PDA

View Full Version : Guaran-sheed Butt Bustin'!

jochhejaam
05-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Rasheed's at it again, another Guarensheed win! <sigh> :lol

CLEVELAND -- The Detroit Pistons will win Game 4 -- guaran-Sheed.

One day after an 86-77 loss to the Cavaliers cut Detroit's series lead in half, forward Rasheed Wallace, the irrepressible motor mouth from the Motor City, boldly declared the Pistons would win Game 4.

On top of that, Wallace proclaimed the best-of-seven series over.

Rasheed Wallace declared Sunday the Pistons would defeat the Cavs in Game 4 on Monday."I know we're going to win it," Wallace said sitting on the scorer's table following Sunday practice at Quicken Loans Arena. "We're going to bust their . Tomorrow night is the last game here in this building for this year."

Sheesh, Sheed. Anything else big fella? ( :lol )

"Y'all can quote me, put it back page, front page, whatever," Wallace said. "They can send whoever they want to send. I know the crew I think they're going to send. But it don't matter. I know we can do it, and they know we can do it. We know what we've got to do."

Although he said he respects the Cavs, Wallace isn't worried about giving them any motivation.

"It ain't bulletin board material, it's a fact," he said bluntly. "They can put it on the bulletin board. They can put it on a video. I don't care. I know what we're capable of doing, that's all that it is."

[B]Wallace has gone prognosticator before in the playoffs, placing his neck on the line to inspire his teammates. And, the Pistons have responded with a win every time.

"That's what we do," Wallace said.

The Pistons, up 2-1 in the series, will have to take better care of the ball and do more to contain LeBron James or they'll have make another trip to Ohio. Game 5 is Wednesday night in Auburn Hills, Mich.

James, who scored 15 points in the fourth on Saturday while recording his second triple-double in his first playoffs, laughed off Wallace's boasts.

"That's Rasheed," James said. "Every playoffs, you know you're going to get at least one good quote out of him. We can't get caught up in that."

The Pistons are accustomed to hearing Wallace spout off. And, they know when he does, they'd better come through.

"You have to go out there and play even harder and get a win for him," Richard Hamilton said. "We have to have his back, do what we do, and get a win."

The Cavaliers' hopes rest with James, who in Game 3 had perhaps his finest all-around 48 minutes this season.

Although tempted to take over, James didn't until he had no other choice. For three quarters, he sat back and let things unfold before him. He entered the final 12 minutes with just six points on 3-of-10 shooting before seizing the game.

With a Wilt Chamberlain-like finger roll, James gave the Cavs their first lead of the second half, and over the next 6:36, he scored 11 with two assists -- the last to Damon Jones for a 3-point dagger to put Cleveland ahead by 10.

"It's the best game he's played," Cavs forward Donyell Marshall said. "He didn't press the issue. He found people, he rebounded and he scored when he needed to score."

Other than James, the Pistons' biggest problem was, well, the Pistons.

They made 17 turnovers -- only one less than their combined total in the series' first two games -- and missed shots that were ripped the nets in Games 1 and 2. For all their playoff experience, the Pistons looked like postseason newcomers down the stretch.

However, coach Flip Saunders isn't too concerned.

"It's a matter of getting back to meat-and-potatoes basketball," he said. "We tried to do too much. We played out of character."

While Wallace may have been the only Detroit player to publicly predict a victory in Game 4, the Pistons, who are 6-0 in Game 4s the past two seasons, are equally confident they still control the series.

Chauncey Billups praised the Cavs for winning a Detroit-style, low-scoring game. Cleveland had to change its game plan to do so. Don't look for the Pistons to make major adjustments.

"Nothing's got to change," Billups said. "We just have to be a little more disciplined in what we're doing. We don't have to change none of our Xs and Os. We just have to not take any chances."

Wallace doesn't see his prediction as risky. He relishes the role of villain, and will be treated with the usual disdain by Cleveland fans, who are still angry at him for a flagrant foul against center Zydrunas Ilgauskas this season.

Wallace isn't afraid of the Cavs, or anyone else.

"There's only one team out there, two teams tops, that can really give us that good challenge that it's like, 'All right, we know we can't make no mistakes against those teams,"' he said.

The Cavaliers aren't one?

"Nah," he said.

Spurologist
05-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Interesting. What exactly is his record in his guarantees? The cavs need to show up and win. Rasheed post game reaction will be purely entertaining.

LilMissSPURfect
05-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Guaran-sheed :wakeup

FreshPrince22
05-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Interesting. What exactly is his record in his guarantees? The cavs need to show up and win. Rasheed post game reaction will be purely entertaining.

2-0, but technically 4-0. The original two were against the Pacers (one in '04 and the other in '05 I believe. Could have been game 6 against Miami). The other two "fringe Guaran-Sheed's" were games 4 and 5 against the Bucks since after game 3 he said something like "They got their game, but game 4 will be the last game they play in this building this year".

I worry about this comment though...

"They can send whoever they want to send. I know the crew I think they're going to send. But it don't matter."

I'm guess the refs will be out to get him since he's essentially calling them out before the game.

Darrin
05-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Interesting. What exactly is his record in his guarantees?

2-0 and a partial guaran-sheed. So 2-0 or 3-0 in his time with the Pistons, depending on who you ask.

jochhejaam
05-14-2006, 09:41 PM
And Rasheed said "Tomorrow night is the last game here in this building for this year." A game 6 if necessary would be played in Cleveland.
So he's guaranteeing a win in Game 5 too.

Spurologist
05-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Upset of the year if the cavs win? Yes.

jochhejaam
05-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Upset of the year if the cavs win? Yes.
If they take the series, yes.

Pistons < Spurs
05-14-2006, 10:02 PM
I fucking love Sheed!!! :fro

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 10:15 PM
"That's Rasheed," James said. "Every playoffs, you know you're going to get at least one good quote out of him. We can't get caught up in that."

:tu Props to Lebron for being very mature about the whole thing and not getting into the hype.

1Parker1
05-14-2006, 10:15 PM
PS. Sheed is a Tool.

(He's also the player that scares me the most) :lol

Darrin
05-14-2006, 10:23 PM
I fucking love Sheed!!! :fro

He's a lunatic, but he's our lunatic.

Vizzini
05-14-2006, 10:32 PM

Damn right.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Gotta love 'Sheed. :lol

Darrin
05-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Damn right.

He reminds me so much of Billy, it's unbelievable. He's more talented, but his role on this team is that of Laimbeer's.

Trainwreck2100
05-14-2006, 11:37 PM
He only guaranshees once a year, and he wastes it on the Cavs?

greyforest
05-14-2006, 11:49 PM
He only guaranshees once a year, and he wastes it on the Cavs?

lol

Vashner
05-14-2006, 11:54 PM
I wish he was on our team...

Sense
05-15-2006, 12:35 AM
He never guaran-sheed in the finals last year.... he wasted it too early...

He knew better.

RON ARTEST
05-15-2006, 12:49 AM
thats what i always say about Artest. :lmao

kobe_bryant
05-15-2006, 01:10 AM
i can guaran-sheed that my boy wallace needs to stay off the mary

lebron is going to owe the pistons monday

jochhejaam
05-15-2006, 06:40 AM
More Rasheed antics from todays Detroit Free Press. Some funny/crazy stuff in this one.

DREW SHARP: Loose lips keep Pistons loose, too

May 15, 2006

Rasheed Wallace met the media after practice Sunday and affirmed his "Guaran-Sheed" still stands. (KIRTHMON F. DOZIER/Detroit Free Press)
CLEVELAND -- All of sudden, it rained Nikes at the end of a Pistons practice last week. And, as usual, the ringleader was Rasheed Wallace.

He would pop out of the training room and lob some leather at Dale Davis and Maurice Evans, interrupting their customary post-practice five-on-five pickup game.

But that didn't prove agitating enough.

So 'Sheed engaged in an impromptu game of dodge ball, wrapping his mitts around a basketball and delivering some Joel Zumaya-like smoke square in Evans' back. <ouch> :lol

That demanded retaliation.

So while reporters crowded Flip Saunders for an interview, Evans chased Wallace around the huddle like two grade-schoolers, looking for an open shot at payback. <that's hilarious> :lol

"Is there such a thing as being too loose?" I asked Saunders.

"They were doing this during the regular season," said Saunders, sounding like a father tired of telling his kids to cut out the roughhouse.

Every team needs an uninhibited spirit who doesn't fear dancing close to the edge while laughing at those questioning his judgment.

'Sheed don't give a ... well, you know. It keeps it easy and even-keeled with his playfulness, and if people take it the wrong way, then that's just tough ... well, you know.

Did anybody think he would back down one inch Sunday from his post-Game 3 declaration that the Pistons would win the next two games from Cleveland and finish this Eastern Conference semifinal in five games? He reiterated that the Pistons "would bust (the Cavs') ass" in tonight's Game 4 at what they call "the Q" here.

You would think such comments would tighten a team, but it has the opposite effect on the Pistons.

Chauncey Billups hadn't heard of Rasheed's promise, and when told of what he said, he just laughed. "Man, we ain't trippin' about it," Billups said. "That's just 'Sheed."

That's always been the rationalization for the conduct that makes you chortle one moment and cringe the next. The devil-may-care casualness to say or do whatever he feels hasn't changed. The difference is that the Pistons are far better suited to that personality because of the strong internal leadership that was in place before Wallace's arrival in 2004.

"You've got to have guys who don't take everything too seriously," Billups said. "We've got a few guys like that on this team and Rasheed helps bring that out and that's important. It doesn't matter what you say. This is just basketball. You still have to play the game and execute. And when you're looser, you're able to better focus on executing what you need to do."

The Pistons are 3-0 in "Guaran-Sheed" games.

It's not a big deal. The city of Cleveland was no doubt grumbling at 'Sheed's audacity, but this is what gamesmanship has become in these now more pedestrian NBA playoffs. Back in the day, you made statements when somebody drove the lane by depositing him on his rear end and daring him to do it again. That was the only "talking" required."Nah, I don't think that's my role (to keep guys loose)," Rasheed said. "It's just a great group of guys, period. We're not the type of guys who get uptight during the game or before the game saying to ourselves, 'Ooooh, we've got to do this or got to do that.' You do that and you get out there and can make mistakes. We don't do that. We're just loose by nature."

Rasheed is the scratchy fingernails on the blackboard, the Pistons' annoyance-in-chief.

But the trick is that it's only a nuisance if the affected party allows it space in its head. Considering the attention his comments received on television here Sunday, they obviously equate his boasts to a dropped gauntlet for the entire city. And he can expect more than the customary decibel level of boos when he's introduced tonight.

Like other Piston fans noted, "he's our lunatic" :D

Vizzini
05-15-2006, 08:23 AM
He reminds me so much of Billy, it's unbelievable. He's more talented, but his role on this team is that of Laimbeer's.

Yes indeed! Lambs and Sheed are one in the same when it comes to speaking their mind and truly not giving a sh*t about what others think of them. They took all of the hatred of the other teams fans on themselves alone, allowing the rest of their playmakers to fly under the radar.

Darrin
05-15-2006, 08:46 AM
thats what i always say about Artest. :lmao

Rasheed is quirky, but he's more likely to throw basketballs at his teammates with a smile on is face than a hail of punches at fans. Comparing the two is like comparing Charles Manson and Marilyn Manson.

theMUHMEshow
05-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Was this really needed? I like that Sheed is cocky and I think the whole reason he is doing this is because the Cleveland fans think they have a shot of winning...I wish he would have saved it for Miami

Vizzini
05-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Was this really needed? I like that Sheed is cocky and I think the whole reason he is doing this is because the Cleveland fans think they have a shot of winning...I wish he would have saved it for Miami

No, it wasn't really needed. Sheed was only saying something that most Pistons fans at least all ready know. This series should not go six games, and eveyone outside of Cleveland or LeBron James' witness protection program knows it. Why save it for Miami? If and when they finish off the Nets, they are going to be the ones doing the talking, and thats fine. The result of game 7 of the ECF last year is worth more than any guarantee will ever do.

bdubya
05-15-2006, 11:06 AM

:tu :tu :tu

Rasheed starts dodge ball free-for-all (http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060513/SPORTS0102/605130318&SearchID=73244643312469)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/bpdubya/bilde.jpg

"At one point, Wallace even had Ryan Hoover , the Pistons' director of player development, in a headlock, demanding that basketballs be thrown at him."

:rollin

DDS4
05-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Guaransheeds in Conference semifinals are weak.

Save it for the NBA Finals and it will really mean something.

Horry For 3!
05-15-2006, 08:47 PM
OWNED :lmao

RON ARTEST
05-15-2006, 08:54 PM
what does he have to say now? :lmao

snowboarder
05-15-2006, 08:54 PM
gauran sheed my ass!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Guaransheed his ankle hurts worse after pulling his foot out of his mouth...

jochhejaam
05-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Ben Wallace just interviewed said "you can't have a man guarantee a win and then have us go out and stank it up the way we did".

nkdlunch
05-15-2006, 09:38 PM
:lol what a dumbass

Marklar MM
05-16-2006, 04:25 PM
AHHA you see his comment after. It was something like

"Ya they won. Even the sun shines on a dogs ass sometimes."