PDA

View Full Version : Barkley called out the refs?

zocool16
05-16-2006, 03:25 AM
I'm sorry I read in a thread that "BARKLEY called out the refs", I don't know when this was or if that was a joke. I didn't see the postgame show after the Mavs' game 4 victory; Can someone tell me what Charles said? I mean even if he didn't say a thing about the refs, I'm interested in knowing what he said.

I wouldn't blame him if he threw the towel on the Spurs of course.

I haven't.

JohnMcClane
05-16-2006, 03:32 AM
Barkley is completely biased. He's a spurs fan.

AceProfits
05-16-2006, 03:32 AM
He basically said the NBA must look into the ref situation as they have made some horrible calls at the end of this game, and the playoffs as a whole.

I guess if you missed that you also missed Ernie Johnson showing a highlight of Bowen looking at and telling Stern in the crowd "that was terrible" after the call on him when guarding Dirk at the end.

I guess you also missed the reporters interviewing Bowen after the game and asking him about that foul. He said that guys should be shooting in such big games and not be getting sent to the line.

I guess you also missed Duncan not answering any questions in the post game confernece and leaving in about 45 secs.!

:drunk

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:34 AM
He said The NBA refs suck.

They made calls tonight that were atrocious, and I just saw the replay of him saying it and he was disgusted.

He said Bowen didn't foul Dirk as well.

He said Stu and Stern need to address it.

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 03:35 AM

He is?

The guy who closed the Hemisfair? The guy who lives in Scottsdale?

He's a Spurs fan?

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 03:36 AM
Hopefully his truthful rant brings as much attention as if a Spurs player went off.

Maybe the guys on ATH or PTI will address this as well.

Nero
05-16-2006, 03:36 AM
Barkley like phsyical basketball and can't stand the pussification of the league. He always says No Foul. Doesn't mean much.

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 03:39 AM
Just because Barkley has maintained the Spurs are a better team doesn't make him a Spurs fan. Mav fans' Barkley accusations are puerile and hyprocritical. Just because I thought that the German soccer team was better than the United States' in the '02 World Cup didn't mean that I was a fan of Germany...actually, I really don't like Germany that much for some odd reason, hmmm.

zocool16
05-16-2006, 03:40 AM
It's funny to me how I have not heard one Dallas fan say that they indeed have been the beneficiaries of some tough calls against the Spurs. I don't blame the Mavs, they were given a chance and they took it; but come on, you mean to tell me that no matter how biased a fan you are, you didn't see our point about any of the calls that have (as many of us think) costed us 2 games?

I didn't think Barkley would say anything about the refs, but I'm glad he's got our back...

Spurs in 7

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2006, 03:43 AM
if the legends and top players of the game come out and say something that is wrong with the league, stern should also take it serious instead of pushin it under the rug, when definitely there has been sumthing wrong with the officiating in games. heck the ppl watchin the games can also see it. the integrity of the game could be very negative just like the juventus shit happenin atm in italy, the soccer club was found bribing and matchfixin or sumshit.

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:46 AM
Bruce looked at Stern and said "This is terrible"

Charles said Bruce was right. The officiating was terrible.

zocool16
05-16-2006, 03:48 AM
I guess you also missed Duncan not answering any questions in the post game confernece and leaving in about 45 secs.!

:drunk

Tim seriously did that??? how was that? did he sit down and just stare at everyone, get up, and leave? or how?

man if he did that I'm glad. He got fouled so much today and he wasn't getting his 'and-one's'... Tim's the freaking man

JohnMcClane
05-16-2006, 03:50 AM
It's funny to me how I have not heard one Dallas fan say that they indeed have been the beneficiaries of some tough calls against the Spurs.

I think Spurs fans are just incredibly spoiled. I am not trying to be rude.. that's just the reality. I think the Mavs always got the extreme short end of the stick simply because Nellie was "unconventional". Refs didn't respect the game the Mavs or dirk played. Now they finally do a little bit.. and the Spurs fans like yourself can't comprehend it , so they think the officals are against them. While I do think the Mavs have gotten the benefit of the doubt on a couple plays at the ends of games... i think these are plays the Spurs get all the time.. the odd thing is that the Mavs are now stating to get a couple. But I still think over-all the officiating is incredibly biased towards the Spurs. The refs have kept the Spurs in the series. If you compare the calls Duncan gets on Damp and Diop and then compare that to the way the Spurs are defending Dirk.. it's a total joke. Duncan gets every single call his way. While Dirk gets mugged half the time without a call.

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Fuck off.

We're spoiled because we do something the Mavs have never done? Win.

Give me a break kid.

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 03:54 AM
Actually, the Suns are his team

zocool16
05-16-2006, 03:56 AM
I think Spurs fans are just incredibly spoiled. I am not trying to be rude.. that's just the reality. I think the Mavs always got the extreme short end of the stick simply because Nellie was "unconventional". Refs didn't respect the game the Mavs or dirk played. Now they finally do a little bit.. and the Spurs fans like yourself can't comprehend it , so they think the officals are against them. While I do think the Mavs have gotten the benefit of the doubt on a couple plays at the ends of games... i think these are plays the Spurs get all the time.. the odd thing is that the Mavs are now stating to get a couple. But I still think over-all the officiating is incredibly biased towards the Spurs. The refs have kept the Spurs in the series. If you compare the calls Duncan gets on Damp and Diop and then compare that to the way the Spurs are defending Dirk.. it's a total joke. Duncan gets every single call his way. While Dirk gets mugged half the time without a call.

Duncan is a 3-time champion, a 2-time NBA MVP...and many other things...but oh well we're not gonna get into this right now..the point was about these particular calls... I mean...they decided the outcomes of the games in crunch time...well we could have not fumbled that pass, Duncan could have made that shot...those shots were harder than 2 free throws for Nowitzki though...

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 03:59 AM
:rollin @ McClane...not trying to be rude or anything. Dirk...mugged??? If Dirk had been making those moves into the lane that Tim was and gettting bumped by Dampier on every single shot, Dirk would have had 30 FTs this game. Dirk's idea of getting mugged is a Swedish massage.

kevm2
05-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Even fans of other teams notice some funny business with the officiating. You'll find posts questioning the officiating even on sites like Lakersground's forum.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-16-2006, 04:02 AM
Barkley is a loud mouth fool who never won a ring

suddenly you guys wanna start paying attention to what he says, just coz he agrees with you? lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 04:03 AM
Even fans of other teams notice some funny business with the officiating. You'll find posts questioning the officiating even on sites like Lakersground's forum.
This is true.

SA210
05-16-2006, 04:05 AM

suddenly you guys wanna start paying attention to what he says, just coz he agrees with you? lol
It's not like Charles was reading Spurstalk.

It was the 1st thing he wanted to address when the show started.

Next.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-16-2006, 04:06 AM
the things is that Spurs fans have to realise its a league wide issue......it doesnt just happen to them.

The Nuggets have had horribly officiated games many times and yet people are quick to call me a whiner coz i make a comment about the refs

All teams get games where they are on the good end of bad calls and also other games where they are on the bad end.

Its a fact in the league that affects all teams and in the end it doesnt matter what is said coz it will never change.

Any time you use humans there are going to be mistakes and unless robots become refs in the near future, its going to be like this for a long time yet

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 04:08 AM
Barkley is a loudmouth yes, but he's not afraid to say what he sees. He's wrong sometimes, Sometimes there's a ring of truth. Barkley doesn't play the politics game like the rest of the T.V. asses who are afraid that their opinion might upset the bigheads. He's a straightshooter and what he says has probably crossed the minds of others who may be too much of a pussy to speak out.

SA210
05-16-2006, 04:08 AM
This effects a possible championship!!

JohnMcClane
05-16-2006, 04:09 AM
Duncan is a 3-time champion, a 2-time NBA MVP...and many other things...but oh well we're not gonna get into this right now..the point was about these particular calls... I mean...they decided the outcomes of the games in crunch time...well we could have not fumbled that pass, Duncan could have made that shot...those shots were harder than 2 free throws for Nowitzki though...

But my point is that if the refs gave Dirk respect early on the game wouldn't even be close.. and the refs aren't even that biased towards the Mavs. It's just even. And that is why i think it is weird to you guys.

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 04:10 AM
I'll take a Giga-pet reffing these games. Unlike Bavetta, those things will die. In other news, I hear that there are some French figure skating judges available to officiate, any takers?

ponky
05-16-2006, 04:11 AM
Still at it with the bitching and whining, four hours after the game, hilarious. Barkley also said Lebron was out of bounds when he shot a three and later in the replay they showed it from a different angle and Barkley changed his tune. How many rings does Barkley have? Spurs fans seem to diss everyone who doesn't have a ring and all of a sudden Barkley is the voice of reason. Barkley also called the Riverwalk a creek this year and described San Antonio women as fat a couple of years ago during the WCF. Was he right about that as well? Think about this while I have sweet dreams.

zocool16
But my point is that if the refs gave Dirk respect early on the game wouldn't even be close.. and the refs aren't even that biased towards the Mavs. It's just even. And that is why i think it is weird to you guys.

possible...but this is why i really cant give full credit to the mavs for beating the Spurs...it was given to them, I don't feel like they earned it. Boo-hoo though, what do you care? Your Mavs have the lead and you wanna beat us no matter how it's done.

JohnMcClane
Actually, the Suns are his team

Which is why he yells "DIIIAAAWWWW" all the time rather than "Ginnnoooobbbliiii".. right? And why he kisses Duncan's butt CONSTANTLY....

SA210
05-16-2006, 04:13 AM
Still at it with the bitching and whining, four hours after the game, hilarious. Barkley also said Lebron was out of bounds when he shot a three and later in the replay they showed it from a different angle and Barkley changed his tune. How many rings does Barkley have? Spurs fans seem to diss everyone who doesn't have a ring and all of a sudden Barkley is the voice of reason. Barkley also called the Riverwalk a creek this year and described San Antonio women as fat a couple of years ago during the WCF. Was he right about that as well? Think about this while I have sweet dreams.
They also showed a replay of the push off Dirk kept giving Bruce.

JohnMcClane
05-16-2006, 04:13 AM
possible...but this is why i really cant give full credit to the mavs for beating the Spurs...it was given to them, I don't feel like they earned it. Boo-hoo though, what do you care? Your Mavs have the lead and you wanna beat us no matter how it's done.

How does being "even" = giving it to the Mavs? I'm saying that because ithe reffing isn't completely biased against the Mavs, as it normally is, makes it fair. And that is why you think it is weird.

ponky
05-16-2006, 04:16 AM
They also showed a replay of the push off Dirk kept giving Bruce.

Why do you always skirt around the post rather than addressing it directly? You were all up on Barkley both in this post and the other posts about the officiating and yet you can't even address what I just posted. I guess you do believe that San Antonio women are fat and the Riverwalk is a creek otherwise you pick and choose what you want whenever it's to your advantage. Which one is it?

zocool16
05-16-2006, 04:16 AM
How does being "even" = giving it to the Mavs? I'm saying that because ithe reffing isn't completely biased against the Mavs, as it normally is, makes it fair. And that is why you think it is weird.

lol all i gotta say is that the refs were 'clutch'

greyforest
05-16-2006, 04:17 AM
Barkley also said Lebron was out of bounds when he shot a three and later in the replay they showed it from a different angle and Barkley changed his tune.

well they should compile a highlight reel of all the fucking bullshit fouls your team got in their favor and then maybe that will change your tune.

ponky
05-16-2006, 04:18 AM
well they should compile a highlight reel of all the fucking bullshit fouls your team got in their favor and then maybe that will change your tune.

Wah wah wah. Shall I post the ridiculous 2003 FTA stats for the WCF again? Six quick fouls the other day on three centers (2 apiece) all in the first quarter, all because of Duncan, I didn't bitch and whine. Suck it up whiner.

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 04:19 AM
No one in here is pretending that Barkley is right all the time, or even most of the time. Just the fact that there are some national personalities calling out the refs is an abberation to the norm. This doesn't mean that we have to agree with EVERYTHING they have ever said. That's idiotic.

greyforest
05-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Wah wah wah. Shall I post the ridiculous 2003 FTA stats for the WCF again? Six quick fouls the other day on three centers (2 apiece) all in the first quarter, all because of Duncan, I didn't bitch and whine. Suck it up whiner.

sure. bullshit is bullshit. i don't know how you posting that series' officiating bullshit would change the fact that this series' officiating has been bullshit!

and are you sure you didn't you bitch and whine? you sure do bring it up now, and remember it very well!

SA210
05-16-2006, 04:21 AM
Why do you always skirt around the post rather than addressing it directly? You were all up on Barkley both in this post and the other posts about the officiating and yet you can't even address what I just posted. I guess you do believe that San Antonio women are fat and the Riverwalk is a creek otherwise you pick and choose what you want whenever it's to your advantage. Which one is it?
The point is, it's not just us Spurs fans who saw this bogus crap. It's not like he was reading Spurstalk and knew we were mad about it.

And it was so important to him that he wanted it to be the 1st thing he commented on.

You know we were robbed. You know it deep inside. Say what you want, but you really know it. Without Charles saying anything, You know the Spurs were robbed.

greyforest
05-16-2006, 04:22 AM
That's idiotic.

there is more than enough idiocy to go around on these boards! :smokin

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 04:25 AM
Charles can call SA Podunk and the women fat all he wants. That's how he jokes. Other times, like when he called Kobe selfish..He says a lot what's on spectators minds. How many times has a media sportscaster call-out a player? They don't. They hush up and tip toe around the issue at best..Barkley doesn't ...the fact that Barkley says acknowledges that "hey, people are watching this game, and notice something's up" your argument Ponky, has nothing to do with Barkley validating our gripes. It has a lot to do with we're not the only ones who saw crappy officiating tonight. That doesn't necessarily mean, that was the cause of our loss, but it WAS indeed CRAPPY. Even on some other boards, non-fans were calling out the REFS, and singling out this game, not just the usual Homer-Ref Griping.

ponky
05-16-2006, 04:25 AM
The point is, it's not just us Spurs fans who saw this bogus crap. It's not like he was reading Spurstalk and knew we were mad about it.

And it was so important to him that he wanted it to be the 1st thing he commented on.

You know we were robbed. You know it deep inside. Say what you want, but you really know it. Without Charles saying anything, You know the Spurs were robbed.

Barkley picked the Spurs at the beginning of the season and he and Kenny got into it with Cuban a couple of months ago. It stands to reason that he is pissed that the Mavericks are playing well when he's been dissing them for 4-5 years now. You really are quite silly with your little *victim* attitude. All I know deep inside is that it feels nice and warm to know that we are up 3-1. I don't feel anything about your poor officiating excuses, the Spurs were not robbed, they had their chance...tick tick tick 8 seconds, Duncan with the ball....

ponky
05-16-2006, 04:27 AM
Charles can call SA Podunk and the women fat all he wants. That's how he jokes. Other times, like when he called Kobe selfish..He says a lot what's on spectators minds. How many times has a media sportscaster call-out a player? They don't. They hush up and tip toe around the issue at best..Barkley doesn't ...the fact that Barkley says acknowledges that "hey, people are watching this game, and notice something's up" your argument Ponky, has nothing to do with Barkley validating our gripes. It has a lot to do with we're not the only ones who saw crappy officiating tonight. That doesn't necessarily mean, that was the cause of our loss, but it WAS indeed CRAPPY. Even on some other boards, non-fans were calling out the REFS, and singling out this game, not just the usual Homer-Ref Griping.

That wasn't a joke, he was comparing them to L.A. and Dallas women. He's always eyeing women and lets the viewers know about it. Anyway, the griping is like icing on the cake in this series.

Aside from that silliness, Barkley has dissed the Mavs for still not playiing D, for playing soft when people like Flip Saunders, Jeff Van Gundy, Magic Johnson have all commented on the difference between this year's Mavericks and the Mavericks from even a year ago. I don't put much stock into what he says, he's all fluffy entertainment.

SA210
05-16-2006, 04:27 AM
. Even on some other boards, non-fans were calling out the REFS, and singling out this game, not just the usual Homer-Ref Griping.
Exactly, feel free to go around and look at other boards.
We were robbed!!

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-16-2006, 04:34 AM
Exactly, feel free to go around and look at other boards.
We were robbed!!

get in line, many teams have been robbed in big playoff games. Its hard to 4get but it doesnt solve anything by worrying about it too much

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 04:34 AM
That wasn't a joke, he was comparing them to L.A. and Dallas women. He's always eyeing women and lets the viewers know about it. Anyway, the griping is like icing on the cake in this series.

Aside from that silliness, Barkley has dissed the Mavs for still not playiing D, for playing soft when people like Flip Saunders, Jeff Van Gundy, Magic Johnson have all commented on the difference between this year's Mavericks and the Mavericks from even a year ago. I don't put much stock into what he says, he's all fluffy entertainment.
I don't care if it wasn't a joke. That's his opinion so be it. I noticed a lot of Mavs fans always saying, "PLease PLEASE VALIDATE US BARKLEY" and then hating on his ass for refusing to give credit. Barkley's the kind of guy who loves to give cred where credit is due. I'm not saying you're one of those mavs fans who cares bout' Barkley's opinions. So far, your opinion is "tough" while Ours is "Hey what the fuck is up with the refs? let our boys play!" I'll admit we had our chance. We blew it. Mavs made less mistakes than the Spurs. They win again. BUT...at least acknowledge the fact that the officiating was called very TIGHTLY and Disruptively Than OTHER POSTSEASON GAMES. You don't even have to say it was the reason you beat us...but these games have been whistled to the extreme for some players.

ponky
05-16-2006, 04:41 AM
I don't care if it wasn't a joke. That's his opinion so be it. I noticed a lot of Mavs fans always saying, "PLease PLEASE VALIDATE US BARKLEY" and then hating on his ass for refusing to give credit. Barkley's the kind of guy who loves to give cred where credit is due. I'm not saying you're one of those mavs fans who cares bout' Barkley's opinions. So far, your opinion is "tough" while Ours is "Hey what the fuck is up with the refs? let our boys play!" I'll admit we had our chance. We blew it. Mavs made less mistakes than the Spurs. They win again. BUT...at least acknowledge the fact that the officiating was called very TIGHTLY and Disruptively Than OTHER POSTSEASON GAMES. You don't even have to say it was the reason you beat us...but these games have been whistled to the extreme for some players.

Maybe you misunderstood our ridicule of Barkley for wanting him to validate us. The officiating has been tight for every game in the playoffs this season and even though the whining in me wanted to come out for game 1, it didn't. Cheryl Miller asked Stern about the tough officiating and he didn't back down...this was NOT for this series, it was about the officiating in general during this year's playoffs. All I'm saying is that it's pussy to blame the refs for a loss. Complain about a couple of fouls, but just because they come at the end rather than the beginning (when we get screwed) doesn't mean that they shouldn't be called or not called. Refs make mistakes but in the end, it's pretty damn even.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Maybe you misunderstood our ridicule of Barkley for wanting him to validate us. The officiating has been tight for every game in the playoffs this season and even though the whining in me wanted to come out for game 1, it didn't. Cheryl Miller asked Stern about the tough officiating and he didn't back down...this was NOT for this series, it was about the officiating in general during this year's playoffs. All I'm saying is that it's pussy to blame the refs for a loss. Complain about a couple of fouls, but just because they come at the end rather than the beginning (when we get screwed) doesn't mean that they shouldn't be called or not called. Refs make mistakes but in the end, it's pretty damn even.
I don't understand. Having fouls called on Mavericks centers when they foul Duncan is getting screwed? It's more like the Spurs are getting screwed because they stop calling those fouls after the first quarter.

SilverPlayer
05-16-2006, 04:57 AM
You guys notice you brag about using 16 fouls on Duncan...and then complain that they get called. It's your entire freaking strategy to stop Duncan. You foul him. Your own coach brags about this. So did they magically stop fouling duncan in the fourth?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 05:03 AM
I've seen better No-Calls..Hell, even during the Miami game the next day I was saying to myself "Wow they're not calling a lot of things" since it was a deep contrast to GAME 3 in Dallas.. There was a lot of Physicality, and a lot of NO FOULS , from Vince Carter to Dwyane Wade, possible and 1's ignored etc...Hell they've been letting us play our games in the Sac-SA series with a lot of "No Calls" ...I'm not saying the refs aren't trying to even out their calls...but We could do without the TICKY-TACK fouls in this series and coddling Dirk every time he BUMPS Bowen out of the way.

refhater
05-16-2006, 05:11 AM
What's tough to swallow is that the Spurs have the best record in the west this year. They are the defending NBA Champions. They have three all-stars on their team. Dallas has one all-star on it's team. So we keep thinking year after year that at some point we're going to get the same calls the Lakers did when we were trying to overtake them. However, that's just not the case. I'm sure any Mav fan will admit that at the worst this series has been officiated evenly. Well that's not what the Spurs faced when we beat the Lakers. So it's really only cheating the Mavs. It's as simple as this, if Dirk drives and gets a call then Tim should get a call on his drive. If Dampier fouls on a shot then Rasho should get the same call. Devin Harris gets a three point play, Tony gets a three point play. I didn't see the Mavs get two delay of game penalties tonight. The other night Tony didn't get a trip call and Dirk did. Two all stars - should be the same call. Just be consistent and don't give free throws to win the game if he doesn't even shoot the ball!

picnroll
05-16-2006, 06:23 AM
You forgot to mention he was right.

T Park
05-16-2006, 08:06 AM
and the refs aren't even that biased towards the Mavs. It's just even

yeah that Bowen foul with 8 seconds left was "even handed"

Go away.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Barkley is a Mavs hater from way back...he's just whining like all of the Spurs fans...

dtk
05-16-2006, 08:14 AM
It's as simple as this, if Dirk drives and gets a call then Tim should get a call on his drive.
That is an absurd way to call a game. If there is a foul, the refs should call it.

If Dampier fouls on a shot then Rasho should get the same call.
Rasho would have to be in the game :lol

SpursStillTippin
05-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Barkley is a Mavs hater from way back...he's just whining like all of the Spurs fans...

Do you honestly sleep at night with the way those games are called? Seriously i have talked to mavs fans and even they have said the calls were going there way. If you NEED this series win to think your on the same level franchise wise as the spurs your mistaken

CubanMustGo
05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Kelly Dwyer of SI.com:

One thing worth noting is the fact that Erick Dampier has gotten away with pushing Tim Duncan out of the lane all series long. He leans into him while the guards drive, easing him out of defensive position with a bent forearm. Technically, Dampier can do what he's doing, because he's allowed to feign boxing out, or pretend to struggle for position when Duncan "fronts" (in quotation marks, because we know Tim has no interest in fronting Dampier in the post) him in the paint. Still, if the refs decide to change the way they call the play, the Mavs could find dashing toward the rim a little tougher during the next game or three.

This leads into the nasty subtext of the series, the one that suggests the Mavs have only accrued a 3-1 lead because of a series of calls that have gone in their favor. As usual, there were some real bum trips tonight, but Tim Duncan had a potentially game-winning jump hook to hit from eight feet as the final seconds ticked away in regulation, and Spurs fans can't ask for more than that.

It stinks horribly that Manu Ginobili (26 points in 26 minutes) had to foul out with 2:28 left in the game, especially on a dodgy call (Jason Terry leaned into Ginobili while shooting an 18 footer). And yet, it's Manu's stinkin' fault for trying to block a Jason Terry 3-pointer in the first place. If Ginobili closes out properly just seconds before, Terry isn't able to pump fake and drive his way to the free-throw line. Also, I can't recall seeing two delay of game penalties called in one game in years. To have two separate, if understandable, bouts of petulance come from the Spurs (both Ginobili and Brent Barry keeping the ball from the refs after horrible calls) was even more shocking. Bad refs or not, the Spurs should have risen above.

Yes, the Spurs should rise above all that crap. Let's try something new: let the MAVS try to rise above all that crap in the remaining three games and see how well they do.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Do you honestly sleep at night with the way those games are called? Seriously i have talked to mavs fans and even they have said the calls were going there way. If you NEED this series win to think your on the same level franchise wise as the spurs your mistaken

I slept great last night!! :lol

leemajors
05-16-2006, 08:23 AM

he's a basketball fan and hates to see games called like they are this postseason. he said the officiating has been horrible across the board in every game, every series. he just had a very nice example of horrible officiating to prove his point. the spurs definitely got beat in overtime, terry was huge. but the game should not have got to that point - dirk clears out bowen with his elbow twice, and gets a whistle to tie the game. that's total bullshit. i could kinda understand if he was attempting to get to the rim, you could file that under home cooking, but he wasn't being aggressive at all, and got bailed out. if he makes the shot, fine, but don't bail him out for being a pansy.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Such shit. The Spurs have to win every game twice, and if they don't they deserve to lose.

pache100
05-16-2006, 08:27 AM
The Spurs won the championship last year IN SPITE of the NBA, the referees, the media, and the Pistons. The league is very pissed at the Spurs because they upset their apple cart (Detroit repeating). They are determined that is not going to happen again, and we are witnessing a travesty (and EVERYONE is witnessing it, whether they admit it or not).

Such shit. The Spurs have to win every game twice, and if they don't they deserve to lose.

Yes, there are three teams on the floor every game, and the Spurs have to beat two of them to win. And one of those teams has the power to see to it that the Spurs don't beat the other basketball team...and that is exactly what they are doing.

pache100
05-16-2006, 08:30 AM

Bullshit, Barkley is not a "Mavs hater". That's preposterous. And, he is NOT a Spurs fan, never has been; he's a Ginobili fan, period. He never gave the Spurs the time of day until Ginobili came along. Charles is calling it like he sees it. If he had believed the officiating was fair, he would have either said so and that he didn't understand all the whining about it, or he would have just kept his mouth shut about it.

island_dude
05-16-2006, 08:32 AM
Chuck is just bitter because he's got a load of cash bet on the Spurs to win this series. Oh, but he never bets on basketball right? :lol

pache100
05-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Chuck is just bitter because he's got a load of cash bet on the Spurs to win this series. Oh, but he never bets on basketball right? :lol

Are you looking for a place to dump that load of horseshit? Because nobody here is buying.

Hook Dem
05-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Looks like Mark Cuban is a lot smarter than you Mav fans. When the series started, he blogged about how atrocious the refs were. In your eyes, did that make him a whiner as you love to say? Now that the scales have been tipped in the Mavs favor, there are crickets chirping on his blog. You guys want to win so bad that you have no sense of fairness. Would I take the wins under the same circumstances? You bet I would! However, I would not be trying to "pretend" that no such thing happened. Get off of it Mav fans! You "know" you are full of shit! You have a very good team but so do we. If only Mav fans had as much talent as their team! :flipoff

beefellington
05-16-2006, 08:56 AM
what foul?
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3689/spurswlo25af.gif

Shank
05-16-2006, 09:42 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading. Spurs fans here are all fucked. Blaming the refs? FOR THREE GAMES IN A ROW?? Seriously? Does your team ever lose on their own? They do - and for the first time this season, they've lost 3 in a row. To a better team.

Peri-fucking-od.

Fucking ungrateful, bangwagon, uneducated, pussified, fucking babies that can't take the idea that their team is about to bow out. Were you like this the other years where SA had a chance to repeat and failed?

You are being beaten by the Mavericks. A team that, no matter how hard you try to argue, are playing better and wanting it more than your Spurs right now. You can try to make all the bullshit anti-refs debates you want but your team still comes up short in the end. You honestly believe that 3 different refs in 3 different games with 3 different feels are going to intentionally call the game against San Antonio? One with the commissioner sitting just a few feet away in the stands??

Goons
05-16-2006, 09:48 AM
Fuck off.

We're spoiled because we do something the Mavs have never done? Win.

Give me a break kid.

No, you're whining like Mavs fans did when our team was losing... because you're doing something the Spurs haven't done in a while... lose.

CubanMustGo
05-16-2006, 09:50 AM
No, you're whining like Mavs fans did when our team was losing... because you're doing something the Spurs haven't done in a while... lose.

http://entomology.unl.edu/images/cockroaches/wd_roaches.jpg

fyatuk
05-16-2006, 09:52 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading. Spurs fans here are all fucked. Blaming the refs? FOR THREE GAMES IN A ROW?? Seriously? Does your team ever lose on their own? They do - and for the first time this season, they've lost 3 in a row. To a better team.

Peri-fucking-od.

Fucking ungrateful, bangwagon, uneducated, pussified, fucking babies that can't take the idea that their team is about to bow out. Were you like this the other years where SA had a chance to repeat and failed?

You are being beaten by the Mavericks. A team that, no matter how hard you try to argue, are playing better and wanting it more than your Spurs right now. You can try to make all the bullshit anti-refs debates you want but your team still comes up short in the end. You honestly believe that 3 different refs in 3 different games with 3 different feels are going to intentionally call the game against San Antonio? One with the commissioner sitting just a few feet away in the stands??

Still don't think the Mavs are a better team, but they are playing excellent ball and have taken the Spurs completely out of their game. I don't blame the refs for any of the losses, just think it was really bad officiating. In 2 of the 3 losses the Spurs had a chance to win and just didn't execute.

nkdlunch
05-16-2006, 09:55 AM
I went to bed thinking, wonder if Barkley mentiones the horrible officiating. wow he did!

menono
05-16-2006, 10:14 AM

Yeah, ask TP how easy FTs are to make. Boxing out and rebounding the ball is easy too. Heck, making an inbound pass is easy. Hmmm, who's this Harris kid making the mighty Spurs look like the Griz?

Don't you think other owners/franchises complain about the refs? Some not so public as others. Cuban's an idiot and rookie owner. He's got all you Spurs fan hating his team because of his freaking mop of a hairdo.

I don't know!

mFFL03
05-16-2006, 10:34 AM
tell me how many rings has barkley won? what exactly makes him so credible to give b-ball advice?

exactly....zero, zilch, nil, none. I could care less what this gambling idiot says. Just cuz he bet on the spurs and it's not working out....

Lets not forget that our centers fouled out last night. FOULED OUT, we had noone left to play that position, well mbenga was there, but he is a working project.

Oh and lets not forget SPURS HAD A CHANCE TO WIN. funny how we don't have a "screw duncan" thread, because he lost you the game.

Did you really think the spurs had more gas to use up in OT? I didn't think so.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:36 AM
tell me how many rings has barkley won? what exactly makes him so credible to give b-ball advice?

exactly....zero, zilch, nil, none. I could care less what this gambling idiot says. Just cuz he bet on the spurs and it's not working out....

Lets not forget that our centers fouled out last night. FOULED OUT, we had noone left to play that position, well mbenga was there, but he is a working project.

Oh and lets not forget SPURS HAD A CHANCE TO WIN. funny how we don't have a "screw duncan" thread, because he lost you the game.

Did you really think the spurs had more gas to use up in OT? I didn't think so.

[quote]rings don't matter now

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Damn would you stupid Mavs fans forget the stupid Barkley gambling shit, y'all's conspiracy theories are hypocritical and just damn silly. And even though he doesn't have a ring, he still has a lot more legitimacy to comment than any of you "people"...how many rings have YOU won that weren't out of the Wal-Mart quarter machine? Damn.

mFFL03
05-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Damn would you stupid Mavs fans forget the stupid Barkley gambling shit, y'all's conspiracy theories are hypocritical and just damn silly. And even though he doesn't have a ring, he still has a lot more legitimacy to comment than any of you "people"...how many rings have YOU won that weren't out of the Wal-Mart quarter machine? Damn.

clean up your language then talk to me.

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 10:46 AM
:rolleyes weak dude. Seriously.

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Damn would you stupid Mavs fans forget the stupid Barkley gambling shit, y'all's conspiracy theories are hypocritical and just damn silly.

You mean like the one where Stern and the entire NBA are against the Spurs so they're intentionally having the refs call the games ONLY in the favor of the Mavs? Like that theory?

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2006, 10:49 AM

It will be interesting to see if Stern adds insult to injury today and fines Tim for not having his shirt tail tucked in.

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
You mean like the one where Stern and the entire NBA are against the Spurs so they're intentionally having the refs call the games ONLY in the favor of the Mavs? Like that theory?

Yes, like that theory, retard. That's my whole point. Y'all come in here deploring the some (a small minority not including myself) that believe these games are rigged. And then you bust out this Barkley conspiracy gambling shit. It's stupid. Clean up your logic before you talk to me. We've addressed all this stuff earlier in the thread if you care to read.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Kelly Dwyer of SI.com:

One thing worth noting is the fact that Erick Dampier has gotten away with pushing Tim Duncan out of the lane all series long. He leans into him while the guards drive, easing him out of defensive position with a bent forearm. Technically, Dampier can do what he's doing, because he's allowed to feign boxing out, or pretend to struggle for position when Duncan "fronts" (in quotation marks, because we know Tim has no interest in fronting Dampier in the post) him in the paint. Still, if the refs decide to change the way they call the play, the Mavs could find dashing toward the rim a little tougher during the next game or three.

This leads into the nasty subtext of the series, the one that suggests the Mavs have only accrued a 3-1 lead because of a series of calls that have gone in their favor. As usual, there were some real bum trips tonight, but Tim Duncan had a potentially game-winning jump hook to hit from eight feet as the final seconds ticked away in regulation, and Spurs fans can't ask for more than that.

It stinks horribly that Manu Ginobili (26 points in 26 minutes) had to foul out with 2:28 left in the game, especially on a dodgy call (Jason Terry leaned into Ginobili while shooting an 18 footer). And yet, it's Manu's stinkin' fault for trying to block a Jason Terry 3-pointer in the first place. If Ginobili closes out properly just seconds before, Terry isn't able to pump fake and drive his way to the free-throw line. Also, I can't recall seeing two delay of game penalties called in one game in years. To have two separate, if understandable, bouts of petulance come from the Spurs (both Ginobili and Brent Barry keeping the ball from the refs after horrible calls) was even more shocking. Bad refs or not, the Spurs should have risen above.

Yes, the Spurs should rise above all that crap. Let's try something new: let the MAVS try to rise above all that crap in the remaining three games and see how well they do.

Look I can selectively quote things too :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:51 AM
:rolleyes weak dude. Seriously.

Yeah, the language call out on the internet, is about as bad as correcting spelling

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Especially when all you say is "damn"...oooooh, soooo dirty. :rolleyes

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Yes, like that theory, retard. That's my whole point. Y'all come in here deploring the some (a small minority not including myself) that believe these games are rigged. And then you bust out this Barkley conspiracy gambling shit. It's stupid. Clean up your logic before you talk to me. We've addressed all this stuff earlier in the thread if you care to read.

Where did I say anything about Barkley gambling? That was ONE person that said that unlike the dozens that have been touting the theory I proposed.

"Clean up your logic before you talk to me". And just who the fuck are you, exactly?

SA210
05-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Someone on the Spurs needs to get fined. Now!

Say something. Stop with the hints, just flat out say it, This could cost us our entire season on bs calls.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Someone on the Spurs needs to get fined. Now!

Say something. Stop with the hints, just flat out say it, This could cost us our entire season on bs calls.

They won't say anything to the media, it's called class.

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:59 AM

You're right. Duncan's crybaby 5-word postgame presser just reeked of class. Bowen yelling directly at the commissioner is nothing but class. Pop dropping little lines about the officials after the past 3 games is all class.

SpurCapita
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Where did I say anything about Barkley gambling? That was ONE person that said that unlike the dozens that have been touting the theory I proposed.

"Clean up your logic before you talk to me". And just who the fuck are you, exactly?

The whole point was that you brought up the Spurs fans' conspiracy against the refs. The point is that it's just as stupid as Mavs Fans' (postulated now by at least mFFL and DubMcDub...that's more than 1, and they are in several different threads now) fantasies about Barkley. I never said you believed that Barkley gambles on the Spurs, your comment just was the point I was making about how silly all these theories are. And the clean up your logic thing was directed at mFFL...the parallelism makes the target kinda obvious.

nkdlunch
05-16-2006, 11:01 AM
You're right. Duncan's crybaby 5-word postgame presser just reeked of class. Bowen yelling directly at the commissioner is nothing but class. Pop dropping little lines about the officials after the past 3 games is all class.

link?

Trainwreck2100

I saw Pops, and I say he was calling out the team for missed FTs and two bad inbounds plays.

GermationSensation

So whining all game long on the court, taking the ball and running away from the refs after a call, hints being dropped left and right by players and coaches, Timmy "can't hit a game winner" Duncans crybaby press conference, Bowen whining to Stern in the crowd, this is class? :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 11:03 AM
So whining all game long on the court, taking the ball and running away from the refs after a call, hints being dropped left and right by players and coaches, Timmy "can't hit a game winner" Duncans crybaby press conference, Bowen whining to Stern in the crowd, this is class? :lol

More class than Cuban's Avery's, Mav fans.

Shank
05-16-2006, 11:03 AM
link?

Do you not follow your own team? Everyone here knows what I'm talking about.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Do you not follow your own team? Everyone here knows what I'm talking about.

Not everyone watches the post game.

Shank
05-16-2006, 11:10 AM
I'll give you a brief recap then -

After the Game 4 loss, Duncan sits in on the usual postgame presser. He utters short, pissy answers. Something totaling 8-10 words. Parker and Ginobili were "unavailable". Now, before you go off and say that "they don't have to speak" to the media. In the 100 or so games that have been played this season, how many times were they magically not available or particularly snippy when speaking to the media?

DURING the game when objecting a call, Bruce Bowen looks in Commissioner David Stern's way and yells something about the "terrible" officiating. This isn't a coach or some ref or a statkeeper, this is the Commissioner of the entire NBA. You don't lose your cool and do that during a game.

ballhog
05-16-2006, 01:50 PM
It's funny to me how I have not heard one Dallas fan say that they indeed have been the beneficiaries of some tough calls against the Spurs.

You never played defense before, that's why the Mavs couldn't get over the hump. Still the best pickup in the off-season, though.....Dick Bavetta.

DarrinS
05-16-2006, 01:54 PM
You never played defense before, that's why the Mavs couldn't get over the hump. Still the best pickup in the off-season, though.....Dick Bavetta.

:lol

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 01:56 PM
I guess you also missed the reporters interviewing Bowen after the game and asking him about that foul. He said that guys should be shooting in such big games and not be getting sent to the line.

Good job, Bruce! Thank you!

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 02:00 PM
I like how Mavs fans attack the messenger, cause there's no way they can attack the message. That was a ridiculous call at the end of a playoff game, and they don't make that anywhere else in the league. That just doesn't happen.

And apparently Duncan isn't allowed to be upset that the refs just got finished stealing two games from him and his team.

Sasha
05-16-2006, 02:08 PM

I thought he was a Suns fan that appreciated Spurs basketball. Anyway, the main thing I've heard him say (several times) is that whoever took Game 4 would take the championship.

That sounds pretty unbiased to me.

GermationSensation
05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
I like how Mavs fans attack the messenger, cause there's no way they can attack the message. That was a ridiculous call at the end of a playoff game, and they don't make that anywhere else in the league. That just doesn't happen.

And apparently Duncan isn't allowed to be upset that the refs just got finished stealing two games from him and his team.

We can attack it just fine. Whether or not you guys want to listen is a different story.

Yea, you can sit here all day and say "oh bubub that foul shouldn't be called" but if Diop had slapped Duncans arm on his final shot and made him lose control of the ball you'd be whining about there being no call. Slapping someone on the arm and making them lose control of the ball = a foul. Shit I learned this in fucking elementary school P.E. basketball :lol

Sasha
05-16-2006, 02:24 PM

That's interesting. I haven't heard that theory anywhere. :rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Kenny Smith agreed 100% with Charles' comments, and said the same thing about the poor officiating, just did not say "the refs sucked"

Winnipeg_Spur
05-16-2006, 02:30 PM
We can attack it just fine. Whether or not you guys want to listen is a different story.

Yea, you can sit here all day and say "oh bubub that foul shouldn't be called" but if Diop had slapped Duncans arm on his final shot and made him lose control of the ball you'd be whining about there being no call. Slapping someone on the arm and making them lose control of the ball = a foul. Shit I learned this in fucking elementary school P.E. basketball :lol
But Bowen didn't slap Dirk on the arm, and I don't think it's too hard to see he didn't make him lose control of the ball.

Islymore
05-16-2006, 02:31 PM
My only problem with all of this...

The refs had bad officiating in every game this series... On both ends of the courts, against/for both teams. Nobody can say any different. At the end of all the bad officiating, the Spurs have always been known to prevail. Balls just didnt fall right the last two games. All it took was two shots. Horrys and Duncans and the series could easily be 3-1 in favor of the Spurs.

All the talk about the refs... is getting the fans nowhere. The conspiracy theories.. equate to nothing but bitter fans. There's always a conspiracy in the midst of a great series. And that is what this is.

None of the Spur fans will admit when they had obviously crappy calls in their favor, just like the Mav fans wont. But all of us know this game is being called unfairly 80% of the time. It all boils down to who wants the win despite the refs being against them.

I will give you this game - I was at it and a lot wasnt what it seemed, but in comparing it to the other 3 games, officiating has been shitty all the way thru this series. And nobody really complains about it unless their team is on the bad end of the stick.

Doesnt that ever get boring? Dont ppl get tired of using the same argument time after time? So the Spurs are down 2 games, I know Im not thinking the Mavs have a free walk to the Conf Finals and I dont think REAL Mavs fans are. All it takes is a win for the Spurs to be right back in the door. It's up to the Mavs to figure out a way to take the Spurs or the Spurs to kick the Mavs off this pedestal ppl have put them on suddenly. One win is all it takes.

Sorry to rant.

Duncan was asked 2 questions in the post game. The first answer he gave pretty quickly, rambled "One play either way, one call either way, whatever it may be, it came down to that..." But his demeanor was anger. There was another question asked about fouls and he simply said "No." Exited in a huff, end of interview. Max it was less than a minute.

(And how can Mav fans not know who Olajuwon is --- in response to an earlier post... Im sayin' any fan of bball would.)

Jimcs50
05-16-2006, 02:34 PM

Watch the replay!!!! He did not slap him on the arm....numbnuts.

Damn, Dallas fans are really stupid pieces of shit. First they boo a player like Finley who was a huge part of raising the team from 10 straight 20-30 win seasons. Now they can not even admit that the Mavs totally did not deserve to win that game last night because the refs gave them the game, plain as day.

ponky
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM

Damn, Dallas fans are really stupid pieces of shit. First they boo a player like Finley who was a huge part of raising the team from 10 straight 20-30 win seasons. Now they can not even admit that the Mavs totally did not deserve to win that game last night because the refs gave them the game, plain as day.

Pathetic. Who the f*ck cheers a guy who can rain 3s on you and win the game for the opposing team? I will cheer Finley when we raise his number to the rafters, not during a heated playoff game. Spurs fans are really pathetic right now just because they're losing. Let's not blame it on the problems with the team/coaching tactics, let's blame it on the refs, that's easier. You don't deserve shit...except for maybe another loss. Oh yeah, keep up the whining, I'm reading it out loud to my Mavs friends right now, it's good entertainment.

Shank
05-16-2006, 02:48 PM

http://ideashak.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Pathetic. Who the f*ck cheers a guy who can rain 3s on you and win the game for the opposing team? I will cheer Finley when we raise his number to the rafters, not during a heated playoff game. Spurs fans are really pathetic right now just because they're losing. Let's not blame it on the problems with the team/coaching tactics, let's blame it on the refs, that's easier. You don't deserve shit...except for maybe another loss. Oh yeah, keep up the whining, I'm reading it out loud to my Mavs friends right now, it's good entertainment.

Little OT, next time you quote us on Mavtalk, please vget it right. I can't believe you put the we want Bennete Salvatore.

SA210
05-16-2006, 02:51 PM

Mark Cuban, what are you doing here?

pache100
05-16-2006, 03:05 PM

Mark Cuban, what are you doing here?

:lol

Sasha
05-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Duncan was asked 2 questions in the post game. The first answer he gave pretty quickly, rambled "One play either way, one call either way, whatever it may be, it came down to that..." But his demeanor was anger. There was another question asked about fouls and he simply said "No." Exited in a huff, end of interview. Max it was less than a minute. [I]

I would like to have seen that - I missed it. But TD is famous for hating to talk to the press and I've seen him many times (like Pop) act like he's pissed at the world or bored silly. I imagine last night it was just more than he could handle.

I don't blame him. It was more than I could handle, too.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 03:31 PM
all i gotta say is if any team shoots 43 fts in game 2 and then 50 in game 3 its going to be hard to win the game...and when ur shooting freethrows in ur own gym as potenintal game tying or gamewinners....mavs....champs.......david stern giving mark cuban a ring????....im sry but get the fuck outta here

Shank
05-16-2006, 03:32 PM
all i gotta say is if any team shoots 43 fts in game 2 and then 50 in game 3 its going to be hard to win the game...and when ur shooting freethrows in ur own gym as potenintal game tying or gamewinners....mavs....champs.......david stern giving mark cuban a ring????....im sry but get the fuck outta here

Tell your PGs not to let their man blow by them. And then tell Pop to play a fucking center and this wouldn't happen/

Spurologist
05-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Duncan was asked 2 questions in the post game. The first answer he gave pretty quickly, rambled "One play either way, one call either way, whatever it may be, it came down to that..." But his demeanor was anger. There was another question asked about fouls and he simply said "No." Exited in a huff, end of interview. Max it was less than a minute. [I]

I would like to have seen that - I missed it. But TD is famous for hating to talk to the press and I've seen him many times (like Pop) act like he's pissed at the world or bored silly. I imagine last night it was just more than he could handle.

I don't blame him. It was more than I could handle, too.

That's why there is the internets.

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/press_conf/playoffs_pc_sasdal_060515.asx

Pop at 6:50
TD at 14:10

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Tell your PGs not to let their man blow by them. And then tell Pop to play a fucking center and this wouldn't happen/
Tell your owner to complain fairly about the refs.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 03:38 PM
ya thats great....like i said tho...u may win the series....but the mavs fan dont realize the reality...YOU ARE NOT WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP.....like i said already mark cuban...coulndt buy a diamond ring from mr stern even if he really wanted to

Shank
05-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Tell your owner to complain fairly about the refs.

http://kimsal.com/rabbit_pancake.jpg

nkdlunch
05-16-2006, 03:39 PM
It's not often that NBA commissioner David Stern hears criticism of his referees during a playoff game.

But it happened Monday night.

From both teams.

Stern occupied a mid-court seat just behind the floor-level press section for Game 4 in Dallas.

That made him easy to spot for Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who shouted his displeasure in Stern's direction during a run of questionable whistles in the third quarter. Stern did not appear to acknowledge the complaints.

Something similar happened late in the fourth quarter, when San Antonio's Bruce Bowen was called for a foul on Dirk Nowitzki with 8.5 seconds left in regulation and the Mavericks trailing by two.

As Nowitzki set about sinking his two game-tying free throws, an incredulous Bowen faced Stern's section and could be heard shouting: "This is terrible."

The Spurs were fuming coming in after the call that fouled out Tim Duncan in Game 3. Their frustration only rose after a ragged Game 4 in which Manu Ginobili fouled out, prompting Charles Barkley to blast the refs on San Antonio's behalf from the TNT set.

Stern's seat, incidentally, was in a section typically reserved for Eva Longoria when the Spurs are at American Airlines Center.

Tony Parker's girlfriend was moved to higher-up seats on the opposite side of the floor to accomodate Stern and new NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver.

-- Marc Stein in Dallas

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
damn i miss mj23

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
he never fouled anyone ;)

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Duncan was asked 2 questions in the post game. The first answer he gave pretty quickly, rambled "One play either way, one call either way, whatever it may be, it came down to that..." But his demeanor was anger. There was another question asked about fouls and he simply said "No." Exited in a huff, end of interview. Max it was less than a minute.

Let's not blow that out of proportion. Tim sat down and was asked two questions. One was about how he felt about the fact that the Spurs had lost two close games in Dallas. The other was whether he was upset about free-throw shooting down the stretch. He answered both questions. Is he supposed to expound for several minutes to discuss the philosophical underpinnings of basketball that brought the writers to ask those questions? He answered the questions.

Should he have made up a statement and offered that up? That would be fairly unique for a player to do in that circumstance. Coaches do it, but most players don't -- and particularly not players on the losing team.

Should he have provoked more questions? Would that have made you happy?

He then waited on the podium until someone asked if there were any other questions. He left when there were none. He was upset -- his team had lost another close game and, I'm sure, felt as though it had gotten the short end of a long stick that has often been used by reigning champions to beat them in the past. It's understandable that he was disappointed and when nobody had any other questions for him, it's understandable that he would choose to get out of that room and get on his way home.

coachmac87
05-16-2006, 03:48 PM
man i realiize why the spurs are not winning a ring this year....nobody buys those damn si collectables and who wants to see a dynasty from san antonio anyways....i hate david stern...go spurs

td4mvp21
05-16-2006, 04:12 PM
http://kimsal.com/rabbit_pancake.jpg

Man, you've posted almost every pictuer from the internet. Oh, you forgot the one of Dirk's vagina! Where's that one?

Shank
05-16-2006, 04:15 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20030428/greg_popovich_63329.jpg

Dirk's vagina.

Been fucked three straight times.

wildbill2u
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM

Duncan gets every single call his way. While Dirk gets mugged half the time without a call.

I'm visiting in Dallas this week and even one of the local Dallas sportscastere showed some of the bad calls from the Sat. game against the Spurs and made some sly references as to how Cuban wouldn't be calling the refs names anymore.

A long time Mav player, Ron Harper also allowed as how the Mavs got some breaks.

Nevertheless, we've lost a couple of close games and will probably lose the series.

Rick Von Braun
05-16-2006, 05:34 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20030428/greg_popovich_63329.jpg

Dirk's vagina.

Been fucked three straight times.

Dirk's was fucked three straight times!

Whoaa... do you have pictures?

aaronstampler
05-16-2006, 05:34 PM

Um...you still don't play D. We shot 54% last night and the refs didn't bail us out with FTs every time we missed. Our big three got into the lane with zero problems all night. You let Ginobili score 26 in 27 mins, and he can't even jump this year. You let an injured Tony Parker get 33 and an injured Duncan get 28 or whatever it was. You're still _ALLAS.

Shank
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Dirk's was fucked three straight times!

Whoaa... do you have pictures?

Can you read?

doldrums
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Not just Barkley, Charley Rosen(Fox Sports) called the Bowen foul, the wrong call at the wrong time and staed that Nowitzki pushed him equally. Many commentators are mentioning it as well as many ESPN sports commentators who questioned a few calls down the stretch and why they all went against 1 team. These are not upset Spurs fans but upset NBA fans.

Rick Von Braun
05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Can you read?

Nope... this is why I asked for pictures :lol

doldrums
05-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Here's what charley Rosen wrote:

However, where he was awarded 21 free throws in Game 3, Nowitzki still made 15 appearances on the stripe in Game 4 (making 14). Nowitzki used all of his familiar tricks to great advantage: Drives both right and left. Fakes and pulls. Spins and lefty flips.

In the fourth quarter and beyond, Nowitzki was defended by Bowen, his old nemesis, and was effectively contained—except for one of the most critical plays in the game: The Spurs led by two with the clock ticking down in the fourth quarter, when the Mavs ran Nowitzki into the high-post and let him go one-on-one against Bowen. Nowtizki drove left while keeping Bowen at bay with a hostile right elbow, and Bowen responded in kind—with neither player thusly gaining an advantage. It was nothing more than an instance of dueling elbows that's commonly seen in playoff competition, especially in crunch-time. The referees, however, tooted Bowen for a foul, thereby allowing Nowitzki to tie the game at the foul-line.

A bad call at a bad time.

It should also be noted that while Nowitzki's 12 shots were abetted by 15 free throws, Duncan took 23 shots and was only rewarded 8 free throws. Overall, Nowitzki had 9 rebounds, 3 assists, and 28 quiet points.

Shank
05-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Nope... this is why I asked for pictures :lol

Let's see. Someone before you asked for a picture of Dirk's vagina. I posted one of Pop and labeled that it/he had been fucked three straight times. Somewhere in there, you skipped a step. But I'll help you out - I inferred that Pop is Dirk's vagina.

FromWayDowntown
05-16-2006, 05:52 PM
So you're saying Dirk has a vagina, then?

I mean, I see where you're going, but I think the notion cuts against you somehow.

What we all know is that Dirk has a forearm and that NBA officials will allow him to use that forearm to gain offensive advantage while calling a touch foul on a defender who tries to negate that advantage.

I'm much more concerned with Dirk's forearm than I am with his vagina.

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Does anyone have video of Charles saying that?

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm not even mad. I'm really truely just sad and feel the upmost sincerity towards the Spurs players for playing such great ball and not being treated fair.

belac2006
05-16-2006, 06:14 PM
You Dallas fans are just a bunch of overconfident pieces of turds
who cant admit to what actually took place, yeah say what you wanna say about the Spurs having there chances bla bla bla......bicker all you want.
The point is that the game did not have to come to the point to where the officials pulled your fag of a team out of a hole...but they did especially on that last BS call on Bruce Bowen. This game should've been decided purely on its merits...but it was not. So quit Bullshitting yourselves!

jn77
05-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Somewhere on this thread I read a post by a Mavs fan that said the officials are keeping the Spurs in this series. Are you high? If it weren't for the piss poor officiating the spurs would be up three to one and we would be talking aboout the next series instead of what Dirk gets away with. I don't mean to get personal, I know that the Mavs have been on the short end once and a while, but the timing of the bad calls is the crucial factor here. The mavs have never been on the short end while defending a championship. Two games lost on account of ridiculous officiating, but the refs are keeping the spurs in the series :rolleyes Bottom line mavs fans Timmy is keeping us in the series no matter how the refs are trying to hold him, and the rest of the guys down. Spurs in Seven!!

tetasfromtejas
05-16-2006, 07:16 PM

riiiiiggght and this coming from a team that has an owner who walks around with a fucking bib wiping the drool off after he complains about the officiating.
All that dickwad does is stomp his feet and complain :madrun

thats why his show tanked, who gives a fuck about an asshole like him and his boring ass tantrums. He is so UNORIGINAL its pathetic.

jamezyjamez
05-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Bottom line mavs fans Timmy is keeping us in the series no matter how the refs are trying to hold him, and the rest of the guys down. Spurs in Seven!!

Don't think the other Spurs need anyone holding them down. Seem to be doing just fine at that on their own. Refs are bad - always have been, always will be. This has been the best series I've ever seen (too little to remember those LAL-BOS series very well). The deeper and better team is winning...it's that simple.

Shank
05-16-2006, 07:21 PM
riiiiiggght and this coming from a team that has an owner who walks around with a fucking bib wiping the drool off after he complains about the officiating.
All that dickwad does is stomp his feet and complain :madrun

thats why his show tanked, who gives a fuck about an asshole like him and his boring ass tantrums. He is so UNORIGINAL its pathetic.

Show me one link, one sentence where Cuban has said a single word about the officiating in this or the Memphis series. And before you go get the post from Cuban's blog, I'll cut you off and tell you that he wrote that before the playoffs even started and it wasn't specific to one team.

"that's why his show tanked". Wow. You're really reaching.

Leetonidas
05-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Don't think the other Spurs need anyone holding them down. Seem to be doing just fine at that on their own. Refs are bad - always have been, always will be. This has been the best series I've ever seen (too little to remember those LAL-BOS series very well). The deeper and better team is winning...it's that simple.

I don't think the Mavs are better, but I think their depth is helping them. Along with their youth.

It's more of an even match. If one call goes the Spurs way, we win. It comes down to that. These teams are pretty damn evenly matched. The way Game 3 was, Game 4 shouldn't have ended the same way. A 2-2 series is much more enticing than a 3-1 series.

Sway
05-16-2006, 07:57 PM
"Barkley is a Mavs hater from way back...he's just whining like all of the Spurs fans..."

Barkley isnt a "Mavs hater"...I will however agree that he may be a "Dirk" hater. Everyone knows Barkley doesnt like big men that lack toughness.

spur4life
05-16-2006, 08:53 PM

You don't necessarily have to win a ring to be a gret basketballer...besides he is a HOFer....it shows that you are a basketball novice!!

DubMcDub
05-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Barkley is a gambling addict who suffers from severe postgame ups and downs depending on whether or not the bets he took won each particular night.

Who the fuck cares what he says.

jmard5
05-16-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm visiting in Dallas this week and even one of the local Dallas sportscastere showed some of the bad calls from the Sat. game against the Spurs and made some sly references as to how Cuban wouldn't be calling the refs names anymore.

A long time Mav player, Ron Harper also allowed as how the Mavs got some breaks.

Nevertheless, we've lost a couple of close games and will probably lose the series.

I just don't get it. Really.

San Antonio knows it. The whole world have seen it. Other teams' fans acknowledged it. Sport sites printed it. Heck, now even some Dallas local sportscasters mentioned it.

Now why won't you Mavs fans trolling here just admit it.

belac2006
05-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Show me one link, one sentence where Cuban has said a single word about the officiating in this or the Memphis series. And before you go get the post from Cuban's blog, I'll cut you off and tell you that he wrote that before the playoffs even started and it wasn't specific to one team.

"that's why his show tanked". Wow. You're really reaching.

You fucking idiotic ignorant piece of shit Mav-shit fan...take a look at this article by Marc Stein!

It's not often that NBA commissioner David Stern hears criticism of his referees during a playoff game.

But it happened Monday night. Stern occupied a mid-court seat just behind the floor-level press section for Game 4 in Dallas.

That made him easy to spot for Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who shouted his displeasure in Stern's direction during a run of questionable whistles in the third quarter. Stern did not appear to acknowledge the complaints.

Stern's seat, incidentally, was in a section typically reserved for Eva Longoria when the Spurs are at American Airlines Center.

Tony Parker's girlfriend was moved to higher-up seats on the opposite side of the floor to accomodate Stern and new NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver.

-- Marc Stein in Dallas

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:14 PM
You fucking idiotic ignorant piece of shit Mav-shit fan...take a look at this article by Marc Stein!

But it happened Monday night. Stern occupied a mid-court seat just behind the floor-level press section for Game 4 in Dallas.

-- Marc Stein in Dallas

Wow, way to do a hack job on Stein's article. You left out the part about the fact that bad calls went both ways...shall I post it for you? He never once mentioned bad calls favoring the Mavs.

HERE IT IS, the relevant part:

The Spurs actually started far sharper Monday night than they did in Saturday's 104-103 disappointment. They rediscovered Tony Parker, who finally shook off his twin thigh bruises to go back at Harris and register a slump-busting 33 points, his career playoff high. They even seemed poised to survive Manu Ginobili's sixth foul with 2:28 to play and a string of questionable whistles that enraged both teams at various points. Yet when Duncan couldn't convert with a jump hook over Dampier at the regulation buzzer, you could sense that the Spurs -- increasingly looking more creaky than experienced -- wouldn't be able to keep up for five more minutes.

OH YES, YOU FORGOT THIS PART FROM THE SECTION IN WHICH YOU TOOK THE ABOVE EXCERPT:

Something similar happened late in the fourth quarter, when San Antonio's Bruce Bowen was called for a foul on Dirk Nowitzki with 8.5 seconds left in regulation and the Mavericks trailing by two.

As Nowitzki set about sinking his two game-tying free throws, an incredulous Bowen faced Stern's section and could be heard shouting: "This is terrible."
-----------------------------------

BTW, Cuban was at the game as a fan, he wasn't speaking to the media, he was yelling about calls like most fans do at the game. Kinda like when the Spurs went all puerile and started screaming "Javie sucks"

Shank
05-16-2006, 09:19 PM

-- Marc Stein in Dallas

I believe you were already called out on this, Nancy. Marc Stein made one fucking note about this in over 2 weeks of playoff play. You really think Cuban was the only one yelling at Stern during Monday night's game?

You and all your pussy Spurs friends HONESTLY FUCKING BELIEVE THAT THE GAMES ARE BEING RIGGED IN THE MAVS FAVOR? THAT'S HOW YOU THINK, YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT? Take a step back and look at yourself for the sniveling, cocksucking piece of dogshit you really are. Pull your fucking head out of your ass.

SPARKY
05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
The Mavs have been whining about the refs for years. Spurs fans question Nowitzki getting 50 FTs over 3 games and they're the whiners? Please. Mavs fan doesn't even know their own team if they think the complaints of Spurs fans are somehow beyond the pale.

smeagol
05-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Barkley is a gambling addict who suffers from severe postgame ups and downs depending on whether or not the bets he took won each particular night.

Who the fuck cares what he says.
Sure, you don't like what he says so he is an addict.

Stupid troll.

belac2006
05-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Wow, way to do a hack job on Stein's article. You left out the part about the fact that bad calls went both ways...shall I post it for you? He never once mentioned bad calls favoring the Mavs.

HERE IT IS, the relevant part:

The Spurs actually started far sharper Monday night than they did in Saturday's 104-103 disappointment. They rediscovered Tony Parker, who finally shook off his twin thigh bruises to go back at Harris and register a slump-busting 33 points, his career playoff high. They even seemed poised to survive Manu Ginobili's sixth foul with 2:28 to play and a string of questionable whistles that enraged both teams at various points. Yet when Duncan couldn't convert with a jump hook over Dampier at the regulation buzzer, you could sense that the Spurs -- increasingly looking more creaky than experienced -- wouldn't be able to keep up for five more minutes.

OH YES, YOU FORGOT THIS PART FROM THE SECTION IN WHICH YOU TOOK THE ABOVE EXCERPT:

BTW, Cuban was at the game as a fan, he was speaking to the media, he was probably yelling about calls like most fans do at the game. Kinda like when the Spurs went all puerile and started screaming "Javie sucks"

Hey ponky, I was responding to Shanks BS quote about Mark Cuban not crying about the officiating when in fact he has......is this news to you?
I mean Mark Cuban has NEVER EVER complained about officiating ,RIGHT??!!??!! Dumb-ass, by the way.............

Your Mav-chics R losing tomorrow.

Shank
05-16-2006, 09:27 PM
The Mavs have been whining about the refs for years. Spurs fans question Nowitzki getting 50 FTs over 3 games and they're the whiners? Please. Mavs fan doesn't even know their own team if they think the complaints of Spurs fans are somehow beyond the pale.

It's not just the whining. Every team and every player has whined.

It's the idea that a large number of Spurs fans seem to think these guys are the 2006 version of the Black Sox. That the refs are somehow paid off. That the league is rigged in Dallas' favor. It's sheer insanity and frankly, quite pathetic. After any of Dallas' 3 wins, have you seen anyone saying "Good game, Dallas. You beat us where it mattered". No. It's been refs, refs, refs since the last whistle blew in Game 2. It is making the entire Spurs fanbase look bad - and not just on this board.

belac2006
05-16-2006, 09:36 PM
I believe you were already called out on this, Nancy. Marc Stein made one fucking note about this in over 2 weeks of playoff play. You really think Cuban was the only one yelling at Stern during Monday night's game?

You and all your pussy Spurs friends HONESTLY FUCKING BELIEVE THAT THE GAMES ARE BEING RIGGED IN THE MAVS FAVOR? THAT'S HOW YOU THINK, YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF SHIT? Take a step back and look at yourself for the sniveling, cocksucking piece of dogshit you really are. Pull your fucking head out of your ass.

Thats it, is that all you've got??? If you're gonna bring it then bring it you bastard SOB...talk to me about Basketball...dont talk to me about how you spend your days Bitch....

p.s. by the way, you guys R losing tomorrow....fruitcake

SequSpur
05-16-2006, 09:38 PM
The Spurs are losing because of small ball (s).

STFU already.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Little OT, next time you quote us on Mavtalk, please vget it right. I can't believe you put the we want Bennete Salvatore.

this needs to be said`

Shank
05-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Thats it, is that all you've got??? If you're gonna bring it then bring it you bastard SOB...talk to me about Basketball...dont talk to me about how you spend your days Bitch....

p.s. by the way, you guys R losing tomorrow....fruitcake

Talk to you about basketball? Talk to some guy that use "R" in place of the oh-so-difficult-to-type "are" about the game of basketball? Why would I want to do that? Are you going to teach me something? Wouldn't your time be better spent updating your Myspace or waiting for your balls to drop?

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Talk to you about basketball? Talk to some guy that use "R" in place of the oh-so-difficult-to-type "are" about the game of basketball? Why would I want to do that? Are you going to teach me something? Wouldn't your time be better spent updating your Myspace or waiting for your balls to drop?

Don't go grammar police, you're better than that.

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:53 PM
this needs to be said`

actually, someone on this board (the SA chick with brown bikini) REALLY wanted salvatore to be reffing the game the other night...she said so twice before the game

ponky
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Um...you still don't play D. We shot 54% last night and the refs didn't bail us out with FTs every time we missed. Our big three got into the lane with zero problems all night. You let Ginobili score 26 in 27 mins, and he can't even jump this year. You let an injured Tony Parker get 33 and an injured Duncan get 28 or whatever it was. You're still _ALLAS.

Maybe you should go tell that to the Pistons coach, the Rockets coach and Magic Johnson who have all given us props for defense this season.

Trainwreck2100
actually, someone on this board (the SA chick with brown bikini) REALLY wanted salvatore to be reffing the game the other night...she said so twice before the game

SA10's a dude and he keeps bringing him up becuase he's a firm believer of the screwjob, and BS is to us what DC is to you. No Spurs fan here wants Salvatore including him. Like I said if you're going to quote us get the facts straight.

belac2006

You idiot...learn how to spell, you sound like a drop-out..
who knows maybe you are, its way past your bedtime kid...talk to me
if and when your team EVER wins an NBA title.

Shank
05-16-2006, 09:59 PM
You idiot...learn how to spell, you sound like a drop-out..
who knows maybe you are, its way past your bedtime kid...talk to me
if and when your team EVER wins an NBA title.

But I digress. You're the genius here. Please - educate me.

(Pssst-I didn't misspell anything. Check your usage of those ellipses.)

belac2006
05-16-2006, 10:04 PM

Hey pendejo.......
its "uses"........not "use"
again .....................uses
not.........................use.
Can you say it properly????

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Oh, so it was a typo. Not a misspelling.

Thanks for the tip. Still, check out your ellipses. They're entirely out of control.

I guess you can go back to sucking your father's cock now.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
This thread has been invaded by the

http://www.bbc.co.uk/humber/content/images/2005/10/03/grammar_police_car_203x152.jpg

Watch your errant typos and the use of the words there, their, and they're. That goes for both of you.

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Anyway, that bowl of Cinnamon Life was delicious this morning.

Trainwreck2100
05-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Anyway, that bowl of Cinnamon Life was delicious this morning.

To this day I've never had Life, it may have been good for that bastard Mikey, but he can go to hell.

belac2006
05-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Oh, so it was a typo. Not a misspelling.

Thanks for the tip. Still, check out your ellipses. They're entirely out of control.

I guess you can go back to sucking your father's cock now.

Poor fool, you must be having flashbacks of your very own miserable life. Freaks like you make these threads a lot of fun.
You do sound extremely experienced in that department though!
Best wishes on the rest of you and your Daddy's life.

ponky
05-16-2006, 10:18 PM
SA10's a dude and he keeps bringing him up becuase he's a firm believer of the screwjob, and BS is to us what DC is to you. No Spurs fan here wants Salvatore including him. Like I said if you're going to quote us get the facts straight.

I don't like to generalize and put all Spurs fans in the same boat, there are a lot of cool posters on here. I didn't quote anyone but I see your point, I didn't know BS was to the Spurs what DC is to us. I wonder who will ref tomorrow night.

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Poor fool, you must be having flashbacks of your very own miserable life. Freaks like you make these threads a lot of fun.
You do sound extremely experienced in that department though!
Best wishes on the rest of you and your Daddy's life.

That makes no sense whatsoever. You can't repeat someone's dig as your own retort. It's weak and makes you look bad. Try again.

Back to cereal talk with Trainwreck. Did you ever have the Nerds cereal back in the late 80s? They took the candy idea and split the box vertically - with strawberry on one side, grape on the other. Those and Mr. T's cereal were pretty solid. But Mr. T's were really nothing more than Cap N' Crunch in T-shapes.

belac2006
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever. You can't repeat someone's dig as your own retort. It's weak and makes you look bad. Try again.

Back to cereal talk with Trainwreck. Did you ever have the Nerds cereal back in the late 80s? They took the candy idea and split the box vertically - with strawberry on one side, grape on the other. Those and Mr. T's cereal were pretty solid. But Mr. T's were really nothing more than Cap N' Crunch in T-shapes.

You call that a dig?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
lololololololololololol
Typical Mavs fan, your idea of a "dig" just now had nothing to do with
basketball. Talk to me about hoops boy not your favorite cereal pussy. :lol

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 10:36 PM
So no one has the video?

Shank
05-16-2006, 10:40 PM
You call that a dig?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
lololololololololololol
Typical Mavs fan, your idea of a "dig" just now had nothing to do with
basketball. Talk to me about hoops boy not your favorite cereal pussy. :lol

Only little high school girls use 'lol'.

I've gone back and read all of your 21 scintillating posts on this board. Not once have you actually talked about the game itself. So, I'll pose this to you - why would the Spurs want to sacrifice size for speed when they obviously can't match the athleticism of Dallas? That being - the "smallball" lineup of 4 guards and Duncan we've seen Pop use. Clearly, if the Mavs are insistent on attacking the paint, why wouldn't the Spurs plug in a big body to prevent this? It is Pop being stubborn or a lack of faith in San Antonio's 5-spot?

And do you feel he'll use the same starting lineup in Game 5? Or has Manu found his game again and earned a spot at the beginning of the game, rather than off the bench?

Spurs Dynasty
05-16-2006, 10:48 PM
I had to wait almost 24 hours to post this as i was still fuming a bout the Bowen call. Now i want post a blue streak and get banned.

NOW is anyone confused about the refeering!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

To all you asswipes from other teams (not the welcome non-trolls) why do you show up now to taunt us and look right at the big elephant and say it is not an elephant?

I am still hoping for a series win, but man it is tough playing the stripes too.

Islymore
05-17-2006, 09:46 AM
It's not just the whining. Every team and every player has whined.

It's the idea that a large number of Spurs fans seem to think these guys are the 2006 version of the Black Sox. That the refs are somehow paid off. That the league is rigged in Dallas' favor. It's sheer insanity and frankly, quite pathetic. After any of Dallas' 3 wins, have you seen anyone saying "Good game, Dallas. You beat us where it mattered". No. It's been refs, refs, refs since the last whistle blew in Game 2. It is making the entire Spurs fanbase look bad - and not just on this board.

Actually Pop has said a few nice things. He said some things in post game about the Mavs playing well, etc. But that was after game 2 I think.

I am a Mavs fan and I not once have denied that the Mavs have been getting some pretty lame calls in their favor... But that should not be the game winner. True the free throws tieing the game, made me a lil nervous as well as kinda let down. I thot they didnt try to call fouls in the last few seconds of a game and I didnt see any foul to call. But that doesnt mean I wasnt happy that it was called. I think its unfair that fans so easily talk about fouls and refs and never mention once about the calls their own team got that were questionable but we in favor of their team. Just like the Spurs got calls, we got calls, both teams have had calls in their favor in this series. So I accept that the last game was not the Mavs to win. But it was pushed into overtime and in OT when it could have went back to the Spurs, they didnt produce and that 5 mins could have been the game. Even if the refs are handing one team the game since that conspiracy seems so real to soo many ppl, the Spurs have always been a team to overcome obstacles. This is one more obstacle in their way, I look forward to them overcoming it. Tonight's game is gonna be a beast, probably questionable calls both ways like every game this series... I accept that the Mavs have had some in their favor, just like I accept that the Spurs have too.

(And for whoever quoted me regarding TDs postgame, I just gave a summary. There was nothing blown out of proportion. He answered two questions which I said. He did get up in a huff, you heard him stomp down the stairs. I didnt say that there were no more questions - but based on his behavior - I wasnt shocked that the reporters didnt have anymore questions to ask him, he was obviously angry. That was my whole point. Nothing blown outta proportion there.)

Spurs Dynasty
05-17-2006, 09:57 AM

I belive the reason most of your post is being ignored (not skirted) is that the riverwalk and size of our women's asses has nothing to do with the NBA playoffs.

Until Ginobili has to swim across our "creek" and dunk the ball in Conchita's ass, i think those references are stupid.

maddnezz
05-17-2006, 10:12 AM

Peri-fucking-od.

Sterns a Jew it's all about the cash for him. He was a lawyer before this gig. And watch your mouth boy, I got family in Dallas that'll do you in if your soo tough! :fro

maddnezz
05-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Only little high school girls use 'lol'.

I've gone back and read all of your 21 scintillating posts on this board. Not once have you actually talked about the game itself. So, I'll pose this to you - why would the Spurs want to sacrifice size for speed when they obviously can't match the athleticism of Dallas? That being - the "smallball" lineup of 4 guards and Duncan we've seen Pop use. Clearly, if the Mavs are insistent on attacking the paint, why wouldn't the Spurs plug in a big body to prevent this? It is Pop being stubborn or a lack of faith in San Antonio's 5-spot?

And do you feel he'll use the same starting lineup in Game 5? Or has Manu found his game again and earned a spot at the beginning of the game, rather than off the bench?
Be careful what you wish for! :drunk