PDA

View Full Version : News Not Fit for Print (Open Thread)

Nbadan
05-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Bird Flu Protection

http://birdfluprotection.com/Images/nanomask.jpg

Bird Flu Masks (NanoMasks) have filters with nanoparticles that have been proven to be highly effective in eradicating viruses and bacteria. The Nano Mask is the first face mask in the world to utilize nanotechnology enhanced filter media to effectively isolate and destroy viral and bacterial contaminants. Nanoparticles enhance the intrinsic filtration efficiency of the media by acting as a destructive absorbent to kill virus and bacteria that come in contact with the filtration system. (NanoMask Testing, Time Kill Study and NanoMask and Bird Flu)

Bird Flu Protection may be used to obtain current bird flu news or visit the Bird Flu Forums to discuss the NanoMask or Avian Flu (H5N1) with others that are concerned about the possible pandemic. The Avian Influenza (H5N1 strain) is serious and the only way we can protect ourselves is by educating our families and friends. Learn as much as you can, because ignorance could have fatal consequences.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

:spless:

Nbadan
05-15-2006, 01:48 PM
$2500 for your mug with a thug...

http://planetsean.blogspot.com/cheney%20boner%201.jpg
That not a cucumber in his pocket!

CLEVELAND -- Vice President Dick Cheney was in Cleveland for a pricey fundraiser Monday.

The vice president attended a luncheon at the Renaissance Hotel for congressional hopeful Craig Foltin. The fundraiser attracted about 200 people at $250 each and there was also a private photo opportunity with Cheney for a contribution of $2,500.

Foltin, the mayor of Lorain, is the Republican running for Ohio's 13th Congressional District against Democrat Betty Sutton.

Nbadan
05-15-2006, 01:50 PM
http://www.slrc-csa.org/site/images/photos/mccuen1.JPG
Some People will post anything on the net

(Cayce) - Inside the walls of Brookland-Cayce High School, you expect students to be treated equally. But a viewer tip led News19 online where a teacher's comments left us asking questions.

"These sorts of things are going to upset people, but the truth can be very upsetting," said Brookland-Cayce High School teacher Winston McCuen.

That truth, at least according to McCuen, is that black people are inferior to whites.

"Intellectually, yes they are," said McCuen. "This has been confirmed over and over, and this is a generalization. Again, there are some blacks who are more intelligent than individual whites. But as a rule, that is true. I-Q tests prove it over, and over and over."

News19's J.R. Berry asked McCuen, "Do you think slavery in America was a good thing? "Yes," said McCuen. "In America there was a rational assessment saying listen, if we give these people freedom right as they are and you have to go back to see how they were, you can't assume they were like us.

J.R. asked, "How were they?" "They were coming out of the jungles," said McCuen. "They had been enslaving each other for centuries in Africa, and in terms of being used to rule of law, they knew none of that."

No doubt about it, Winston McCuen has controversial opinions. But do his views make it into the classroom? He teaches Latin at Brookland-Cayce. He told J.R. that most of his students are white.

J.R. asked," Is this something that enters your classroom, something you tell your students?" "I'm a Latin teacher, so I'm not teaching politics or history," said McCuen. "I'm just teaching Latin."

WLTX (http://www.wltx.com/news/news19.aspx?storyid=37795)

District sources say (http://www.wltx.com/news/news19.aspx?storyid=37827) that McCuen did not disclose that he had been fired from a private school in Greenville for flying the confederate flag in class.

Nbadan
05-15-2006, 02:21 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Video/040402/tdy_stone_peewee_040402.300w.jpg
LA,LA,LA,LA,LA...I Can't hear you!

Laura Bush doesn't believe bad polls on husband

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - First lady Laura Bush said on Sunday she does not believe opinion polls showing her husband's approval ratings at record low levels.

Interviewed on Fox News Sunday, Laura Bush said she did not think people were losing confidence in President George W. Bush, despite a series of polls showing support for him at its lowest point in his five-year presidency and among the lowest for any president in the past 50 years.

"I don't really believe those polls. I travel around the country. I see people, I see their responses to my husband. I see their response to me," she said.

"As I travel around the United States, I see a lot of appreciation for him. A lot of people come up to me and say, 'Stay the course'."

Yahoo News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060514/pl_nm/bush_laura_dc)

xrayzebra
05-15-2006, 02:54 PM
You see, someone does like your post.......you. :lol

Yonivore
05-15-2006, 03:03 PM
You see, someone does like your post.......you. :lol
You ruined it xrayzebra. I was waiting to see if he would set a record for lowest participation in a thread.

Oh, Gee!!
05-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Rove blames Bush's low approval on Iraq
Voters are 'just sour right now on the war'

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Presidential adviser Karl Rove blamed the war in Iraq on Monday for dragging down President Bush's job approval ratings in public opinion polls. "People like this president," Rove said. "They're just sour right now on the war."

Rove said that Bush's likeability ratings are far higher than his approval ratings. "There is a disconnect" because of the Iraq conflict, Rove told the American Enterprise Institute.

"I think the war looms over everything. There's no doubt about it," Rove said during a question-and-answer session after a speech on the economy at the conservative think tank.

Rove, who is deputy White House chief of staff and Bush's top political adviser, brushed aside a question on his own role in the federal CIA-leak investigation, saying he would not go beyond statements by his attorney. "Nice try," Rove told the questioner.

On the economy, Rove credited the president's fiscal policies, particularly a series of first-term tax cuts, for a recovery that has gone on since late 2001. "The reality is, the tax cuts have helped make the U.S. economy the strongest in the world," Rove said.

He said the president in his address to the nation Monday night would propose "a comprehensive solution" on immigration, including tougher border enforcement.

Asked about criticism from some conservatives for his proposal for a guest worker program, Rove said, "This is about getting the right policy, and the politics will take care of themselves."

"I mean, we've seen this about four or five times before in American politics, and it's always seemed to work its way out politically, and I'm confident this will as well," Rove said.

"You'll hear the president talk tonight about steps that we're going to take to increase our security along the border immediately and to deal with the other part of it, which is we will not be able to secure the border unless we have a temporary worker program," Rove said.

The presidential adviser, widely credited with securing Bush's win in 2000 and re-election in 2004, was questioned about public opinion polls that show the president's plunging approval ratings. A recent AP-Ipsos poll showed Bush approval at 33 percent. Other national polls put it around 30 percent. (See Bush's latest approval rating)

"Well, you know, it's interesting, because consumer confidence is relatively high. In fact, it is much higher than the average of the last 40 years," said Rove, who argued that typically should lead to a gain of congressional seats for Republicans in November's midterm elections.

"Their personal circumstances are good. They're feeling good about where they are. They don't like gas prices. Who likes having to pay more at the pump? But they do feel that overall the economy is good for them, that the prospects for their family in the near term and for the future are good," Rove said of Americans.

"They're worried about the long haul. They've heard about the problems with Social Security. They're worried about globalization. But they're confident about where they are right now and where they find themselves," he added.

Rove accused the news media of being too fixated on polls.

"I love this mania which has swept through American media today which substitutes polls for coverage of substance," he said.

"There's, I'm sure, going to be a special Betty Ford addiction for those that are addicted to regular poll numbers, but you'll work your way through it," he said, referring to the former first lady's clinic for treating substance abuse.

Despite low approval ratings, "I'm sanguine," Rove said. "I know our own polls."

He said that Bush's likeability, his personal approval ratings, were in the 60s in some polls. "Job approval is lower. And what that says to me is that people like him, they respect him, he's somebody they feel a connection with, but they're just sour right now on the war. And that's the way it's going to be."

Rove spent about half an hour taking questions from the audience, including some from reporters.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/15/rove.ap/index.html

I thought gas prices were to blame for Bushie's horrible approval rating.

Yonivore
05-15-2006, 03:11 PM
I thought gas prices were to blame for Bushie's horrible approval rating.
Where'd you get that idea? I read an article a couple of days ago that said gas prices were like #15 on the list of things being complained about to local congressional offices.

Immigration led the list.

Oh, Gee!!
05-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Where'd you get that idea? I read an article a couple of days ago that said gas prices were like #15 on the list of things being complained about to local congressional offices.

Immigration led the list.

Anne Coulter.

Yonivore
05-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Anne Coulter.
Since when did you start using Anne Coulter as a reference?

Spurminator
05-15-2006, 04:13 PM
$2500 for your mug with a thug...

That's almost as ridiculous as PBS charging $200 for a DVD!!

Yonivore
05-15-2006, 04:18 PM
That's almost as ridiculous as PBS charging $200 for a DVD!!
And yet, people pay.

Spurminator
05-15-2006, 04:20 PM
It almost makes one wonder if the payment is for something other than the takeaway...

Oh, Gee!!
05-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Since when did you start using Anne Coulter as a reference?

Rush and Hannity have said the same thing.

Yonivore
05-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Rush and Hannity have said the same thing.
So? You use them for sources too?

Yonivore
05-15-2006, 04:31 PM
It almost makes one wonder if the payment is for something other than the takeaway...
ya think?

Oh, Gee!!
05-15-2006, 04:36 PM
So? You use them for sources too?

Just pointing out their stupidity is all.

Spurminator
05-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Shocking, I know, but I can think of no other reason people would allow their "funds" to be "raised" in such a manner.

Yonivore
05-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Just pointing out their stupidity is all.
Okay, now, when did you hear someone official -- because Karl Rove is an official in the administration (as much as that galls some of you) -- say this was the cause of the President's low poll numbers?

Because, then, you'd of found a contradiction worth commenting on.

Oh, Gee!!
05-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Okay, now, when did you hear someone official -- because Karl Rove is an official in the administration (as much as that galls some of you) -- say this was the cause of the President's low poll numbers?

I didn't claim the WH was contradicting itself. I just find it funny that repug pundits like the three clowns I mentioned will say anything to soothe their worried listeners: Don't worry sheep, people still like Bush, they're just upset with gas prices. You didn't make a mistake voting for him. Everything will be okay.

Yonivore
05-15-2006, 05:03 PM
I didn't claim the WH was contradicting itself. I just find it funny that repug pundits like the three clowns I mentioned will say anything to soothe their worried listeners: Don't worry sheep, people still like Bush, they're just upset with gas prices. You didn't make a mistake voting for him. Everything will be okay.
I guess I don't listen to those three then because, I never got that impression. I do occassionally read Coulter for the sheer entertainment of it.

But, if I want to know what this administation is saying, I listen to the administration.

And, I still didn't make a mistake voting for George W. Bush.

Nbadan
05-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Dubya's Fatal instinct moment...

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060516/i/r2822863956.jpg

What's W staring at?

U.S. President George W. Bush (R) shakes hands with Australian Prime Minister John Howard (L) after joint statements in the East Room of the White House in Washington, May 16, 2006. Howard, on an official visit to Washington, will also attend a state dinner in his honor at the White House this evening. REUTERS/Larry Downing

Who's in the audience, anyway?

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060516/capt.68791a93c2d34738a11ea33acee4df45.bush_us_aust ralia_dcgh118.jpg
After the beaver shot?

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice smiles as she waits for President Bush and Australian Prime Minister John Howard to participate in a joint press availability in the East Room of the White House in Washington Tuesday, May 16, 2006. At right is Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

Yonivore
05-16-2006, 10:03 PM
What's the phrase? Oh yeah...I'd hit it!

I'll bet she can leg press Madeleine Albright which, I'm quite sure, it more than the 400 pounds Albright can press.

scott
05-16-2006, 11:31 PM

Why would Karl Rove or any other White House official be the right source for the causes of the President's low poll numbers... are they the ones conducting the polls?

DarkReign
05-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Dubya's Fatal instinct moment...

Basic Instinct or Fatal Attraction?

Whichever, still funny.

DarkReign
05-17-2006, 10:50 AM

OMG, yuck! Are you kidding?!

Is that like a 'women of power' thing? Dude, that chick was born on Mt. Ugly and took the loooooong way down.

Oh, Gee!!
05-17-2006, 01:16 PM

I'll bet she can leg press Madeleine Albright which, I'm quite sure, it more than the 400 pounds Albright can press.

piihb?

Nbadan
05-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Irony defined:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/PeaceDiva/bushwaddowdrop.jpg

Yonivore
05-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Why would Karl Rove or any other White House official be the right source for the causes of the President's low poll numbers... are they the ones conducting the polls?
No, but neither are the three people listed by OhGee!! Maybe "they" (whoever "they" are) should conduct a poll that determines why Americans believe the President's poll numbers are so low.

Further, I'd be interested to see Oh Gee's source for his assertion those three even said what he claims.

Oh, Gee!!
05-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Further, I'd be interested to see Oh Gee's source for his assertion those three even said what he claims.

Damn, I didn't record their shows. Fucking Yoni :lol

Yonivore
05-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Damn, I didn't record their shows. Fucking Yoni :lol
Hey, if you going to put words in people's mouths you should at least provide support.

I'm not saying they didn't say that because, well, I don't listen to Limbaugh or Hannity and I rarely read Coulter. But, even so, gasoline prices has never been the reason I've heard when discussing the President's low popularity lately.

Maybe I don't hang with people that listen or read those three either.

I find it amazing you do.

Yonivore
05-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Irony defined:

And, redefined:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/murtha.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
05-18-2006, 12:36 PM
yes, yoni, a red X is ironic.

Yonivore
05-18-2006, 12:44 PM
yes, yoni, a red X is ironic.
I see it fine. Maybe you need to keep your apps updated.

Oh, Gee!!
05-18-2006, 12:49 PM
I see it fine. Maybe you need to keep your apps updated.

because it's in your cache, dork.

Oh, Gee!!
05-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Michelle Malkin is a cunt anyway

Yonivore
05-18-2006, 01:10 PM
because it's in your cache, dork.
I think the word is "non-geek."

Yonivore
05-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Michelle Malkin is a cunt anyway
I'd hit it.

Yonivore
07-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Speaking of Michelle Malkin. She's connecting the American Jihadi dots over at Hot Air (http://hotair.com/archives/vent/2006/07/12/american-jihad-and-the-baltimore-terror-cell/).

Take a look...and think, gee, a surveillance program that could intercept phone calls made from known al Qaedans outside the U.S. to numbers inside the U.S. would be neat to have. As would a way of following al Qaedan money around the world. Oh yeah, and since phone records aren't protected by any FISA provision or other statute, maybe we could have another NSA Program that mines those records for any such communications we may have missed.

And, oh yeah, I'd still hit it.

mookie2001
07-12-2006, 06:59 PM
yeah malkin is pretty hot
I find selling out in the worst way attractive
her voice is horrible though, she sounds like shes putting on an act to sound more conservative