two games on the road. not gonna happen. the suns only had to win one. it doesnt really matter anyway. both teams cant beat the pistons.

RON ARTEST
05-15-2006, 12:57 AM

because playoffs is different then regular season. when the pistons defense clamps down. forget about it.

bdubya
05-15-2006, 11:51 AM

Pistons COULD probably lock Wade out of the paint, but they'd get in foul trouble doing it. More important is to keep their 3rd option and beyond under control. If the Heat and Pistons both take care of business, the ECF will have Shaq & Wade putting up real good #s (Wade WILL get inside frequently), but the only games the Heat will win will be at home, when the other players' shots start dropping.

1Parker1
05-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm sure Walker will singlehandedly score 25 in one game to give the Heat a win and then choke and go 3-15 the next 4 games to make them lose.

bdubya
05-15-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm sure Walker will singlehandedly score 25 in one game to give the Heat a win and then choke and go 3-15 the next 4 games to make them lose.

Posey or Payton, maybe, but if it's Walker that's scoring 25+, it's almost certainly a Heat loss.

1Parker1
05-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Posey or Payton, maybe, but if it's Walker that's scoring 25+, it's almost certainly a Heat loss.

He scored 25 yesterday against the Nets and they won. Peyton and Posey didn't come close to scoring near 25 combined. :angel