PDA

View Full Version : Cavs/Pistons - Refs sucked, but...

bdubya
05-15-2006, 08:48 PM
....yeah, the refs sucked ASS, but the loss is on the Pistons' 7-minute scoring drought.

Oh well....this one goes six.

:cuss

RON ARTEST
05-15-2006, 08:56 PM
....yeah, the refs sucked ASS, but the loss is on the Pistons' 7-minute scoring drought.

Oh well....this one goes six.

:cuss
everyone knows the pistons will win the series. i just find it funny that SHEED talked so much trash yesterday about how this was the last game for the cavs at home this season and it didnt happen.

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2006, 08:57 PM
if Sheed didn't get injured...............................

RON ARTEST
05-15-2006, 09:06 PM
if Sheed didn't get injured...............................
well he did and the pistons lost. are you saying if he didnt get injured the pistons would have won? i could say the same thing about the kings in 2003 when webber got hurt that we would have won a title. but we didnt so no excuses.

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2006, 09:10 PM
well he did and the pistons lost. are you saying if he didnt get injured the pistons would have won? i could say the same thing about the kings in 2003 when webber got hurt that we would have won a title. but we didnt so no excuses.

Oh, I have no excuses. We lost. Couldn't buy a bucket. We deserved to lose. Oh well. No big deal. So now we win in 6 instead of 5. It means nothing.

RON ARTEST
05-15-2006, 09:13 PM
So now we win in 6 instead of 5. It means nothing.
i was just gonna say that. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Finals MVP Chauncey Billups 3/10 with 11 points

J.T.
05-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Rasheed postgame: "Even the sun shines on a dog's ass"

We should have a vBookie for how much he gets fined. I say 25.

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Finals MVP Chauncey Billups 3/10 with 11 points
7 assists, 3 rebounds 3 steals only 1 to.

He was being a playmaker. I actually prefer when he puts the team on his back, but I can't say anything negative about his game tonight.

FreshPrince22
05-15-2006, 10:29 PM
7 assists, 3 rebounds 3 steals only 1 to.

He was being a playmaker. I actually prefer when he puts the team on his back, but I can't say anything negative about his game tonight.

Chauncey was absolutely awful. I've never seen him take so many bad shots in my life.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-15-2006, 10:32 PM
I can't say anything negative about his game tonight.

I can. If he would have been his normal self down the stretch we would have won.

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Chauncey was absolutely awful. I've never seen him take so many bad shots in my life.

he only missed 7 shots...I've definetly seen him take more bad shots in one game.

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2006, 10:50 PM
I can. If he would have been his normal self down the stretch we would have won.

true...but

if sheed was healthy we would have won.

if Dice played down the stretch instead of Evans, we would have won.

If we shot more 3's we would have won ( in games 1&2 (both wins) we averaged 22.5 three attempts....in games 3&4 (both losses) we averaged 16.5 attempts

Varejo did a nice job taking the charge on Billups. If not Chauncey would have gone to the line, and he would have won it for us.

oh well. looking forward to the next game!

Darrin
05-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Pistons get their requisite 3 home games (every series since 2002), and it appears the Cavs get theirs as well.

atxrocker
05-16-2006, 01:42 AM
pistons lost to that one man team that is lbj. thats embarrassing. still, pistons got this series easy. i bet the league is happy their poster boy got this far in the postseason.

bdubya
05-16-2006, 01:52 AM
pistons lost to that one man team that is lbj.

No. I could deal with that. LBJ we can handle. We lost to Varejao's play at both ends, and to our own inability to PUT THE BALL IN THE HOOP WHERE IT BELONGS. Maybe to our own complacency, too. THAT all's what really bugs me.

trueD
05-16-2006, 03:13 AM
No. I could deal with that. LBJ we can handle. We lost to Varejao's play at both ends, and to our own inability to PUT THE BALL IN THE HOOP WHERE IT BELONGS. Maybe to our own complacency, too. THAT all's what really bugs me.8 minutes without a hoop is quite unusual for any team.

Pistons will win in 6, but LeBron is having the time of his life, thanks to the Pistons shoddy shooting, yahoo!

I. Love. LeBron.

http://www.kbbk.dk/Ny/LeBron%20James.jpg

jochhejaam
05-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Yeah the refs made a couple of bad calls at the end but after the loss I wasn't thinking about the refs, I was thinking about all of the missed shots.

On the bright side IMO we played lights out defense. Big win coming up Wednesday (not guaranteed :lol )

Vashner
05-16-2006, 06:06 AM
lol what if Pistons and Spurs got knocked off...

Cavs and Clippers Finals!... that means the end of the world and hell is about to freeze over...

Darrin
05-16-2006, 11:22 AM
pistons lost to that one man team that is lbj. thats embarrassing. still, pistons got this series easy. i bet the league is happy their poster boy got this far in the postseason.

Come on. The Pistons have been putting themselves in a position where King James could take over the game. Varejo and Gooden were two factors that made me think this would go six games going into this series. I remembered how much trouble the Pistons have with athletic rebounders. These players include:

(numbers in Pistons playoff losses)
Keon Clark (18.5 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.5 bpg vs. Raptors '02),
Antonio Davis (20.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.0 bog vs. Raptors '02)
Drew Gooden (17.7 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 1.3 bpg vs. Magic '03),
Kenyon Martin (17.9 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.9 bpg vs. Nets '03, '04),
Joe Smith (11 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks vs. Milwaukee '04),
Samuel Dalembert (14 points, 10 rebounds, 3 blocks vs. Sixers '05),

They are able to get to the ball after the Pistons help defense fully commits. This has been the case for as long as I can remember. Varejo (13.0 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and .5 bpg) has been no exception.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 11:37 AM
IYou have no idea how hurt I will be if Det. loses one more to the Cavs

Darrin
05-16-2006, 11:48 AM
IYou have no idea how hurt I will be if Det. loses one more to the Cavs

As a matter of fact, I do. The Pistons lost 3 straight games to the Nets two years ago after taking a 2-0 series lead, they lost two games in Orlando to go down 3-1 in the first round 3 years ago. Nothing that you are feeling this morning can compare to the Robert Horry shot in last year's NBA Finals. As I've said on this site before, what if the Pistons don't get back to the Finals? It's easier to get back to the Conference Semis. But the Pistons went 14 years between Finals appearances (1990 to 2004). What if the Big Shot Rob Shot is the last Finals memory for a generation? The Lions have never been to the Super Bowl, but have 3 NFL titles. What if Big Shot Bob ended their last Finals trip ever? Will they ever be 12 minutes away from another NBA title?

All due respect to what's happening this morning, the Spurs haven't lost in the NBA Finals yet. It's a new kind of low as a fan of a sports team, especially when it comes from a nortorious late-game marksman and you go from potentially winning back-to-back titles in game 6 to having to win in order for the season to continue. And it all changed in less than 2 seconds.

It's one thing to lose to a team that has your number. It's entirely different when you know that you're good enough to beat the Champions, and it was just a matter fractions between winning a Championship and not winning it.

bdubya
05-16-2006, 12:19 PM
I remembered how much trouble the Pistons have with athletic rebounders.

I remember the Curse of the Random White Guy. Brian Scalabrine, Jeff Foster, Luke Walton...Anderson Varejao.

Darrin
05-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Anderson Varejao.

He's not white; he's from Brazil.

bdubya
05-16-2006, 01:47 PM

Oh, man...you shouldna gone there....now we're gonna have an avalanche of Ginobili fans on this thread, explaining that South American doesn't necessarily equal Hispanic... :duck

ripcity1
05-16-2006, 01:50 PM

You know it! That's their money boy, right there! I just can't believe they haven't pre-empted all shows to put King James on network prime time TV.
Ya'll know before this series, Detroit was on NBA TV.

C'mon Pistons! C'mon Spurs! I wanna rematch!

DarkReign
05-16-2006, 02:06 PM

Ouch, delete this post. I made the same statement once...ONCE.

Seems Argentina is more Italian descent than Hispanic. I didnt know and probably should have.

You know what they say about ass-u-me-ing.

Darrin
05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
You know it! That's their money boy, right there! I just can't believe they haven't pre-empted all shows to put King James on network prime time TV.
Ya'll know before this series, Detroit was on NBA TV.

C'mon Pistons! C'mon Spurs! I wanna rematch!

Me, too. But that's why they play the games.

NBA_FAN1
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh, man...you shouldna gone there....now we're gonna have an avalanche of Ginobili fans on this thread, explaining that South American doesn't necessarily equal Hispanic... :duck

How stupid is that !! ??
south america = hispanic.

freedom&justice
05-17-2006, 02:36 AM
lol what if Pistons and Spurs got knocked off...

Cavs and Clippers Finals!... that means the end of the world and hell is about to freeze over...

Man that's felonious.

The Genius
05-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Man that's felonious.

Hark-hark.

DarkReign
05-17-2006, 07:50 AM
How stupid is that !! ??
south america = hispanic.

Youre an idiot and youre dead wrong.

bdubya
05-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Youre an idiot and youre dead wrong.

That's what I was thinking, but maybe he/she means the idea that SA=hispanic is stupid. No telling.

1Parker1
05-17-2006, 10:09 AM
:lmao This is like the Pistons version of the great Spurs debate: "Is Manu cnsidered White?"

austinfan
05-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've lived in Brazil and most of the population is of Portuguese and African descent, usually a mix of the two, with, to a lesser extent, some indigenous Indian blood thrown in, in places like the Amazon.

But in the south of the country, there are a lot of people descended from immigrants who came over during the same era when they also went to Argentina (and came to the U.S., for that matter). So you've got people of German heritage and Italian, also Japanese. Plus the people from Portugal who never intermarried and have stayed "white." I hate categories like that, but Varejão is considered white there.

And Brazilians aren't technically Hispanic, which means from Spain.

/pedantic lesson