PDA

View Full Version : Have the Baby Mavs grown up?

SilverPlayer
05-14-2006, 07:25 PM
The Mavs have finally done it, they have finally gotten their nose in the wind and their sails are finally getting a glimpse of the fresh air of the Promised Land. They finally sense a chance to beat their long time rivals in the Spurs. A Spurs team that is accustomed to having their way with the Mavs at this time of year. A Spurs team that has always had the right moments to beat the Mavs, whether it was Kerr sinking threes or Duncan pounding them down low, the Spurs have always had what it takes to beat the Mavericks.

Until now apparently. Whether you think they were robbed or flat out-played, the Mavs have up until this point found a way to get the majorities of the only things that matter- Ws next to their name. They have 2 to the Spurs 1. So with the Spurs finally knocked against the rope do they have what it takes to deliver the knockout blow?

The next game for the Mavs is probably the most critical they have ever played. It is the game that always separates the boys from the men. It is the thing that has up until this point separated the Spurs from the Mavs, Championship basketball. If the Mavs lose the next game everything they have fought for up to this moment is lost. They lose the home court advantage that they have wrestled away from the spurs. If they are truly going to try and wear mantle of championship basketball, they are going to have to take it from the spurs by ripping it out of their chest in Monday's game. The Spurs are far too good to be allowed to go home with the series tied at two a piece.

And the comforting thing for Spurs fans is that they know this. Mavs fans know this, and the Mavs themselves know this. If they can't step on the heart of a champion, the crown can not be theirs.

My advice to the Mavericks If you want it, you better take it now. It's your only chance.

Happy Devil
05-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Tree Hugger forum

SilverPlayer
05-14-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgfp1225.jpg

mavsfan1000
05-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Great post but I still think the mavs can win this series even if they lose next game. It will just be a lot harder but the mavs play very well on the road.

mouse
05-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Have the Baby Mavs grown up?
how about ..... Have the old ass Spurs finally died? :lmao

Deb
05-14-2006, 07:37 PM
No, but the way you're stinking up the place, I think you did :smokin

SilverPlayer
05-14-2006, 07:40 PM
Not only will it be harder for the Mavs to close out the spurs after losing game 4, it would virtually guarantee a game 7. Once a team knows it can come back on you, each consecutive close out game becomes that mush harder.

The Mavs don't want to play the Spurs at our home in a game 7 no matter how good they might be on the road.

Mr Hanky
05-14-2006, 07:46 PM
No, but the way you're stinking up the place, I think you did :smokin

This girl knows her shit :smokin

SPARKY
05-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Funny post, all things considered.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-14-2006, 07:51 PM

HAHAHAHA oh fuck!

^^^RACK!

DubMcDub
05-14-2006, 09:16 PM
My advice to the Mavericks If you want it, you better take it now. It's your only chance.

...... :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tonto
05-14-2006, 09:20 PM
tonto not understand pale face smack talk
tonto do understand spurs not out just yet

tonto proud of pale face spurs

http://www.keyway.ca/jpg/tonto.jpg

gameFACE
05-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Today 10:10 PM
by wolves009
Why can't I see this response? Isn't that the dude (or dudette) that says Spursies? It's a little gay to say spursies.

greyforest
05-14-2006, 11:43 PM
no mavs arent shit, and they won because NBA is gradually turning in to WWE