PDA

View Full Version : Blame the lose on Brent Barry

Lakerfan
05-16-2006, 12:47 AM
His pass was just unacceptable it's been twice the Spurs have made a mistake by inbounding the ball.

it was a stupid fucking pass by Brent yes the Refs were unfair but seriously 2 stright mistakes in critical moments one in Game 3 and Game 4 this isn't a natural mistake championship teams don't do these mistakes.

SenorSpur
05-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Was he the one who threw that stupid inbounds pass to Ginobili, which was poked away by Devin Harris?

Unforgiveable mistake by a veteran who is supposed to have a high basketball IQ.

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Barry fucked up a lot tonight yes, we were for sure missing Manu in the 4th

DDS4
05-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Was he the one who threw that stupid inbounds pass to Ginobili, which was poked away by Devin Harris?

Unforgiveable mistake by a veteran who is supposed to have a high basketball IQ.

It was the one on the near sideline to Finley. Barry threw the pass way too wide. And even if Finley caught it, he was trapped in the corner.

atxrocker
05-16-2006, 01:34 AM
barry lost the game? he may have contributed to the loss but losing manu to fouls hurt more im sure since he was getting hot

loveforthegame
05-16-2006, 01:44 AM
I didn't think anything would top that Horry pass to Ginobli in the last game. I really didn't think one of veterans could make a more errant pass again.

Barry proved me wrong tonight. I just don't understand what he was thinking. Finley was open near the corner but Barry threw it wide and if he would have caught it he would have been flying out of bounds and lucky at that.

You can point to many things throughout the game but no denying the fact that we had the lead both times when our guys threw passes that changed the momentum. We should have had both games but those turnovers cost us.

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2006, 01:56 AM
i dont think barry cost us the game, we shouldve won this game in the 4th period, stupid plays cost us the game, players who cant shoot chuckin up shots, and refs saving dirk on that last play, when he shouldve just let the players decide the outcome of the game on that last play in the 4th period with 12 secs left.

OT we dissappeared

Slinkyman
05-16-2006, 01:58 AM
if we only had JR Smith!!!!! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss DAMN YOU STERN!

nobodi_home
05-16-2006, 04:33 AM
Barry? No. If Parker had made his two free throws in O.T., Spurs would have been down by just 3. Then a stop, time out, set up a play, sink a three and the game goes to second O.T. Blaming Barry is just turning the skunk loose on the coffee table. No way.
What about Duncan's 3 turnovers, and Parker's 5 turnovers? Why isn't someone mentioning this? Horry played 9 minutes and didn't get one stinkin' rebound. And Duncan grabbed a pathetic 2 offensive rebounds for his 46 minutes on the floor. Doesn't this contribute to the loss as well?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 04:37 AM
NO MORE BLAME GAMES.... One goes down, the whole team goes down.....come on! Too many opportunities blown for us to blame one play.

nobodi_home
05-16-2006, 04:45 AM
That's right. Way too many mistakes to blame one player. Too many turnovers, missed free throws, too few offensive rebounds

whottt
05-16-2006, 04:49 AM
I didn't think anything would top that Horry pass to Ginobli in the last game. I really didn't think one of veterans could make a more errant pass again.

Barry proved me wrong tonight. I just don't understand what he was thinking. Finley was open near the corner but Barry threw it wide and if he would have caught it he would have been flying out of bounds and lucky at that.

You can point to many things throughout the game but no denying the fact that we had the lead both times when our guys threw passes that changed the momentum. We should have had both games but those turnovers cost us.

He did it because he was running out of time and Finley was the only guy that got open...Last night he called a TO on the play before the Horry Manu pass that lost the game...that TO was our last one.

Tonight we had one TO left also.

I am not defending it...because it was a crappy pass, but there was no one else to pass it to and the only other option was to call a TO.

I don't know why they weren't sending Parker all the way up to the top to get the ball...they didn't do it on the Finley inbounds either.

In any case...it was a lousy pass and it could easily get blame for costing us the game, the series, and another NBA championship. Yes there are plenty of other things to blame...but that play doesn't get excused...it killed us. Barry picked a shitty time for his first choke as a Spur....

J.T.
05-16-2006, 05:13 AM
Parker was getting open on that inbounds. Barry fucked up.

fallenmongol
05-16-2006, 06:22 AM
Charles Barkley is right. Brent Barry cant play in this series. Yes he is a good 3 point shooter but thats that. He cant steal,rebound,defend,assist,penetrate,block or jump shoot.

CubanMustGo
05-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Charles Barkley is right. Brent Barry cant play in this series. Yes he is a good 3 point shooter but thats that. He cant steal,rebound,defend,assist,penetrate,block or jump shoot.

Seven rebounds and three assists say you're wrong. The only Spur with more of either was Duncan (13 and six).

Phenomanul
05-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Seven rebounds and three assists say you're wrong. The only Spur with more of either was Duncan (13 and six).

Yeah I thought he was rebounding well...

Barry was fouled by Terry on that steal at the end...