PDA

View Full Version : Parkers health

Fabbs
05-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Has not looked the same since Artest bodyslammed him in Game 6.
Which i realize what reaggrivating existing injurys.

He is not looking nearly as fast as the reg season.
What do you think? If he is healthy i say he gives Devin Harris a doze of his own medicine. However Harris is blowing by him in Gm 3.

FromWayDowntown
05-15-2006, 05:36 PM
I think Parker's defense has been suspect most of this season and I think the Mavericks have found a way to exploit it with sheer speed.

Tony can prove me wrong any time he wishes to.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 05:37 PM
If Devin fucking Harris outplays our 2 time champion, playoff tested all star point guard for a third straight game, then we deserve to lose.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Tony was hurt pretty bad in Games 1 and 2 (he could barely walk the night before each game). Last game I would say that he was much better but not 100%. Hopefully he's 100% tonight.

I know he's pissed off. Which is a good thing.

timvp
05-15-2006, 05:46 PM
I think Parker's defense has been suspect most of this season and I think the Mavericks have found a way to exploit it with sheer speed.

Tony can prove me wrong any time he wishes to.

Parker owned Bibby and Terry in the first eight games of the playoffs. Manu guarded Harris in Game 2. In Game 3, the Spurs were switching pick-and-rolls and 90% of Harris' points came off that play. I don't see how Parker can control how the switcher guards him.

That said, Parker has to score tonight. The Mavs are daring him to beat them. So far he hasn't.

Parker needs 30.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 05:47 PM
timvp do u think parker scoring is more pivotal than manu?

i see parker having trouble getting 30, but if manu is playoff manu and nailin that jumper, we will be okay

i think its just all about someone, anyone, stepping up to help tim at this point

timvp
05-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Parker scoring in the first three quarters is needed because he can score easily. Him scoring also breaks down Dallas' defense. If he keeps taking it into the lane and attacking the rim, the Mavs might have to send help for the first time this series. That'd open up the three-point shooters.

Manu's scoring is vital but I want him rested for the fourth quarter. Parker needs to play like he's played all year.

Oh, Gee!!
05-15-2006, 05:51 PM
If Devin fucking Harris outplays our 2 time champion, playoff tested all star point guard for a third straight game, then we deserve to lose.

Bad enough when Billups does it, but when some young upstart does it........ :madrun

Cant_Be_Faded
I think we are fucked from the getgo if we keep fucking starting horry, because its hard for us to control tempo without winning the battle of the boards.

The mavs look like they're dictating for 3 quarters of every game, parker gets flustered and does a wreckless drive instead of a smart drive
I think parker was well rested enough to have a monster game on saturday, he just didnt, hopefully his attitude will be conducive to him slashing smart.

FromWayDowntown
Parker owned Bibby and Terry in the first eight games of the playoffs. Manu guarded Harris in Game 2. In Game 3, the Spurs were switching pick-and-rolls and 90% of Harris' points came off that play. I don't see how Parker can control how the switcher guards him.

I agree with all that you say. I still think that Parker has been a defensive liability for most of this season and I thought in the first half of game 3, when it didn't appear to me that the Spurs were switching everything coming off a screen, Parker was having all sorts of trouble staying in front of Harris. I'm not sure that Dallas was running much pick and roll for Harris; it looked much more like screening to set up the drive.

If you tell me that I what I thought I saw didn't happen, I'll take your word for it.

For most of the 2nd half, when the Spurs aggressively switched every screen, Harris was offensively absent, which allowed the Spurs to reset their defense and get back into the game.

That said, Parker has to score tonight. The Mavs are daring him to beat them. So far he hasn't.

Parker needs 30.

I don't know that he needs 30, but it would be huge if he got it. It would be even better if he and his comrades could derail the Devin Harris express.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 05:54 PM
dallas radio and newspaper are all over Devin Harris' D, saying how he is the next tony parker and shit

i knew this shit was going to happen, parker fucking owns harris too
he needs to show this fucking green bitch who is the real mothafuckin ice cream man

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Harris is a bitch, I can grow a better beard than him.

timvp
05-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Bottom line is there's no way freaking Devin Harris should be beating the Spurs. I could halfway understand Bonzi Wells but Devin Harris is unacceptable. He's just not that good. He can't pass. He can't shoot. He's quick but that's it.

Trap him or lay off him or do something. Just don't let him go one-on-one.

Parker needs to pressure him some more and not let him get into his sets.

No excuses.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Why is it so difficult to throw a defender at him full court, even if it is parker, and even if it is a few times?

I thought Devin Harris sucked at shooting too, but he has been nailing his 1 or 2 jumpers a game so far.

timvp
05-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Harris had zero assists and 24 points. He doesn't even look to pass. He's a small shooting guard who can't shoot.

Destroy this biatch.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Harris had zero assists and 24 points. He doesn't even look to pass. He's a small shooting guard who can't shoot.

Destroy this biatch.
exactly.

the Spurs can play off of him, just make sure he doesn't drive right.

All Harris does is drive right, and magically, it's an automatic and 1 every time.

FromWayDowntown
05-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Bottom line is there's no way freaking Devin Harris should be beating the Spurs. I could halfway understand Bonzi Wells but Devin Harris is unacceptable. He's just not that good. He can't pass. He can't shoot. He's quick but that's it.

Trap him or lay off him or do something. Just don't let him go one-on-one.

Parker needs to pressure him some more and not let him get into his sets.

No excuses.

Parker can best pressure him by attacking him on the offensive end.

I still think that Parker should be checking Harris and I think Parker should, in that capacity, go under screens and give Harris the open jumper if he wants it. Let's see if the kid can consistently drain jumpers in a playoff atmosphere. Parker should be familiar with those defensive concepts -- the Nets, Lakers, and Pistons were all fairly successful in curtailing his offense by daring him to hit jumpers.

If the Mavericks involve Harris in screen/roll plays with Nowitzki, then switch that stuff. If they're going to try to run Harris off of screens with the ball, go under, but do so with some aggression and don't let him turn the corner. Push him baseline and take advantage of your help in the middle.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Problem is, 9 out of 10 plays, our only help in the middle is Tim, and he's being bodied decent. We have no other big man out there and it fucking sucks

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I just can't comprehend how Pop assumes non-small ball doesn't work if he hasn't even tried it in like 4 games

timvp
05-15-2006, 06:04 PM
The weird thing is Harris only runs pick and rolls with Dampier. If Dirk is in a pick and roll, it's with Terry. With a Dampier/Harris P'n'R, trap it, go under it, go over it, zone it ... do anything other than switch it. Switching it just puts Duncan on Harris for a one-on-one And1 streetball show.

ALVAREZ6
05-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Pop better not use fucking small ball, that shit simply doesn't work unless your goal is to get the MVP into foul trouble and getting outrebounded.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Why can't pop notice these things during a game

timvp
05-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Small ball is an unavoidable reality right now. I'm just going to lay back and enjoy it like Bobby said to do.

:cry

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 06:07 PM
So you're saying we stick with the horry start and small ball lineup?

Dude if the spurs go out playing small ball I smell a fired coach

MaNuMaNiAc
05-15-2006, 06:07 PM
:lmao! you people are hilarious! you are worried because Parker isn't putting up regular season numbers against championship material teams in the postseason? unbelieveable!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 06:09 PM
how did we win 63 games in an nba season with two centers who are incapable of contributing anything against the dallas mavericks

it boggles the mind

timvp
05-15-2006, 06:11 PM
If you play a center, Duncan will have to guard Dirk. Spurs don't want that.

That means no center.

I don't agree 100% with it but the way Dirk is drawing fouls, Duncan might foul out in the first quarter if you put him on Dirk to start the game.

cherylsteele
05-15-2006, 06:20 PM
So you're saying we stick with the horry start and small ball lineup?

Dude if the spurs go out playing small ball I smell a fired coach
I have been a big Pop supporter...but why in the world do you not even use Rasho? He is a shot blocker and pretty good defender and rebounder, he can also score around the basket.

Pop uses Fabricio before he uses Rasho? At least Rasho can catch the damn ball. If he's gonna bring in Fabio he might as well use Sean Marks on Dirk....at least Sean is long and can shoot and is kinda quick. Or bring in Beno.....At least he doesn't get kicked out of the game for throwing a tantrum.

Don't start Horry......he shouldn't have started game 3.....after he started game 2 and we got blown out go back to the original because that experiment didn't work.
If your aren't going to play everyone when you are down big and struggling to find that right mix then we should consider a change.

picnroll
05-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Too bad Kurt Thomas got hurt which resulted in Tim Thomas signing with the Suns rather than the Spurs. :depressed

strangeweather
05-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Pop uses Fabricio before he uses Rasho? At least Rasho can catch the damn ball. If he's gonna bring in Fabio he might as well use Sean Marks on Dirk....at least Sean is long and can shoot and is kinda quick.

I wouldn't mind at all if Pop subbed in Kiwi and made Nazr inactive. But the only way Rasho sees significant PT is if Dirk is so hobbled that 'Sho can stay out in front of him consistently.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Spurs could start Oberto, just so Horry doesn't get those 2 quick fouls like in GM3