PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker Is Ruining Spurs Game

admiral50
05-16-2006, 08:13 AM
I am a Spurs fan for as long as I can remember. 15 years at least. But I am very sad and dissapointed at the way they are playing right now. Very sad!

Because of Tony Parker!

He is a play and has less assists than average centers. Maybe he should worry more about getting team involved in the game and not just his own scoring statistics. Look at Kidd or Nash. Or Lebron for example. He could post up 35 points against Detroit if he would force his shots. And Cleveland would loose. But he plays a team role. Less points and more of everything else.

Just look at the sum of Parkers assists in the Dallas series.

A good playmaker makes all his teammates play better. Play-maker=makes play.

It is like Stephon Marbury. He is a good player. But he can not make his team play any better. Only worse. Everywhere he goes.

Dallas=team effort!

San Antonio has better or at least more experienced individuals. But they dont have their game connected.

Unfortunately.

And dont get me wrong... Tony Parker is a great athlete-no doubt about that. But...

T Park
05-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Moron.

Dude steps up with 33

and hes the reason they are losing??

Be gone.

WalterBenitez
05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
TP is not Nash, Kidd ... I'll accept that, but come on ... he wont be that kind of PG ... maily bc he's so talented but still very young.

This season he improved his scores, and keep reasonable well his assists; somteimes I think he pushes himself too much (like TD an Manu do), but he's not the cause of our situation.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:23 AM
Parker is a "travelin' man"...hehehe

admiral50
05-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Reply to T Park:

You are the moron here. And you can not read as well. I explained you but beeing a moron you dont understand.

pache100
05-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Moron.

Dude steps up with 33

Be gone.

:tu

Reply to T Park:

You are the moron here. And you can not read as well. I explained you but beeing a moron you dont understand.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they don't understand. All it means is that they don't agree with you.

admiral50
05-16-2006, 08:36 AM
To WalterBenitez:

He is not bad. Yes, he improved his scores. But hey - if he scores, who makes the play?

admiral50
05-16-2006, 08:38 AM
You can disagree with someone. But do you call them a moron for that?

Brianna
without Tony Parker The Spurs would not even have gone to OT

admiral50

I am a Spurs fan for as long as I can remember.

Who can't remember two weeks back?

ducks
tp's is to pass to duncan and duncan finds the open guy
unfortuntally in this series dallas is staying home on guys

mouse
05-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Moron.

Dude steps up with 33

Be gone.

This is one time I support Tparks name calling.

pache100
05-16-2006, 08:40 AM

Why not? You did. Just because you think something does not make it fact. It is still just an opinion. So, quit sounding off like you are some kind of authority or something and anyone and everyone who disagrees with you are just stupid. That's a turnoff.

admiral50
05-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Look Pache. TPark called me a moron when dissagreeing with me. Read first reply!

I have no problem with different opinions.

pache100
05-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Look Pache. TPark called me a moron when dissagreeing with me. Read first reply!

I have no problem with different opinions.

I read it, admiral, and for someone who has "no problem with different opinions" you are acting like an asshole (how would I KNOW that if I had not read the whole thread????) that thinks everyone should agree with them. Now, back off.

picnroll
05-16-2006, 08:54 AM
He can't create the way he normally does. The Mavs are staying home on the outside shooters, not giving Parker the penetration and kick out. Pop has told him he wants him to take 25 shots. The only way the Spurs succeed is if he scores or has hurt the Mavs so badly they have to collapse on him freeing up outside shooters. The only Spurs that can create woth a damn on this team are Manu, Parker and Duncan.

This kid is beat up, playing his heart out and fucking fans are ragging on him. Unfuckingbelievable.

pache100
05-16-2006, 08:56 AM
This kid is beat up, playing his heart out and fucking fans are ragging on him. Unfuckingbelievable.

:worthy:

Rick Von Braun
05-16-2006, 08:59 AM
I read it, admiral, and for someone who has "no problem with different opinions" you are acting like an asshole (how would I KNOW that if I had not read the whole thread????) that thinks everyone should agree with them. Now, back off.

Pache, you are over reacting like someone not very smart with that answer and it shows.

If you didn't read the thread, GTFOH.

infinite styles
05-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Pache, you are over reacting like someone not very smart with that answer and it shows.

I think that he is saying that he did read the whole thread.

pache100
05-16-2006, 09:06 AM

Now, who's not reading the thread?

My opinion/answer is worth just as much as yours and admiral's. You GTFOH. :lol

Spurminator
05-16-2006, 09:08 AM
My God, the Spurs lose 118-123 while shooting 53% and you think the offense is the problem?

Rick Von Braun
05-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Now, who's not reading the thread?

My opinion/answer is worth just as much as yours and admiral's. You GTFOH. :lol

Sorry, I still don't see your point. He pointed out that TPark called him a moron for disagreeing with him, which he did.

What is wrong with that?

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Mavs transition defense and perimeter defense on our 3 pointers is what has limited Parker's assist totals, which also in turn has made our offense and ball movement stagnant.

Tony Parker is not ruining the Spurs Game. Assists are a number, you're teammates have to make their shots for you to get them. And outside of Tim, Tony, and Manu who combined for a whopping 90 points (:wow), no one except for Finley late in the 4th was hitting their shots.

Spurs lack of defense and rebounding is what is ruining the Spurs game.

admiral50
05-16-2006, 09:17 AM
RICK: Thanks for the support! I see you read posts

1Parker1: I agree with you that a huge problem is a lack of big men in the Spurs team. Duncan alone can not rebound. And he is always double teamed.

pache100
05-16-2006, 09:19 AM
RICK: Thanks for the support! I see you read posts

1Parker1: I agree with you that a huge problem is a lack of big men in the Spurs team. Duncan alone can not rebound. And he is always double teamed.

Once again...just because you disagree with someone does not mean you are not reading posts (why are you so hung up on that?)...how would I know to disagree if I didn't read the posts to disagree with? You need to get over yourself.

ducks
05-16-2006, 09:24 AM
also kidd looked horrible down the stretch against the heat
nets went over 2 minutes late in 4 without a field goal

WalterBenitez
05-16-2006, 09:26 AM
To WalterBenitez:
He is not bad. Yes, he improved his scores. But hey - if he scores, who makes the play?

I am fan of TP, even in his bad games .. I try calm down people around who usually forget he's still young!

I think because non conventional talent of TP and Manu this team started to mix his offense not going thru TIM in some situation but at the end of story TIM is the SuperStar; I know sometimes TP lost the idea of being PG and act like SG ... but we have good ball handlers (Brent, TD, Manu, Beno ...)

totalspurshomer
05-16-2006, 09:30 AM

He can't create the way he normally does. The Mavs are staying home on the outside shooters, not giving Parker the penetration and kick out. Pop has told him he wants him to take 25 shots. The only way the Spurs succeed is if he scores or has hurt the Mavs so badly they have to collapse on him freeing up outside shooters. The only Spurs that can create woth a damn on this team are Manu, Parker and Duncan.

Couldn't agree more. Can't understand how you could possibly find fault with Tony's game. He had a great game and did what he was supposed to do. That he did it while banged up just makes it amazing. You ride your horses and the Spurs are doing it.

WalterBenitez
05-16-2006, 09:33 AM

Technically you are rigth since we are talking about opinion, and as opinion we have to respect, but some people have ... how to say ... a very sensitive spirit, they react ... somebody called me stupid once !? :oops

Dartherus
05-16-2006, 02:11 PM
You're acting in a very biased way, criticizing admiral, and not critizicing the first one posting an insult...

BTW, I basically agree with Admiral, TP is great as an individual player (as marbury is), but for championship teams, in playoff, we need more Basketball IQ in the PG position, a clear proof was on Lakers, kobe lowered his stats and team played better than expected, If well-know ball-hog SG can improve his team play, why would it be forbidden to ask the same to a POINT GUARD?

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Pop asked Parker to shoot 20 jumpshots and get off over 25 shots a game.

Blame Pop, not Parker.

He's obviously been asked to look to score before looking to distribute.

angel_luv
05-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Tony has been playing his heart out and, in my opinion, has made minimal mistakes.

I don't see anyway to have a real legitimate beef with him.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 02:16 PM

Sorry I didn't see this post at first. This sums up the Parker situation.

kris
05-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Tony Parker ruining the Spurs?

What the hell?

He scored 33 points. I'd say he's he best shot the Spurs have at winning.

EVAY
05-16-2006, 02:27 PM
The basis of this thread is mind boggling to me. First, as a couple of you have pointed out, Parker does NOTHING that Pop doesn't want him to do. Secondly, he can't get assists when he is told by Pop to get the ball to Timmy. That is because Tim is the one player on the Spurs to whom everyone else defers. Tim hardly ever gets the ball and shoots. If he did, Parker could have a gazillion assists. But Tim's game ( again, approved by Pop as the RIGHT game plan) is to get the ball, survey the defense, take a couple of dribbles to see if he attracts a double team ( by this time, of course, Tony has no chance for an assist, because Tim has already dribbled the ball) , and then he will either post up for a shot, fake a shot and then dribble some more, or pass out of a double team to another shooter, who, if it is a guard he passes to, is SUPPOSED to drive to the basket for a layup or kick out. In NONE of these plays can Parker get an assist.

It really makes me angry to see you guys trashing Parker. He is the sole reason we stayed in the hunt this year for conference leader, much less ending up with it. Manu and Tim were not effective most of the year, and without Parker we would have been terrible. Trashing him just makes me sick!

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2006, 02:38 PM
bump

reload tds system pop!!!!

Dartherus
05-16-2006, 04:29 PM
The basis of this thread is mind boggling to me. First, as a couple of you have pointed out, Parker does NOTHING that Pop doesn't want him to do. Secondly, he can't get assists when he is told by Pop to get the ball to Timmy. That is because Tim is the one player on the Spurs to whom everyone else defers. Tim hardly ever gets the ball and shoots. If he did, Parker could have a gazillion assists. But Tim's game ( again, approved by Pop as the RIGHT game plan) is to get the ball, survey the defense, take a couple of dribbles to see if he attracts a double team ( by this time, of course, Tony has no chance for an assist, because Tim has already dribbled the ball) , and then he will either post up for a shot, fake a shot and then dribble some more, or pass out of a double team to another shooter, who, if it is a guard he passes to, is SUPPOSED to drive to the basket for a layup or kick out. In NONE of these plays can Parker get an assist.

It really makes me angry to see you guys trashing Parker. He is the sole reason we stayed in the hunt this year for conference leader, much less ending up with it. Manu and Tim were not effective most of the year, and without Parker we would have been terrible. Trashing him just makes me sick!
If you had real basketball experience, you'd know when a PG doesn't have good court vision, neither tempo handling, it's not that just Pop asks him to do this, don't you think that Pops chooses this because of knowing Tony's shortcoming regarding court vision, passing skills and tempo handling?

And about the 33 pts, again, it's not a matter of individual stats, it's a matter of what's best for the team, agains, remember, If Kobe lowered his stats to improve Laker's overall team performance, why do you get so upset by asking the same in the Tony's case?

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 04:39 PM
As per usual, Parker did his best impersation of Rod Strickland down the stretch of a close game. He scored 70% of his points in the first quarter....please don't go waving totals at me. Dude was NOWHERE when it counted.

Like he normally is.

Spurminator
05-16-2006, 04:40 PM
If you had real basketball experience, you'd know when a PG doesn't have good court vision, neither tempo handling, it's not that just Pop asks him to do this, don't you think that Pops chooses this because of knowing Tony's shortcoming regarding court vision, passing skills and tempo handling?

And about the 33 pts, again, it's not a matter of individual stats, it's a matter of what's best for the team, agains, remember, If Kobe lowered his stats to improve Laker's overall team performance, why do you get so upset by asking the same in the Tony's case?

What would be better for the team would be for Tony to grow 5 more inches and get 40 pounds heavier so he could guard Devin Harris and maybe get a couple more rebounds.

The San Antonio Spurs shouldn't need to shoot better than 53% in a game to win. The neverending focus on Tony Parker's offensive limitations in these Playoffs is mindboggling.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 04:51 PM
As per usual, Parker did his best impersation of Rod Strickland down the stretch of a close game. He scored 70% of his points in the first quarter....please don't go waving totals at me. Dude was NOWHERE when it counted.

Like he normally is.

Did you see Tony limping in the 4th quarter?

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I also saw Dirk Nowitzki limping- what's your point Kori?

Calling Parker clutch is like calling Iraq a vacation destination.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 05:11 PM
I also saw Dirk Nowitzki limping- what's your point Kori?

Calling Parker clutch is like calling Iraq a vacation destination.

Umm.. Dirk didn't score a FG in the 4th quarter or overtime. So what were you saying?

snowboarder
05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
admiral you're an idiot

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:12 PM
He drove, was aggressive and he made free throws....wasn't that Parker I saw brick two free throws in overtime?

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 05:14 PM
He drove, was aggressive and he made free throws....wasn't that Parker I saw brick two free throws in overtime?

You are more of an idiot than I ever imagined. Blaming any part of this game on Parker is beyond stupid.

In this game, he did exactly what Pop told him to .. score as much as possible. In the end, he had a groin problem and no lift.

Seriously a lot of Spurs fans don't deserve the Spurs to win.

ducks
05-16-2006, 05:17 PM
tp has improved his free throw %

duncan also missed a key free throw

no lift means you have a bad chance of making a jump shot

he missed those because he was HURT

when 100% he has owned the mavs

td4mvp21
05-16-2006, 05:17 PM

Like he normally is.

Do you like anyone on this team? Your always ragging on Parker and Duncan, who up until yesterday's game carried the Spurs (mostly Duncan though). Why aren't you happy that our players competed to the best of their abilities??

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:22 PM
I love fans that make excuses relating to injuries.

Like it's anything new to have seen Tony Parker disappear down the stretch if a close game.......never seen that before.

And please explain to me how it is that a sore groin makes you miss free throws? Athletes in wheel chairs can hit free throws.

But I'm an idiot for demanding that Tony Parker play solid for 48 minutes?

If you're a true winner you rise above anything that can't take you off the floor. Michael Jordan had liquids pumped into him between quarters of the NBA Finals and won the title on the road for Chicago.

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Duncan has been amazing in this series. I truly feel sorry for him.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 05:24 PM
I love fans that make excuses relating to injuries.

Like it's anything new to have seen Tony Parker disappear down the stretch if a close game.......never seen that before.

And please explain to me how it is that a sore groin makes you miss free throws? Athletes in wheel chairs can hit free throws.

But I'm an idiot for demanding that Tony Parker play solid for 48 minutes?

If you're a true winner you rise above anything that can't take you off the floor. Michael Jordan had liquids pumped into him between quarters of the NBA Finals and won the title on the road for Chicago.

The point is that this is your M.O. You are fucking whiny bitch who takes it out on the players and acts like a frickin asshole when the Spurs lose.

Do we need to pull up your threads from last year to prove me right?

Remember when you went ballistic and called Duncan every fucking name in the book and then when you said you gave up NBA basketball, the Spurs and life in your lame ass "I Quit" thread??

That's you in a nutshell. Go look in the mirror and STFU.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2006, 05:25 PM
This is the stupidest non-sarcastic thread of the playoffs

ducks
05-16-2006, 05:27 PM
when you try to penetrade and ron artest tries to kill you and you can not walk
that limits alot of tp's game

tp is the quarterback for the spurs this year

I do not feel sorry for duncan
I feel sorry for the whole team and especially tp
tp has carried the spurs this year when manu and duncan were fishing

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:27 PM
You obviously have no grasp of sarcasm and hyperbole.

I thought you were smarter than T Park...guess I was wrong.

I'm not a whiny bitch at all- what I truly feel and what I enjoy inciting on this board are two very different things. I'm also very supersticious.

Truth is, I'm proud of the Spurs- they played hard, didn't get any calls and the Mavericks coaching staff has won their matchup with the Spurs coaching staff by a landslide- that's the story of the series.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm not a whiny bitch at all- what I truly feel and what I enjoy inciting on this board are two very different things. I'm also very supersticious.

Bhahahahhaha.

Now you say you do it on purpose to incite the board?

I call bullshit, considering your brother in law told me that you are the same shit in real life .. throwing things at your TV and cussing out Duncan, Parker and the Spurs in last seasons playoffs.

Cant_Be_Faded
last night was a vulgar display of the spurs big three in terms of offense. Throw in some old school spurs D, and we have a blow out. We're becoming the suns, and thats not parker's fault, its pop's.

Maybe its true that small ball is his only option, but the gayest thing about this whole situation is that now its illogical and impossible to play non-small ball. We got beat 3 fucking games in which we did not even try to use our bigs consistently.

Trying to save duncan fouls? He had 2 going into the 4th. Why not shove in a center for that beginning of the 4th? When duncan gets fouls, go back to small. I just dont get the aim here....small ball does not work even if you have nash as a pg.

ducks
did you watch the nets and heat game?

kidd and the nets did not score a field goal the last 2:30 in the 4 quarter

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Defense (and the refs if you want to say that) are killing the Spurs. Not offense.

td4mvp21
05-16-2006, 05:34 PM
"IM NOT A WHINY BITCH"

LMAO Walton, if your screen name had a definition, it would be "whiny bitch".

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Who doesn't cuss out players when they watch sports? Basketball has got to be the most frustrating sport in the world to watch. Momentum is always shifting.

Again, I'm waiting for a point to your calling me out. If you want to police your site and start with me, by all means...

And for the record, your interviews suck- you always come off as extremely nervous and totally unprepared.

aaronstampler
05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Moron.

Dude steps up with 33

Be gone.

1 assist in 47 minutes for a PG is not ideal. I think he's a more talented Steve Francis, period.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Who doesn't cuss out players when they watch sports? Basketball has got to be the most frustrating sport in the world to watch. Momentum is always shifting.

Again, I'm waiting for a point to your calling me out. If you want to police your site and start with me, by all means...

And for the record, your interviews suck- you always come off as extremely nervous and totally unprepared.

Yawn.

What interviews have you heard lately? I think I've only had one all year that was online .. with Parker's dad that was used on the news 3 or 4 times.

ducks
05-16-2006, 05:37 PM

why listen to them?

tp's dad she was quite prepared

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2006, 05:37 PM
walton you started like 4 threads during the fourth quarter alone bitching about various things

you blamed the team's hustle for lack of defense when avery blatantly out-thought pop and called a play that took advantage of his stupid one-time-zones.

ducks
05-16-2006, 05:38 PM
1 assist in 47 minutes for a PG is not ideal. I think he's a more talented Steve Francis, period.

he had more asisst against kings
did you watch the game

dallas is staying home when he drives and guarding the shooters

cherylsteele
05-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Truth is, I'm proud of the Spurs- they played hard, didn't get any calls and the Mavericks coaching staff has won their matchup with the Spurs coaching staff by a landslide- that's the story of the series.
And yet you rag on TP.
You're blaming TP on the loss?
How about that horrible inbound pass by Berry..or that one where he got the ball literally taken from him like candy from a baby.
How about NVE who had more fouls that points? We were up by about 9-10 in the 1st half and were actually looking like we were going to cruise....NVE comes in and nearly single handedly turns the momentum in favor of the Mavs.

cherylsteele
05-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Remind me again how many rings Stevie Franchise has?
We have won 2 of our titles with TP playing this way.

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:45 PM
why listen to them?

tp's dad she was quite prepared

Whatever- I'm not gonna go there. Unlike Kori, I have class.

People don't like me here because I call out players, because I'm Canadian, because I don't jump at the chance to agree with what Kori and timvp say and guess what? I couldn't give a fuck. Spurstalk is a place to vent for me. That's it, that's all.

If you listened to the King and Queen that run this place- you'd swear that Tony Parker was the son of Jesus, Nick Van Exel was a bad mo-fo opposing teams should fear and that NBA refereeing is great.

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:46 PM
And yet you rag on TP.
You're blaming TP on the loss?

Who said that?

Kori Ellis
05-16-2006, 05:47 PM
because I'm Canadian

I gotta admit, that was one of the funniest things you've ever said.

So I take it you don't want to ever stay at our house if you come to town? :drunk

Walton Buys Off Me
05-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Only if you can cook better than you can interview babe

cherylsteele
05-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Who said that?
Here is post #37 by you in this very thread implying TP didn't do enough.

TP didn't make a bonehead over-the-head pass like Strickland.
He was a HUGE reason we had a chance to win....and IMHO should have won.

aaronstampler
05-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Remind me again how many rings Stevie Franchise has?
We have won 2 of our titles with TP playing this way.

He got bailed out in one finals by Claxton and last year by Barry.

spur4life
05-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I can't understand how a point guard can have one assist in 47 mins & we are being told he did he good job because he scored points...if he did his job & without any selfishness was setting up his team mates, the team would have been better off. dallas mavericks as a whole out-assisted the spurs despite play the stupid small ball game......it used to be the other way around...very pathetic. anyways, the whole team, especially pop, & with the exception of timmy, could have done better!

Brutalis
05-16-2006, 10:40 PM
off with your head matey! Arrrrghghgh

beachbarbie948
05-16-2006, 11:04 PM
I can't understand how a point guard can have one assist in 47 mins & we are being told he did he good job because he scored points...if he did his job & without any selfishness was setting up his team mates, the team would have been better off. dallas mavericks as a whole out-assisted the spurs despite play the stupid small ball game......it used to be the other way around...very pathetic. anyways, the whole team, especially pop, & with the exception of timmy, could have done better!

i second that!

spur4life
05-16-2006, 11:12 PM
off with your head matey! Arrrrghghgh

whatever that means......

kris
05-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Whatever- I'm not gonna go there. Unlike Kori, I have class.

People don't like me here because I call out players, because I'm Canadian, because I don't jump at the chance to agree with what Kori and timvp say and guess what? I couldn't give a fuck. Spurstalk is a place to vent for me. That's it, that's all.

If you listened to the King and Queen that run this place- you'd swear that Tony Parker was the son of Jesus, Nick Van Exel was a bad mo-fo opposing teams should fear and that NBA refereeing is great.

You are some kind of something.

ducks
05-16-2006, 11:16 PM

you do not read the articles or watch the game
dallas players are staying home when tp drives
hard to get an assist then
also manu,duncan and tp combined for 90 points
it is not like tp is doing 50% of the scoring

he is doing what pop wants
ludden had it in an article in kings series pop went to tp and said shoot 25 shots tonight
he shot 20 and scored 32 points

damm he is such a ball hog for obeying his coach to and being reward with playing time

ducks
05-16-2006, 11:18 PM
He got bailed out in one finals by Claxton and last year by Barry.

really?

if it was not for tp they would not have there to beign with
tp also is not that old
kidd even said he was not as good as tp when they meet in the finals

KingsFanWithoutName
05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
This is the same type of treatment Mike Bibby receives over on the Kings boards.

When he is scoring big, the whiners say "we want more assists, get the team involved"

When he gets his assists, the whiners say "we want him to score more, what is he doing, he had the shot and passed it up"

It's a lose/lose in these peoples eyes and there is no use arguing with them.

spur4life
05-16-2006, 11:25 PM
you do not read the articles or watch the game
dallas players are staying home when tp drives
hard to get an assist then
also manu,duncan and tp combined for 90 points
it is not like tp is doing 50% of the scoring

he is doing what pop wants
ludden had it in an article in kings series pop went to tp and said shoot 25 shots tonight
he shot 20 and scored 32 points

damm he is such a ball hog for obeying his coach to and being reward with playing time

sure i watch the games. yes i know pop told him to take 20-25 shots in the game & i know he is supposed to be a "pass first" guard...even the tone sounds selfish...& i don't need to read any freaking articles to know when the game is being played the wrong way!! there is a guy called steve nash who plays like a true point guard. if our point guard start sharing the ball rather than trying to do it all by himself, we can then be able to put pressure on & dallas' small men.

why am i even arguing, the guy had 1 assist & 5 turnovers....

spur4life
05-16-2006, 11:33 PM
unfortuntally in this series dallas is staying home on guys

dallas staying home on guys is no excuse...guys should learn to move around....maybe they can take a cue from rip hamilton!

admiral50
05-17-2006, 01:45 AM
sure i watch the games. yes i know pop told him to take 20-25 shots in the game & i know he is supposed to be a "pass first" guard...even the tone sounds selfish...& i don't need to read any freaking articles to know when the game is being played the wrong way!! there is a guy called steve nash who plays like a true point guard. if our point guard start sharing the ball rather than trying to do it all by himself, we can then be able to put pressure on & dallas' small men.

why am i even arguing, the guy had 1 assist & 5 turnovers....

I couldnt agree more! Spur4life!

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2006, 02:04 AM
seems like sumone got pwned!

tomati 9
05-17-2006, 05:05 AM
Spurs play is not phoenix play. TP doesn't keep the ball 20 sec and deliver the only pass before the shot. Duncan (6ass in game 4) attracts defense and give the ball to the open shooter. Open your eyes guys

pache100
05-17-2006, 08:38 AM
admiral you're an idiot

:clap