PDA

View Full Version : I'm Disgusted

PM5K
05-15-2006, 11:23 PM
That blocking foul was just plain horrible, I mean as Tim is on the ground his feet are STILL outside of the circle, so how on earth were they inside the circle when he was standing up, I mean physically it just makes zero sense and that wound up being a three point swing....

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 11:29 PM
mavs are about to possibly win a game with free throws again....

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2006, 11:33 PM
disgusted by barry and his incredibly idiotic pass

Louie Vega
05-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Spurs = Terrible Ratings
The NBA wants to see Dallas and or Phoenix-Fun and Gun series with tons of points,
or Dallas-LA Clippers-Largest media market in the country.

It is blantantly obvious by the officiating.

snowboarder
05-15-2006, 11:49 PM
shut up its not over

PM5K
05-15-2006, 11:52 PM
I never said anything was over, just that I was disgusted because it was such a bad call.

That pass had more of an affect on this game than that call, but I'm still disgusted about that call...

greyforest
05-15-2006, 11:54 PM
what about bowen fouling dirk?

dirk shoved him 4 times.

snowboarder
05-15-2006, 11:59 PM
now its over, now im disgusted

i can't believe TP misses both FT's and we waste the time trying to steal... FOUL god damnit

PM5K
05-15-2006, 11:59 PM
I don't know about four times but initially Bruce impeded him, then Dirk pushed off on Bruce, then nothing happened and they decided to blow the whitstle...

Who knows what the fuck they were thinking on that one...

baseline bum
05-16-2006, 12:22 AM
This is the most disgusting fucking series I've ever seen in my life. Fuck the whole league. There's no way Bruce fouled that goat-looking Nazi fuck.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2006, 12:23 AM
I am disgusted by:

Van Exel, he is the worst spur

Barry's clutchtime turnovers: he cost us two HUGE possessions, one towards the end of regulation, once in over time

Lack of Defense
Lack of Rebounding

There is no chance a team, this team, any team, will EVER win a championship without rebounding and defense. What are the spurs trying to prove? You can't win this way. You just can't. Noone has. Noone will.
I sure do wish Duncan had saved our ass, but in a way we didnt deserve it. Mavs are just the better team. And it kills me to say that.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Mavs bailed out by the refs again. It is what it is.

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 12:48 AM
The days of letting players decide games are gone.

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Anyone watch TNT inside the NBA. Ernie reported that after Bowen was called for that BS hand checking late in the game, he went to mid court, looked at Stern and said "That's terrible"

Charles: "The NBA needs to do something about this. The refs sucked"

PM5K
05-16-2006, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say they sucked, but that three point swing call was a big one to miss, and shows exactly why the no charge zone should be removed.

Having said that, that was too obvious a call to miss, there needs to be some repercussions for refs that miss calls that badly.

The Dirk/Bowen call just made no sense, they could have called a contact foul on Bruce, although it wasn't much, then they could have called an offensive foul that was much more, and then they blew the whistle on nothing.

The Duncan call when he was fighting for position was also weak and not what anyone expects to see in the Playoffs between two big men.

It wasn't great but we certainly didn't need much help loosing this game...

rayray2k8
05-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Im speechless.. I just cant see how people can say the game is being poorly officiated.

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Im speechless.. I just cant see how people can say the game is being poorly officiated.

Sleeping under a rock for a while can do that to you

PM5K
05-16-2006, 01:36 AM
It wasn't horrible, but how can you argue that the Duncan block call wasn't a bad one, and it wound up costing us three points with a few minutes remaining.

There were some other questionable calls that I listed.

I think prior to that block call the refs were within their margin of error, they don't get them all right and that's to be expected, and I can live with them missing a few, but after the block call things only got worse.

Again I can't totally blame the refs, the Spurs still could have won but tossed their chances out the window...

SA210
05-16-2006, 01:38 AM
"The NBA officials, they suck." - Charles Barkley

mikejones99
05-16-2006, 01:38 AM
Are you blind? Bowen did not foul that Monster German. The refs were worse in game 3. Spurs should still win this, maybe give Beno some minutes too cause the refs hate Nick too.

RON ARTEST
05-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Are you blind? Bowen did not foul that Monster German. The refs were worse in game 3. Spurs should still win this, maybe give Beno some minutes too cause the refs hate Nick too.
o brother now you guys are saying the refs hate certain players. the mavs are a better team this year and thats all there is to it. yes there were some bad calls but dont act like the spurs dont get calls also.

mikejones99
05-16-2006, 01:42 AM
San Antonio is bad for NBA business and ratings.

rayray2k8
05-16-2006, 01:43 AM
oh, I guess those last fouls shots but Dirk to even up the game and send it to overtime was legit.....face it ray the league is bogus.:lol

Goddamnit man..
I cant believe im gonna say this, but it ALMOST seems that way.
I dont know what the hell is going on.
BOTH game 3 and 4 were played well by the spurs that put them in postion to win.

Im glad Charles and Kenny admit the officiating has been terrible.
(BTW run me later on spell check, i just dont give a fuck right now)

MissAllThat
05-16-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm almost as disgusted as I was after that Laker series in 04.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Spurs = Terrible Ratings
The NBA wants to see Dallas and or Phoenix-Fun and Gun series with tons of points,
or Dallas-LA Clippers-Largest media market in the country.

It is blantantly obvious by the officiating.
It's not a conspiracy, the refs are just terrified to ref in the AAC. It's pretty unbelievable to watch really, I've never seen anything quite like it.

PM5K
05-16-2006, 01:46 AM
I have to agree, Nick has gotten a lot of foul calls against him, some certainly legit but in this game he was trailing someone and somehow got a foul call when at most he was behind the guy with both hands on him, just touching him.

Is that a foul, not that I know of, is that a foul you expect to see in the Playoffs, not even...

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 01:47 AM

This was one of the best games in nba playoffs history even though it was marred by fucked up offficiating. The ratings will be good.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm almost as disgusted as I was after that Laker series in 04.
Fuck, this is worse than that. At least Fish made a tough shot from the field to win. In the last two games, at any point in the 4th, if the Mavs needed points there was a whistle. In the playoffs you're supposed to have to earn your points (unless you play in AAC).

austinfan
05-16-2006, 01:50 AM

Yep, the bottom line rules all. If Duncan gave a damn, and was out there hawking shoes and shirts and watches and pain-relief gel or whatever it is that Shaq is promoting this time around--and selling NBA-licensed jerseys as a result--you can be certain we would not be getting jobbed like this. Or if we weren't the smallest media market in the NBA. But the two together--small market and low-key superstar? Bad combination for the NBA and its advertisers. Don't get me wrong, I love that Duncan doesn't buy into the hype, and that basically he sends a big FU to Stern and Nike and all that "We're all witnesses" crap, but it does make a difference.

Pistons better watch out, because Stern would like nothing more than for the Heat to end up in the Finals.

greyforest
This was one of the best games in nba playoffs history even though it was marred by fucked up offficiating. The ratings will be good.

ratings arent going to be good when it gets out that games are fixed.

maybe some idiots will still watch it, they still watch WWF.

TDMVPDPOY
This is worster then playin against the lakers 3peat team, how we dont get calls at there home court

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 01:53 AM

Ratings should be good because this should be the WCF, and get those ratings. Depending on the teams, the WCF will prob get less.

bdubya
05-16-2006, 02:05 AM
That blocking foul was just plain horrible, I mean as Tim is on the ground his feet are STILL outside of the circle, so how on earth were they inside the circle when he was standing up, I mean physically it just makes zero sense and that wound up being a three point swing....

Yeah, Varejao did the same thing to Chauncey and it was a charge. Different games, but still, jeez....

trueD
05-16-2006, 02:39 AM
It's not a conspiracy, the refs are just terrified to ref in the AAC. It's pretty unbelievable to watch really, I've never seen anything quite like it.Maybe you missed Kings/Lakers Game 6 in 2002 WCF.

I think the Lakers have all the bootleg copies, probably been viewing them for the last two years running instead of going fishing.

Yeah, they all head over to Phil's house, get stoned, watch Game 6 and just laugh and laugh and laugh. :rolleyes

Tek_XX
05-16-2006, 02:50 AM
"The NBA officials, they suck." - Charles Barkley

Did he really say that. If so that's awesome.