PDA

View Full Version : OU wins

Jimcs50
10-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Looks like Texas played well, but Stoops just finds a way to beat UT, not unlike Dallas-Washington. That Freshman RB at UT is s freak. He can become the best RB ever in the Big 12, if he continues to improve.

Duff McCartney
10-09-2004, 09:17 PM
That Freshman RB at UT is a freak.

Benson isn't a freshman...maybe you meant OU...in that case I agree. Adrian Peterson owned the Longhorns.

BTW...that top 5 moments in the Red River Shootout was brilliant....and watching the number 1 moment was beautiful. Roy Williams just flying to knock the shit out of Chris Simms was just beauty.

dcole50
10-09-2004, 09:52 PM
:(

I'm not a Texas fan, but man do I hate OU.

texbound
10-09-2004, 11:26 PM
but Stoops just finds a way to beat UT

Stoops has Browns number!! Just like Fulmer (Tenn) against Spurrier (Flor). Texas will get them soon. Texas played too conservative in todays game.

Duff McCartney
10-09-2004, 11:48 PM
I don't think they played too conservative...but their receivers suck ass. They have no experience at the receiver spot.

scott
10-10-2004, 01:52 AM
And its tough to get experience when your QB can't throw!

Jimcs50
10-10-2004, 10:27 PM
I meat at OU, not UT. Peterson....you knew who I meant.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-11-2004, 07:44 PM
tu looks like A&M looked in the early 90s. Can run the ball, but can't pass their way out of a paper bag.

Teams will go m2m on tu's receivers, and tee off on Ced and Vince as long as the receivers can't catch and the QB can't throw.

jalbre6
10-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Something of interest from CNNSI.com...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/john_walters/10/11/campus.blitz/index.html

ESPN College Football GameDay's Mark May, whom I criticized last week in this space, was exactly the objective, professional and fearless studio analyst that we desire on Saturday. In the wake of Oklahoma's 12-0 shutout of Texas, May said, "Bob Stoops made the right decisions in this game. Mack Brown did not."

May alluded to Longhorn senior quarterback Chance Mock (how do you not play a dude with a name -- the Major Applewhite Postulate -- like this?) and wondered why he didn't play. Amen. I don't know if Mack Brown watched the Texas Tech-Texas game last season (though I imagine he did because he coached it), but when the Red Raiders went ahead in the final two minutes, Brown did something he and many of his brethren don't do enough: He listened to his gut.

Brown knew that while Vince Young is a specimen, Mock has, well, Mock-see. Against Texas Tech, Mock led the Longhorns on a last-minute, vintage Joe Montana TD drive, and Texas won a game that I doubt they would have had Young operated that final drive.

Call it the Flutie Factor. Some quarterbacks are blue-chip seductresses (Young, Chris Rix, Brock Berlin, and historically, Peyton Manning and Ron Powlus) while others (Mock, David Greene, Boston College's Paul Peterson, and, historically, Montana, Flutie and Eric Crouch) simply have a knack for winning. Greene, by the way, lost yesterday, but he has pulled out so many games in the past -- and almost did so against Tennessee yesterday -- that he gets a sponsor's exemption. Likewise, Rix seemed to have crossed over last season with that stirring comeback at Florida, but has returned to his previous "looks-good-on-paper" form.

By the way, I doubt Mock's entry into the game would have changed the outcome at the Cotton Bowl on Saturday. Oklahoma is awesome. But Brown owed it to his players to at least take a chance on Chance.