PDA

View Full Version : Spurs - Nuggets Summer League on right now on NBATV

Solid D
08-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Beno, Noel, and the rest.

Solid D
08-27-2004, 01:03 AM
Beno sort of reminds me of Kevin Pritchard except slightly quicker. I hope he has a better career in the NBA than Kevin.

Solid D
08-27-2004, 02:10 AM
I know Kori and timvp reported on this game at the time. Monty Williams was in the huddles with the Spurs as though he was helping coach Brett Brown. For those who care to read them, here are a couple of other observations.

Well, I watched most of the game and I am impressed with Beno's passing and his peripheral vision and court sense. He has a very comfortable feel for the game. He passed it to guys in a position to score, even when passing out of pressure in most cases. This game didn't showcase his outside shot very much but his drive and kick is excellent. He made a clutch up and under bank shot in the final 30 seconds to regain the lead which showed he can play in the clutch.

Defensively, he closed out on the perimeter shooters very quickly. He has quick enough hands to poke the ball away and disrupt rhythm when he decides to get up into his man. Over all, he is a pretty nice player but we'll see when he gets to the big show.

ducks
08-27-2004, 11:10 AM
beno > speedy
soon