PDA

View Full Version : The Official Venting Thread

Pages : [1] 2

timvp
05-16-2006, 01:46 AM
I can't play nice anymore.

How the FVCK do you call a got damn hand check to decide a FVCKING critical game? How?!?! There is no way you can. I'm sorry and yeah I know it's lame to blame refs but F it you can't blow that whistle.

You don't call that in a regular season game much less now. W T F??????

That's not even mentioning the two ghost offensive fouls on Duncan or the "BLOCKING FOUL" on Duncan that should have given the Spurs the ball up by five.

I hate the got damn Mavericks. I just hate them. They aren't even that good. The Spurs are the superior team. I can admit when the Spurs are done in by a better team but this is a damn scrub team. They are trying hard and they are on fire but come on now.

You don't call that hand check. I don't even think it was a foul according to the rule book. You never make that call.

This is the worst series I've ever seen as a Spurs fan. '95 vs the Rockets was disgusting but the Spurs just weren't ready yet. 2001 when they got killed was hard to swallow but the Lakers were on fire. 2004 was a killer of a series but the Lakers had Kobe, Shaq, Malone, Payton and good role players. They were the favorites going into it.

The Mavs? They have Dirk who is pretty good but Duncan is better. He has a decent supporting cast but Manu and Tony are better than any of them. This is the second game in a row where they get bailed out with free throws while the Spurs have to hit shot after shot to stay in the game.

How the hell do you call that hand check?

:pctoss

:pctoss

F@#$@# @#$ @#O$@#)(@# @#$(@#@ !@@# #@(%#@ @ #

timvp
05-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Okay now I feel a little better.

Get Game 5.

:smokin

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 01:49 AM
I WILL SERIOUSLY FUCKING ANGRY until game 5.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 01:49 AM
Your post is the reason why I can't see the mavs winning this series. Spurs will take game 5 and mavs will fold in game 6.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 01:51 AM
What kills me, just kills me, is that he had his back to the fucking basket. If that's a PF on a player in the post, then what Dampier's been doing to Duncan is a fucking flagrant 3.

MannyIsGod
05-16-2006, 01:52 AM
Mmm, ice cream. I think I'm in shock.

rayray2k8
:lol
I think your safe D.

Yeah its a tough loss LJ.
Im trying not to be a homer in this series but its like charles was saying.
"the refs suck" period...
But of course your gonna have mav fans calling us whinners about the refs.
Being delusional as usual, and actually thinking they can beat detriot..
Yeah good luck there :rolleyes :lol
That was the team I thought we were gonna lose to.
Oh well. :fro

baseline bum
This fucking series is over and it was stolen from Duncan. Fuck you Stern. Fuck you Bavetta. Most of all, fuck you Cuban.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Okay now I feel a little better.

Get Game 5.

I'm with you. I fought off the disappointment on the way home and am ready to keep fighting now. :makemyday :monkey :nutkick: :frying:

Hey if Phoenix can fight back to victory from down 3-1... surely my Spurs can!

:flag: Go Boys Go! :flag:

timvp
05-16-2006, 01:54 AM
I seriously can't believe what has come of this season. This is a damn good Spurs team.

Let the teams freaking play. Dirk hasn't hit a shot in the last two fourth quarters or in overtime and he decides both games at the line.

B F'ing S.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 01:54 AM
This fucking series is over and it was stolen from Duncan. Fuck you Stern. Fuck you Bavetta. Most of all, fuck you Cuban.it's not over dude. Ask yourself if the spurs win game 5. if they do, then you know they can beat the mavs in dallas.

Mavs can't close the spurs out. Jump shooting teams have a hard time closing people out.

SA210
05-16-2006, 01:55 AM
It's going to be tough. If the refs helped the Mavs with us playing near perfect, it's gonna be godamn tough.

It IS VERY OBVIOUS that we are the better team.
Mavs need the zebras to help them out.

Refs suck!!
--------------------------------------------------------

"The NBA officials, they suck." - Charles on a Spurs loss to the Mavs.

timvp
05-16-2006, 01:56 AM
Dirk hits no FGs in two fourth quarters at home yet he gets bailed out in both games to decide it at the line. Are you kidding me?

Bowen doesn't complain either but him telling David Stern that it's messed up is a good sign that yeah something is messed up. A big tall freaking Eurosoft biatch who hasn't hit a field goal in any fourth quarter gets FTs in back to back games to down the Spurs.

Unbelievable.

J.T.
05-16-2006, 01:57 AM
No more fucking small ball. This is not what won 63 games. Pop, you are a fucking idiot. Play another big. Duncan is not going to defend the post by himself. You need shotblocking to counter this shit, not speed. Quit adjusting to Avery. It's pathetic. You're playing right into his fucking hand. Someone needs to knock some sense into Popovich. Pathatic. Totally pathetic.

If we lose this series, it's on Pop just as much as it's on New York.

timvp
A freaking hand check?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!

Kori Ellis
Yeah Bowen telling Stern to his face is pretty huge.
Bowen takes the high road on everything.

SA210
05-16-2006, 01:58 AM
it's not over dude. Ask yourself if the spurs win game 5. if they do, then you know they can beat the mavs in dallas.

Mavs can't close the spurs out. Jump shooting teams have a hard time closing people out.
I hear you, but looking at the refs the last 3 games, we gotta play 100000000% frickin' perfect to even squeeze 1 win.

Screw the refs!!

2centsworth
Dirk hits no FGs in two fourth quarters at home yet he gets bailed out in both games to decide it at the line. Are you kidding me?

Bowen doesn't complain either but him telling David Stern that it's messed up is a good sign that yeah something is messed up. A big tall freaking Eurosoft biatch who hasn't hit a field goal in any fourth quarter gets FTs in back to back games to down the Spurs.

Unbelievable.
that's all that is keeping them going. It balances out and when it does it clearly is a spurs series.

Never been as confident as I am now about the spurs walking this team down.

timvp

I try to take the high road but F this crap.

I've never seen such BS.

velik_m
this loss is on Rasho - had he played better the spurs would win

baseline bum
05-16-2006, 01:59 AM
it's not over dude. Ask yourself if the spurs win game 5. if they do, then you know they can beat the mavs in dallas.

We're a jump-shooting team too. Good riddance to that bitch Mohammed. If he even shows up this season this team is as good as Detroit.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Nah, it's over. I don't say that because I want to give up, it's just got that feel about it, like game 6 after the Fisher shot - you just knew there was no way to come back from that. Same here. We outplyed them two games in a row and lost because of bad officiating to go down 3-1... there's no coming back from that.

I guess I'm going with the disappointment now so I get over it sooner. :(

At the same time, FUCK THE MAVS. Detroit will destroy them, and I'll be glad to watch it happen.

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 02:00 AM
It is fucked up that Dirk gets the foul call with less than 10 secs in a game with little to no contact in back 2 back games :rolleyes

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 02:00 AM
We're a jump-shooting team too. Good riddance to that bitch Mohammed. If he even shows up this season this team is as good as Detroit.
not really, tony and manu are starting to get it going. but i'll give you our supporting cast are jumpshooters.

rayray2k8
05-16-2006, 02:01 AM
this loss is on Rasho - had he played better the spurs would win
What the hell are you talking about??
he played under a second!!!
OH nevermind I get it. :lol

Spurologist
This fucking series is over and it was stolen from Duncan. Fuck you Stern. Fuck you Bavetta. Most of all, fuck you Cuban.

Check yourself in the Official Quitters thread

SPARKY
Props.

Of course the refs have to help out that giant vagina of a 7 footer when he's guarded by someone a half foot shorter than him. If he tries a shot and Bowen gets him, sure, put him on the line. But that was ridiculous as it went down.

For the series Nowitzki has seen the line 46 times. 46 fucking times as a jumpshooter playing 20 feet from the rim. A few years back someone would foul his ass a bit hard just to show the refs what a real foul looked like.

Beyond that, the refs have gift wrapped this series. The Mavs never endured a stretch of bogus calls in Game 3 and 4 like the Spurs did in Game 2. Take TD off the floor and the Spurs aren't in it. No surprise.

Anyways, we shouldn't be surprised. At some point all of Cuban's millions spent whining about the officiating to the league office have finally started to pay off. Think refs aren't intimidated when the little lisping jock sniffer is ready to send a tape off of any ref's lowlights?

timvp
05-16-2006, 02:02 AM
The Spurs get one break ... the time that Tony's three hit air but they gave the ball back to the Spurs. But what happens? The most BLATANT F'ING MAKEUP CALL EVER.

Got damn at least don't be obvious about it. And don't put the makup call on Duncan.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 02:04 AM
The blocking call on Tim against Dirk was the one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Horry For 3!
Did Cuban pay off the refs or the NBA?

Spurologist

He was the one that huddled the team early in the game to prevent the teams from getting rattled by the officiating. A man can only take soo much.

PLAYERS DECIDE GAMES. The foul on Bowen late in regulation was so bad that I thought it was an instant offensive foul on Dirk because he was elbowing all game long to get space.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:05 AM
With 6 minutes to go in the 4th and TD with 2 fouls I wondered if the refs could tag him with 4 more by the 2 minute mark. They did their best, no doubt.

Spurologist
Did Cuban pay off the refs or the NBA?

Both. He covered both bases.

austinfan
For the series Nowitzki has seen the line 46 times. 46 fucking times as a jumpshooter playing 20 feet from the rim.

When you put it that way, it's so outrageous that it would almost be hilarious if it wasn't the Spurs involved.

timvp
Props.

Of course the refs have to help out that giant vagina of a 7 footer when he's guarded by someone a half foot shorter than him. If he tries a shot and Bowen gets him, sure, put him on the line. But that was ridiculous as it went down.

For the series Nowitzki has seen the line 46 times. 46 fucking times as a jumpshooter playing 20 feet from the rim. A few years back someone would foul his ass a bit hard just to show the refs what a real foul looked like.

Beyond that, the refs have gift wrapped this series. The Mavs never endured a stretch of bogus calls in Game 3 and 4 like the Spurs did in Game 2. Take TD off the floor and the Spurs aren't in it. No surprise.

Anyways, we shouldn't be surprised. At some point all of Cuban's millions spent whining about the officiating to the league office have finally started to pay off. Think refs aren't intimidated when the little lisping jock sniffer is ready to send a tape off of any ref's lowlights?

Phil Jackson earlier this season said that Cuban has refs scared in Dallas. I thought he was BSing but now I believe it. The NBA isn't fixed but the refs are scared out of their minds in AAA right now. It's not even funny.

It's disgusting. Cuban bitches about the refs for half a decade and now it's paying off in a way he could never have imagined. A fairly reffed series and the Spurs are at worst 2-2. Maybe 3-1.

Shyt maybe 4-0.

Tim foul trouble in Game 2. Tim fouls out in Game 3. Manu who was on freaking fire fouls out in Game 4.

Nice job Cuban.

Phil Jackson was right.

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 02:06 AM
The blocking call on Tim against Dirk was the one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
Also, another call not too later, when Timmy barely pushed Diop to get down to the block and the refs call a foul

baseline bum
05-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Check yourself in the Official Quitters thread

Go fuck yourself. I've been a fan since 85 when our games drew 3000-5000 a night at Hemisfair.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Also, another call not too later, when Timmy barely pushed Diop to get down to the block and the refs call a foul
horrible.

2centsworth
Go fuck yourself. I've been a fan since 85 when our games drew 3000-5000 a night at Hemisfair.
remember paying $5 for tickets.

SA210
It's amazing to just go and watch game 2,3 and 4 all back to back and rewatch all the bullcrap.

:madrun

Gift wrapped for the Mavs, indeed.

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Someone was talking about in the blog Timmy having only 1 foul going into the 4th and he picks up 3 quick fouls which were bullshit....strange.....very strange....

timvp
Phil Jackson: Mark Cuban's Referee Mind Games are Working

Dallas owner Mark Cuban made a name for himself complaining about NBA referees, and has never let up. He's sophisticated and consistent in his complaints, and watches over the referee statistics possibly more than anyone else.

The result? According to Phil Jackson, Cuban has referees scared to make calls against the Mavericks:

"I know there's a lot of pressure on the refs when they come here because Mark [Cuban] has them review the tapes and send them into the league. These guys are nervous Nellies when they come in to referee in this building. But they have to do a better job than they're doing. That's not acceptable."

So true.

So got damn true.

Spurologist

Fuck. You said the spurs are done. That means you have quit. If you were joking or whatever say so. I am basing it on your very words. FUCK OFF

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Phil Jackson earlier this season said that Cuban has refs scared in Dallas. I thought he was BSing but now I believe it. The NBA isn't fixed but the refs are scared out of their minds in AAA right now. It's not even funny.

It's disgusting. Cuban bitches about the refs for half a decade and now it's paying off in a way he could never have imagined. A fairly reffed series and the Spurs are at worst 2-2. Maybe 3-1.

Shyt maybe 4-0.

Tim foul trouble in Game 2. Tim fouls out in Game 3. Manu who was on freaking fire fouls out in Game 4.

Nice job Cuban.

Phil Jackson was right.
Ha, I was just looking for those quotes. Found them, if anyone's interested:

In Dallas, the Lakers deliberately took back-to-back delay of game penalties and got a technical foul in the fourth quarter. After the game, Jackson implied that NBA referees are intimidated by Cuban.

"I know there's a lot of pressure on the refs when they come here, because Mark has them review the tapes and send them into the league," Jackson said. "And these guys are nervous Nellies when they come in to referee in this building. But they have to do a better job than they're doing. That's not acceptable."

On Wednesday, Jackson again accused Cuban of trying to sway officials.

"I think we all know what's happened around the league since Mark has picked up that franchise," Jackson said. "He's done a great job of bringing attendance to the club, he's hired former NBA referees to monitor the game tapes. He sends out a weekly report on referees.

"There are some things that Mark has done to turn it a little bit in his favor. And that's good. He's trying to do everything he can to sally up points."
edit: Damn, I'm way too slow :lol

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:12 AM
How does TD get no respect versus DeSagana Diop? Seriously, Diop put both hands on TD, TD brushed them off and then TD gets the offensive foul. Fucking hilarious.

timvp
05-16-2006, 02:14 AM
Congrats Cuban. You finally did it.

You did it man. Nice job.

jamezyjamez
05-16-2006, 02:15 AM
How does TD get no respect versus DeSagana Diop? Seriously, Diop put both hands on TD, TD brushed them off and then TD gets the offensive foul. Fucking hilarious.

I know a true Spurs fan wouldn't want TD to get star treatment. Leave that junk for LBJ in the Leastern Conference. Did you see that sweet swat Diop had on Timmy tonight? Damn.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Congrats Cuban. You finally did it.

You did it man. Nice job.

I have one word of comfort for you: Karma.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:17 AM
The funniest thing is that Cuban likes to portray himself as the guy who's exposing ways people are ripped off. People are ripped off when a NBA playoff game turns into a free throw shooting contest for a pussy of a 7 footer who has no post game whatsoever. People are ripped off when you take the greatest bigman of his generation and shackle him with bullshit foul calls.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 02:18 AM
I know a true Spurs fan wouldn't want TD to get star treatment. Leave that junk for LBJ in the Leastern Conference. Did you see that sweet swat Diop had on Timmy tonight? Damn.
Star treatment? How about just calling it everytime Dampier fouls him?

SA210
Finley, Bowen, Timmy and Pop all hinted that the refs had a hand in it tonight.

Pop said it frustrating that there are things you can't control.

Finley said we were up but the score gets so high if they just keep getting to the free throw line.

Bruce said something to that effect as well.

Timmy said something about calls this way and that way.

Charles actually said it straight out.

SPARKY

Yeah, a true Spurs fan would want the 7 foot Kraut vagina to get the star treatment instead. Be gone, frontrunner.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 02:19 AM
The calls are so badly in favor of the mavs down the stretch that even the Mavs fans know it. they were so quiet and shocked at what was going donw.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:20 AM
Lakers fans HATE us with a passion and they are saying at Lakersground that we got robbed bigtime.

timvp
05-16-2006, 02:21 AM
I also like how the NBA decided that today would be a good day to start to call traveling.

On the Spurs of course.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Lakers fans HATE us with a passion and they are saying at Lakersground that we got robbed bigtime.

:wow

2centsworth
Dude anyone who can see knows that to be the truth. Nevertheless, spurs will still win this series.

~Sweetmelody~
I don't think I have any enery left - to bitch. I did an hour ago, but wasn't able to access the board :madrun

But the call on Bowen......still makes me sick. I want to rewind my tape and watch the 4th quarter since hubby said Manu was hot, but at the same time I don't think I can stomach the last few minutes-again. :depressed

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:24 AM
I also like how the NBA decided that today would be a good day to start to call traveling.

On the Spurs of course.

Stern was in the house to watch Knick Bavetta deliver.

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 02:25 AM

On the Spurs of course.
Yeah, I was talking about that in the blog during the game. The NBA refs NEVER call traveling, yet they call 5 traveling calls on the Spurs in the 1st half. Probably nearly 10 travels over the game and I don't even think they called a single 1 on the Mavs.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:25 AM
Dude anyone who can see knows that to be the truth. Nevertheless, spurs will still win this series.
I know, but I was just mentioning it in case any morons just tried to call us homers and whiners.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Stern was in the house to watch Knick Bavetta deliver.
Stern had a whistle in his mouth.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Yeah, I was talking about that in the blog during the game. The NBA refs NEVER call traveling, yet they call 5 traveling calls on the Spurs in the 1st half. Probably nearly 10 travels over the game and I don't even think they called a single 1 on the Mavs.
They tried to get Tony out of rhythm.

jamezyjamez
05-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Yeah, a true Spurs fan would want the 7 foot Kraut vagina to get the star treatment instead. Be gone, frontrunner.
That's not very nice! It was a good game and there were bad calls both ways. Both teams' big 3 stepped up and virtually cancelled each other out. The difference was HARRIS...for the third game in a row. Or maybe you didn't see him because he was going too fast for the TNT cameras?

Not a frontrunner, bro - just enjoying a good series and engaging in some fun discussion with fans of a team I respect. Good luck, Wednesday!

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Hey bitch, this is the venting thread. Maybe Mavs fans don't know how to read, which wouldn't be surprising considering that half of them are slack-jawed transplanted Okies. In any event, this isn't your house and if you don't like something, scroll, or better yet, go to mavsarethebestest.com and talk about how much you'd like Mark Cuban to sodomize you.

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 02:31 AM
I actually remember the fans making a 3 sec call early in the game. As soon as the crowd started chanting '3' the ref instantly made the call. Nice.

timvp
05-16-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm still stunned at this. I've seen the Jazz get home cooking back in the day with Stockton and Malone flopping all over the court.

But this takes it up like 20 levels. I've never seen such poorly officiated games in my life. At least be bad both ways. Don't let Skirt Nopostup win games at the freaking line.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Let's start a damn petition.

Refs Suck!!!

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:35 AM
This can cost us a Championship. No way no how can anyone really ever forget or forgive this.

:madrun EVER!!!

timvp
Zero field goals in the last 27 minutes of fourth quarters and overtimes. Zero.

And Skirt Nonutsack is a free throw hero by getting hand checked and stepping on someone's foot.

You have to be kidding me.

angel_luv
I bet the Spurs find a way to beat Dallas and their sixth men. :D

Who is with me?

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:36 AM
I'm still stunned at this. I've seen the Jazz get home cooking back in the day with Stockton and Malone flopping all over the court.

But this takes it up like 20 levels. I've never seen such poorly officiated games in my life. At least be bad both ways. Don't let Skirt Nopostup win games at the freaking line.

Don't forget...Cuban hires former refs to analyze current refs. That's a pretty nice exit strategery for today's NBA official. It's not like NBA refdom is a bastion of ethical behavior.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:36 AM
I wish I could go to the game. :madrun

timvp
05-16-2006, 02:37 AM
Don't forget...Cuban hires former refs to analyze current refs. That's a pretty nice exit strategery for today's NBA official. It's not like NBA refdom is a bastion of ethical behavior.

Yeah let's not forget that half of them are lucky not to be in jail after their little tax evasion airplane ticket scheme a few years back.

MissAllThat
05-16-2006, 02:37 AM
I hope the Spurs are angry enough to win the series, because this is complete bullshit.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 02:38 AM
Pop and/or Peter Holt need to complain publically. It works.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:38 AM
Where's Mouse to brag?

Maybe he's trying to figure out how to talk smack when it was obviously an early X-Mas gift to the Mavs by the refs.

jamezyjamez
05-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Hey bitch, this is the venting thread. Maybe Mavs fans don't know how to read, which wouldn't be surprising considering that half of them are slack-jawed transplanted Okies. In any event, this isn't your house and if you don't like something, scroll, or better yet, go to mavsarethebestest.com and talk about how much you'd like Mark Cuban to sodomize you.

My bad - this is a venting thread. Go ahead and vent. I would do the same if my team lost 2 close ones in a row. Good game, anyhow.

timvp
Cuban hires former refs to grade current refs? WTF? And the Spurs are jobbed worse than any team I've ever seen get jobbed?

Cuban did it. He bought the damn refs. How else do you explain Dirk winning two games at the line in back to back games without hitting a FG in the fourth in either game.

It's not like he's attacking the rim hard. He flails to draw some fouls. He didn't even do anything when Bowen hand checked him.

K M F A.

SPARKY
Yeah let's not forget that half of them are lucky not to be in jail after their little tax evasion airplane ticket scheme a few years back.

Absolutely.

I've never seen a player get as much of a benefit of the whistle since MJ.

efrem1
Hey Mavs fan, so many idiots out there are falling for the "Bush lied, people died nonsense," but you think there is nobody in the NBA front office that took note of that rant Cuban made and made "adjustments." Go figure

Borosai
05-16-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm glad someone is posting this without receiving the "don't be a whiner" and "the refs didn't lose the game" crap (from Spurs and Mavs fans). Two fucking playoff games in a row that have been decided by the refs. Phantom fouls being called which have cost the Spurs the lead in the end. Sure, the Spurs could have made the last shot, but the game should have been over.

I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing...the same exact thing as game 3...refs bailing out the Mavs down the stretch. Really fucking sad that this can go on and barely anyone even mentions it anywhere.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 02:41 AM
Absolutely.

I've never seen a player get as much of a benefit of the whistle since MJ.
Fuck that, Jordan won his games from the field.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm glad someone is posting this without receiving the "don't be a whiner" and "the refs didn't lose the game" crap (from Spurs and Mavs fans). Two fucking playoff games in a row that have been decided by the refs. Phantom fouls being called which have cost the Spurs the lead in the end. Sure, the Spurs could have made the last shot, but the game should have been over.

I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing...the same exact thing as game 3...refs bailing out the Mavs down the stretch. Really fucking sad that this can go on and barely anyone even mentions it anywhere.
I've never complained about the refs and in game two I was on the don't blame the refs side. However, the past two games have been blatantly one sided. Spurs have been robbed.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 02:45 AM
No joke.

Here is a novel idea for game five: Let the teams play!

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Fuck that, Jordan won his games from the field.

True. MJ also earned those calls, especially going by what counts for contact today versus back then.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:48 AM
Fuck it. Now you have a pissed off Spurs team with nothing to worry about. Maybe even the refs can't stop a Spurs team hellbent on payback.

I'd like someone to speak up and call the shitty officiating as it is. Shit, maybe Melvin Sanders since Stern is liable to suspend any regular member of the rotation.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-16-2006, 02:49 AM
My opinion is, if Nowitzki is gonna be shooting 25+ FT's a game, he better be leaving on a stretcher.

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 02:49 AM
VANX shouldn't even get anywhere near the court in game 5. that is all. ZERO fucking effectiveness out there. He's out there giving advice to Sam Cassell to be agressive while he himself can barely stay on the floor without fucking up on a play. He's just too slow for this series. No playing time. PERIOD

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 02:50 AM
Fuck it. Now you have a pissed off Spurs team with nothing to worry about. Maybe even the refs can't stop a Spurs team hellbent on payback.

I'd like someone to speak up and call the shitty officiating as it is. Shit, maybe Melvin Sanders since Stern is liable to suspend any regular member of the rotation.

I haven't heard their comments yet, but according to Spurs radio Bruce and Finely didn't hold much back.

Slinkyman
05-16-2006, 02:50 AM
My opinion is, if Nowitzki is gonna be shooting 25+ FT's a game, he better be leaving on a stretcher.

Time to go juwan howard on these bitches

Borosai
05-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Oh, and I want to see some motherfucking elbows being thrown next game...nothing above the shoulders of course...but I hope these guys come out angry, and stay angry for 48 mins. I hope they box out with elbows, penetrate with elbows and knees...maybe Bowen can pull out his kung-fu magic on Dirk...shit, if they are going to send him to the line, make it worth it.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:53 AM
I haven't heard their comments yet, but according to Spurs radio Bruce and Finely didn't hold much back.

Both suspended for Game 5, no doubt.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 02:55 AM
Seriously, for someone who makes it to the line 46 times in 3 games you'd expect him to have something other than an ankle he rolled when he ran over a defender. What a fucking crock.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 02:56 AM
I Hate The Mavs, Dirk, And Mark Cuban!! I Don't Want Them To Win. I Hope They Fucking Die And Get Herpes. Gonnerhea. Chlamydia. From Those Rotten Refs In 5 Different ORAFICES!!!

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Oh, and I want to see some motherfucking elbows being thrown next game...nothing above the shoulders of course...but I hope these guys come out angry, and stay angry for 48 mins. I hope they box out with elbows, penetrate with elbows and knees...maybe Bowen can pull out his kung-fu magic on Dirk...shit, if they are going to send him to the line, make it worth it.
What's sad about that is they will probably foul out someone very important to us quickly to take our hearts.

Manu could come out with a vengeance, or Bruce could come out with the greatest defense, Tony could come out slashing and scoring, and the refs put em in foul trouble on an elimination game.

Sad but the way things have gone, very possible. They want to stick a fork in us.

I say screw it, go all out. Draw blood. :madrun

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-16-2006, 02:57 AM
Time to go juwan howard on these bitches

I'm not calling for intentionally injuring a player, I'm talking about showing the refs what a "real" foul looks like.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:57 AM
Yea, on NBATV they gave clear hints.

I say, come out and just say it.

polandprzem
05-16-2006, 02:58 AM
Agreed.

timvp
05-16-2006, 02:58 AM
Got damn this is some BS. The Spurs got jobbed.

I can live with one game. But two games back-to-back where you just get fvcked over hardcore is wrong.

efrem1
05-16-2006, 03:00 AM
go all out. Draw blood. :madrun

Let's go Werewolves of London on these pansies!!!!

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:00 AM
This is a whole frickin' season on the line over some bull****!!!!

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 03:01 AM
It would be rather enjoyable if the Spurs managed to punk the Mavs and the Refs in Games 5 & 6. That would make that mini-championship celebration at the end of tonight's game go down in infamy. Seriously. Stackhouse and Terry seemed to think they had won something.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-16-2006, 03:01 AM
If the refs allow Manu & Tim to finish the next 3 games, Spurs in 7

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 03:02 AM
The Mavs deserve the chance to beat us on their own.

Ridiculously intrusive and unnecessary calls, especially those made in crunch time, are disrepectful to both teams.

2centsworth
It would be rather enjoyable if the Spurs manage to punk the Mavs and the Refs in Games 5 & 6. That would make that mini-championship celebration at the end of tonight's game go down in infamy.
spurs take game 5 it's an absolute certainty it comes back for game 7. game 5 is the mavs best chance to close. they do that and then they will earn my respect.

polandprzem
Go to a different thread.

Yup - I will make my own. Thanks for advice

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Yup - I will make my own. Thanks for advice

It probably won't last long, but feel free :tu

SA210
If the refs allow Manu & Tim to finish the next 3 games, Spurs in 7
This freaking bull**** is just regotdamndickless!!!

Because game 3 and 4 were stolen and TD has played awesome in all of them, we gotta hope our players don't have an off game while combating the damn refs and Mavs at the same time.

Horry For 3!
poland is a damn quitter and not a real Spurs fan.

2centsworth
05-16-2006, 03:04 AM
poland is a damn quitter and not a real Spurs fan.
who are you talking about?

timvp
05-16-2006, 03:04 AM
Last two games:

Duncan 46 field goal attempts and 16 free throws.
Nowitzki 21 field goal attempts and 39 free throws.

Are you kidding me?

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Got damn this is some BS. The Spurs got jobbed.

I can live with one game. But two games back-to-back where you just get fvcked over hardcore is wrong.

I'd have to include Game 2. TD doesn't go off the floor mid-2nd quarter and that game doesn't get out of hand. Something stinks. Big time. I've never seen as one-sided calls as I've seen in the last 3 games and that includes the Lakers' 3peat.

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 03:06 AM
who are you talking about?
polandprzem

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
Last two games:

Are you kidding me?

Well thats obviously because Nowitzki plays mainly downlow, while plays mainly on the perimeter

polandprzem
It probably won't last long, but feel free :tu

Hey Kori I believe it will last long enough :)

No worries. I'm not a spammaker.

Horry for 3! - I'm a quitter? Thanks. Open your eyes. Hold your emotions and stuff

baseline bum
05-16-2006, 03:07 AM
3 stolen games in a row is completely unforgivable. After this season I'm done with following the NBA.

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:07 AM
I'd have to include Game 2. TD doesn't go off the floor mid-2nd quarter and that game doesn't get out of hand. Something stinks. Big time. I've never seen as one-sided calls as I've seen in the last 3 games and that includes the Lakers' 3peat.
You are right about game 2.

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:08 AM
Game 5 @ AT&T

"REFEREES SUCK!!"

"REFEREES SUCK!!"

"REFEREES SUCK!!"

"REFEREES SUCK!!"

jamezyjamez
05-16-2006, 03:09 AM
I will call Cuban and see if he can lend you one of the refs. Maybe the ref can guard D. Harris since nobody on the Spurs seems to be able to.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Last two games:

Are you kidding me?

Indeed. I've seen plenty of contact on TD that could've been whistled, if he got the same benefit of the whistle as Dirklutz.

When something this obvious is going down, the truth will get out eventually. If the refs are being intimidated/influenced by an owner, that is of major concern.

Stern likes to act as though the NBA is above it all and so squeaky clean. NBA can't go to Vegas until Vegas closes the NBA book (as if that'll ever happen). Stern needs to get his own house in order.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 03:13 AM
3 stolen games in a row is completely unforgivable. After this season I'm done with following the NBA.

I'm with you.

Slinkyman
05-16-2006, 03:16 AM
I will call Cuban and see if he can lend you one of the refs. Maybe the ref can guard D. Harris since nobody on the Spurs seems to be able to.

why do mavs fans love d. harris so much? Jason Terry is the man on your team, forget harris, hell forget dirk terry is the one hitting big shots and leading your team.

timvp
05-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Already privately seething about the officiating in Saturday's one-point loss, the Spurs probably didn't see much to celebrate Monday. Most notably a delay-of-game technical with 3:43 left in the fourth call. And a foul on Bruce Bowen that allowed Nowitzki to tie the game with a pair of free throws with 8.5 seconds left in regulation.

Official Dick Bavetta made both calls. As Spurs coach Gregg Popovich started to leave the court, he paused for a moment, stared at Bavetta, then waved him off.

“The bottom line is that some things you can't control, and that's frustrating,” Popovich said.

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:23 AM
Already privately seething about the officiating in Saturday's one-point loss, the Spurs probably didn't see much to celebrate Monday. Most notably a delay-of-game technical with 3:43 left in the fourth call. And a foul on Bruce Bowen that allowed Nowitzki to tie the game with a pair of free throws with 8.5 seconds left in regulation.

Official Dick Bavetta made both calls. As Spurs coach Gregg Popovich started to leave the court, he paused for a moment, stared at Bavetta, then waved him off.

“The bottom line is that some things you can't control, and that's frustrating,” Popovich said.

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Slo spurs fan
05-16-2006, 03:26 AM
I have never saw shittiest refs in my whole life. Even FIBA refs don´t suck this much.
If I was Spur player, I would punch that dick in the face.

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 03:27 AM

Pop is not the man to say shit about the officials but his reaction after every ball call showed he was steaming. Notice he generalized his view of the atrocious officiating. He never brings up the officials.

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Someone needs to get fined. You know what I mean.

GO OFF ON THE FUCKING REFS HARDCORE.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 03:30 AM
I hope DIRK NOWITZKI, MARK CUBAN, and the REFS get ANALLY GANG-RAPED on 3 separate occasions tomorrow night in the city, by the same FIVE HOBOS!!

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:30 AM
Someone needs to get fined. You know what I mean.

GO OFF ON THE FUCKING REFS HARDCORE.
Agreed.

Man, if only I were on that team, I swear I'd go all out worse than Charles.

whottt
05-16-2006, 04:22 AM
My rants....

Brent Barry sucked ass tonight. This bitch needs to pull his head out. Granted...he didn't have a lot of options on that inbound...but he needs to stop firing rockets in crunch time and be more careful with the fucking ball. Not everyone things and reacts as quick as he does. Not only did that inbounds suck but he fired a rocket at Parker who was camped on the 3 line, with 3 fucking seconds left...that was stupid.

Michael Finley didn't. I apologize Mike. But sorry if I still think you are a Rich Man's Shareef Abdur Raheem...Title Kryptonite...

Pop is fucking up with the small ball shit at all times.We are getting killed on the glass in crucial moments.

Duncan needs to stop worrying about the officiating...his little jaunt to the end of the court when he was upset over a call...was game....

Dick Bavetta...Actually this was one of the better reffed Bavetta games I have seen...

Bottom line...yes the Refs effed us again...

Bottom line 2...the opportunity to win the game was still in our hands and we squandered it.

Bottom line 3...Yes the Spurs are capable of coming back and winning this series...Whether they will do it or not remains to be seen.

whottt
05-16-2006, 04:29 AM
Bottom line 4...Nick Van Exel....

This piece of crap made me wish we had...I can't believe I am fucking saying this...Avery Johnson on our bench to play the point. I will never forgive Van Exel for making me think that...

I have never missed on a player like I did on Van Exel, I am embarrased I thought this guy was going to contribute...this guy is complete shit...and it's not just because he's old. He's playing like a complete dumfuck.

whottt
05-16-2006, 04:31 AM
Bottom line 5....Please Spurs...don't lose to the Mavs, it'll make their fans look slightly non-stupid(just barely) and that would be a travesty. And I do not know if I will ever be able to recover from it...

I don't care if you get swept by the Clippers or Suns in the next round and get blown out by 60 points a game...but please don't lose to the fucking Mavs. I beg of you. I don't care if we ever win another title again as long as
I live...please don't lose to the fucking Mavs. *sob*whimper*whine*.

This sucks.

Melmart1
05-16-2006, 04:32 AM
I do believe I just witnessed history...

ponky
05-16-2006, 04:36 AM
Bottom line 5....Please Spurs...don't lose to the Mavs, it'll make their fans look slightly non-stupid(just barely) and that would be a travesty. And I do not know if I will ever be able to recover from it...

I don't care if you get swept by the Clippers or Suns in the next round and get blown out by 60 points a game...but please don't lose to the fucking Mavs. I beg of you. I don't care if we ever win another title again as long as
I live...please don't lose to the fucking Mavs. *sob*whimper*whine*.

This sucks.

And with a huge smile on my face from having read this post, I go to sleep.

rwb
05-16-2006, 05:10 AM
If anything, I think the next game, being in SA, will discourage the kinds of bad calls made in both Dallas games and we can have a more fairly balanced game. Surely the refs want to avoid a hanging posse. :hang But I can't say I'm in favor of the rude chanting by the fans. It doesn't get anyone's sympathies and in fact only makes people have even less respect for our town. So for you Spurs fans who will be at the game representing the rest of us on national TV, please behave like you have some sense. Because if the crowd concentrates on the calls, so will the Spurs and I don't want their constant state of frustration over it cost us the trophy. Help the team by building them up, not tearing other people down. Help them shake it off and keep their heads on the goal! :flag:

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 05:32 AM
One last thing before I go to bed, I'm fucking tired of watching Dampier grab, hold and push Duncan. He even does it when the Mavs have the ball, to prevent Duncan from swatting Dirk's weak shots into the fucking fourth row. Yet Duncan's the one who gets called for offensive fouls.

What the fuck happened to the league, the best player on the planet can't even get a fair game called against some piece of shit scrub. He's still dominating him too, every game he's playing against the officials and he still manages to look like the best player in the series. Oh well, no matter how good you are the only way you can get calls is if you've got an owner who's willing to spend huge amounts of money to intimidate the officials. God, I don't even like Nash, but if the Spurs do lose this thing I'd kill to see Steve completely humiliate Cuban all series long again.

whottt
05-16-2006, 05:41 AM
I just reread this thread...TimVP, Sparky...WTF...why are you guys so surprised at the officiating in this game? It was Bavetta...No brainer that it was going to be a crappily officiated game....and the Spurs should know this too.

whottt after game 3:
If the good refs are fucking up I don't even want to think about what's going to happen when get Salvatore and Bavetta..bar none the shittiest refs in the NBA.

Anyway...this wasn't the worst Bavetta game I have ever seen(because there was actually one blown call in our favor, a rarity for a Bavetta game)...but it probably is the costliest...

Anyway...Bavetta aint shit compared to Bennet "I fouled David Robinson out in 12 minutes" Salvatore...

Salvatore is the worst NBA ref...and we still got him coming up. Spurs cannot worry about the officiating anymore...they are guranteed to get one more horribly officiated game...they gotta play above the refs...because the fatal bullet(Salvatore) is aleady in the gun.

refhater
05-16-2006, 05:43 AM
What's tough to swallow is that the Spurs have the best record in the west this year. They are the defending NBA Champions. They have three all-stars on their team. Dallas has one all-star on it's team. So we keep thinking year after year that at some point we're going to get the same calls the Lakers did when we were trying to overtake them. However, that's just not the case. I'm sure any Mav fan will admit that at the worst this series has been officiated evenly. Well that's not what the Spurs faced when we beat the Lakers. So it's really only cheating the Mavs. It's as simple as this, if Dirk drives and gets a call then Tim should get a call on his drive. If Dampier fouls on a shot then Rasho should get the same call. Devin Harris gets a three point play, Tony gets a three point play. I didn't see the Mavs get two delay of game penalties tonight. The other night Tony didn't get a trip call and Dirk did. Two all stars - should be the same call. Just be consistent and don't give free throws to win the game if he doesn't even shoot the ball!

whottt
05-16-2006, 05:44 AM
Spurs have also drawn extremely shitty ratings in their two finals appearances...

While we can debate all day if there is a bonafide conspiracy...

But there is no doubt that Stern doesn't want to see the Spurs in the finals again and will be happy if they don't make it.

fyatuk
05-16-2006, 06:53 AM
Phil Jackson earlier this season said that Cuban has refs scared in Dallas.

Is that like the bad calls that were inevitable in Utah with Malone and Stockton playing. That always pissed me off. But that might have had more to do with Malone and Stockton being the sneakiest people I've ever seen.

fyatuk
05-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Star treatment? How about just calling it everytime Dampier fouls him?

No kidding. Looked like Damp and Diop were both trying to bend TD over and impregnate him through the forth quarter. And honestly, how can you call Manu elbowing Nowitski while fighting for rebound position on a made shot, and not call Dampier completely pushing Bowen out of bounds, or Dampier bending duncan over with a high forearm and riding him out to the free throw line?

Consistency man, consistency!

Manuismysex
05-16-2006, 07:08 AM
We can blame it on this and we can blame it on that...but at the end of the day our team has not performed to the necessary quailty. End of story. I agree that sometimes the refs can make mistakes, but that's just stupid to place them as the scapegoat. Overall, do you think the Mavs are a better team this year? I'm real dissapointed in the Spurs, right now.

fyatuk
05-16-2006, 07:31 AM
We can blame it on this and we can blame it on that...but at the end of the day our team has not performed to the necessary quailty. End of story. I agree that sometimes the refs can make mistakes, but that's just stupid to place them as the scapegoat. Overall, do you think the Mavs are a better team this year? I'm real dissapointed in the Spurs, right now.

True. If Finley doesn't drop that out of bounds play, if Parker hits that layup, if Duncan hits those weird jump shots he almost always does.

The Spurs killed themselves. At worst the refs were an accomplice.

And it's been like that the whole series. Spurs are uncharacteristically not executing down the stretch. That's pissing me off more than anything.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 07:34 AM
I REPEAT...I hope DIRK NOWITZKI, MARK CUBAN, and the REFS get ANALLY GANG-RAPED on 3 separate occasions tonight in the city, by the same FIVE HOBOS!!

alamo50
05-16-2006, 07:50 AM
stop Adjusting Our Game Pop!
Play Spurs Ball Damned!!!

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm simply in shock this morning. I kept going over the game over and over again. And it absolutely amazes me. Tim Duncan goes into the 4th quarter with 2...count it 2 fouls, and then within the 4 minutes, he has 5 all of a sudden? Dirk has made ZERO, count it ZERO clutch shots in the 4th quarter of this series. Hell, the MAVS as a whole have made ZERO clutch shots in this series. The one game, Game 1, where the refs allowed them to play the game, without calling a foul and getting the Mavs to the FT line, what happened? Mavs choked.

What pisses me off is that I honestly don't think the Mavs are a better team than the Spurs. :pctoss

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Oh, and I've officially joined the AHF bandwagon. Pop's insistence on small ball game plan is not helping the cause. He needs to realize that yes, while it may be putting up points on the board, it's allowing hte Mavs to score 100+ points and outrebound the Spurs in crucial seconds of the game.

101A
05-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Spurs +8 in steals.

Turnovers even.

T Park
05-16-2006, 08:10 AM
No more fucking small ball. This is not what won 63 games. Pop, you are a fucking idiot. Play another big. Duncan is not going to defend the post by himself. You need shotblocking to counter this shit, not speed. Quit adjusting to Avery. It's pathetic. You're playing right into his fucking hand. Someone needs to knock some sense into Popovich. Pathatic. Totally pathetic.

If we lose this series, it's on Pop just as much as it's on New York

Yup.

Too bad we don't have a said center to put next to Duncan.

Then your arguement would go from stupid to decent.

SpursWoman
05-16-2006, 08:11 AM
*sigh*

T Park
05-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Pop's insistence on small ball game plan is not helping the cause. He needs to realize that yes, while it may be putting up points on the board, it's allowing hte Mavs to score 100+ points and outrebound the Spurs in crucial seconds of the game.

Once again,

what center do we have that we aren't playing that you guys think is worth a crap?

Are you guys totally like stupified to how bad Nazr Mohammed and Rasho are?!?!

Good lord peeps.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm simply in shock this morning. I kept going over the game over and over again. And it absolutely amazes me. Tim Duncan goes into the 4th quarter with 2...count it 2 fouls, and then within the 4 minutes, he has 5 all of a sudden? Dirk has made ZERO, count it ZERO clutch shots in the 4th quarter of this series. Hell, the MAVS as a whole have made ZERO clutch shots in this series. The one game, Game 1, where the refs allowed them to play the game, without calling a foul and getting the Mavs to the FT line, what happened? Mavs choked.

What pisses me off is that I honestly don't think the Mavs are a better team than the Spurs. :pctoss

I'm sure most Spurs fans feel that way... :smokin

No clutch shots by the Mavs?? WTF?? You must've missed a few games...

spur219
05-16-2006, 08:17 AM
How about the bullshit call when at the end Dirk obviously used his forearm to push Bowen away and somehow the foul was on Bowen. And Dirk ends up tying the game with free throws.

The suppose blocking foul when Duncan was about 2 feet in front of the arc and had position. It was horrible.

And I know I hardly post here but if anyone every pays attention to my posts I never blame the officials for a Spurs loss. But I do blame them for this one.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:19 AM
I hate the got damn Mavericks. I just hate them. They aren't even that good. The Spurs are the superior team. I can admit when the Spurs are done in by a better team but this is a damn scrub team. They are trying hard and they are on fire but come on now.

LMAO...yep, the Mavs just aren't really that good... :smokin :drunk :smokin :drunk :smokin :drunk :smokin :drunk :smokin :drunk

101A
05-16-2006, 08:24 AM
BTW; the known basketball on-line universe agrees the Spurs are getting hosed. LakersGround, Clutch City, etc....

it's obvious to all ('cept Mavericks fans).

Kind of like Phoenix's two in LA - with the, tackle Nash and get turnovers defense. How'd that turn out?

This will go the same.

Spurs in 7.

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm sure most Spurs fans feel that way... :smokin

No clutch shots by the Mavs?? WTF?? You must've missed a few games...

No, I didn't. You hit clutch shots in OT yesterday, but it shouldn't have come to that. Game 2 was a blowout, there was no need for any "clutch shots" Games 3 and 4, end of regulation, Dirk goes to the line BOTH games to shoot FT's that ultimately decide hte outcome of the game.

Look, Mavs are obviously a great team. Im really surprised with the way they've played this series. But, you're honestly telling me as a Mavs fan, that if the calls had been reversed, and it was the Mavs getting these bogus calls at the end, you wouldn't be here bitching about it? I'm not saying that's why the Spurs lost, obviously a lot of it has to do with our defense and our inability to rebound a freakin ball because Pop continues to sit our centers on the bench, but NBA refs should be letting the players just play in crucial game situations, instead of influencing the outcome so much.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:31 AM
No, I didn't. You hit clutch shots in OT yesterday, but it shouldn't have come to that. Game 2 was a blowout, there was no need for any "clutch shots" Games 3 and 4, end of regulation, Dirk goes to the line BOTH games to shoot FT's that ultimately decide hte outcome of the game.

Look, Mavs are obviously a great team. Im really surprised with the way they've played this series. But, you're honestly telling me as a Mavs fan, that if the calls had been reversed, and it was the Mavs getting these bogus calls at the end, you wouldn't be here bitching about it? I'm not saying that's why the Spurs lost, obviously a lot of it has to do with our defense and our inability to rebound a freakin ball because Pop continues to sit our centers on the bench, but NBA refs should be letting the players just play in crucial game situations, instead of influencing the outcome so much.

NEWSFLASH: The Mavs have been getting the short end of the stick on calls FOR YEARS! They're finally at the Spurs / Pistons level in the minds of everyone, so they're get the benefit of the doubt more than they used to. They paid their dues. The bottom line is they've made plenty of "clutch" shots (clutch doesn't have to be a game winner at the buzzer!) in this series...the Spurs have made "clutch" turnovers and Duncan had a good look at a game winner last night...

Das Texan
05-16-2006, 09:09 AM
This is just frustrating as hell.

We should have won this game and by all accounts we lost it on our own accord.

However, we should have never been in the position we were in at the end of the fourth but the refs made sure of it.

Fucking bullshit.

beefellington
05-16-2006, 09:12 AM
This is all clearly part of a league wide conspiracy to push LeBron James. Although his team is not ready to win the East this year, they will be sometime in the near future. Stern does not want the "boring" Spurs coming out of the West to stop them. Therefore, the league uses its referee enforcers to make a far superior Spurs team lose to the Mavericks. This way the Spurs will feel compelled to change a 60+ win team in the offseason and lose some of the magic. Now when referees allow the juggernaut Spurs to face the Cavs, the Spurs will have lost all of their wily veterans in the offseason, thinking that they need to improve.

The commish will be happy, introducing the LBJ era with a bang.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3689/spurswlo25af.gif

Crookshanks
05-16-2006, 09:28 AM
They paid their dues

You said it - Mark Cuban has paid hundreds of thousands of "dues" to insure the Mavs get "respect."

Spurminator
05-16-2006, 09:32 AM
What pisses me off the most about this is that the officiating has overshadowed two absolute classic playoff games. Both of these teams are bringing everything they've got, and it's so great to watch.

The way the Mavs were shooting, if Bowen doesn't get called for the foul then maybe Dirk hits a jumper anyway. But at least then it would have felt more legit.

It's such fucking bullshit. I don't even recognize this game anymore. The Playoffs are supposed to be the time when the Players decide the outcome more than ever. The game has historically slowed down in the Playoffs because it gets more physical, and the refs have been less likely to bail you out.

This year, suddenly, the officiating has discouraged and penalized good physical defense and awarded pussy bullshit.

drew19ht
05-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Jordan is tossing in his sleep at night all those game winners he had to make, now the refs can just give you the game winning freethows wow how the nba has changed

SA Gunslinger
05-16-2006, 10:36 AM
whott, your posts are on the money.

Bavetta actually gave us a chance to win. That was all I was hoping for when I saw it was his crew. TD had a look to win it. FUCK! If he just knocked down that bunny.

I am so pissed.

SA210
05-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Refs > Spurs

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Not sure what this means, but after the game, all 3 refs were laying on the scorers table smoking cigarettes and looking quite satisfied.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
The past 2 games have gone to the Mavs because of fouls, not last second shots or any damn clutch play, just ghost calls and BS fouls

I am optimistic we win the series 4-3

ndnjumpman
05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
this is nothing about this thread but wasnt "timvp" the one who said devin harris doesnt have a shot or does not pass?...i hope you saw number 2 on the NBA Top 10...just wanted to say that...

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I've been inclined to say that officiating shouldn't affect the Spurs. I'm inclined to think that if the Spurs grab defensive rebounds at the ends of Games 3 and 4, they're coming home 3-1 and the Mavs are wondering what in the hell happened to their season. I find myself wondering what would have happened if Duncan had gone baseline at the end of regulation, rather than going middle -- would he have gotten a call against Dampier if he attacks the rim? I can point to many other things about the way the Spurs played at points last night and in Game 3 that harmed their chances.

I'm not going to say that the officials have stolen games from the Spurs.

But I'm getting really, really close.

And I think there's catharsis in venting about certain things.

I'm still really, really bothered by the horrendous block call on Duncan at Spurs +5 in the 4th (which resulted in an equally horrendous delay of game technical, but that's another issue). I don't see how any official could have made that call. Duncan was outside the circle, his feet were set, and he stayed in position. Dirk barrels into him and Jim Clark points to the floor, indicating that Duncan was in the restricted area. He was at least 2 feet outside of it. At best, it's blatant incompetence -- that is a textbook charge in any setting; at worst, it's suggestive of officials seeking to secure a result.

The touch foul for Dirk, some 17 feet from the basket in the last 10 seconds of a close playoff game was equally bad. I don't know at what point Dirk Nowitzki became the most protected player in the NBA; I don't know why it is that NBA officials seem to have decided that Manu flops routinely and have stopped giving him calls, but haven't given Herr Flopitzki the same treatment. If the wind blows, Dirk flops. And when he does, an NBA official is there most of the time to call it. There was a time when officials swallowed their whistles late in 4th Quarters except for egregious contact -- they allowed the players to decide games like games are decided in the schoolyard. Then, along came Mark Cuban.

Among the Dirk flops that aggravates me most is the flop that got Finley T'd up in the 2nd quarter. Let me get this straight -- a player is pushed across the lane by an opponent and flails his arms; he makes glancing contact with another opponent and draws a technical foul for, essentially, having been pushed and (apparently) trying to maintain his balance? Points are points, and giving Dallas that point certainly proved harmful to the Spurs; particularly because Finley did absolutely nothing to deserve the technical foul.

I think what's most reprehensible about all of this is that the officiating might deprive NBA fans of the chance to see two great teams battle for 7 games and decide what is likely to be the best series of these playoffs on their own merits. It's shameful that the defending champions aren't permitted an opportunity to defend their crown without shenanigans by purportedly objective and unbiased officials. If Dirk makes the shot and the Mavericks win, he makes the shot and the Mavericks win. But allow him the chance to make the shot; don't bail him out with a bullshit block, a garbage technical, and a relatively-unprecedented end-game touch foul.

ORION
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm not blaming anyone. We are not the ones out there. Mavs where just knocking down the open shot and their free throws however bowen fouls should have been a no call since the contact was mutual. I would have rather seen tim spin baseline away from the double team but I am not on the team. It was a great game and would of been better without all the fouls called on both sides.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-16-2006, 11:38 AM
To be read if we don't win 3 in a row against the refs.

Our players fought hard against everyone. Constant whinning from Cuban, Johnson, the Mavs players; bad luck, refs and their biased or crappy calls. Everyone was expecting the Spurs to lose, from the media to other teams fans (with the only honourable exception of the Pistons, yeah, one of the few other organizations in the league that know what class means).

We still have our dignity intact. We have the pride. We have the right to call ourselves the champions that weren't beaten on the court. If the NBA feels happy with one-sided and crappy refereeing, if they are happy to get such a repulsive product as the Mavs as their poster boys, fine with them. But then don't call this a sports league, because it was seen on the court who the better team was without the referees intervention. When they started blowing their whistles, it was all in the Mavs way.

Dirk Nowitzki is now an All-Star free throw shooter, a whiner and a flopper. And yet we had to stand watching the Mavs play videos with about Manu flopping or hearing them call Bruce dirty. The same classless fans who booed Michael Finley, who put the Mavs in the map (if it wasn't for him, nowadays they'll be something like the Grizzlies).

Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Bruce Bowen, three excellent defenders by the league standards, suddenly find themselves in foul trouble every game. How can this be explained? Do the Mavs suddenly became some sort of supernatural team? No, they simply got a foul just for staring at them. It's ridiculous, a jump shooting team like the Mavs go to the line the whole fricking time, it just doesn't make any sense at all. I'd like to believe that the refs are useless rather than corrupt, but this series makes you wonder.

The Spurs won't complain about this in front of the microphones. They aren't the Mavs, who complain all the time, in the court and then in front of the media, even when the calls are all going their way. They complain about moving screens when they are the worst team in that aspect. Also, suddenly, the refs start calling travelling, offensive fouls, blocking fouls, delay-of game, 3 second violations, all on the Spurs, what a coincidence. Every time the Spurs made a big play, the Mavs got a trip to the line for being stared at, it is frustrating, it feels you are playing 5 vs. 8.

The only thing I regret is the Spurs quitting on hard defense because of the refs. That pretty much sealed the series. If the NBA wants sissy basketball, they just should let everyone know. "We want Lebron, we want Dirk soft pussy jump shooting style, no contact please". Every team with classless acts in their organization and fans like the Mavs should feel proud right now. They boo every right call made, they demand fouls all the time, and don't accept their own.

As a fan of the NBA since 1995, I feel betrayed. This really hurts the sport, we get to watch how a team with no balls, who have a moronic owner who writes a stupid blog, got his way. Gone are the days where defense was a virtue, where games were decided on the court by the players. You might think I'm being a little harsh here, well, I'm not. I could say what I wish to happen to the refs and the Mavs...

This is the worst piece of bullshit I've had the pleasure to watch since 1994. Also counting games from previous years watched on tape. And I'm talking about basketball at all levels, NBA, Europe, Olympics, World Championships, South American basketball. It's just bullshit, it has been the most biased refereeing I've ever seen.

Crookshanks
05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
:clap Amen Brother - preach it! Please send this post to nba.com - it probably won't do any good, but at least we'll feel better!

Busta Cap
05-16-2006, 11:53 AM
How does TD get no respect versus DeSagana Diop?

You do realize that TD fouled out TWO of our centers, right?

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 12:00 PM
The Spurs won't complain about this in front of the microphones. They aren't the Mavs, who complain all the time, in the court and then in front of the media, even when the calls are all going their way.

Duncan whined after game 3...

rayray2k8
05-16-2006, 12:07 PM
I cant believe that its come to this..
the officals have left their imprint on the game, and it shouldnt be that way.
LET THEM PLAY!!
I agree, if Dirk hits the game winning shot and the mavs win in result of that, then thats that.
Nothing more, Dallas beat us fair and square, but it hasnt been that way now has it?
Im saying that the refs throw us a bone, no the refs have been terrible through the series on both sides of the court.
How do you give the spurs the ball when it clearly didnt hit the rim and call a bullshit moving pick on duncan???
Unreal.
But... Bitching about it wont change the mavs being up 3-1, lets just go into game 5 looking for a win then go up to Dallas and finally get that win.
We know the spurs can take care of home, but the deciding factor will be can they win on the road against dallas?
We'll find out soon..
:flag:
Dont give up
believe spurs fans!!
Our spurs need us.

Busta Cap
05-16-2006, 12:10 PM

Finally, a sensible post. There have been plenty of crap calls and "star" calls to go around for BOTH teams. Mav centers start the game with two fouls, it seems. As a true Spurs fan, how can you honestly blame it all on the officiating? I mean, are the Mavs not younger, more athletic and just as skilled as the Spurs? Do they not rebound well? Do they not attack the basket? Do they not shoot well from the field and the line? Are they not deep or well-coached? Quicker? Faster? Clutch?

Come on man, the Spurs have had an awesome season and have really played well in the series. They're great, experenced, champions. But the Mavs have finally caught up. Three playoff wins in a row don't lie.

101A
05-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Clutch?

From what I have seen THIS series; in games 1, 3 & 4; NO the Mavericks are not clutch. Their FG% in the 4th is horrendous, they make bad plays and miss shots.

After Tim Freaking Duncan was fouled out of game three - the Mavs let Manu go straight to the rack...TWICE! - At the end of 4 they give up an unconstested 3 to Finley (after MANU was fouled out) - their only baskets have come from offensive rebounds (it shows hustle, but not clutchness). That doesn't even mention the length of time without a bucket in game 1 (I'm sorry, in 3 and 4 also, but in those the Mavs didn't need to actually make buckets, did they?)

The Spurs are winning every 4th (look it up); but the Mavs are getting the benefit of every late game call - not clutch, just taking what they are given.

The Spurs have hit shots to keep pace with the Mavs FT bonanza - THAT'S Clutch! Over 70% in the 4th of game 3 - and damn near that in game 4!

Talented, Yes; Athletic, Yes; Clutch? NO!!!!!

Busta Cap
05-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Dirk has made ZERO, count it ZERO clutch shots in the 4th quarter of this series. Hell, the MAVS as a whole have made ZERO clutch shots in this series.

Huh? So, Dirk has to make the clutch shots for the win to count? That's been the beauty of the Mavs all season. As good as Dirk has been, JT has been just as clutch if not moreso than Dirk all season long. Stack has won games for us in the closing seconds as well.

You don't call Stack's off-balance, prayer over Bowen a clutch shot? What about Terry's baseline J over Timmy? Devin's overtime finger-roll?

Man, at least try to be objective.

ginobme
05-16-2006, 12:23 PM
i think he means the FTs that tied the game last night, and the other FTs that were the "game winners" in game 3

Busta Cap
05-16-2006, 12:27 PM
From what I have seen THIS series; in games 1, 3 & 4; NO the Mavericks are not clutch. Their FG% in the 4th is horrendous, they make bad plays and miss shots.

After Tim Freaking Duncan was fouled out of game three - the Mavs let Manu go straight to the rack...TWICE! - At the end of 4 they give up an unconstested 3 to Finley (after MANU was fouled out) - their only baskets have come from offensive rebounds (it shows hustle, but not clutchness). That doesn't even mention the length of time without a bucket in game 1 (I'm sorry, in 3 and 4 also, but in those the Mavs didn't need to actually make buckets, did they?)

The Spurs are winning every 4th (look it up); but the Mavs are getting the benefit of every late game call - not clutch, just taking what they are given.

The Spurs have hit shots to keep pace with the Mavs FT bonanza - THAT'S Clutch! Over 70% in the 4th of game 3 - and damn near that in game 4!

Talented, Yes; Athletic, Yes; Clutch? NO!!!!!

Okay, so let me get this straight. "Clutch" has to mean making an actual basket? Rebounds, tips, deflections, don't count as clutch plays? Seems odd coming from a Spurs fan when the Spurs have been as clutch in those areas as anyone in recent memory. I mean, if the saying "defense wins championships" applies to anyone, it's the Spurs.

Late game calls? SA gets them too, they've just not converted. Think those two chokers Tony threw up from the line mattered much?

I guess when the Spurs go to the line it's "earned" but when other teams get there it's given to them. Geez.

polandprzem
05-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Pop is a stupid shit

Spurs won 62 games with Rasho and Nazr

and have been embarrassed in both playoff series without them

I want Pop's head -- cut off

:smchode:

But they've won one game without them

ggoose25
05-16-2006, 12:30 PM
does anyone know what bowen and finley said to stern's face?? where did you hear of that?

Busta Cap
05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
my name's busta cap.

i have 4 posts.

i'm a basketball expert because it says that my favorite team is the mavericks!

No more of an expert than anyone else here, dude. Haven't been rude or abusive, just trying to talk a little hoops. Relax.

beirmeistr
05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Manu'sMagicalLefthand----good post 3176 re the refs. I think that before the series started, the refs attended a free luncheon sponsored by Cuban, where they were mass-hypnotized into favoring the Mavs after hearing the words "Bear Hug Defense."
Seriously, I am left with an empty, aching feeling after seeing the Spurs somehow lose game 4.
I haven't given up yet. I think the Spurs can pull it off if Popovich quits worrying about Avery and instead lets Avery worry about Popovich. Avery is inside Pop's head and is thereby outcoaching him so far.
I think this small ball obsession must end. Even though I detest Nazr's hands as much as I detest karl malone, I think the Spurs should start Nazr if only to win the tipoff.Pop probably favors a more athletic Nazr over a slower Rasho. Personally, I like Rasho better.
Just instruct Gino not to pass anything to Nazr. I also agree with Kenny Smith---Gino should be starting or playing starter minutes---40. There is no tomorrow if Spurs lose again.
Even though this may pissoff some TP fanatics in this forum, I am very disappointed with TP in the end game. He is a tiger at the beginning or when the score is lopsided, but if you studied his face with 38 seconds to go in regular time, he looked scared.
Again, before the start of o/t, they showed his face and he looked scared.
Several things were exposed in those final 38 seconds of reg time, and in the o/t:
Avery is in Pop's head,
Pop's worst-kept secret was exposed----when the pressure reaches maximum intensity, his star point guard suffers severe attacks of esophagal constrictitis,
Manu Ginobili's absence in the end game hurt the Spurs a lot,
Michael Finley is willing to take the big shot,
Brent Barry wants to pass rather than take the big shot (at least in this game),
the Spurs need bigger men to rebound during crunch time.
There, I said my piece. I may be completely incorrect in my venting, but I feel better.

gameFACE
05-16-2006, 01:01 PM
I generally never try to use the ref card. I believe you have to play through it. But it was pretty ridiculous last night. Those FG and FT stats that someone posted earlier are stunningly ridiculous.

I hope the Spurs are pissed off! I'm pissed off and you can be damn sure i'll be screaming my head off tomorrow at AT&T!

bigzak25
05-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Go Spurs Go! Just Win.

Late 4th qtr execution. No turnovers. Make your freethrows. All will be well.

And can we have Nazr in for a little while just to send harris to the floor a time or two?

Thanks Pop!

kris
05-16-2006, 01:28 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with Timvp's post. I know he and I both search for any other reason besides the refs that caused the Spurs to lose, but fact of the matter is the refs were directly responsible for the Spurs losing at LEAST one of those games, most likely both.

The referees were absolutely egregious in Games 3 and 4. If it was the other way around, and the Spurs were the benefactor, I would hate winning like that. You obviously take the win, but I'd rather my team win on their own accord rather than the refs gift wrapped the game.

I've held off writing the following, but I slept on Game 3 and it's been a few nights since Game 2 so I feel like I've given it proper respective thought.

I know it's been mentioned that Cuban has had his hand influencing in the refs through complaining, and I believe that to be true. However, I also believe the NBA either wants an extended series, wants the Mavericks to win, and/or wants the Spurs out.

I know that's pretty far out there, but I believe it. I believe it because I see it with my eyes. I intently watched both of the games and the replays and I watch the referees going out of their way to give super favorable calls to the Mavs and on the flip side of the coin, ignore making the same call when the same situation presents itself for the Spurs.

The Spurs are trying to fight through the calls and just play basketball, but it's impossible when they don't balance out. It has raised the Spurs game to even higher levels, but no team can beat the Mavs and the refs at the same time.

This is not to take away from how the Mavericks are playing. Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, and Devin Harris have all been outstanding offensively. Diop has done a decent job on Duncan.

My point is not against the Mavs because the Mavs are playing great playoff basketball and are doing what any team in their position would do - take the calls and be on the offensive. My point is that the NBA and control freak David Stern have cost the Spurs two possible playoff wins and are sullying the game's good name by tampering with the calls.

These games would have been fantastic without all the bullshit calls. There is no need to adjust them unless you have an agenda.

Here is what I believe the referees are doing:

During the course of the game, they call it fairly regularly. Calls go both ways, balance out etc. Maybe a bad call for the Spurs, a bad call for the Mavs. However, they throw in a kink into the balance out system. Say for example in Game 1, they are unusually non-chalant about handing out Duncan fouls or in Game 2, how all of a sudden they were searching for anything that might be considered a travel violation. Let me be the first to admit that the Spurs travel a lot. Still, 1) you can't all of a sudden decide to correct every extra step the Spurs have been taking all season in Game 4 of the Conference Semifinals, when they and other teams have been guilty of traveling violations all season and 2) you can't be so intent on finding travels that you see them even when they are not there.

Ok, so you take care of the first three quarters or so and now the game is in the balance. Now, the referees are looking to ensure the Mavericks have every chance to stay close or take the lead without being too obvious. So they throw the Spurs a bone or two. Maybe the Spurs shouldn't even have got the call, but this way after the game people can say it went both ways.

What has been accomplished is via the referees, the Mavericks have been given the best possible chance to win the game. Obviously, you can't just post ghost points on the scoreboard and sound the buzzer to end the game so the Spurs will have a chance as long as they are on the floor, but what has happened is it has become very improbable the Spurs will win and very improbable the Mavs will lose.

Unfortunately for the NBA and David Stern, the referees are doing a horrible job selling the calls and picking the right time to call them. When Dirk was tripped out of bounds, the referee had to stare at Dirk on the floor for 3 seconds after the play to call a foul. Why? When Tony got tripped and the ball fell out of bounds, the referee looked at the players inexplicably, paused, and then pointed to Mavs ball.

When did the legendary tough, physical NBA playoff basketball translate into a hand check foul with 8 seconds in the game?

How did it seem logical for one referee to anticipate a call on Manu for double dribbling, blowing his whistle amidst the Spurs obviously retaining the ball, and then the referees huddle together and call jump ball?

Everything balances out right on both sides right? Then how come the time the referees blow a call in the Spurs favor Tony's shot hitting the rim, they give it right back to the Mavs and call an offensive foul on Duncan one second after the inbounds?

What's scary is how little they used to justify that offensive foul. David Stern's version of the script didn't have them being that obvious with the foul or the make-up call.

If David Stern was really in search of the best referees and ensuring only the best for the integrity of his league, he would most assuredly get rid of Dick Bavetta. Why is this guy still reffing the most important games in the playoffs? He is an absolutely horrid referee.

Any fan of any team can account for how many calls he misses/makes up. The guy should be retired. He's 66. He is eligible for full Social Security benefits. It is a proven fact that his physical tools and skills to referee have naturally declined due to age. It doesn't matter how cute he thinks he is or how alive he feels when refereeing a big game. He shouldn't be doing it according to Stern's pursuit of what is best for the game. You could even ask one Jerry Stackhouse if he agrees. But, alas he is a puppet for Stern. Dick Bavetta probably sold out a long time ago for a little grease on his palm. Perhaps a guarantee of longevity or more lucrative package for senior referees in exchange for a few well placed calls. Probably didn't start out big, but it ended as a nice way for the control freak to have a say on and off the court.

Concluding, I want to add that I didn't even think the Spurs would make it to the NBA Finals before the playoffs. I didn't think they deserved to after the poor showing they made during the regular season. I don't know if they do right now. What I do know is they deserve better than having to play in conditioned games where they have to make up 6 more points than they normally would because the referees are jobbing them.

I, as a fan of the game and the Spurs, feel robbed when I watch a team's field goals get matched point for point with free throws in the last 8 minutes of the fourth quarter. If the Spurs lost because they didn't match the Mavericks, that's fine and after the series I'll start thinking how the Spurs need to make some offseason moves. But it's unfair to have to think of what might have been because of the referees pulling the game to the Mavs.

The most disgusting thing about it is it's plain of day. If you're a Maverick fan and you want to say the Spurs fans are being babies or hypocritical or whatever, go ahead, but in the back of your mind you know the Mavericks had a lot of help. If nothing else, look to Popovich's quotes. Here's a man who has never even acknowledged the referees existance and now had to admit there are somethings you can't control. What do you think those things are?

In the basketball world, complaining about the referees is a sin. Yeah, we are complained about the calls, but to you Mavs fans that are trying to play the high road card and parroting "but Josh Howard's block was clean," - we'll see you in hell.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Well said Kris.

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 02:04 PM
I, as a fan of the game and the Spurs, feel robbed when I watch a team's field goals get matched point for point with free throws in the last 8 minutes of the fourth quarter.

:tu I'll agree with that.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
This isn't meant to stir things up..................there is already enough of that shit already going around. I really want to hear what you guys think about this and want some honest opinions. Here is the question.........................

Do you honestly think that the refs have it in for the Spurs and there is some sort of plan to help the Mavs win?

If you do believe this, with all of your heart, will you continue to watch the NBA, or is this the last straw?

I've felt screwed before during games my team has lost, but I never have made some of the comments I've read on here, and I had to witness the game 6 vs. the Lakers. Are these comments what some of you truly feel, or are they just posted out of anger and despair?

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with Timvp's post. I know he and I both search for any other reason besides the refs that caused the Spurs to lose, but fact of the matter is the refs were directly responsible for the Spurs losing at LEAST one of those games, most likely both.

The referees were absolutely egregious in Games 3 and 4. If it was the other way around, and the Spurs were the benefactor, I would hate winning like that. You obviously take the win, but I'd rather my team win on their own accord rather than the refs gift wrapped the game.

I've held off writing the following, but I slept on Game 3 and it's been a few nights since Game 2 so I feel like I've given it proper respective thought.

I know it's been mentioned that Cuban has had his hand influencing in the refs through complaining, and I believe that to be true. However, I also believe the NBA either wants an extended series, wants the Mavericks to win, and/or wants the Spurs out.

I know that's pretty far out there, but I believe it. I believe it because I see it with my eyes. I intently watched both of the games and the replays and I watch the referees going out of their way to give super favorable calls to the Mavs and on the flip side of the coin, ignore making the same call when the same situation presents itself for the Spurs.

The Spurs are trying to fight through the calls and just play basketball, but it's impossible when they don't balance out. It has raised the Spurs game to even higher levels, but no team can beat the Mavs and the refs at the same time.

This is not to take away from how the Mavericks are playing. Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, and Devin Harris have all been outstanding offensively. Diop has done a decent job on Duncan.

My point is not against the Mavs because the Mavs are playing great playoff basketball and are doing what any team in their position would do - take the calls and be on the offensive. My point is that the NBA and control freak David Stern have cost the Spurs two possible playoff wins and are sullying the game's good name by tampering with the calls.

These games would have been fantastic without all the bullshit calls. There is no need to adjust them unless you have an agenda.

During the course of the game, they call it fairly regularly. Calls go both ways, balance out etc. Maybe a bad call for the Spurs, a bad call for the Mavs. However, they throw in a kink into the balance out system. Say for example in Game 1, they are unusually non-chalant about handing out Duncan fouls or in Game 2, how all of a sudden they were searching for anything that might be considered a travel violation. Let me be the first to admit that the Spurs travel a lot. Still, 1) you can't all of a sudden decide to correct every extra step the Spurs have been taking all season in Game 4 of the Conference Semifinals, when they and other teams have been guilty of traveling violations all season and 2) you can't be so intent on finding travels that you see them even when they are not there.

Ok, so you take care of the first three quarters or so and now the game is in the balance. Now, the referees are looking to ensure the Mavericks have every chance to stay close or take the lead without being too obvious. So they throw the Spurs a bone or two. Maybe the Spurs shouldn't even have got the call, but this way after the game people can say it went both ways.

What has been accomplished is via the referees, the Mavericks have been given the best possible chance to win the game. Obviously, you can't just post ghost points on the scoreboard and sound the buzzer to end the game so the Spurs will have a chance as long as they are on the floor, but what has happened is it has become very improbable the Spurs will win and very improbable the Mavs will lose.

Unfortunately for the NBA and David Stern, the referees are doing a horrible job selling the calls and picking the right time to call them. When Dirk was tripped out of bounds, the referee had to stare at Dirk on the floor for 3 seconds after the play to call a foul. Why? When Tony got tripped and the ball fell out of bounds, the referee looked at the players inexplicably, paused, and then pointed to Mavs ball.

When did the legendary tough, physical NBA playoff basketball translate into a hand check foul with 8 seconds in the game?

How did it seem logical for one referee to anticipate a call on Manu for double dribbling, blowing his whistle amidst the Spurs obviously retaining the ball, and then the referees huddle together and call jump ball?

Everything balances out right on both sides right? Then how come the time the referees blow a call in the Spurs favor Tony's shot hitting the rim, they give it right back to the Mavs and call an offensive foul on Duncan one second after the inbounds?

What's scary is how little they used to justify that offensive foul. David Stern's version of the script didn't have them being that obvious with the foul or the make-up call.

If David Stern was really in search of the best referees and ensuring only the best for the integrity of his league, he would most assuredly get rid of Dick Bavetta. Why is this guy still reffing the most important games in the playoffs? He is an absolutely horrid referee.

Any fan of any team can account for how many calls he misses/makes up. The guy should be retired. He's 66. He is eligible for full Social Security benefits. It is a proven fact that his physical tools and skills to referee have naturally declined due to age. It doesn't matter how cute he thinks he is or how alive he feels when refereeing a big game. He shouldn't be doing it according to Stern's pursuit of what is best for the game. You could even ask one Jerry Stackhouse if he agrees. But, alas he is a puppet for Stern. Dick Bavetta probably sold out a long time ago for a little grease on his palm. Perhaps a guarantee of longevity or more lucrative package for senior referees in exchange for a few well placed calls. Probably didn't start out big, but it ended as a nice way for the control freak to have a say on and off the court.

Concluding, I want to add that I didn't even think the Spurs would make it to the NBA Finals before the playoffs. I didn't think they deserved to after the poor showing they made during the regular season. I don't know if they do right now. What I do know is they deserve better than having to play in conditioned games where they have to make up 6 more points than they normally would because the referees are jobbing them.

I, as a fan of the game and the Spurs, feel robbed when I watch a team's field goals get matched point for point with free throws in the last 8 minutes of the fourth quarter. If the Spurs lost because they didn't match the Mavericks, that's fine and after the series I'll start thinking how the Spurs need to make some offseason moves. But it's unfair to have to think of what might have been because of the referees pulling the game to the Mavs.

The most disgusting thing about it is it's plain of day. If you're a Maverick fan and you want to say the Spurs fans are being babies or hypocritical or whatever, go ahead, but in the back of your mind you know the Mavericks had a lot of help. If nothing else, look to Popovich's quotes. Here's a man who has never even acknowledged the referees existance and now had to admit there are somethings you can't control. What do you think those things are?

In the basketball world, complaining about the referees is a sin. Yeah, we are complained about the calls, but to you Mavs fans that are trying to play the high road card and parroting "but Josh Howard's block was clean," - we'll see you in hell.
Bravo. Post of the day.

polandprzem
05-16-2006, 02:10 PM
omg we got robbed by Stern and Cuban!

Give the spurs a win http://forum.e-basket.pl/emoticons/crying.gif

themvp
05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Interesting post kris.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Pop is a stupid shit

Spurs won 62 games with Rasho and Nazr

and have been embarrassed in both playoff series without them

I want Pop's head -- cut off

:smchode:

Mavs are a nightmare of a match up problem. I don't know that there is much Sho or Nazr could do for us.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
does anyone know what bowen and finley said to stern's face?? where did you hear of that?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41196&page=1

I guess if you missed that you also missed Ernie Johnson showing a highlight of Bowen looking at and telling Stern in the crowd "that was terrible" after the call on him when guarding Dirk at the end.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Does anyone have David Stern, Mark Cuban, or Dick Bafuckingassvetta's address????

I swear I'm gonna thrill one of these guys.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Now that I've found the right thread:

I can't believe this fucknig shit. In such a big stage of basketball, in the NBA playoffs, the refs have managed to end the Spurs' season (if the Spurs are to lose again), and have givin two straight games to the Mavs. Anyone who watched game 4 and says that the Mavs won fair and square is full of shit. The refs are part of the Mavs roster.

I really can't understand how something so cheap happens like this. Why can't they just let the teams play the damn game???

Dirk got saved so many times, I mean, that last call in game 4 which earned Dirk 2 FT's to tie the game and send it to OT was rediculous. If anything, that was an offensive foul. After watching the play a bunch of times, you can see that Bowen did absolutely nothing illegal or against the rules, while Dirk was elbowing Bruce, trying to push him away. That was bullshit to the extreme.

I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I'm gonna have to make a major change. My options are:

a) Downgrade from being a diehard fan to a casual fan

b) Never, ever watch another NBA game for the rest of my life.

I can't watch a game of basketball if they are going to constantly call such horseshit, these games that I've been watching aren't even basketball anymore. Any little touch is a foul, it's incredible. People would expect old fucks like Dick Bavetta to be a little old school and be a fan of some tough basketball, but I guess not. These motherfuckers make the NBA look like the WNBA, and that's an understatement.

Bavetta, Crawford, all other bullshit refs, Mark Cuban, and David Stern all need to go kill themselves immediately. I don't even give a fuck right now, I want to choke that fucknig piece of old shit Bavetta.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
David Stern was at the game in person last night to make sure the Mavs would win the game.

He was in the stands all nervous in the 4th quarter when the Spurs were starting to take control.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Alvarez--Here is my question to you since no one has bothered to answer it and I know you'll give your honest opinion

This isn't meant to stir things up..................there is already enough of that shit already going around. I really want to hear what you guys think about this and want some honest opinions. Here is the question.........................

Do you honestly think that the refs have it in for the Spurs and there is some sort of plan to help the Mavs win?

If you do believe this, with all of your heart, will you continue to watch the NBA, or is this the last straw?

I've felt screwed before during games my team has lost, but I never have made some of the comments I've read on here, and I had to witness the game 6 vs. the Lakers. Are these comments what some of you truly feel, or are they just posted out of anger and despair?

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Why is David Stern spending all of his time worrying about all this little bullshit like the players dress code and not allowing players to wear stockings????

Man, what this chode really needs to do is get some younger, non-bullfuck refs.

Bavetta is an old piece of fuck that deserves to die. What a bitch.

polandprzem
05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Why is David Stern spending all of his time worrying about all this little bullshit like the players dress code and not allowing players to wear stockings????

Man, what this chode really needs to do is get some younger, non-bullfuck refs.

Bavetta is an old piece of fuck that deserves to die. What a bitch.

Bravo Alvarez6 4 posts in a row.

I can laugh my ass off.

Thanks

dav4463
05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
I sent Mark Cuban an email after game three and he actually replied. I asked him why he doesn't talk about the poor officiating on his blog when the calls all go his way. He sent back... I guess you didn't worry about it in game one when all the calls went the Spurs way.... I don't know what game he was watching! The email proved that he doesn't care about fair officiating like he says he does. All he wants is for his team to get all the calls. He's just a sorry-ass fan with a lot of money.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 02:41 PM
refs do suck dont get me wrong...but the spurs need to make an adjustment our the season will be over in 6... nazr and manu need to be back in the lineup....pop stresses that the reason we are not up in this series is cause the lack of defense..although he puts barry and finley in the starting lineup??? not the best move for defense....nazr is 7 feet tall or even rasho(gotta go with nazr) but the spurs have to get back at what got them there and the best fracnchise record...and it wasnt by playing small they are playin in dallas hands...and dallas is licking their chops once bruce bowen is the our next power foward...nazr can rebound the ball(one of the best per 48 min check the stats) decent defender and has a improving post game....and somebody has to guard him...manu is on a tear the past two games and he wants his job back as a starter...it may not seem as of now that nazr would be such a factor....but nobody thought the same of devin harris either and ur lying to urself if u did...so make the mavs shoot the ball more than they have and stop letting them drive to the basket making duncan worry about foul trouble its makin me pissed...not gonna win the series playing dallas basketball...what would pop do if david robinson was still on the court??(not in his prime) would he be benched??? uve got to get by the mismatch with duncan on howard it isnt that bad if u think about it...howard isnt a great shooter and duncan needs to give a lil room to recover...but if these changes are made the spurs will be better off than crossing their fingers that dalls misses layups and easy shots..casue well they are not

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I sent Mark Cuban an email after game three and he actually replied. I asked him why he doesn't talk about the poor officiating on his blog when the calls all go his way. He sent back... I guess you didn't worry about it in game one when all the calls went the Spurs way.... I don't know what game he was watching! The email proved that he doesn't care about fair officiating like he says he does. All he wants is for his team to get all the calls. He's just a sorry-ass fan with a lot of money.
What's his e-mail???

This bitch is gonna receive hell.

kris
05-16-2006, 02:44 PM

Yes, I think you can save your Ambassador of Basketball trophy for someone else.

EVAY
05-16-2006, 02:44 PM

You said this as well as it has been said. Well done. Your point about the league not wanting the spurs to go all the way is one that makes marketing sense, and the fact that pro basketball is a business argues that as well. The league markets personalities, not basketball. Therefore, real basketball fans who actually LIKE watching defensive games, are too few to count in tv ratings games. Thus, the pasting that the finals got from a ratings standpoint last year is someathing that Stern wants to avoid. I think he could avoid it by TEACHING the tv audience the value of well played defense, but in a celebrity-oriented society, that seems like it would take too much time or effort.

Before folks start moaning about " conspiracy theorists" being nuts, just let me point out that I don't that the league is malintended. It's just business. You want to have a marketable product, and the spurs are not that marketable by today's celebrity standards. As a fan, I love them, but I'm not a teeny bopper lusting over the player's bods either. I just love the game. We have all seen refs "manage" games during the regular season, where a likely blowout by one team is cushioned by the refs to be closer by judicious use of foul calls on the team that is way ahead.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
What's his e-mail???

This bitch is gonna receive hell.
Yes, I want his email too.
How does he feel that he can't beat the Spurs straight up without the zebras?

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM
The Mav's new home jerseys for the 06-07 season are gonna be white and black striped. Bank on it.

big3bigD
05-16-2006, 02:56 PM
The constant whinning and crying about officiating from the entire Spurs camp (except POP, he has been the only one to give the Mavs the credit that they deserve) is completely ridiculous. There have been several stretches during these games that we Mavs fans have seen the calls go the Spurs way. These "bad calls have gone both ways. The officiating has been as poor this season as it has always been and will always continue to be. You Spurs fans had no problem when the calls always went your way during the last several years. Now the refs are just recognizing an aging team that is no longer dominant.

You guys talk alot of mess around here about respect and being champions. You and your team should start acting and playing like the champions that you are, and stop worrying and crying so much about the refs.

Every team, every year has a complaint against the refs, but these Spurs are letting it get into their heads and it is affecting the team as a result. Last night Bowen actually started crying to David Stern in the stands about a call DURING THE GAME!!!

I am personally shocked at the Spurs actions and attitude. Your team is better than this. I hope that the rest of the Spurs and their fans can attempt to follow POP's example and start acting with some class.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Whatever.

Fuck this series, the Mavs will never win a championship anyway so it's all good.

If Stern somehow pulls off some more bullshit and the Mavs beat the Pistons in the finals, then you know something is up.

Melmart1
05-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Why are there Mavs fans in a gotdamn motherfucking venting thread? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of venting, when someone is arguing with you? Get the fuck out. Go ruin all the other threads, assholes.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 03:00 PM
The constant whinning and crying about officiating from the entire Spurs camp (except POP, he has been the only one to give the Mavs the credit that they deserve) is completely ridiculous. There have been several stretches during these games that we Mavs fans have seen the calls go the Spurs way. These "bad calls have gone both ways. The officiating has been as poor this season as it has always been and will always continue to be. You Spurs fans had no problem when the calls always went your way during the last several years. Now the refs are just recognizing an aging team that is no longer dominant.

You guys talk alot of mess around here about respect and being champions. You and your team should start acting and playing like the champions that you are, and stop worrying and crying so much about the refs.

Every team, every year has a complaint against the refs, but these Spurs are letting it get into their heads and it is affecting the team as a result. Last night Bowen actually started crying to David Stern in the stands about a call DURING THE GAME!!!

I am personally shocked at the Spurs actions and attitude. Your team is better than this. I hope that the rest of the Spurs and their fans can attempt to follow POP's example and start acting with some class.
Good post, but that sure is easy to say when you're looking at this situation from the winning side.

Following Pop's example and start acting with some class is pretty hard to do when you have been bullshitted on by the refs for 2 straight games.

Imagine explaining this to Tim Duncan. Tim has had an incredible series, putting up 30 points every fucking night, playing like a monster, dominating the game. He is a guy who wants to get back to the finals and defend his championship, something that he's been waiting to do for a long time. But now he can't do it because of a bunch of terrible calls.

Imagine feeling that. You go from thinking in your mind that you are going back to the finals and facing Detroit, to "fuck. I can't believe these refs have made us waste this entire season's effort for nothing," all in a very quick time frame.

It's bullshit.

Jules
05-16-2006, 03:01 PM
No doubt, there have been a slew of bad calls this series. Regardless, it's time to focus on Game 5.

I regularly attend games across the county in support of the Spurs and I haven't cancelled my weekend trip to TX. Do you see where I'm going with this? Sure, the pressure has mounted, but we're still in this.

Having said that, SA fans who will be in attendance for Game 5: We NEED your support! Get loud & nutty. Make sure the team knows that we're in it to win it... in 7!

Cheers!

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi Julie!!

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 03:03 PM
The whole fucking world has been predicting a Spurs vs. Pistons rematch, a series that would go down as a classic, considering the recent history.

The Pistons and the Spurs are clearly the 2 best teams in the world and both deserve to be in the finals. It's absolute crap that this event won't happen because Cuban and Avery cry their asses off like fucking pussies and David Stern wants $ because the Spurs have no market and are boring.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 03:03 PM
No doubt, there have been a slew of bad calls this series. Regardless, it's time to focus on Game 5.

I regularly attend games across the county in support of the Spurs and I haven't cancelled my weekend trip to TX. Do you see where I'm going with this? Sure, the pressure has mounted, but we're still in this.

Having said that, SA fans who will be in attendance for Game 5: We NEED your support! Get loud & nutty. Make sure the team knows that we're in it to win it... in 7!

Cheers!

:tu :tu :tu :tu

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 03:04 PM
hey big3bigd how do u expect the spurs to win a game on the road with duncan out during crunch time in game 3 or manu who was doin yall dirty in game 4 both players foul out??? since when was shaq out one game and then kobe out the next?? and since when does the nazi shoot freethrows as tying or game winning shots.. in back to back games??? 93 combined freethrows in back to back games... so dont tell me the refs have no say in the outcome of this series and were being babies...mr.cuban loses money every year complaing..now its our turn

midgetonadonkey
05-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Alvarez needs a nap. He is cranky.

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Imagine explaining this to Tim Duncan. Tim has had an incredible series, putting up 30 points every fucking night, playing like a monster, dominating the game. He is a guy who wants to get back to the finals and defend his championship, something that he's been waiting to do for a long time. But now he can't do it because of a bunch of terrible calls.

Imagine feeling that. You go from thinking in your mind that you are going back to the finals and facing Detroit, to "fuck. I can't believe these refs have made us waste this entire season's effort for nothing," all in a very quick time frame.

It's bullshit.Tim Duncan is probably worrying about if his teammates are going to show up to play, rather than who is going to ref the game.

tlongII
05-16-2006, 03:21 PM
You may have a little bit of understanding how us Seahawks fans feel now.

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 03:38 PM
You may have a little bit of understanding how us Seahawks fans feel now.

This is worse TEN fucking FOLD

big3bigD
05-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Good post, but that sure is easy to say when you're looking at this situation from the winning side.

Following Pop's example and start acting with some class is pretty hard to do when you have been bullshitted on by the refs for 2 straight games.

It's bullshit.

I thought about that after submitting that post, but even though they are losing right now, I still think the the Spurs are too good of an organization to go out on a tirade about referees. They have always exemplified class and dignity during success, I would hate to see them act any differently in defeat.

I agree that this series has to be killing Duncan. This is one of his best post season series in recent memory, but his team is still losing 3-1. Duncan has been unbelieveable so far in this series and the Mavs have absolutely no answer for him.

I disagree that he is losing these games due to bad calls though. As I said earlier, we Mavs fans have watced Damp and Diop get a litany of fouls on Duncan for just breathing around him.

Last game BOTH teams shot 32 free throws apiece. That shows no bias or advantage for either team. These two teams also have a history of playing in foul plauged games. They set a record for free throws shot during one of the 2003 Conference Finals games.

Finally, you have to take Cuban into consideration here. There is no way Stern or anyone else in the front office wants to do Cuban any favors. These refs aren't possibly being influenced by him on a positive manner. Cuban is pretty universally disliked around the league and among refs for obvious reasons.

mavsrule
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
The referees have been calling way too many shots.. I do see that, the foul on Dirk at the end was very questionable... but to say that the refs want the mavs to win is nonsense.... Both teams have played great ball on all games,(except game 2 when the spurs got blown out) The difference is that the mavs are a good free throw team and the spurs are not..
Let's enjoy the series, the best team always comes up on top in a 7 game series.

temujin
05-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Good day everybody.

I still see an issue of refereeing.
Anything like Game 3 (I didn't watch Game 4)?

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 03:55 PM
ya they shot the same ammount of fts in game 4....but damn dont tell me that bowen foul even if ur a mavs fan or w/e that was crap....let dirk get a shot off but man not even get a shot off and dirk was making the contact not bowen usin his elbow i clearly thought when the whistle was blown it was offensive..and did u forget game 3 when yall shot 50 fts and we shot 32? thats a difference of 18 and we lost by 1 point...so refs do matter in this series the mavs still havent won anything yet..but if they do its the refs and david sterns victory not the mavs

Crookshanks
05-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I don't know what I'm gonna do, but I'm gonna have to make a major change. My options are:

a) Downgrade from being a diehard fan to a casual fan

b) Never, ever watch another NBA game for the rest of my life.

I agree - I felt like my heart was ripped out last night. I hardly slept because I kept replaying the game in my head. And then when I woke up this morning and realized it really did happen - I was depressed all over again. :depressed

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:59 PM
I agree - I felt like my heart was ripped out last night. I hardly slept because I kept replaying the game in my head. And then when I woke up this morning and realized it really did happen - I was depressed all over again. :depressed
Very true, waking up and realizing what happened really felt bad and I'm really pissed that they can get away with this crap.

temujin
05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Refs rule the game.

Punish whispers and defense-oriented teams are in trouble.
Let the muscle play and offense is in trouble.
Simple.

The numbers, in terms of fouls and FTs, are pretty clear. Game 3 was very biased.
I read Manu only played for 27'.
That's not a long time.

temujin
05-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I think that the only game that was worse than Game 3 was the legendary Game 3 of the 99 Finals In NY.
Duncun getting a 3 seconds violation on a fastbreak.
What a joke........
I had never seen anything like that on basketball court.

Game 3 was pretty close.

clooneyschick04
05-16-2006, 04:11 PM
I've been in absolute shock all day. I've just kept going over and over what happened last night. I was never one to blame the refs in this series until last night - it was a nightmare. Dick has been in the league long enough to know to let the guys play the game - they don't call a handcheck in the final minutes of the regular season but they call it last night in a HUGE Game 4 situation.

I can handle it when the Spurs are beaten by a superior team but they haven't been beaten in this series - they have been cheated.

temujin
05-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Spurs will win Game 5.
Why finish off this nice series so early.
Apparently, people are watching.........

rascal
05-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Quit blaming the refs. If the spurs played better they would have won. They are getting nothing out of the center position.

There is a problem with the spurs greater than any ref calls and thats having an unreliable weak bench with no fire power and two centers that the coach has no confidence in.

Two centers acquired via free agency and trade, what I have always claimed that other than good drafting the spurs have gotten nothing out of free agency and trades.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 04:57 PM
I can handle it when the Spurs are beaten by a superior team but they haven't been beaten in this series. They have been cheated.
I feel the same way.

I can accept a Spurs loss when either the other team is superior or the Spurs deserved to lose because it was their own fault for playing like crap.

They have been cheated twice. That I cannot take.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Quit blaming the refs. If the spurs played better they would have won. They are getting nothing out of the center position.

There is a problem with the spurs greater than any ref calls and thats having an unreliable weak bench with no fire power and two centers that the coach has no confidence in.

Two centers acquired via free agency and trade, what I have always claimed that other than good drafting the spurs have gotten nothing out of free agency and trades.
OK, umm, the Spurs played really fuckin good last night.

In this series, you can't play a real center for a long stretch of time. If Tim Duncan is in, you don't want him on Dirk. Dirk plays as the PF for the Mavs, leaving Duncan to play center.

If you had a center in the game, he would have to cover Dirk or a slashing guard.

rascal
05-16-2006, 05:02 PM
I disagree. You play a center if you have a good one.

timvp
05-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Dirk Nowitzki in 53 minutes of fourth quarters and overtime this series:

3-for-11 from the field. 16-for-17 from the line.

What?

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Dirk Nowitzki in 53 minutes of fourth quarters and overtime this series:

3-for-11 from the field. 16-for-17 from the line.

What?

Numbers don't lie.

:angel

timvp
05-16-2006, 05:11 PM
In the close games (Games 1, 3, 4), Dirk is 1-for-8 from the field and 14-for-15 from the line. His one basket in close games in the fourth in this whole series was that break away dunk in Game 1.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2006, 05:20 PM
You know something is wrong when both timvp and manny start threads venting about the calls.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 05:20 PM
I disagree. You play a center if you have a good one.
Do you we have a good one?

And if you consider Nazr or Rasho good, you might as well tell me the whole lineup you want out there and the defensive matchups.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 05:21 PM
You know something is wrong when both timvp and manny start threads venting about the calls.
I thought Manny was disgusted by Spurs fans arguing about the refs after game 3???

what a hypocrite.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2006, 05:34 PM
He is not a hypocrite he is just human and vulnerable to changing his mind.

You guys wanna know the thing that really sickens me? The thing that truely saddens me about this whole situation?

Is how Duncan has been treated. Tim Duncan, the greatest basketball player on the face of the entire PLANET...he is being shit on in favor of a team that has proved absolutely nothing in their entire existence, with a "mvp candidate" that has proved absolutely nothing in his entire career.

It's disgusting. I hope Duncan practices mediation and can channel all of this anger he has to be feeling into dominance on the court.

Because I feel flat out sorry for him. You work all year through foot injuries, you show the entire world 9 straight playoff games of supreme excellence and total dominance, yet you get jobbed. You get blatantly jobbed.

Yes he had a chance to win it, and thats all we could hope for at that point, but he's being treated like Danny Ferry and Dirk is being treated like Michael Jordan.

I challenge ALL STAT-FREAKS to show me the last time two playoff games were decided by a foul call on the same player who has made no field goals in either of those two fourth quarters.

CHALLENGE.

It's bogus. Ludicrous. And every player in black and silver knows it.

Will this be the end of Duncan's line? Will he rebound? Let's hope so. I hope they awaken the beast. We've seen the real duncan lately, now we're about to see a BEASTLY duncan.

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 05:41 PM
He is not a hypocrite he is just human and vulnerable to changing his mind.

You guys wanna know the thing that really sickens me? The thing that truely saddens me about this whole situation?

Is how Duncan has been treated. Tim Duncan, the greatest basketball player on the face of the entire PLANET...he is being shit on in favor of a team that has proved absolutely nothing in their entire existence, with a "mvp candidate" that has proved absolutely nothing in his entire career.

It's disgusting. I hope Duncan practices mediation and can channel all of this anger he has to be feeling into dominance on the court.

Because I feel flat out sorry for him. You work all year through foot injuries, you show the entire world 9 straight playoff games of supreme excellence and total dominance, yet you get jobbed. You get blatantly jobbed.

Yes he had a chance to win it, and thats all we could hope for at that point, but he's being treated like Danny Ferry and Dirk is being treated like Michael Jordan.

I challenge ALL STAT-FREAKS to show me the last time two playoff games were decided by a foul call on the same player who has made no field goals in either of those two fourth quarters.

CHALLENGE.

It's bogus. Ludicrous. And every player in black and silver knows it.

Will this be the end of Duncan's line? Will he rebound? Let's hope so. I hope they awaken the beast. We've seen the real duncan lately, now we're about to see a BEASTLY duncan.
:tu :tu :tu

That's what pisses me off the most.

Out of all people, Tim Duncan doesn't deserve this shit. The refs are treating him like a rookie, he is getting no respect, and neither is the rest of his team. They are calling absolute shit.

Tim is having a monstrous series. He is dominating in every category: points, assists, rebounds, blocks, FG% and his FT% isn't bad either.

I'm starting to think to myself, what does it take to beat the Mavs + refs???

I thought the Spurs played a hell of a game last night, they had Tim, Parker, and Manu all around 30 points. If it weren't for such shit, Manu wouldn't have fouled out. What other team can get 90 points from 3 players????

Just TP and TD combined scored more than Detroit last game.

If you looked at the Spurs box score last night, you would have thought that they absolutely destroyed any team.

efrem1
05-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Nothing much more to add here, but Cuban and his rant after Game 1 eliminates any justification the Mavs had in criticizing our fans. Having said that what's done is done and now I can do some meaningful stuff like voting in our primaries, supporting the troops in Iraq, spending the day with my son and eating at Chipotle's tonight.

We have three titles and they can't take those away from us. :)

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 05:58 PM
I haven't been on here since before the game yesterday. And I have just a few things to say.

The Spurs are playing good basketball just like Dallas is, the only difference is the calls favor Dallas. Harris does the same little layup drill and gets the call while Parker gets not even a second look. Dirk flops, gets his foul and Duncan earns his points like a man in the paint wondering where his calls are and if they'll ever come.

It's not about who's playing who. It's about calling it both ways for both teams, or just not calling it at all.

All I want is a fair shot, that's all the Spurs need.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I haven't been on here since before the game yesterday. And I have just a few things to say.

The Spurs are playing good basketball just like Dallas is, the only difference is the calls favor Dallas. Harris does the same little layup drill and gets the call while Parker gets not even a second look. Dirk flops, gets his foul and Duncan earns his points like a man in the paint wondering where his calls are and if they'll ever come.

It's not about who's playing who. It's about calling it both ways for both teams, or just not calling it at all.

All I want is a fair shot, that's all the Spurs need.

No fucking doubt man, no fucking doubt.

I have no fucking doubt that the San Antonio Spurs are hte superior team in this series. I have no doubt that 99.999999% of the times the superior team will win a 7 game series.

If they let us play, just LET US PLAY, we will destroy these fluffy pansy pussy ponies like the fucking collection of scrubs that they are. I want blood, I want destruction, I want mavericks to slam so hard into a brick wall they choke harder than they have ever choked before.
I was hard on barry last night, but fuck that. This team has not choked, this team has played bad fucking ass.

Let us play, and we will destroy their asses!!!!
If we win game 5, we can win game 6. If we win game 6, we can win game 7.
We are not out of this. We have had a chance to win game 3 and 4.

hark--THE BEAST AWAKENS!

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 06:09 PM
:tu :tu :tu

That's what pisses me off the most.

Out of all people, Tim Duncan doesn't deserve this shit. The refs are treating him like a rookie, he is getting no respect, and neither is the rest of his team. They are calling absolute shit.

Tim is having a monstrous series. He is dominating in every category: points, assists, rebounds, blocks, FG% and his FT% isn't bad either.

I'm starting to think to myself, what does it take to beat the Mavs + refs???

I thought the Spurs played a hell of a game last night, they had Tim, Parker, and Manu all around 30 points. If it weren't for such shit, Manu wouldn't have fouled out. What other team can get 90 points from 3 players????

Just TP and TD combined scored more than Detroit last game.

If you looked at the Spurs box score last night, you would have thought that they absolutely destroyed any team.
The thing about Duncan that's amazing right now is just how consistently he's playing. Look at the last four games: 31, 28, 35, 31; shooting 50% or better EVERY GAME. He's having one of the best series of his career, and all this after a season full of injuries. This guy deserves so much better right now...

beirmeistr
05-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Whatever.

Fuck this series, the Mavs will never win a championship anyway so it's all good.

If Stern somehow pulls off some more bullshit and the Mavs beat the Pistons in the finals, then you know something is up.
The Pistons might get the same screwing the Spurs are getting, Alvarez. I'm sure the Commish would salivate over a Dallas/Miami finals matchup.

timvp
05-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Okay now if the Spurs can blow these bitches out in Game 5, how tight do you think they'd be in Game 6?

yeayah.

timvp
05-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Win Game 5. Steal Game 6.

Then it's on.