PDA

View Full Version : Serious PAIN!!!!!

Dre_7
05-16-2006, 04:34 AM
So I just effed up my jaw big time.

I was playin ball last night and totally messed up my jaw. I am in some serious pain at the moment.

During the pickup game I was running for a loose ball and got hit right in the side off my jaw by the other guy's shoulder. We were both running full speed as well. At first I was a lil disoriented and kinda dizzy. A few seconds later I was in agony.

That was about four hours ago and I am still hurting. I can barely open my jaw, it hurts to talk and chew, and I have a pounding headache! I took a bunch of pain killers and iced it real good, but that didnt help whatsoever. Im gonna try and get some sleep and see if that helps.

I hope I didnt really screw up my jaw!

Its just been a long week and a half for me. :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

Melmart1
05-16-2006, 04:51 AM
I am sorry for you, DRE!!! Hopefully your man from Wisconsin can help alleviate some of the pain come Wednesday!

Vashner
05-16-2006, 05:44 AM
Go see a doctor ...

Gerryatrics
05-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Yeah, if you need painkillers for it you should get it checked out. There's the chance it's dislocated or broken, and it would be better to have a Doc check it out so you don't have problems down the road.

I've caught a couple of elbows and way too many fists to the jaw during games, I usually see them coming and roll with the hit though. I hate dentists and don't want to jack up my teeth. But yeah, never took a shoulder, that sounds like it sucks...

Dre_7
05-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah I have a feeling its broken. Woke up and my bottom teeth were shifted over. Will be seeing a doc and getting an xray today.

Horry For 3!
05-16-2006, 10:11 AM
I remember I was playing tackle football without pads and this big ass dude was running the ball and I hit him and his knee hit my jaw.....that was a bitch

The sone
05-16-2006, 03:25 PM
one time i had a hangnail so i started pulling it...anyway, long story short it finally came loose when i reached my elbow...

Mixability
05-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I remember I was playing tackle football without pants and this nice assed dude was running his fingers over his balls and I let him "hit it" and his balls hit my jaw.....that was a bitchin night! :smokin

ALVAREZ6
05-16-2006, 05:04 PM
:lmao

ZStomp
05-16-2006, 10:36 PM
I once stumbed my toe on the corner of my bed..... and I pooped a little.

Ouch.

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2006, 01:06 AM
told yah to stop bobbling

polandprzem
05-17-2006, 02:23 AM
My jaw just dropped

So have you been to a doctor?
How about the x-ray's and the pain?

(And I undrestand your pain. I'm now in a constant pain)

Dre_7
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Had an XRay. Will hear back from the hospital soon, I hope.

tlongII
05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Had an XRay. Will hear back from the hospital soon, I hope.

Must not be broken. They should be able to tell you immediately.

Dre_7
05-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Must not be broken. They should be able to tell you immediately.

I know its not broken. But my teeth still are not lined up, and my jaws clicks when I open and close. So it might be missaligned.

Gerryatrics
05-18-2006, 02:37 AM
Dre, were you actually examined by a Doctor? From everything you've said it sounds like it's dislocated. But if you saw a Doctor and it was dislocated they should have been able to tell right away and slip your jaw back into place easily enough. If your teeth are misaligned, you have trouble opening or closing your jaw and/or you're still in pain, I would see your doctor and ask them specifically to examine it to see if it's dislocated. I would have to imagine it would show up on the x-ray, but if it's still bothering you it's something to think about.

polandprzem
05-18-2006, 03:30 AM
Just ask somebody to hit you on the other side of a jaw.
That will do it ;)

Dre_7
05-18-2006, 04:30 AM
Dre, were you actually examined by a Doctor? From everything you've said it sounds like it's dislocated. But if you saw a Doctor and it was dislocated they should have been able to tell right away and slip your jaw back into place easily enough. If your teeth are misaligned, you have trouble opening or closing your jaw and/or you're still in pain, I would see your doctor and ask them specifically to examine it to see if it's dislocated. I would have to imagine it would show up on the x-ray, but if it's still bothering you it's something to think about.

I was examained by a doctor. He said it might "be something with the joint" and sent me to the hospital to get it XRayed (which I did) and now I am just waiting to hear back from them.

The sone
05-18-2006, 04:41 AM
I was examained by a doctor. He said it might "be something with the joint" and sent me to the hospital to get it XRayed (which I did) and now I am just waiting to hear back from them.

coo!!!!...joints!...ohhh...uhh, i mean...uhh...yeah....joints, :smokin

xcoriate
05-18-2006, 06:41 AM
I got elbowed in the jaw wjilst playing defense a couple of weeks ago, had the same kind of thing, couldn't eat, chew or talk well (my teeth were ok though), and it throbbed like an ass for a couple of days.

It came good though so hopefully yours does too :)