PDA

View Full Version : Mavs aggressiveness and defending it

George Gervin's Afro
05-15-2006, 06:48 AM
I stayed off the internet yesterday because of my disapointment with the way game ended. I have tried to give the mavs all the credit they deserve because they have 2 w's to our one but something has gotten to me. The Mavs ability to draw fouls is getting out of hand. I have no problem with them being aggressive and trying to get into the paint but at some point they are beginning to get away with throwing their bodies around and get a call everytime. How do you defend that? Every one of those guys goes into the lane hoping and initiating contact. We contest shots but when stackhouse and dirk throw their bodies into people there is no way to defend that. Drive and jump into somebody.. very frustrating... Any ideas? get out of the way? complain? Keeping any team out of the line altogether is impossible but when the Mavs are seemingly in the penalty the entire game it is difficult to continuously get out of that. Horry did a great job last night on a Stackhouse play towards the end of the game when he jumped out of the way and Stack was left in the air contorted and off balance.. He did the same thing to Artest... It was nice to see Manu back last night and Tony showed glimpses..