PDA

View Full Version : I'm Embarassed

SenorSpur
05-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Yes, I'm embarassed, not for the galiant and gritty effort shown by the Spurs in Game #3. After all, you figure if Manu, Tony and Tim have great games with even small contributions from the bench, the Spurs win.

Except not this time and not this series. I give the Mavs the utmost congratulations and respect. They earned this.

Let's face facts. The Spurs will not win this series because the Mavs have things the Spurs don't. Athleticism, youth and desire. they seemingly are everywhere. They're quicker on the double-teams, quicker to the glass and seemingly quicker to every loose ball. Besides their offensive prowess in scary.

No, I'm embarassed because the Spurs brass again misjudged the type of talent that was required to successfully make an extended playoff run. They simply didn't string together the right component parts required to defend a young, athletic team like the Mavs. Didn't Pop and R.C. learn anything from the Didn't they learn from the Hedo Turkelog and Chuck Person experiments.

I'm embarassed because the Spurs brain trust went brain dead choosing a "washed up", overweight, malcontent PG (NVE) as Tony's primary backup.

I'm embarassed that we have the oldest team in the league.

I'm embarassed because again the Spurs will not repeat as NBA champions.

I'm embarassed that a fine 63-win season is now "down the drain".

I'm embarassed as to how this team doesn't value the ball, turning it over as if it were hotlinks on an outdoor grill.

I'm embarassed about the officiating and the questionable calls that helped influence the outcome of Game#2.

I'm embarassed that the Spurs "once-vaunted" defense was shredded during this series.

I'm embarassed that the team has not developed Beno into more to the point

I'm embarassed that there just aint enough of Bruce Bowen to go around.

I'm embarassed that this team has two quality centers, but both have been "Acts of congress". Also, I'm embaraased that Nazr still has the hands of Robert Duran (hands of Stone).

I'm embarassed that back in the summer of 2003, the Spurs were either too arrogant or stupid for passing on the chance to draft Josh Howard following his senior season and Wake Forest. Even though they knew Stephen Jackson was likely leaving for a bigger contract - which he got.

I''m embarassed that the league as a whole and the Spurs in particular have been so infatuated with Euro ball players, who are great contributors to this team and to the league, that they ignore proven, home-grown talent like Josh. like Jameer Nelson

Finally, I'm embarassed that I have to put away all my Spurs clothing and parapehnaila for another year.

It's not an impossible task to beat the Mavs, it's just the Spurs don't have the necessary talent (offense or defense) to counter quick, athletic teams. That's not going to change this season.

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 03:52 AM
I'm embarassed you took time out of your life to type that.

I'm embarassed that you're a self proclaimed Spurs fan.

SA210
05-16-2006, 03:52 AM
I'm embarrased of the NBA refs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 03:53 AM
I'm embarassed you couldn't wait til the series was over.

zocool16
I'm embarassed I'm too tired to read this.

Nero
No, I'm embarassed because the Spurs brass again misjudged the type of talent that was required to successfully make an extended playoff run.
Exactly. Great post.

SenorSpur
05-16-2006, 03:54 AM
I'm embarassed you took time out of your life to type that.

I'm embarassed that you're a self proclaimed Spurs fan.

I had to vent. And yes I'm a fan - a realistic one at that.

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 03:56 AM
I had to vent. And yes I'm a fan - a realistic one at that.

I wonder how many "realistic" fans of the Suns posted something similar to yours after the fourth game of the LA-Suns series this year.

I wonder?

Probably many.

Guess what, you wanna be "realistic" here's reality.

The Spurs have lost two games decided by the refs.

The Spurs are the defending champs.

The Spurs have three more games.

Guess what, the reality is, two of those threee games are at the AT&T Center.

That's reality.

polandprzem
05-16-2006, 03:58 AM
I wonder how many "realistic" fans of the Suns posted something similar to yours after the fourth game of the LA-Suns series this year.

I wonder?

Probably many.

Guess what, you wanna be "realistic" here's reality.

The Spurs have lost two games decided by the refs.

The Spurs are the defending champs.

The Spurs have three more games.

Guess what, the reality is, two of those threee games are at the AT&T Center.

That's reality.

Take that reality to the 2004 season

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Take that reality to the 2004 season

Huh?

Nbadan
05-16-2006, 03:59 AM
You forgot that the Spurs passed on Barbosa, who's putting up decent numbers backing up Nash.

Buddy Holly
05-16-2006, 04:00 AM
You forgot that the Spurs passed on Barbosa, who's putting up decent numbers backing up Nash.

You forgot it was a pre-arranged deal after the player the Spurs wanted fell throw.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-16-2006, 04:01 AM
Reality is ..You can't say the last 2 games couldn't have gone either way. They're not what if's. They were right there...but your logic points to a team that can't hang with the Mavs. We DID Hang with them to the final seconds...and had we just had one more momentum shift, one less questionable call--the series would be a toss-up. The Spurs are struggling, but they are still a force. They are good enough. Maybe not into the 06-07 season--they are on their last-legs with some players, but there's a fine line between a pessimist and realist. Don't rule them out yet.

Nbadan
05-16-2006, 04:05 AM
You forgot it was a pre-arranged deal after the player the Spurs wanted fell throw.

..but the Spurs could have kept the pick.

Nero
05-16-2006, 04:10 AM
We don't need Barbossa. We need rebounders, defenders, hustlers. Spurs have gotten out hustled in virtually every game in these playoffs.

kalikot_boy_kr
05-16-2006, 04:32 AM
yea, okay, alright,.... lets brass ur teeth.....lol!

Gummi
05-16-2006, 07:12 AM
No Spurs fan is supposed to feel embarassed. If you take a look at the last two games, you'll see that both of them were very winnable.

Game 3: We loose by one points after a nice comback in the fourth. Some controversial calls, but we had a chance to win it and we kinda blew it. OK, not bad, not good, but not bad. It would've been nice to get Game 3 and win back home court.

Game 4: Another close one. Great game. Close throughout, but just like Game 3, we blew the game in the last minutes or so in regulation. Timmy had a nice look at it but it bounce our way. Hey, like Pop sometimes says "you'll win and you'll loose some".

OK, here we have two games that we had a great chance of winning, on the road against one of the best teams in the league. I know we didn't but that's not because we're too old or slow or fat or whatever. That's basketball. We're playing against a great team that's riding high at the moment. We didn't drop those games because we're not good enough, but we just didn't get the ball to bounce our way on a couple of possessions. I could also put in there that we got some questionable calls during some key moments. But I'm never going to blame the refs for a loss.

Bottom line is, we didn't drop those two games because we're old, washed up, out of shape, poorly put together by RC and Pop, or referee's against us and so on.

Sometimes all you need is some luck going your way. Remember '03 against the Lakers Game 5, Horry's for three, in and out. Sometimes all you need is some luck. It's that simple.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
05-16-2006, 07:28 AM
No, I'm embarassed because the Spurs brass again misjudged the type of talent that was required to successfully make an extended playoff run.
Exactly. Great post.Riiight. Because what you do after you win a championship? Naturally, you blow up the team and start again. After all, it worked for the Chicago Bulls.

I'm pretty sure everyone here was crowing about scooping up Finley. van Exel drew a mixed reaction, but the general consensus was that his playoff experience would be a benefit, not a drawback.

The Spurs brass added some pieces, made a run (which still ain't over, by the way), and now they know what they need to do to get through the West. So stop bitching, suck it up, and have a little faith that they'll figure out what to do in the offseason---assuming they lose this series, which STILL isn't a foregone conclusion.