PDA

View Full Version : Is a "We Told You So" coming?

bdubya
05-15-2006, 09:27 PM
I've heard plenty of people here say that Flip is not a playoff coach, isn't capable of making adjustments on the fly, etc.....I've been thinking his history is due to the teams he had, not to any coaching deficiency, but when I watch this team go through a scoring drought like Carlisle was still in charge, I start to wonder. When I think back to Delfino's D on The Young King*, plus his slashing to the basket, and see him blowing bubble gum on the bench while Evans is on the floor being Evans, I REALLY start to wonder...time will tell.

(* honorific and italics as a courtesy to Mister Stern, in hopes it'll put him in a good mood if Rasheed gets any T's that are subject to review)

nkdlunch
05-15-2006, 09:37 PM
If Flip gonna depend on a guy like Evans in crunch time, Detroit is in trouble. I know it's the playoffs and all, but Evans???? wtf?

Pistons < Spurs
05-15-2006, 09:40 PM
For whatever reason, Flip has confidence in Evans.

It is what it is.

And to be fair to Evans, it's not a knock on his game.....but a desire to see Delfino more than him.

Ideally, I'd like to see us trade or dump Mo after this year, so that we can give Del minutes and convince him to stay w/ our club. Because my fear is that we are going to lose him due to him not getting any PT.

jochhejaam
05-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Pistons hit 25 or 75 shots, that is not Flips fault.

CubanMustGo
05-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Crap happens. You won't see Detroit shoot that badly the rest of the playoffs.

FreshPrince22
05-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Pistons hit 25 or 75 shots, that is not Flips fault.

When 15-20 of those are BAD SHOTS. I disagree. Reel in your fucking players, Flip. Chauncey and Tayshaun are out of control with the quick jumpshots. I've been saying for months that this "Free-flow" bullshit is going to cost us in the playoffs. I had hoped the players themselves were capable of controlling themselves, but I'm starting to doubt that right now. Chauncey thinks he can put the dagger in at any point. Even if it's a 20 footer off-the-dribble with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. And don't get me started on Tayshaun's one-on-one, then shoot an ugly J move. That's gotta be a 5% shot, yet they go to it consistantly. Ridiculous.

Darrin
05-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Whether it's Flip Saunders or not, the Pistons 1-3 record on the road is bothersome. They are allowing opponents to average 52% from the field in their building.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Crap happens. You won't see Detroit shoot that badly the rest of the playoffs.

:lol i remember saying that after game 1, 2,3 and 4 of the Nuggets-Clips series :drunk

lets put it into perspective though as far as offense goes

Billups >>>> Dre
Rip >>>>> Buck
Melo >>>> Prince
Rasheed >>>>> K
Camby >>>>> Ben.....

no wonder ur confident :lol u have guys who can shoot from 1-4....... the poor old Nuggets have Melo and.................................

thats all :fro

bdubya
05-15-2006, 10:05 PM
I don't blame Flip for the guys on the floor shooting like ass. But when it happens, I'd like to see him shake things up a little, like maybe give Delfino some time, or maybe since Rasheed was hobbled, put Davis in to make them respect the low post a little more and open up the outside? Something to keep the Cavs off balance, 'cause it sure looked like they had the main rotation figured out tonight.

1Parker1
05-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Pistons are fine. They look a little bored out there to be honest. They were due for a bad offensive game. Both teams choked big time down the stretch, Pistons missed TONs of shots they normally make. If I were a Pistons fan, I wouldn't worry at all.