PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason Spurs Lost Games 3 and 4

island_dude
05-16-2006, 08:27 AM
You can bitch and moan about the officiating until you're blue in the face, but the Spurs simply didn't execute down the stretch, and made crucial turnovers late in the game. When was the last time we saw them flubb up an in bounds pass late in the fourth period of a playoff game? Those are the type mistakes we're accustomed to the Mavs making in pressure situations, not the world champs.

I know the Spurs won't go down without a fight, so I'm not saying this series is over until one team has 4 victories, and last time I checked no one does yet. However, it won't matter who's officiating the game if you continue to make big mistakes late in close games. I thought that was what made the Spurs special, closing out games, and mental toughness. Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now.

Joepa
05-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah, that "foul" that sent Dirk to the line with 8 seconds left to tie the game was a real execution flaw. Sending Dirk to the line is like giving him a layup and no ref should call that with the game on the line.

I call bullshit on that one.

SpursStillTippin
05-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Oh and dont forget about Duncan being "inside" the arc when he was really 2 ft out of it as another execution flaw. Yea the Bullshit flag is flying high on that one too

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Not to mention the Terry "leaner" that led to Manu's departure at a critical time in the ballgame (2:28 left in regulation).

lebomb
05-16-2006, 08:37 AM
NO SHIT!!!!! Not ONE critical Mavericks player has fouled out of a game.......

island_dude
05-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Keep blaming it on the refs, but if your boys execute like the champions they are suppose to be they should close out the game before that even comes up.

It's funny how you missed the bs call where Parker never drew iron on the shot clock violation, but the refs say it grazed the rim, or when Duncan loses control of the ball and it bounces off the shot clock, then the refs say the Mavs deflected it.

Yes, there were bad calls, but it went both ways. You're just bitter that your team didn't execute when they should've. Put the blame where it belongs.

P.S. save you bitching about the refs for the thread created for that.

v2000
05-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Not to mention Josh Howard magically making the ball fly out of Duncans hands without touching it or him, and causing it to hit the shot-clock so that the Spurs get the ball back.

Not to mention Ginobili running with the ball, and tripping Josh Howard, and Josh Howard gets called for the foul.

Not to mention several times, even after getting a technical for delay of game, trying to kick the ball away, or hold on it for as long as possible, or give it to the wrong ref, to try to slow the Mavs fast-break down.

Quit whining. The officiating was poor, but poor against BOTH teams. There were a lot of crappy calls, and a lot of missed calls, and it basically balanced out between both teams. Again, the Spurs could have made plays down the stretch, but didnt.

EDIT: i posted this at the same time Island Dude posted his, so they are quite similar.

LEONARD
05-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Not to mention the Terry "leaner" that led to Manu's departure at a critical time in the ballgame (2:28 left in regulation).

WTF?? That's a foul EVERY time in the NBA...veteran move...

NO SHIT!!!!! Not ONE critical Mavericks player has fouled out of a game.......

Mavs are smarter on D I guess...

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:43 AM
WTF?? That's a foul EVERY time in the NBA...veteran move...

Yeah, when the man is in FRONT of the shooter. You didn't see how ridiculous it looked when Terry was leaning SIDEWAYS (to his right) to draw the contact? Get real.

v2000
05-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Yeah, when the man is in FRONT of the shooter. You didn't see how ridiculous it looked when Terry was leaning SIDEWAYS (to his right) to draw the contact? Get real.
STFU, Ginobili and Parker does that ALL THE FUCKIN TIME. quit whining.

WalterBenitez
05-16-2006, 08:44 AM
WE lost bc mavs did more point than us ... the explanation we need to understand is why they did more points ...

1) We didn't do enough points (ok ... we did it welll)

2) We allowed more points (yeah, latelly our defense sucks)

3) Our coaching staff couldn't find any scheme to stop them (yeap, pretty fair)

4) xtra factor ... sure refs are feeding Mavs offense (don't tell me no)

island_dude
05-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Funny how it was called against Manu, who is the king of the flop! :lol

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:46 AM
STFU

Cool. Gald you're on board. (Don't ponder - it's an inside joke.)

ctermu
05-16-2006, 08:47 AM
The ref "made up the call" on Parker's errant 3 that didn't hit rum by calling an offensive foul on Duncan the next play.

Ginobili never tripped Howard on the fast break play. If it's a foul to jump in front of a defender's path and momentum, Terry shouldn't have gotten the call on Ginobili where Manu fouled out.

ctpsb
05-16-2006, 08:47 AM
You Mavs fans have to be seeing a pattern here. Game 3 Duncan fouls out, Game 4 Ginobili heats up -- fouls out, Bowen 5 fouls, Duncan 4 fouls. Believe me I am so mad at Brent Barry this morning I could spit, plus his turnover I think were the single biggest reasons for the loss. I almost put it on him alone --- BUT the above mentioned foul trouble and the bogus, bogus call for Nowitzki, come on. You really can't tell me that is ever called. In the Cavs-Pistons game Hamilton was roughed up way more on his final shot and no call was made. Those ticky-tack calls are never made at the end of the game.

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:48 AM

Yeah, must've been Cuban's infamous "Manu Flop" video from Saturday. You know, the one where he disrespects and pokes fun of an opposing team's player. The one in which he'll probably draw a fine. Yeah, real class you people in Dallas have.

leemajors

dirk has knocked menu off the mountain as far as flopping goes.

Hook Dem
Looks like Mark Cuban is a lot smarter than you Mav fans. When the series started, he blogged about how atrocious the refs were. In your eyes, did that make him a whiner as you love to say? Now that the scales have been tipped in the Mavs favor, there are crickets chirping on his blog. You guys want to win so bad that you have no sense of fairness. Would I take the wins under the same circumstances? You bet I would! However, I would not be trying to "pretend" that no such thing happened. Get off of it Mav fans! You "know" you are full of shit! You have a very good team but so do we. If only Mav fans had as much talent as their team!

island_dude
05-16-2006, 08:49 AM
You're all just a bunch of bitter S.O.B.'s My work is done here! :lol

P.S. You're all right. It' a big conspiracy by the NBA and Mark Cuban. Stern loves Cuban so much!

NoMoneyDown
05-16-2006, 08:50 AM
You're all just a bunch of bitter S.O.B.'s My work is done here! :lol

Yeah, trolling takes a lot out of a person. :smokin

SpursStillTippin
05-16-2006, 08:50 AM
lol @ these mavs fans. the calls that yall dont get are far and few between and when they do happen its in the 1st half and not in the critical part of the game like 8 seconds left. Be real grow nuts and admit these officials have given you the upper hand, whats it gonna do take a game away from you? The game should be decided by the players with 2 minutes left and not the whistle.

leemajors
05-16-2006, 08:52 AM
if barry hadn't turned the ball over those 2 times we probably would have won the game. that said, the refs should never bail a player out like they did nowitzki. that is one of the worst calls i have ever seen.

v2000
05-16-2006, 08:54 AM
if barry hadn't turned the ball over those 2 times we probably would have won the game. that said, the refs should never bail a player out like they did nowitzki. that is one of the worst calls i have ever seen.
yea, almost as bad as Parker not even getting close to hitting rim, or Duncan throwing the ball at the shot clock, and both times, the Spurs got the ball back. it was been bad both ways.

Hook Dem
05-16-2006, 08:55 AM
The funny thing is that Mavs fans would be saying the same thing if it happened to them. You know Cuban would!!!!!

Hook Dem
05-16-2006, 08:57 AM
What goes around comes around! Your day of reckoning is coming Mav fans!

island_dude
05-16-2006, 08:58 AM
What goes around comes around! Your day of reckoning is coming Mav fans!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

drew19ht
05-16-2006, 09:03 AM
I just knew that the feks would step it up and put on there mavs jerseys in the fourth quater wow i couldnt believe how obvious they have been some change needs to be made. And about the comment that fouls dont make the game they do! when its this close every position and bad cal can change the game. Wow i bet jordan is upset he didnt get bailed out more in the end of the game he actualy had to make the game winning shot!

1Parker1
05-16-2006, 09:04 AM
He's right, refs were a joke, but the Spurs just couldn't hit shots in OT. Finley stole the ball...then immediately goes for a 3 and misses. Next trip down, Parker steals the ball, Duncan misses an easy layup. Mavs controlled the tempo and their poise in OT. Granted, it maybe shouldn't have gone to OT in the first place, and granted that the Spurs were obviously missing Ginobili--who perhaps shouldn't have been fouled out to begin with, but it is what it is.

To me, this series mostly rests on Pop. You can't keep changing your lineup and adjusting to the other team.

Spurs have NEVER played without two 7 footers in the middle all season to help Duncan. Now all of a sudden, when Pop goes on record to say that Spurs defense is what's hurting us, not our offense, he goes and puts Duncan and 4 Guards out there???? Where's the logic in that? I know Rasho and Nazr have been sucking big time, but perhaps if Pop had given them a chance, instead of letting them get rusty on the bench for the playoffs, this wouldn't have happened.

Then, you give Finley limited minutes the ENTIRE freakin season, and then all of a sudden you expect him to produce as a starter? I have not liked Pop's adjustment's this entire series and it's showing.

drew19ht
05-16-2006, 09:11 AM
The spurs defense has been solid, look dallas is good there going to score and that it but the spurs have been making them work for it with j's but these last few games have been decided by refs in the fourth its clear, when a game is this close you dont call liitle girly stuff let these teams play its the freaking playoffs man, make dirk make that shot dont give it to him. Thats all im saying if the refs let them play the spurs are up 3 1 but mavs only hjave a chance because the refs constantly keep them in the game.

leemajors
05-16-2006, 09:13 AM
yea, almost as bad as Parker not even getting close to hitting rim, or Duncan throwing the ball at the shot clock, and both times, the Spurs got the ball back. it was been bad both ways.

you don't bail a player out with less than ten seconds left, and he is not driving to the hoop. if he had tossed a shot up and missed, i could see maybe bailing him out. but that was ridiculous.

leemajors
05-16-2006, 09:14 AM
The spurs defense has been solid, look dallas is good there going to score and that it but the spurs have been making them work for it with j's but these last few games have been decided by refs in the fourth its clear, when a game is this close you dont call liitle girly stuff let these teams play its the freaking playoffs man, make dirk make that shot dont give it to him. Thats all im saying if the refs let them play the spurs are up 3 1 but mavs only hjave a chance because the refs constantly keep them in the game.

no, the spurs have not been able to stop the mavs. they aren't scoring 100 points on free throws. the spurs could not stop terry late. i hate the call on dirk, but don't call the spurs d solid when they are getting lit up for 100+ points.

drew19ht
05-16-2006, 09:19 AM
last year ths spurs were playing solid d and won against the suns do you remember the scores? yeah in the hundreds when you play fast pace teams its going to happen especialy in the playoffs man. San antono was controlling the tempo all game until the fourth when ofcourse the refs changed the game calling girly fouls and making really bad calls, the same in game 3. The spurs can play against the mavs and the refs. Any person not a spurs fan our mavs fan would tell you honestly it was a bad day for the refs

SpursGotOwned
05-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Not one Mavericks player has fouled out? Are you stupid? Diop and Damp both fouled out last night.

How about the possession for the Spurs when 2 bad calls were made in their favor? First, Duncan loses the ball on his way up and its called off the Mavs when NONE of them touched it. Then the Spurs shoot a brick 3 that doesnt hit the rim and a shot clock violation should have been called but the refs get together and claim it hit the rim. The Spurs had 2 extra scoring opportunities.

So stop your god damn whining

leemajors
05-16-2006, 09:23 AM
that was a completely different series. the spurs were able to make key stops against the suns in that series - they aren't making those stops this year against the mavs, and are executing poorly down the stretch. last year, ginobili does not make that late turnover like in game 3 vs dallas, and barry wouldn't have had the chance to make his turnovers because ginobili wasn't fouling out. i am bitching about one or two key calls, but that does not take away from the mavs getting key offensive boards and putbacks. last year's team could actually get those key rebounds, this year's team isn't. the spurs need to start playing like they deserve to win the game down the strecth and they will win.